Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2002, 03:50 PM   #1  

Default how is tops different form weight watchers?

Besides the fact that tops doesnt have a specific diet plan?
Are the meetings similar? I was thinking of trying out a tops meeting tonight. I have about 25 pounds to lose. Would I fit in there?
Old 09-26-2002, 09:32 PM   #2  
senior chick

TOPS is a 'not for profit' organization and has more of a club atmosphere. They have weigh-ins, role call, incentives, contests, and we always have a program. The programs are motivational, educational, about health issues, etc. You can visit for one meeting and then decide if you want to join. I definitely think that you should attend a meeting to see if you like it. I really like our TOPS chapter. They are a great group of people.

Nita

Last edited by FLgal; 10-05-2002 at 07:39 PM.
Old 09-27-2002, 04:55 AM   #3  
Mother Hen

Go to a meeting. The first meeting is free. You can see for yourself how you like it
Old 09-29-2002, 01:25 PM   #4  

First of all, the MONEY is very different. I know with WW it was something like $25 to join in Canada and $13 a week. In my chapter, it is $25 to join (an admistrative type fee that also sends the magazine to your door) and only $2 a week. Each chapter has a different cost but it is MUCH cheaper than WW for one. They don't endorse products down your throat! (that would happen at my WW meetings). I find my TOPS group to be a much closer knit personal group than my ww experience. I knew no one's names at WW other than my leader. I find TOPS is like Cheers -- a place where everybody knows your name

Stef
Old 10-01-2002, 09:35 PM   #5  

Smile

As all of the others said, TOPS is a great group. Go to a chapter meeting and then decide. You don't have to be a TOPS Member to post here, though. Even if you don't join TOPS, you are welcome to post here.
Old 10-05-2002, 07:12 PM   #6  

I am a lifetime member of WW and I enjoy TOPS much more. I count calories - everyone does their own diet. Some are on the WW plan. It's a fun group and the meetings go fast.
Try it - you'll like it.
Closed Thread