Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2001, 07:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/325/170

Red face TOPS~~Monday~~July 9th

Morning ladies!!

Just thought I'd start us off for the day! I hope all of you have a great OP day!! Remember YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU SET YOUR MIND TO DO!!

Wish I had more time to post but I've got to get dressed for work. Talk to you guys later!!
Old 07-09-2001, 08:46 AM   #2  
Working My Way Happy!

Hi Stephanie,

Have a great day at work. Don't overdo it now. Have you got the nursery all set for the baby? What theme are you going with?

Hey stephanie we need your address so we can all send you a card when the new baby arrives.

How is everyone today?

I am great I had another day on plan and I am doing great. I feel so much better about myself. That means so much at this point. I am exercising, drinking my water and sticking with my points. I am trying to have different points everyday. I ended with 23 1/2 pts yesterday so that was good. I am glad I went back to the point system for me it is easy. I already know the points for stuff because I had done it for so long.

Wendy I am glad you got the ww stuff I sent to you. Are you going to start the plan today. After the first week it will be easier for you. Because most of the time we all eat the same things from week to week. So once you have the points for the first week you should be pretty much set for the points. Then you will only have to look up some foods. Remember I can help you with what has what for points if you want.

Eleni,

Are you still hanging in there? How did the party go for your grandson? Did you have a good time.

Nita,

You hang in there. You are doing great with your points this week. That is great that you planned out what you are eating.

Shelly,

How are you doing so far this week?

Summer,

You are doing great with your exercise how is the eating. Is the exercise starting to help curb your appetite? Don't worry you are doing great. One thing at a time and one day at a time. Keep peddling girl.

Penny,

Where are you girl? We haven't heard from you either. You better get your butt back here. How are you doing with your plan. I know you have been busy but you have to get here so you don't fall off the wagon.LOL Miss You!

Marie,

Same goes for you. Are you back from your vacation? Get in her girl we miss you too.

Everyone else that I missed have a great day and I will check in later with you all.

Hey I finally quit my cleaning jobs. I only have one left to quit and I finally found someone to take my place for that job. So I will be going over there next monday with the other girl to quit and to introduce her to them. I hope that they want to use her. At least I tried to take care of them.

Have a great day everyone.

Sherri
Old 07-09-2001, 09:44 AM   #3  
Mother Hen

Just to let you know I am still around.I went to the party and it was fun watching the grandkids skate.Five of the 9 were there.Took a lot of pictures but was using a disposible camera so am not sure how good they will be.The new skaters were a trip.At beginning they could barely stay up and took forever to go around.And Bill had to skate to help grand-daughter as she wanted grandpa to help.By the end both of beginnnings were greatly improved.And one that had BIll go with her decided she wanted to do it by herself .She even went in the race with other 8year old girls.They will have some sore bodies today.
My eating has not been good and does not seem to be improving yet.But I will keep checking in
Really stormy day here today.
Old 07-09-2001, 09:58 AM   #4  
senior chick

Hi everyone,
It's a beautiful day here is FL. And like Sherri, I'm feeling great. I walked 2 miles at 7 AM even tho it was sprinkling rain. The rain didn't last long.
I'm glad other people are trying the wendie plan of mixing up their points. I'm interested in hearing of their weight loss. And everyone posting about it keeps me motivated also.

Eleni...How was your day with your grandson, yesterday?
Yes, I have been visiting the message board on the TOPS web site everyday and it is more confusing than this one. You can't scroll down and read posts like this one, you have to keep going back. I hope that they change it if enough people use it.

Have a good day everyone and keep .

Nita
Old 07-09-2001, 11:53 AM   #5  
Opening a whole new world

good morning, almost afternoon. I'm glad everyone is dong well this morning.
I'm doing good. slowly getting my self straightened out.
taking one day at a time, and going to start something new today. wwplan. Thanks for all the information Sherri, and for the site. I had been there before but didn't look throughly into it.
So here goes. It might take the whole week to get back on schedule, but I'm determined to achieve this goal, sooner or later.
WEIGH-IN TODAY FOR ME. I'll let you all know how I did. Scale so far is showing a loss.

Eleni-thanks for the adivise on Sunday, I did go, and really enjoyed it. We assembled the hitch and bike rack together. I actually go greasy, but it was fun.

I do meeting tonight, and I know I have mentioned it, but I'm nerveous. I also made a low fat brownie, and will be passing out the recipe.

Penny, missing you.
Christie-hope all goes well for you
and all you ladies that I haven't mentioned, I'm thinking of you.
hang in there. we will achieve.
Wendy
Old 07-09-2001, 12:35 PM   #6  

I am planning a visit to the meeting in my area this evening. Lot's of support here, I like that!
Old 07-09-2001, 02:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 330/325/170

Angry Hello again!!

It's good to see so many people posting. When I first started posting here a year ago we didn't have many posters back then. It's good to see all these smiling faces.

I dreaded coming back to work today because I'm already hurting. I think I might call my Doctor later and find out why I'm hurting so bad and if there's anything I can do for it. I don't think Tylenol would help this problem.

Sherri~~ I believe I've got everything ready for Jacob. One good thing about having another boy... I've still got Matthew's baby clothes so I don't have to buy anymore. I'll PM you with my mailing address.

Hello Eleni!!

Nita~~ What part of Florida do you live in? My brother lives at Fort Walton Beach.

Wendy~~ Good luck at weigh in today!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

Sadiegirl~~ Good for you!! Let us know how your meeting goes!!

Better go and get to work.
Old 07-09-2001, 04:39 PM   #8  

Hi everyone!

Just got home from weigh-in and had a 1 1/2 lb. loss! What a relief! A good thing though, I don't feel like pigging out tonight like I usually do! Times must be changing!

Wendy - I would give anything to go to Mackinaw! I sure miss that place! Hubby and I stayed there the summer before we moved here. Have a great time!

Elani - I bet you love being around your grandkids! That is one thing I regret with living so far from home. My kids don't see their grandparents as much as they should. My two-year-old thinks her Nana and Papa live on an airplane! lol We love living over here but I get a bit homesick sometimes. I love the culture and people here though. It's such an awesome opportunity for us.

Sherri - You are so encourging!! I really enjoy everything that you have to say! It keeps me going!

I hope everyone has a great week! Keep chuggin' along! We can do this!!
Old 07-09-2001, 07:33 PM   #9  
A new Mom

Default On Track for another day :)

Hi again everyone!

Thank you for the warm welcome... this really does seem just like my TOPS group in that way. Everyone there is warm and friendly too.

So far I have done really well sticking to my menu, only adding celery sticks and watermelon to it yesterday and today (the celery sticks were this afternoon's snack). I don't feel bad or guilty about it at all though -- thanks Sherri.

Tomorrow night is my weigh in and I'm hoping to have a loss, but I've started to exercise this week and so if I didn't lose I won't allow myself to get discouraged... I know that sometimes our muscles retain fluid when they first start getting exercised. Hubby and I have been walking every morning and this morning I visited the gym with a friend and did a 45 minute water aerobics class. I enjoyed it, just have to figure out if I can afford to join. Blah... exercising should be free.

I hope you are all doing well today too.

Lara
Old 07-09-2001, 07:52 PM   #10  

Attended my first TOPS meeting tonight. I felt very welcome and think I will enjoy the support of the meetings and the message boards. Thanks for the warm welcome!
Old 07-09-2001, 10:36 PM   #11  
Working My Way Happy!

Sadiegirl,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your meeting tonight. Glad to hear that you will be going back. Remember we are here for you as well.

Lara,

I am sure you will have a loss tomorrow night. That is great that you are exercising. I used to do the aqua aerobics as well. I really liked it. But the only problem is that the closest class is 30 min away and it isn't convenient for me to go. Before I was working up there so it was no problem to go after work. I didn't have my daughter at the time either.LOL
Keep up the great work and see it doesn't hurt to have a snack during the day. You are having healthy snacks so don't worry about it.

