Old 11-30-2005, 12:04 PM   #1  
Debbie

Default I'm new here

Hi everyone... I'm new to 3 fat chicks and I'm currently thinking about joining TOPS... I used to go to weight watchers way back (1993) when they had the food exchange plan. I loved it, worked well for me. Then I tried them again when they came out with the points plan. That did not work so well. i guess I need more structure. Can anyone tell me more about TOPS. Is it a food exchange plan? There are 2 meetings in my city, so no problem there. And from your previous posts, I noticed they are way more reasonable than WW.

Appreciate any info you can share..
dubee3822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 01:02 PM   #2  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Red face TOPs is a Great Support Group

Hi and Welcome

I have been a TOPs member (on and off, but mostly on), for about 7 years now. Our group has about 30 active members and I have found it to be very supportive and helpful to keep me on track. They don't have you stick to any specific diet, however, they do promote an exchange dieting system in their TOPs Book (buying the book is optional). For me, the discipline of weighing in every week keeps me honest and accoutable for my eating. There are also incentives to earn small prizes such as a charm bracelet and charms, pins etc. When you reach your goal (which must be set with you Dr.s input), you become a KOPs (Keep Off Pounds Sensibly) member and wiegh in less often and attend dues-free. You should probably check out the TOPs webpage. (TOPS.org) I think. So welcome, post lots. We are a friendly group here.

Lyn
lynard21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 01:14 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Hello,
I wanted to welcome you to the board. It looks like Lyn has given you the scoop on TOPS and also directed you in a good direction.

Hope to see you on the boards. Let us know how you liked your TOPS meeting.
Susie
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 08:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3

( I love the marque) just wanted to add my welcome... Hope you do join Tops... we have a lot of fun.....the support is great... keep us posted on how your doing... India
Indiacatz is offline   Reply With Quote