UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2002, 06:36 PM   #46  

Interrogation over BPB

Flumper for your stats just type in your start weight, current weight and what weight you'd like to be sort of thing - OK? So Sarah the mathmatician can work out how much we've all got to lose as a group and how much to lose etc. I think she wished she'd never taken the job on eh Sarah?
Old 02-13-2002, 03:07 AM   #47  

what a job sarah !!! rather you than me ,im numerically dyslexic i think .......unless it has pound signs beside it. well my stats are
start:222lbs
current :216lbs
target: 111lbs
Old 02-13-2002, 03:08 AM   #48  

Unhappy

oh yes and no loss this week
Old 02-13-2002, 03:16 AM   #49  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Flumper - this is what I put on the post after I had done my weekly weigh in this week:

My stats:

(Original start weight April 01: 16st 3lbs)
Start Weight this time (02 Jan 02): 14st 10lbs
Current Weight: 13st 9lbs
Target Weight: 10st 7lbs
Total lost since 02/01: 15lbs
Remainder to be lost: 3st 2lbs
Current BMI: 29.9
Loss this week: 2lbs

It doesn't have to be quite so detailed, but I just copy and paste it from one week to the next and then change the figures. Its nice to see the changes each week. You can get your BMI at

Click here for BMI Calculator

I do work out how much we have lost as a group - but I have sort of given up keeping a track on how much we have got left to lose because so many people pop in here and post just once or twice and we don't here from then again, or post one week and then miss three - so I then take out their weight from the total - then they suddenly post again! I got soooooooooooooo confused!!!!! (And I promise you I am EASILY confused!!)
Old 02-13-2002, 03:21 AM   #50  
Consistency + Balance

Woops!!! We were posting at the same time!
Old 02-13-2002, 03:29 AM   #51  
Theres no stopping me now

Morning everyone. Didn’t manage in much yesterday but well done to everyone who has lost weight & those who haven’t keep at it – it will come of. I lost 2lbs last week, not quite all of what I gained last week but a big step in the right direction.

New Stats are

Starting weight - 16st 8lbs
Current weight - 15st 10lbs
Target weight - 10st 7lbs
Loss/Gain this week - 2
Total loss so far - 12
Remainder to be lost - 5st 3lb
BMI = 36.6 - severely obese

Carol
Old 02-13-2002, 03:56 AM   #52  
Consistency + Balance

WELL DONE, CAROL!!
Old 02-13-2002, 03:50 PM   #53  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default Tonight's weigh-in

Well Ladies, SW had come up trumps again.

3lb off tonight making 5.1/2 in 2 weeks - I am well chuffed with that.
Old 02-13-2002, 04:38 PM   #54  

Unhappy weekly weigh in

disappointed to say that i have stayed the same this week - my total loss over 3 weeks has been a mere 2lb!

Tracy
Old 02-13-2002, 05:10 PM   #55  

Default Tracey

Which plan are you doing?

This plan is suiting me because its quite high in protein. I was told from a very early dieting age that protein speeds up the metabolism for so long after eating (can't remember the exact equation). Well this works well for me.

My friend, who also comes to SW with me lost 4lb by doing the red plan the first week, she swapped after weigh in to green days which are high in carbo's. She stayed the same this week. Now that could be because she lost a lot the first week and its even-ing out. I think its probably that her system is more sluggish on carbo's than protein.

SW Red Days are not a no carbo diet but a low carbo diet. You can have bread(wholemeal) and Pasta (wholemeal) and potatoes but in small quantities. Don't get me wrong, I love potatoes and pasta and particularly white crusty bread, but I'm not exactly starving as there are so many other things I can have.

Protein also satisfies me for longer than carbo foods.

Does anyone else think they perform better on high protein?
Old 02-14-2002, 02:26 AM   #56  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

i am afraid I stayed the same this week! Not a happy camper but it is time of the month and I did have a good day out at the weekend with overindulgence aplenty.
I am not going to give the scales more power than they deserve, i know if I carry on regardless i will have a good loss next week!
(I won't be weighing in next week as it is half term and I am going to visit my mum in sunny Barnsley and I won't have a computer for a few days)

I weigh 17st-2 1/2lb at the moment when I get weighed in 2 weeks time I would like to be 16st 13 1/2lb, wish me luck. I have lost a stone this year so I am trying to be positive and just think ahead to a slimmer me. With your help and the rebounder for company I know I can do it....thankyou.
Old 02-14-2002, 02:43 AM   #57  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

jano- great to hear SW is working for you, well done, i wouldn't say high protein was the way for me but I feel better low-carbing (not no-carbing) it is doing the job,I tend to avoid wheat at the moment and feel a lot better for it, I still eat wheat occasionally, but most of my carbs come from rice, pots and fruit.

Well done to everyone who lost weight this week, and to those of us who didn't just carry on we will next week!
Old 02-14-2002, 06:11 AM   #58  
:(

S/C/G: 13st 2lbs/12st 7lbs/9st 7lbs

Height: 5'2

Were any of you as overweight as me when you were only 17? Well Im 18 now but I was still 17 when I was at my heaviest!
Im really worried about weighing myself on Tuesday coz It ws my birthday yesterday and my party tommorow, lots of bad food and alcohol! But I went to the gym on Tuesday & wednesday and Im determined to drag myself there again sometime today! I will I will I will!

Sorry for being a moaning *****! Its just annoying when all my friends are slim and pretty!
Old 02-14-2002, 06:55 AM   #59  

Default Chi Chi

You are only young once, so go out and have a good time at you party. Get back on track the next day and I don't think you will do too much harm. The only harm that will be done is if you let it get to you mentaly and that is the most difficult of all.

Janet
Old 02-14-2002, 07:04 AM   #60  
Consistency + Balance

ChiChi - it doesn't matter what size we were at 17/18 - it is how YOU feel about YOURSELF right now thats important.

I expect other people have already told you this, but there is more to life than being slim and pretty - you can be attractive no whatever size you are and blokes are more likely to be attracted to a HAPPY person who is confident with their body no matter what size it is, rather than someone who is slim and miserable and forever worrying that they aren't as 'good' as the next person.

If you really can't make drastic changes in your lifestyle by getting a LOT more exercise and eating a LOT less (even when it is your birthday) then perhaps you need to come to terms with your weight as you are and stop tormenting yourself.

Go get some advice on make up and hairstyles for your face shape - perhaps look at clothes which are designed for larger people rather than at clothes which are designed for smaller people but made in larger sizes (they are cut totally differently). Then, when you are sure you are looking your best, walk with your head held high with confidence and SMILE!
Closed Thread