Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2002, 09:34 AM   #1  
'Per Ardua ad Astra'

Default Treadmill Buddies Unite!

Ok, never started an exercise thread but here goes.

I am currently Kickboxing on Wed, Pilates 3 times a week and strength training 2 or 3 times a week. The kickboxing is very aerobic intensive so I would like to get in about 2 1/2 to 3 hours of treadmill time. Ideally Mon Tues and Thurs. and possibly Fri.
Weekends are nuts at my house so I can't count on any time for exercise then.

So I will update this as I follow thru.

Mon 22 minutes
Tues45 minutes Yay! no interuptions!
Thursplayed hookie
Fri.45 minutes

Mickey, Kermie and anyone else who would like to, join me please!!!

CC

Last edited by flatlander; 01-25-2002 at 11:57 PM.
Old 01-21-2002, 09:58 AM   #2  

Default Good Morning

Good Morning Everybody
Hope everyone had a good weekend.
I start the WW points diet today. For breakfast had a wheat bagel and a cup of swiss mocha coffee. A total of 6 points. Now just to make it through the rest of the day. I was thinking of having a steak salad for supper. Minus the fries. I have some very lean chipped steak. So thought I would use that.

About the treadmill challenge. Are you wanting to do 2 1/2 to 3 hrs a week? I'm not sure if I can do that much or not. It will depend on how bad my knee hurts. I have arthritis and some bone on bone in there. My treadmill is on a slight incline all the time. I can't change it. So I may be lucky to get 20 minutes a day. Will that be alright? Then again I may only be able to do it every other day. But this sounds like fun. I know in the spring I did a thing. Walk 100 miles in 100 days. I usually walked 2 miles a day. But I walked outside. And were I was walking was level and had a couple of small hills. But it didn't bother me too much. Because I wasn't walking up hill all the time.

Again I want to Thank all you girls that have been answering my messages. They sure do help. I wish I had done this sooner. I would read the messages. But never replied. Hope everyone has a good day. Take care!!
A TOPS PAL
Old 01-21-2002, 10:04 AM   #3  
'Per Ardua ad Astra'

No, No!

You do what you can do, any little bit helps! If you do 20 min a week I will be here to cheer you on!! Take it one step at a time, studies have shown that small bits of exercise like 5 and 10 minutes of exercise are not as effective as sustained exercise but they can contribute substantial benefits to overall health. So do what you can coco! When I started I could barely climb the stairs!
What ever you can do is the perfect amount!

PS, You go girl!
CC

Last edited by flatlander; 01-21-2002 at 10:09 AM.
Old 01-21-2002, 01:17 PM   #4  
On the right path

Smile

We used to run a 'weekly goal' thread....and a lot of us would put on an exercise. I don't have a tread mill [wish I did], but I can ride my stationary bike. I REALLY need to do this. Will let all know how it goes......

Summer

Monday 1/21 - rode 5 miles, just under 25 minutes. Plus did another 3 miles [15 minutes] an hour later
Tuesday 1/22 - rode only 3 miles [15 minutes] but I'm lucky I was able to get that in.
Wed 1/23 - rode 5 mi [24 min] ....so far so good...
Thurs 1/24 - None
Fri 1/25 - 5.3 mi in 25 min....felt good! Did 1 more mile after posting on Todays thread!! 6.3 total .. WOO-HOO!!

Last edited by summer8386; 01-25-2002 at 09:09 PM.
Old 01-21-2002, 01:57 PM   #5  
donna p

I'm here too..... I am going to try and treadmill for at least 5 min every day this week except on wednesday when I go to yoga

Old 01-21-2002, 04:25 PM   #6  

Question

Hi
I hope it is alright to post again. I have a question about the points. For lunch/supper I fixed a steak salad. Here is what points I came up with. I was just wondering if these were right. Seemed low in Cals
Salad made up of Lettuce, Raddish,Carrotts,and Cauliflower.=0points
1/4 cup Mozz cheese =2 points
4 Tablespoons fat free croutons=2 points
Steak 5 oz. Very lean and cooked on George Foreman grill=7 points
Salad Dressing 6 Tablespoons Ranch. Used Just 2 Good =3 points. The salad dressing is 2tablespoon serving is 40 Cal. 2 grams fat and 0 fiber.
So I hope I figured this right. I did ride my excerise bike 2 miles today. Not much. Well get on the treadmill in the AM. Thanks!!
A TOPS PAL
Old 01-21-2002, 04:32 PM   #7  

hey everyone - i haven't forgotten you. my weekend went so so. i'm into football and it's hard sitting through all these playoffs and not eating constantly. but did it mindfully and slowly. tonight is weigh in so i'll see how i did pacing myself.

faith
Old 01-21-2002, 11:41 PM   #8  

Count me in! I have had a bad food day, but I did get on the treadmill for about 30 minutes this AM and about 20 tonight.

My exercise goal is to get on the treadmill each day! I can't go outside to walk right now because of allergies.

Will check in each day and report. That will keep me going!

See you tomorrow,

Mickey

1/25/02---I have played hookey for a couple of days. Have not felt well and just didn't do it. But I am on the mend (I hope) so will try to start again tomorrow.

Last edited by Mickey; 01-26-2002 at 01:52 AM.
Old 01-25-2002, 08:25 PM   #9  
On the right path

Just bringing up. This is helping tremendously to keep me on track with the activity. How is everyone else doing who said they wanted to join in? Remember, we all care about each other...... "Through Thick or Thin"!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Vibes.....ooh, feel that shaking???}}}}}}}}}}}}
Closed Thread