UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:06 PM   #1  

Default Trying again... to scared to fail...

Hello Everyone! I am on the 4th day of the sure slim diet, its been really a mission for me to get to a diet clinic, every year I try to lose weight, but never make it. Keep making excuses week after week!!! The delay took me to a high of 119 kg... my weight Loss goal is 58 kgs.,. ! I keep wondering if I would ever make it to the goal weight! I have spend hundreds of dollars on weight loss, but nothing works- i do lose weight but then don't know how to maintain my weight loss...! Here I am again weighing 119 kg and feeling miserable...!!!
What I am wondering is has anyone felt the same??? Whats the best way to stick to the diet and how to avoid cravings??
Please share your thougths and stories...
pinkrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:00 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Get rid of all the bad stuff at home. That's what I had to do.

Then I bought tons of fruits of veggies (and still do every week) and learned a lot of ways to cook foods that were low in cal but very filling.

I also don't starve myself all day and wait till the evening like I used to- when I did that I'd be ravenous by the evening and stuff myself- NOT good.

I try to eat at least 1000 calories during the day by the time I get home- then eat a dinner and snack that combined is 500 calories or less.

Today for dinner I'm having a taco salad with reduced fat sour cream and using salsa for dressing. So it's lots of lettuce, tomato, and then some meat, a bit of cheese, and some sour cream and salsa- it might be higher end on calories but I have been craving it and before I'd just eat like 6 tacos! So definitely an improvement from before.

Don't do it all at once either- gradual changes- like cutting out more junkfood, then stop buying it, then buy fruits and veggies you like and try a few easy recipes, then try some new veggies and fruits and other recipes, with time you'll come to enjoy the good foods and stay away from the bad- I don't snack or eat as much junk food as I did before

Oh and drink a lot of water- I try to get in 8 cups a day
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:59 PM   #3  
Hot Chick

S/C/G: 225/218/160

Height: 5' 6½"

Hi Pink Rose, I definitely understand what you mean about maintenance being the toughest challenge of all. I lost somewhere around 40 lb back in 2006 only to gain it all back again by 2008. For me, I had to grasp some new things this time round in fighting my battle against excess weight. I think for everyone it's slightly different and I think you just have to do some hard soul searching because ultimately, you are the only person who knows the things that are particular challenges for you. I totally, totally endorse everything beerab said, especially the thing about not doing everything at once. For example, if crisps is one of your weaknesses, try one month where you eliminate them (not necessarily anything else) but have a healthy replacement in mind. I've detailed some of the things that have helped me the most in my 3FC blog http://3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/ukb...22/wc-1622009/
but in terms of cravings, I would have to say that the biggest revelation for me is eating little and often. So I eat about 6 times per day with each meal being somewhere between 250-300 cals. I was shocked that when I got home from work in the evenings I was nowhere near as hungry as I used to be in the past. Another thing which has been REVOLUTIONARY for me is planning my meals - I prepare a meal plan every week. Now, it may be that you don't have to do it to this degree (I just find that it helps me budget and not have an extra high food shopping bill because I'm buying anything that looks good ), but for the meals that you are most vulnerable (for me it is dinner time). The basic idea is that you know what you are having before you leave for work in the morning. So if it means you have to defrost that piece of fish or chicken etc, then it's sorted. Also, I pack a full lunch bag with all the things I have planned to eat for that day and have detailed in my meal plan. Sometimes my lunch bag is stacked high with food (usually about 4 meals worth), but it's all good stuff like fruit and low calorie healthy bars. Sometimes I think, 'damn', I'm not really gonna eat that much, but then those cravings kick in and I find I am really happy I have my piece of fruit. I've kinda rambled on here but hopefully you have some food for thought. We are all here to support you, so don't ever feel alone or that no one understands your struggle.

Best wishes,
UKbc
x

Last edited by UKbarristerchick; 03-01-2009 at 02:04 PM.
UKbarristerchick is offline   Reply With Quote