UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-30-2009, 03:59 AM   #1  

Default Weightwatcher products points

Hi

I wonder if somebody could help please. I but weightwatcher bread which states on the packet it is 1/2 point per slice and yet when I calculate the points with a weight watcher calculator on line it comes out as 1 point. The same happens with their tortillas. They say 1 point and yet when calculated it is 2 points. It also happens with crumpets. Stated as 2 points yet calculated as 3.

Very confused as not sure who is right.

Thanks once again for help
avril123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:02 AM   #2  
ann
ann

S/C/G: starting weight 210lbs

Height: 5 ft 2ins

i know what you mean but i find by weighing everything and working out the points myself i was getting better results in the weight lose area i think the points value on the packet is for an average slice but try weigh two slices and you'll find a difference in the size and weight so my advise would be go by your own calculations and not the packet
ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:38 AM   #3  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

That is a tough question! I use alot of WW recipes and am afraid to calculate the points because I am so afraid that my numbers will come out differently! So what I do is just take it on faith that the number of points that they indicate is correct because I'll drive myself NUTS otherwise. I just make sure that I don't eat alot of these products "just in case". I figure that my 35 flex points for the week will cover any inaccuracies, which is why I won't eat more than 15 flex points intentionally during a week...
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/150

Height: 5' 11"

I noticed the same thing. I think that they advertise the lower points on the packaging just to increase sales - very sneaky if you ask me.
Findmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:15 PM   #5  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Ladies, I have found that if one Arnold's sandwich thin is 1 point but if you eat two in one sitting the point value changes. You have to caluate it based on the total calories and fat and fiber for two and not just add one for each. That 1 point is based on just eating one slice or one sandwich or whatever it is that you are eating. I was eating two and counting it as 2 points but in actuality combing the info for two made them a total of 3 points. I hope this helps.

Don't be affraid to use your own recipes either, I was until my daughter showed me how to use the recipe builder and arrive at the portions sizes you want to get out of it. It is really great once you get the hang of it.

Are any of you ladies going to do the 5k walk with WW? Sorry I know this is not about the points. If yes PM me, I would like to know your stratagies.

Aggie
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote