Old 11-09-2005, 09:32 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default What are you doing for you Wednesday

Hello,
The interview went well and I'm very interested in the position and I hope they make me an offer. I feel that they are strongly considering me.

I had a small food victory yesterday. I went into the break room and there were some peanut butter cookies left from a meeting. I love peanut butter cookies. It was about 4:30 p.m. I had my lunch at 12:00. I was hungry. I knew that my dinner would be a late night dinner due to Pilates class (I can't eat anything heavy before that class and usually wait until it's over to eat). I had one cookie; I thought about having two, but told myself that one would take the edge off and it would taste so good because I needed to savor it, it was all I was allowing myself. I feel this is a victory because I ate it AND stayed in control.

I haven't journaled my food, thoughts, or exercise in a few days. I need to sit down today and make that a priority today.

That's what I'm going to do for myself today. What about you?

Susie
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 09:55 AM   #2  
Opulent

Congrats on both the interview going welland on creating a LIVABLE plan (not a diet) that makes allowances for things like a cookie here and there (not 4 or 5 cookies ).

I have my TOPS weigh-in today. I'll post back after that but I know I have lost and today that means I get to pick a prize from the bin bceause when you lose 2 weeks in a row, you get a prize (I have had my eye on a calendar for next year...it's going to be my "loss and gain" calendar where I record my triumphs and my BIG weight losses ).

I have been trying for WEEKS to get my body fat tested at the gym. I keep calling and leaving messages and also showing up but the trainer who does it is never available I am going to call right now and hope I catch her, because I want to know just how far I have come when I get to my goal weight and fat percentage!

Best of luck to all today and see ya later
Yogini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 12:26 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Yogini,
Looking forward to hearing what that new calander you are getting as a prize today looks like!

Did you get an appt for the body fat test?

Susie
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 05:03 PM   #4  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Default Wednesday Thouhgts

Ahh Wednesday. I always feel cheered a bit when it's Wed afternoon and I know I'm halfway done with the work week. Not that I don't like my work, it's just that now that I'm closer to retirement I'm anxious to do something different in my life. My sister, for instance, has moved with her family to China where they are teaching English at an American Univeristy. This was after her husband retired from his job running a tennis resort. I'm anxious for a new adventure!

As far as my eating and exercise, I am continuing to journal my foods and exercise in "Fitday". Today I did 2 circuits on the wieghts and 20 minutes of aerobics. I feel good. Our TOPs chapter had a horrific weigh -in on Monday (all had gains except for 2) and we are having a special challenge this week to get motivated. Anyone who gains has to put $1 in a pot and the person who loses the most gets the pot. I'm determined to lose.

It's been pouring here all day. Thunder and lightening too!! Very unusual for upstate NY. Wounldn't you know I decided to wear my new leather jacket this morning.

Well, time to go out in the rain and head through the flooded roads to home.

Have a good rest-of-week everyone.
lynard21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 09:17 PM   #5  
Opulent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyChoice2bfit
Yogini,
Looking forward to hearing what that new calander you are getting as a prize today looks like!

Did you get an appt for the body fat test?

Susie

Well, I lost another 5 POUNDS and got the Monet Calendar!

I also went in to get my body fat measured and the woman who did it went over the calculations *three* times and each time she did, it showed that I had 21% body fat Well, I would LOVE it if that were true, but we both agreed that could not be the case She said that the 15 minute treadmill walk/jog I had could have altered the caliper testing I have an appointment next Wednesday to do it again. We'll see what happens

Lynard, what exciting travels your family takes! What do you have in mind for yourself? How exciting to be close to retiring and have so many options for your future

We have a similar incentive going at my TOPS meeting, but it's 10 CENTS not $1 As I've said, it's a bunch of sweet ol' Ladies and 10 cents is thier speed.
Yogini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 07:57 AM   #6  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Susie- Hope you get that job Keep us informed.....Oh and way to go on that victory

Yogini- 5 pounds!!!!!!! I just know that that new calender will be full of success

Lyn- I am rooting for you to win that money How long do you have before retirement??
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 08:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3

I wont gain this week... lol... I bet there wont be any significant gains.... we all felt so ashamed.... we have been looking for another contest to interest us and I have found several, I think a game keeps us all going.....well have a wonderful day... and its not raining here today!!!
Indiacatz is offline   Reply With Quote