Shelly,

Way to goal with that 1 1/2 lb loss. That is great. You should feel so good about yourself. I know I am proud of you. You worked hard for it this week. See all your efforts paid off. Keep up the great work. You are on your way to goal. Don't change your plan whatever you do. Stick with what works. I found out the hard way. I ended up gaining back a lot because I didn't stick with what works. If you have a bad week here and there and have a gain oh well. Stick with it you will have a loss the following week. Keep up the great work.

Stephanie,

Do call the doctor right away. You don't want to put yourself or the little one in any danger by keep going. Maybe he will take you out of work altogether. You never know. Let us know how you are doing. That is great that you have all the stuff from your first baby. That is a huge savings for you.

Take care and get some much needed rest and keep us informed.

Wendy,

Glad to hear that things are getting settled for you. I hope the WW plan works for you as well. I know it works for a lot of people but it doesn't work for everyone. I am sure it will work good for you as well. Remember if you have any questions just dial me up and I will help you out. Don't hesitate to ask. I am here for you. I am glad I could be of help. How is work going? Are you getting back into a routine there?

Nita,

What is your points range for the day? Are you doing the new plan or the 123 plan? I am doing the 123 plan because that is what I know and that is what I have the info for. It worked before so it should work again. Keep up the great work. I know you have stayed on plan all week. You should have a great loss this week.

Eleni,

Hi there girl. You need to put on a smile and stop worrying so much. Like you said this doesn't have to be so hard. I think you are putting way too much pressure on yourself. If you have to why not take a few days off altogether to gather yourself and then start over. Sometimes that is all it takes. You know the weather has a lot to do with our moods as well. It was a rainy and miserable day down there today. So of course you aren't going to feel cheery. You probably felt like sleeping all day. You have lot on your mind right now and it shows in your eating. You said you aren't doing well there. Well take time for you and you will automatically do better without thinking about it. We shouldn't have to think about this and force ourselves to do this. It is supposed to be a way of life for us not a misery. I was just like you are now for the past 5 months or so. I am finally just bringing myself around. Hopefully this week will show a loss. If not I will keep trying.

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU FOR NOT GIVING UP. KEEP COMING HERE EVERY DAY EVEN IF YOU ARE OFF PLAN. WE ARE HERE FOR YOU IN THE GOOD AND BAD. JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE OFF PLAN NOW DOESN'T MAKE YOU A TERRIBLE PERSON. IT MAKES YOU HUMAN.

WE ALL LOVE YOU AND WANT YOU TO SUCCEED. THAT IS WHY WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU FOR NOT THROWING IN THE TOWEL AND GIVING UP COMPLETELY. PLUS WE WOULDN'T ALLOW THAT ANYWAY.!

I had a good day. But I was high on the points. I was at the max. 27 but at least I didn't go over. But I did exercise for 30 min doing and aerobic workout the whole time so you have to add pts for that. So I still did good. I was high because I had a cheeseburger and only 1/2 a small fry from mcdonalds for lunch. But tomorrow I will be low on pts because I will have roast pork for dinner which is very low in pts and I won't have the butter on the potatoes either. I am happy with my plan so far this week. I have not had the same amount of pts each day which is good. I want to try and have a different number every day. Which is basically the wendi plan. So we will see at weigh in how I did. But even if I have another gain I will still stick with my plan. I know it works I just have to give it time to start working again.

Have a great night everyone. And let us know how you did with your programs you had to do ladies and how the weigh in went.

Sherri
Old 07-10-2001, 02:38 AM   #12  

Default D-Day

Hi Ladies,

Tomorrow is D day..Duh day I weigh...I have no idea weither I will be depositing or withdrawing but I can hope.

Welcome Sadiegirl to TOPS.We are happy to have you aboard.
Everyone else have a good day tomorrow and I shall return.

Your Pal
CBabe
Old 07-10-2001, 07:37 AM   #13  

Good Luck CBabe. I am sureyou will do well.
I love the support here and will enjoy the group that I am attending. The support here is phenomenal. These boards are active and that is important. I follow thye exchange plan and do well with that.
Closed Thread