Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 01:50 AM   #1  
On the right path

Red face Monday, Monday.....

Hi Ladies,

First off, thank you for all your thoughts and prayers for my dd. She is getting better...slowly, but surely. She started to give us half smiles yesterday, even though her eyes are still back in her head, so that is a real positive sign. She still has her low grade temps and the coughs are getting stronger. Yea!!!

Oh, I just got word that TOPS is hosting a 7 day cruise Oct 18 - 26 taking off from Tampa! I'll go back to my email and find the site and post it for those that might be interested. I requested a brochure. Gee, that would be a wonderful getaway!

I am doing better with my eating....still nervous....but better. Wonder why???? Now I just have to move the body more. That is becoming a major downfall. Think I'll brave the bike later today and see how my knee does.

Hope everyone survived the weekend and were able to stay on, or close to plan. I must run..........I hear someone........

TOPS {{{{{HUGS}}}}}
Summer
Old 03-10-2003, 01:55 AM   #2  
On the right path

For TOPS Cruise info: www.globetrottermgmt.com/tops/cruise/index.html

Gee, wouldn't that be a fun place to meet!
Old 03-10-2003, 05:01 AM   #3  
Mother Hen

I don't do cruises as I get sea sick. Bad for a deep sea fishermans daughter. But I sure can be at dock to meet anyone that goes out on boat. I live 30 minutes from Tampa and work in Tampa.
Weekend went by too quick. I fell and busted my butt. Luckily I didn't break anything.Just a sore backside and lower back hurts some. Bad when you are sitting in a chair and fall out of it.
Time for work. Have a good day
Old 03-10-2003, 07:59 AM   #4  
Count down to Summer

Summer, glad your daughter is still gettting better. Now you can focus a bit more on yourself again. Glad to hear your eating went well.

Eleni, I hope you are OK. That must hurt. I hate it when things like that happen.

Well there are 11 more days to spring. Hard to believe when it is -26C here and we are freezing today. I am off this week with the kiddies. The youngest is getting over her sinus infection. Now hopefully she will sleep through the night. She was up yelling for me about 12:30am but I ignored her and she went back to sleep on her own. Hopefully this week she will get in the habit of falling back to sleep on her own. At least I don't have to go to work if she wakes me.

Do OK with the eating this weekend. I weigh in tomorrow. I was looking at the Sear catalogue and all the skimpy tops, dresses and shorts. It will be here soon. Need to get moving more.

Have a good day. Don't know how much I will get to post this week.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:24 AM   #5  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Hi, I am new to board but thought I would start posting right away on the daily thread.

I have decided to give TOPS a try. there is a wed morning meeting near me so I thought this Wed I would go. I hope I like it since it is the only day one around me. I was going to ww but I was following the exchange plan instead of the points so I figured why not try TOPS since it is cheaper and more people follow the exchange diet.

I am alittle scared since I don;t know what to expect the first meeting.

well everyone have a good day

bev
Old 03-10-2003, 02:58 PM   #6  

Hello everyone! I have been away sick for almost a week, and just caught up with the postings. Missed a few birthdays, so here goes...

TO YOU, MICKEY AND TO YOU, ELENI! I hope your days were great and that you enjoyed celebrating them. It's a good thing to be celebrating a birthday...after all, what is the alternative!!!!

Summer, glad to hear your daughter is getting better. You are a great MOM.

Congratulations to all who are new executive this year in their TOPS chapters. We are having quite a change this year (only the treasurer remained) but that might be a good thing to have happen. Most new executive are enthusiastic and sometimes that helps them lose even better or more than usual. And I was ready for a break. Maybe that will help me lose.

Nita - I read about your BIL missing last week. Hope everything is better with you now that he is found. I can relate to sleepless nights. Stress can keep me awake for hours on end, or wake me up every ten or 15 minutes all night long, or wake me up from a deep sleep with my heart pounding in terror. I have learned over the years when this starts happening to me that stress is usually the culprit. It is absolutely amazing how much stress can affect you - if you don't deal with it in the day, it will haunt you at night!!

Sherri - how are you doing today. When I first started reading this board, you were one of the people whose postings encouraged me the most. You have such a positive attitude and a helping spirit. Keep at it and you will get there!

Wendy - take that amount you have to lose and divide it. Work on losing 10% of that amount at a time and you will be able to post your successes. If I recall correctly, you react well to contests, and as the new leader in your chapter, you can make sure contests are going on all the time!!

Bev - welcome to the boards. Hope you join your local chapter of TOPS and then come here as well for daily support.

to everyone and a to all of last week's losers!
Old 03-10-2003, 09:07 PM   #7  
Working My Way Happy!

Hi ladies,

Summer,

Glad to hear your daughter is doing better. I haven't been here much and didn't realize she was sick again. You know just what to do to get her better. You are a great mom.
The cruise sounds great except I don't see where it includes the airfare. When I went on the carnival cruise the airfare and the taxes and all were included for 898.00. For a 7 week cruise. Wendy and I have been talking about a cruise and would love to go on one together. How about you girl are you game. We would have to save our pennies though.LOL
Glad to see your eating is doing better. When you start out start out slow. How about that pilates tape I sent you. That shouldn't stress your knee too bad should it? I hope you can get in some exercise. Look into that brace I was telling you about to hold your knee in place while you workout. You will feel better when you have it on so you aren't as likely to mess it up again while working out. Or do floor exercises. Just get moving in any way you can girl. And forget the carbs and drink your water. You are back on track and doing great.

Eleni,

Did you have a great birthday saturday. I tried to call you and left you a message did you get it? I was thinking about you and your warm weather down there. I am about ready to come move in with you and bill.LOL
How are you feeling today? Are you all black and blue? How did you fall out of a chair?LOL That sounds like something I would do.
Did you get your new computer yet? I know it was to be here around your birthday.

Linlin,

I feel like you do. Like summer is coming too fast and I have to get my butt moving. Are you having fun on your vacation so far? Did you get to take a nap today after being up most of the night? Is she feeling better?
That is great that you did good over the weekend with your plan. Usually the weekends are my worst time. I am out of routine and it makes it hard to stick to my plan. You are doing great and you have a great attitude keep it up and enjoy the kids this week.

Bev,

Welcome to the boards it is a pleasure to have you. We try and post as often as we can. Sometimes we just get busy and can't post but it doesn't mean we aren't thinking of everyone here. We are like one big extended family here caring for everyone on the boards.
There is nothing to be nervous about your first meeting. Hopefully it is a nice group of people. Remember there are always ones that go for the social part of it and others that are very dedicated. You have to make the group work for you. I did the WW plan myself while in tops. You can do any plan you want. That is what is so great about the group. It is a support group for you. They don't tell you what you have to do or what plan to go by. It is up to you and your doctor.
You will do fine. When is your first meeting? Let us know how it went. Feel free to join us here anytime you want.

Liz,

Thanks for the good words. It takes a lot of great people to be here on the boards and I think of them all as my friends. You are very supportive yourself girl.
Are you feeling better? What did you have the Flu?
You have a great idea for wendy to just lose 10% of the weight at a time. She is doing great overall.
You are doing great to. Keep up the great work.

Wendy,

How did today go? Did you get your nap yesterday? Are you feeling better today? I hope so. How did weigh in go tonight let us know?

Christie and Penny how are you guys doing? Penny how is the little one doing and yourself. Miss you girl.

As for me I stuck to my plan like glue today. It is the first time in long time that I actually counted points today. I realized I have been eating too much. But with all the exercise it was evening out. But since I didn't do any hard workouts last week that is why I gained. So I am going to keep writing down what I eat and keep to my points. Then I should start to lose again.
Summer I felt like you this morning when I got on the scale and it was up 5 lbs. I almost died. All that hard work and for the scale to be back up that much. I hadn't been on the scale so I didn't realize what I was doing. I hopefully have it back under control again. I won't have a loss this week but hopefully I will next week.

Have a great day everyone have to go write in my journal then get to bed.

Sherri
Old 03-11-2003, 09:26 AM   #8  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

I my first meeting is wed morning. I am hoping I like it becasue it is the only morning class around and it is in a different town. My town only has one at night and with a husband that works crazy hours and two small kids I can only go in the day. I am hoping that in the summer they will let me bring the kids to weigh in and leave. I can understand them not wanted the kids at meeting but weighing should be ok. My problem is my husband works everyother wed in the summer. Hopefully it will work out for me.
Old 03-12-2003, 09:55 AM   #9  

Hey Bev! I saw your post over here. I don't know if you knew I was in Tops to. Anyway I just wanted to tell you that you should check with your chapter on your policy on kids. At my meetings two ladies bring there daughters and I have brought my son twice. The older ladies really enjoy him. Of course these our kids that our old enough to sit there and color or something. I would not bring my 2 year old. She would be all over the place. So you may be able to bring your kids. I would check with them. Maybe some of the other ladies have an opinion on this but that is what I have found. Good Luck!
Beth
Closed Thread