UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:02 AM   #1  

Height: 5'5

Question Help!! The scales wont budge!!

Hi ladies & gents!!!

Please help!

Quick intro: I had my baby daughter about a year ago and put on about 3 stone!!! Ive lost 2 stone from Cambridge diet and then generally trying to eat better, becoming a vegeterian and generally chasing after my little one. After a couple of months of not loosing any more weight i realised my excersise regime needed to begin!!!

Im now in my third week with a personal trainer who i see 2-3 times a week. It kills me but i love it!!! But after all my hard work my weight is staying the same!!!! I havent lost anything!!! I know its only been 3 weeks, but surely i must be seeing some change on the scales???

Any tips for this last stone??? Any miracle foods that will melt away my jelly belly??? Any advice gratefully received!!!

Bevos
Bevos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:16 AM   #2  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

have you been measuring yourself with a tape measure? If you are doing a lot of resistence training, you might be building muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat. If you are losing inches, that's what really matters. I dunno about any miracle foods- just fruits and veggies and whole grains and lean protiens. I wish you the best of luck. I know how frustrating it is to work so hard and see no change on the scale.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:38 AM   #3  

I lost 3 st, then the last 10lb simply wouldn't come off. I have PCOS, which makes it very hard to lose weight at all - and I was doing 10,000 steps a day PLUS one hour's vigorous exercise, 6 or 7 days a week. But that last 10lb didn't want to shift. In the end, I lost half of it with Paul McKenna's book and CD *I Can Make You Thin* - and went back to using Fitday and weighing my portions (and yes they had crept up!)

But I never lost the whole of the last 10lb - leaving me technically slightly 'overweight' despite being 5' 6" and a size 12! In the end I gave up weighing and chucked the scales for good as my fitness levels, dress size and the mirror told me I was fine - but the scales refused to.

Last edited by PhatPhoenix; 03-06-2008 at 06:39 AM.
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote