UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 09:45 AM   #61  

Clydegirl - the ones I have just cut and pasted came from the web - I think they were Aussie ones.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:46 AM   #62  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Its this one - the recipe book that came with it is all in American cups and eggplant rather than aubergine - I'm okay with cups but I would have thought that most people would have got a bit confused.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:47 AM   #63  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Slow cooker tip.... do they sell the liners over there? They're plastic, made by the same people who make sandwich bags and they sit inside your slow cooker and you put all the food in there, clean up is throw away

The plumber is supposed to be coming out soon, I need to get in the shower but with my luck he'll turn up just as I step in, still I'm sure he doesn't want to see me in my jammies and dressing gown...so best go get in...
Old 01-05-2007, 09:49 AM   #64  
Consistency + Balance

There! That avatar is more me.

I keep forgetting its early in the morning for you two! Its ten to three here.

I've not heard of those liners - they sound a good idea. Might try Lakeland Plastics website they usually do things like that.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:53 AM   #65  
Consistency + Balance

Nope - they've got liners for just about everything else but not slow cookers. (Might put in an order for that cooker liner but why on earth would you want those toaster liner thingies??)
Old 01-05-2007, 11:50 AM   #66  

Went out in the end. Firstly to Kinver in Staffs which is a nice village, then up to Kinver Edge which has great views and houses built into the stone on the hillside. Then I went ot Bridgenorth which is nice too. Anyway, off to put my birthday smellies to good use!
Old 01-05-2007, 04:07 PM   #67  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Oooh Bridgenorth - Severn Valley Railway Fantastic place!

I don't know why I came on really! I don't have much to say!

DH has bought me pressies and wants me to open them tonight He's worse than me! I am resisting till Sunday! I've had a lovely tea of lightly dusted lemon sole (read breaded) from M&S with home-made chips!

Oh that's what I wanted to say!!!! I saw Helen (YP1) in Eve! It's fabby! It's a really nice little article. I'm dilusional! I completely forgot about that when I logged on...
Old 01-05-2007, 04:48 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 174/148/138

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Ann View Post
I decided this morning that I actually quite like dieting. That sounds stupid - but its nice to feel back in control. I love the excesses of Christmas - its the normal mundane mindless munching on an average day that I don't much like - you know, that sinking feeling when you realise you've even the best part of a packet of biscuits just by snaffling one each time you pass the cupboard.
I with you on that, much as I love munching I was getting bored with it, I was sort of on eating autopilot. I've been eating healthy/excercising again for nearly a week now and I've got my back. Tigger move over!!

My job is due to be outsourced at the end of the month and the *&%$S management at work and the new company Unisys have not said anything to us since the initial meeting in September.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:27 PM   #69  
Slow and steady

Well the plumber has been, we need a new loo! Apparently they don't make the parts for the one we have upstairs so he can't repair....the water that came through the ceiling was toilet water J wasn't to impressed with that thought.

So now we have to wait in tomorrow to see if the Landlord will fork over for a new bog and the plumber will fit it. Actually, saying that, the landlord will fork over for a new one as it's against the law for him not to, and I will make sure he knows this, he's such a plonker...and a tight wad at that. Apparently, he hasn't paid the plumber from our last water gushing from pipe outside.... I told 'Harry' the plumber that he needs to re bill him....but judging by his expression, I reckon he thinks it's a waste of time.

I'm sitting here all on my tod at the moment. Hannah is out at a concert and will be home shortly, and Mum, J and dave have all headed to bed within minutes of one another. Mum says she just feels totally knackered, Dave was up at four for work, so it's past his usual bedtime and J started work today and has to be in again tomorrow at six thirty...so it's just me, Pen and Lew.

Question, does anyone take vitamins? if so, what sort, and why? Just curious, I sometimes remember to take mine, but nine times out of ten, they seem to make me feel worse, or I get a cold, or something....anyone else have this?

Sarah, love the new av....looks nothing like you of course.... but it definitely suits your personality, as it looks ready for anything and that's how I think of you.

Jen, did you manage to book your massage? Enjoy when you get it, hope your aching muscles stop soon.

CG, hope you've taken it easy today, enjoy the weekend.

Peacock, your story about weeing and the runs had me in hysterics, sorry for laughing, but you are very comical when you write....you should write a book.

Lou, good luck with all your plans for this year, a baby hey? I was looking at the cutest things for babies while out with Mum earlier, they had a willy cover for baby boys so as to stop the flow when they tinkle all over you while you're changing them, it was called a tee pee, and was a tiny little triangle of cloth you put over their willy, terry towling I think...made me smile.

Michelle, hope your Dad is on his way home soon and your Mum is doing ok.

Ok, will go and unload the dishwasher while waiting on Hannah... see you all tomorrow.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:27 AM   #70  
Consistency + Balance

Chris - yes, I take a multi vit with iron (just the bog standard Tesco or Sainsbury one). I also take a lot of Omega oil capsules - on the tub they are good for keeping joints supple and I read somewhere that they are supposed to help weight loss. I also take a post menopause supplement which is just specific vits and mins that post menopausal women are deficient in but, TBH, I don't think much of it and I might go back on the good ol' soya & vit supplement which made me feel

I hope you get your loo fixed - can't you and the plumber go see the landlord together to put some pressure on him?

I have REALLY my back and its all Ellie & Fred's fault. It was our first trip back on this end of the Moor since it was saturated with all that rainfall in December (they finally took down the warning notices). Anyway, I had all three dogs with me and they were enjoying themselves racing around after each other and generally having a good time. Ellie was hurtling around, put up a pheasant, jumped a big clump of heather to get to it - and just disappeared! Turned out she'd fallen in to a concealed steep sided, narrow drainage ditch from the days when they used to drain the Moor to cut peat. Fred was following her and then, of course, fell straight in on top of her - they ended up kind of wedged in side by side in deep water - and because of the steep sides neither of them could get a foothold to get out. I laid down on my tummy and managed to grab hold of Fred's collar and haul him out but I couldn't get Ellie's because as soon as she had a bit of free space the panick set in and she started splashing around in circles and moving along with the current. So I had to take off my jacket, jumper, boots, socks and jeans and climb in there with her (Good job there wasn't anyone around - I must have looked great in my T shirt & knickers!!) I managed to get behind her and pushed her to the side then ducked down in the water, grabbed her bum and pushed her out from behind. You should have seen the state of us! We'd stirred up all the loose peat at the bottom so the water was filthy - and so was I - then, of course, I had to get dressed again while all grubby and soaking wet. Yuck! It wasn't until I tried putting on my jeans that I realised how much more my back was hurting. Blummin dogs! They knew they'd done wrong, they walked VERY quietly to heel all the rest of the way home and I haven't heard a squeak from them since.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:10 AM   #71  

OH God Sarah you poor thing, you do have some great stories

Why is it hot in Boston in January???? I could wear shorts today!!!

Chris I hope your bathroom gets fixed, landlords can be annoying. If it gets ugly there is something called the Massachusetts Tenants Right Organization, I have the phone number somewhere if you need it. Hopefully they still exist, I haven't had to use them in about 8 years.

Went out for birthday dinner 2 last night but didn't do too badly, I had fun with this group of friends who I have known for 30 years.

Off to spinning.

Have a great day all.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:11 AM   #72  
Slow and steady

Morning

Sarah, I have the omega 3 capsules, I've been remembering to take them this week, they do seem to help with my bad shoulder (arthritis) and I'm hoping they will help with the weight coming off. I'm also trying to remeber to take my one a day multi vit, but that's the one that makes me feel a bit oooppy sometimes, or other times I've taken it on a regular basis, I always come down with some snotty cold or ailment...it's prob pyscological, just me, nothing to do wit the vitamin at all.

You poor thing, I hope you're clean and dry now after your swim with the dogs in the peat bog. You make me laugh with saying how they all walked home very well behaved and quiet... they really do know when we're not happy with them, don't they?

You were very brave jumping in there, as well as divesting which I prob wouldn't have thought to do, I have been in my pool back in AZ a few times fully dressed to rescue Lew when he tired out or couldn't find the steps, and a few little kids that fell in...never thought to diivest myself of anything....I bet the water was bloody cold? I hope you get the back sorted and take it easy the next few days my woman.

It's just me and myself again right now, J has gone to work and everyone is still sleeping.....it's piddling with rain but 60 degrees already, Dave says we're having a BBQ this afternoon

I've just had an icident with the loo down here now...it was all blocked, luckily I am good with a plunger and seem to have sorted it, I'll have Harry the plumber look at that one too while he's here with the new one for upstairs...honestly, the plumbing in this house is more than quirky, it's a downright pain.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday... take it easy all.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:24 AM   #73  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Morning girls.

Well I'm making steel cut oatmeal for breakfast. It's the one Dr Oz talks about. Looks very healthy takes 30 minutes to cook.

Sarah watch your back, you will need to take it easy today. That would have been a kodak moment you climbing in there with your t-shirt and knickers.

Chris hope you get your loos fixed.I'm trying to remember to take viactiv chewable calcium. I should take a vitamin but they all look like horse pills and I can't swallow them.

Well my husband went to his work's christmas party last night .It had been rescheduled because of the ice storm and no power.He won the big prize in the raffle an I-pod nano. Very nice. This is the second I-pod he's won at work
He won the I-pod shuffle last summer very small. So he was grinning like a cheshire cat when he came home last night.

The oatmeal is almost ready I have sweetened it with some splenda.

Enjoy the day.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:01 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone

Hello Chris good luck with the bathroom. CG hope your feeling better. Redsox you big tease its a right grey day here!! Sarah I am sorry your back is sore but your story of rescuing your dogs is priceless and I couldn't help but laugh at you in your tshirt and knickers what a gal you are. Ellie and Fred are truly blessed.

It is grey and miserable here. I've not stepped out of the door. Later I have to go round and see my parents. My father is doing well and is sort of home.
He is home during the day but has to sleep on the ward until Monday when he has his echo.
All sounds a bit complicated but he seems in good form, and my mother is much calmer thank god. Hopefully the Echo won't show any awful damage to his heart.

Its so quiet here hubby has gone to his mothers, the little fella is at the cinema and the big fella is in his room. This is my first day of chilling since my father took ill and I am enjoying it. I shall take him back to the ward at 9.30pm ready for bedtime!!!

Take good care everyone

Michele
Old 01-06-2007, 01:05 PM   #75  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

For Sarah and your bad back! You're a super-hero rescuing those poor doggies in distress! But about it - you really will have to write a book, it'd sell better than Marley & Me!

Michelle - so glad your dad's back on the mend - he's a tough old boot isn't he.

I've been kickboxing today, had a really good time, brown belt's almost there, doing good stuff, even went on to do some sparring with Lee and I hit him I always kind of stop during sparring and have a mini celebration/shock when I land a punch, especially on Lee! Then of course he proceeded to beat me to bits! All good!

I am home alone tonight :ds: but I will get through most of my magazines and books, and probably watch the best of Muppets that the 'rents recorded for me!

Oh and I've gone and left my mobile at the kickboxing gym and won't get it back till Tuesday! I'm such a numpty!!! I think it just fell out of my pocket, they have it and have put it in the safe for me, so lordy knows how many messages and missed calls I'll have on there!
Closed Thread