UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-01-2007, 07:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/225/150

Height: 5ft7

Default belly dancing anyone tried it?

Hi there,

Just wondered if there were any belly dancers around or any people that have tried it...I love the art of belly dancing and I love the music. My mother is from the Middle East so I have grown up listening to alot of Arabic music, altho I've never given belly dancing a serious go....
I found a local belly dancing class and I can't wait to go
myyear07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:45 AM   #2  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Let us know how it is It's supposed to be great for toning and firming...I was just talking about it with some girls yesterday, although I've never tried it...do you have to show your belly off while dancing I wonder?
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 238/225/150

Height: 5ft7

I dont think you have to show your belly but you have to wear a hipscarf so you can see your hips moving as it's more movements of the hips and butt that you see when you belly dance.
I could watch a professional belly dancer for hours. I've tried it in front of the mirror and yes you use loads of muscles doing it!

xx
myyear07 is offline   Reply With Quote