3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Rebounder (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/12290-rebounder.html)

Jano 01-06-2002 11:37 AM

Rebounder

Hi all of you

Sometime ago I had a leg injury and I was introuced by my physio to the rebounder ( like a tampette). This exercised the leg muscle without doing further damage. He suggested I get one at home and I did. I use it for exercise and have a tape. Its like aerobics on a trampoline but supposed to work the body harder rather than doing in on the ground.

This was very popular, I believe, years ago and I have a video tape which I have been using for over 12 months. However, I would like a change. Does anyone else out there use one and does anyone know of any other videos I may get.

I think this piece of equipment is well used in America and there are tapes advertised on Amazon but they don't play on our VCR's.

Grateful of any help!!

Janet

dmarkey 01-06-2002 12:50 PM

Hi Jan,

:wave:

Just popped in to greet you!

BigFatBooty 01-06-2002 12:56 PM

Jano

The only video that I have found in the UK is Cardio Bounce. I don't think the exercise is as popular in the US now, when I did a search on Amazon.com I think they only listed one video. However, you do need a video player that can handle the US format.

I keep on hearing about a video by EB Berns (I think) - they guy that originated the system, but I have been unable to locate it on any US sites.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but if you do hear of anything else I would be interested to know.

Smiling Sal 01-07-2002 08:21 AM

Don't know anything about rebound but it sounds like fun. Trampolining is one of the many things I am going to take up when my weight is a little lighter.

But on exercise videos. Does anybody else work out to exercise vidoes. I have 3 old favourites at home but am at that stage where a change might be nice - can anyone reccommend one ??

The ones I have are

Lorraine Kelly - Figure it out
Lorraine Kelly - Fugiure happy
Billy Blanks - Tae Bo - some beginngers level although it would kill me if I tried it at the moment.

Carol

Jano 01-07-2002 09:38 AM

Rebounding

Hi Smiling

You don't have to be small to re-bound. In fact its easier than Aerobics on hard ground (so to speak) much, much easier. You only have to bounce shightly to feel the benefit, you don't even have to leave the canvas.

Got mine from Argos £9.99 and will never part with it. You don't have to use a video just do it for about 5 mins whilst watching TV

Please let me know how you get on if you decide to give it a go

Janet

Jano 01-07-2002 09:41 AM

Rebounding again

Hi Ladies (and Gents if the are any!!)

Go on give this a try. Tell me you didn't like jumping on the bed 'till the spring nearly broke when you were a kid. Its real good fun.

Janet

Jano 01-07-2002 11:43 AM

Rebounding again again

Hi Groovy

Thank you for your reply. I have one of the videos you mention which is Cardio Bounce plus. The other is The Easier Way to Bouncing Fitness.

I have never met anyone else who uses a rebouder but wish I had had one years ago. It is much easier than doing exercises on solid ground but the benefits are better. Because there is no jolting you are unlikely to get any strains on joints etc. I find exercising on solid ground real hard work now.

If in doubt look up "rebounding" on any search engine and read all about it. Just changing the weight from one leg to the other can be very beneficial.

I would love to hear from anyone else who uses it.

Jano

Ps. Hi to Di who is slaving away at the moment.

Tizme2000 01-11-2002 12:47 PM

Rebounder

Hi all,

Have just got Frank to drag my tramppette out from under the stairs am told it will help. I am just going to hang on to something for balance and bounce away as I get get out far as its too cold for me on my buggy. I am too lazy to put it in the back of Hooley my car so bouncing will have to do for now. Trying to be a bit more mobile for the end of Jan and that wedding in the SUN oh Bliss if you never hear from me again she has sold me for 10 Camels. My Grand daughter has I mean.
Vivienne
tizme2000

Jano 01-12-2002 03:45 AM

There has been a book written on re-bounding by a woman who was crippled with Arthritis (not sure if I spelled that right). Bouncing certainly helped her (so we are told) It aslo tells of other ailments which it helps with.(se Amazon)

If you enter rebounding in to a Uk search engine you will get very interesting results. I think it was even used by NASA as training for the spacemen.

In Leicester, there was a re-bounder centre (not sure if its still there), this will possibly come up on your search. My video was made there. It is a little dated but it does the trick. However, to any one thinking of giving it a go, you do need a very supportive bra. (pulls the wrinkles out of your face ;-) )

BigFatBooty 01-12-2002 04:41 AM

and your boobies hit the ceiling and the floor :D

tupperware queen 01-20-2002 07:36 AM

I quite like the idea of this, will need to purchase the recommended sports Bra first:o
Any body know if it is ok for people with back problems? I have a recurring disc problem which is at warning levels at the moment (no wonder really with this extra weight.....yet another reeason to keep to it!!) It doesn't sound as if it is too high impact, I need to start somewhere and this piece of equipment sounds like it is a decent price and fun to use.
my sis in Canada has one and I used to love it when I visited her, but I was a lot lighter then.

Jano 01-20-2002 09:14 AM

I suggest TQ that you give it a go but go gently to start with - well you will anyway because you need to learn to balance first. I have heard it is good for all ailments, don't know if it refers to your particular problems... possibly your Dr. won't know. I think this may be a Suck it and see situation :?:

BigPhatBooty 01-22-2002 06:09 PM

Just a quick one. I'm back with the Cardio Bounce! Have found another video on an American site, so contemplating sending off for that one too, although the actual video is $29 before shipping :eek:

Jano - don't you think the pink and bouncy "thing" is inspirational??? :lol:

Jano 01-23-2002 01:55 AM

BPB

I don't know about inspirational...(looks a bit like me on my tramp with my purple lycra he!he) but I did like the little girl. Is this a whole new change of image, new name, new piccy, new you? If so, I hope it works out for you.

Whats this new Video? Be careful if it American it may not play. I sent for a Belly Dancing Tape which was American and it was gobbledegook when we played it (don't laugh, it wasn't for me.... though I understand it' brilliant exercise).

I hope my Cardio Bounce arrives today as I have loaned my cardio bounce + to a friend. I still have "he Easier Way to Bouncing Fitness" but its mostly toning. I want aerobics to work the fat!! The only work out on this tape is for 5 mins long... not nearly long enough.

Boing!....off to work!!
Jano

BigPhatBooty 01-23-2002 04:46 AM

Just fancied a change, will most probably go back to the little girl - but was feeling a bit pink and bouncy this week :lol: