Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2001, 10:05 AM   #1  
'Per Ardua ad Astra'

Default Masterful Monday!

Why Masterful Monday?

Because we are masters of our own bodies and WE CAN DO THIS!
Masterful {{{{{{{{{{{{{vibes}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} to one and all!!

Hope everybody had a good weekend, how did you all fare at wiegh in? Looks like I will have lost about 2lbs this week. That will be 22 losses in a row for me. (YAY!) I was kinda paranoid 'cause I got my 13th 5lb bead last week, and I really didn't want that to be a jinx. So with the exception of some german gingerbread I have been a very good girl! ( Are you listening, Santa?)

Did any of you see Christie's Story? It was a documentary on a woman who had the bypass surgery. Very interesting perspective on the procedure, and what it can and can't do for you. Also ties in with the masterful theme. It confirmed something I have suspected for a loooooooong time. For some of us weight is not the only issue, ( me especially) food is a form of self administered medication, and our excess pounds form a protective coating of sorts. If you get the chance, watch it.

Ok, lets tame our thighs!

I posted an Exercise challange on Friday but the upgrade seems to have eaten it.

So here it is again,

Inner Thigh Sweep

Stand near a chair for balance, with your feet shoulder-width apart. Place one hand on top of the chair. (The seat of the chair is facing away from you so it is not in the way.) The leg closest to the chair remains stable throughout the set. Flexing your inner thigh muscles as you go, and pointing your foot slightly upward, making your heel brush the ground, “sweep” your leg forward in a diagonal motion until your heel passes the toes of your stable leg by an inch or two. In full control, return to the start position, feeling the stretch in your inner thigh muscles. Repeat the movement 15-25 times. Perform a second set for your other leg. Rest 15 seconds and repeat two more times.

(from Joyce Vedrals website)

Thighs are my problem area, and this is working nicely on me. Try it and let me know what you think.

I also posted the program I did last week at TOPS, Surviving the Holidays, but it didn't survive the upgrade! LOL

Have a GRRRRRRRREAT DAY!

CC

Last edited by flatlander; 12-03-2001 at 12:04 PM.
Old 12-03-2001, 10:44 AM   #2  

Morning Everyone,

Well it is Monday and time to get back on track.

I had the most rotten weekend, nothing seemed to go right. so of course there went my food plan out the window. Now I must get back to normal. I have decided that it doesn't matter what happened over the weekend I need to readjust my mind. I am only hurting myself by eating things I shouldn't, not someone else.
Old 12-03-2001, 11:53 AM   #3  
'Per Ardua ad Astra'

Bev, you CAN have a Masterful Monday!
Don't beat yourself up for blowing it.
EVERYBODY blows it sometimes.

When I lose it, I ask myself "Why am I doing this?"
In the case of the Gingerbread, it was simple, I had had so no to myself for so long, and it tasted soooooo good, I gave in. But I gave myself permission, and I enjoyed every bite.

After Sept. 11, I walked around crying and eating chicken sandwiches for 2 weeks until I said enough, turned the TV off and
prayed for the survivors and those lost in the attacks. I realized that my eating didn't help me cope, nor did massive chicken consumption do anything for those that I was so upset and worried for. I cracked open my journal and I wrote. I wrote for hours. Believe it or not, that actually worked for me. I realized that I was truly frustrated by my inability to help in any meaninful way, so I was filling that emotional vaccum with food.

I don't know why you had a rotten weekend, but if the eating was not pleasurable, (and really eating should either satisfy hunger or be a source of real, honest pleasure) maybe you could examine "why" you ate vs focusing on "what" you ate, and come up with a coping strategy that will work for you.

Good luck and remember, we are rooting for you!
Cmon, Whoop there it is!
Go Bev,
Go Bev!

Summer, help me out, grab those Pom Poms!

Here are some extra vibes to see you thru
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{vibes}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} }}

CC
Old 12-03-2001, 12:59 PM   #4  

Thanks for the inspiration CC.

I know why I was eating and I was just unable to stop.

I am not going to beat myself up over it, but I have made a promise to myself that if I am in that situation again and end up overeating it won't be by as much.

I don't keep a journal, but do a lot of thinking by myself so can usually come up with the reason why I do things.

Anyway as I said it is Monday and time for a new start.

TAAA - DAAA

Old 12-03-2001, 01:20 PM   #5  
On the right path

Thumbs down

Hello everyone,

OK, CC, here are the pom-poms!! Sorry they haven't physically been shaking but mentally they have been around. You've all been in my thoughts.

I've had no 'oomph' to do anything, not even get on line, and have just been grabbing whatever is handy to eat. Couldn't even bring myself to do any cooking, and unfortunately that has not helped my weight any....plus the laying around. Taking care of my daughter, who also has been sick, has just about done me in. I didn't care about going to TOPS last week and am not sure how things will be in a couple of days.

CC, Love the Masterful Monday!!! I also have felt the effects since Sept 11. I caught the last 20 minutes of Christies Story. It seemed very interesting and I agree that most of us with ongoing weight problems have other underlying, unconscious issues going on. Trying to figure them out has been an ongoing process for me. In answer to your question about my daughter, yes, she is severely disabled and needs total care with everything [except being on a ventilator]. When she gets ill, it basically becomes a race to keep her alive. So, you can see why I am pooped. I love leg exercises and I will be doing your thigh challange.

Bev, Sorry you had a bad weekend, but you know what you need to do and it sounds like you are ready to start the new week off on the right foot.

Eleni, Sounds like you are keeping busy. This year I sent Thanksgiving cards. I felt that we have so much to be thankful for...and I was pleasantly surprised at the reaction to them. Most seemed shocked to receive that type of card, but then expounded on all their feelings. It was really nice. Think I might keep doing that....

Nita, Hope things are going well for you. Thanks for posting yesterday.

Sherri, you're in my thoughts. Hang in there, my dear....

Christie, Have you gotten that pay check yet?? Bet it is nice, especially with all the overtime it sounds like you are doing.

To all our other TOPS pals out there I haven't personnally addressed, let's go forward into December thinking of how we feel about ourselves and remembering that all important 'portion control' when we eat.

Must go and get on with my day. Thanks for keeping those positive {{{{{{{VIBES}}}}}}} going. We all need them....so, here are some more {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{VIBES}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}!!!!

TOPS Hugs,
Summer

Last edited by summer8386; 12-03-2001 at 01:24 PM.
Old 12-03-2001, 03:51 PM   #6  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Talking HEY GUYS!!!!!!!

I AM HERE I AM HERE LOL
I just got off work and had to take some time to catch up!!! Man I have been MIA alot here lately huh? Well guys it isnt because I dont love ya its WORK!!!

I have not done well lately....... well I havent ! and hate to lie to ya, BUT I am back today and doing much better, I cant go to weigh ins this month because of work and gave myself an excuse to eat again, its weird how I do that! And here is the BUT again..... I AM BACK

I am gonna post my menus on here too, it makes me accountable and I know I need to be..

Great job to all of you who are losing!!!!!! and know that here in Missouri someone is thinking and praying for you all.... see ya a little later, got to get dishes started... BIG TOPS HUGS TO EACH OF YOU
Old 12-03-2001, 05:53 PM   #7  
Mother Hen

Have you checked out the new features. You can now put your picture on your profile. I did it. But I don't look like that now as I got the perm this weekend and my hair is longer. I will probably have some pictures taken at christmas and I will change the one I put on my profile. Altho I hate having my picture taken with a passion.
I am trying to get turned around again. Some of you are doing great. You are an inspiration to us slackers.
I talked to Sherri today. She is very tired but doing good.
I worked on Christmas cards at work today. I got a lot done. I will finish them up tomorrow. Would like it if cc,Bev,Mickey would e-mail me with their address so I can send them a card. Nita I need yours too. But i will understand if you don't want to give out your address.
I better go. Hubby is hungry and I need to get supper on table.
I was working on my last tree but it is a pitiful looking thing. I will replace it for next year. There are not enough lights etc to make it look good
Summer, Hope Melissa is feeling better. I know it is really harder on you when she is sick. You are such a loving mother but you make sure you get rest when you can.
I don't keep a food journal but a food chart does help a lot of people. But I do write in a journal everyday. I use to do it once in awhile but Penny got me back doing it. Of course I have a small box with a lock that I keep them in. That way I can talk about anything and not worry about someone reading it. There will be a lot of surprizes for people when I am gone
CC 22 losses in a row is absolutely FANTASTIC. You go girl!!
Old 12-03-2001, 06:26 PM   #8  

Default email address

Eleni,

I don't seem to be able to figure out how to email you.

HELP

Old 12-03-2001, 07:53 PM   #9  
Mother Hen

Bev I got your private message but it is beter if you just e-mail me at home. My e-mail is [email protected] Try to reach me that way OK
I think you can actually click on my address here and it will bring up outlook express.
Old 12-03-2001, 08:44 PM   #10  

Smile

What a wonderful thought! I also had a Masterful Monday! I lost 1 and 1/4 pounds at TOPS. This was over a two week period. I was not able to be there last week because I had a bad cold and decided it was best to stay home and rest.
Old 12-03-2001, 08:49 PM   #11  
Working My Way Happy!

Hi all,

I am here. Sorry I haven't been here in a few days. I just wanted you all to know that my uncle has passed and he is finally in a better place. The wake is going to be wednesday night and the funeral will be on thursday. I am doing okay but I am just exhausted is all. I am going to post then go to bed to try and catch up on some sleep. I am working from home all week this week. I am too drained to go on the road this week.

Anyway,

Eleni,

You make sure you get to that doctors appt.. You will do better just set your mind to it. I am here for you. Thank you for the call today. It is nice knowing that I have such great friends out there for me. Don't look back just start over like you told us. You can do this. Think of that nurse you were telling me about. It is simple to do you just have to do it. That is great that you write in a journal. Are you still doing it? Does it help you out still. You are right can you imagine what people will say when they read those when you are gone. You will be a fly on the wall then.LOL

Christie,

Hey girl I miss you. I hope your job is going well for you. Are you still going to go part time after christmas is over? It would be much better with fewer hours. I do the same thing. If I know I am not going to a meeting I eat more thinking I have more time to make it up. That is the wrong approach. We should be eating everyday thinking that we are doing good for ourselves and not hurting ourselves with our overeating that we do. We are only hurting ourselves when we overindulge like that. I know because I do it all the time then get so mad at myself for it. Today is a new day and like you said you are starting over. That is a start and you will go in the right direction now that you have stopped yourself and know what you are doing. Get some sleep and enjoy your paycheck. You will have a ball shopping this year for christmas.

Summer,

Thank you for the call today as well. You guys are the greatest friends. You are always thinking of me and I am always thinking of you. You get yourself some sleep and rest and you feel better. I hope melissa gets well soon then maybe you can start to take care of you. I know it must be so hard to take care of her when you are so sick yourself. You are truly her angel. Keep up the great work and get your eating under control woman. You won't lose your status I won't let you. Think before you eat. Doing the leg exercises is a start. I am waving the pom pom for you and yelling can you hear me?LOL Go Summer Go summer.

Bev,

Way to go girl. That is the right attitude to have about letting the weekend go and starting fresh today. That is what we all have to do. Until we let the past go we will never go forward. So start over and take control and you will be fine. It is a great thing to be able to find out why you are eating. Sometimes I can figure out why I eat but most of the time I can't find the reason why I eat which doesn't help me out. So that is great you have time to yourself so you can think and put yourself first. Keep going girl.

CC,

I can't say enough about you girl. You are such an inspiration to me to keep going. CONGRATULATIONS ON THE 22 LOSSES IN A ROW. Did you get your kitchen done for your mom's visit? How did it come out anyway? I am sure it looks great. Keep going and I will try your exercise challange. I am so exhausted I am not going to walk this week. I have to get rested up and feel better first. I just have no energy. I lost a lot of sleep this weekend so I have to catch up now.

I am going to go to bed now. I did good with eating today. I am going to bed now so I didn't eat much today which is fine by me. I don't know if I am going to make my meeting this week with the funeral on thursday. It depends on what time I get back from that.

Have a great night everyone.

Keep the vibes going everyone. They are working.

Sherri
Old 12-11-2001, 05:48 PM   #12  

Smile

I had two weeks of losing! I don't know if I'll be weighing-in next week because next Monday is my Dad's birthday. We may be going out to dinner to celebrate it!
Closed Thread