Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2001, 03:14 PM   #16  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I lost 2 pounds! FINALLY! I have been walking 4-5 miles each day and the scale wasn't budging! But I just might win this week! I walked today and went to the pharmacy and then to my moms to tackle an overgrown honeysuckle vine. Then to the bank, grocery shopping and to the gas station. I fed everyone and now I am checking email and gonna play with the baby. I might go to the renassance fair tonight or maybe we can find a sitter and go see a movie and dinner. That would be a pure luxury! aud
Old 10-14-2001, 03:10 PM   #17  

Default YEAAAAAAAAAA AUDRI!

Way to go!

Hope you enjoyed your evening whether it was the fair or a movie and congrats on the 2 pound loss! WOW! 4-5 miles a day is fabulous! How long does it take to walk it?

Karen
Old 10-14-2001, 04:24 PM   #18  
you can call me flower

Karefree-it is about a 18-19 minute mile. I am not worried about speed right now. Just want to keep at a steady pace. I took the day off. Well, not really. We'll walk tonight but not 5 miles like yesterday. Every ten days or so I plan on resetting my step counter back to one. I am giving my hips and calves and feet a rest. How have you been? I think we lost mailwhale...she's been sounding so sad. So MW, if you are lurking, come out and say hi. I had a garden burger for lunch instead of the full fat burger everyone else had. I had a salad at Pistol Pete's last night instead of cardboard pizza. (That was our date-arcade games with the boys) We then bought some new fishes for our small tank. We got a large tank from a friend and the aggressive fish are in there. We wanted a tank of tame nice fish too.

Grif is either sick again or he has allergies. He just got off his medicine 4 days ago. It is so far clear.(nose gunk) I am wondering if the puppy is making his nose run. He plays with her for hours. Or is it the cats? Maybe just the weather???? I had sick babies. I get no sleep when they are sick! ~aud
Old 10-15-2001, 01:31 PM   #19  

Hello...

Sorry, not really lurking, not really on line much though and not making much progress. Yes, I keep walking, but keep eating too...

Good for you with the 2 lbs Aud!!!!!

Karefree and I are gonna join you soon, as soon as I finish this cookie

Okay, hey Audri, I don't know how you do it...seem so busy! Time is a big luxury for me right now, but all I mostly do is waste it! Actually, my house is in pretty good shape, semi-tidy, semi-clean. Good enough that I don't feel totally embarassed when someone comes over, but there is always more to do. Getting rid of stuff has helped. a hint from heloise was to get rid of 5 things every day. 5 things out of the fridge, 5 junky coffee mugs that just make that cupboard too crowed, 5 old pairs of shoes, 5 toys out of each of the kids rooms... Each room slowly gets more managable that way, over time it really helps, and it is a pretty painless way of getting rid of stuff cause I'm not making decsisions on everything at once.... 5 old pairs of baggy undies???? next!
Old 10-15-2001, 06:10 PM   #20  
you can call me flower

5 things a day...hum, that sounds good. Can children be one day? JK

My house is a disaster. Some things do get on pause when I decide to excersice. I have been walking to and from work and that doesn't take much more time than driving. Although, I only had 2 hours of sleep last night, so no big walk day for me. I am hoping Grif's medicine will help him sleep through the night!

I read this Woman's Day article about how dangerous an apple shape body is. I think that is what is keeping me on track. I do not want a heart attack. I have like 7/10 warning signs. Scary. So, My first goal is to get in the 160's so I am not obese any more. I need to get my waist under 35". It is at 40 now. I want to be able to walk 5 miles without a break. And I want to be in the misses section of the store. My stretch jeans were way tight in the waist today. They were baggy the last time I wore them. I don't know if that was last winter or the winter before that. But I was uncomfortable all day! I will start my crunches again! ~audri
Old 10-16-2001, 02:45 PM   #21  

Default Hey, gals!

We are all in such different places....

Audri is losing...which is good!
MW is eating a cookie and...
I hate to admit it but I just licked peanut butter off of my finger. How gross is that?

Hope Griffin is feeling better soon. It is rough to have a sick baby and no sleep. They go together though.

Later
Karen
Old 10-17-2001, 09:55 AM   #22  
you can call me flower

I started taking dieting/excersice seriously on Oct 3rd. I read a "mouse in the house" journal. (You can find it on the front page of this site under other dieters.) She challenged her readers to set a goal and stick with it for the month of Oct. In 14 days, I have lost 4 pounds! I vowed 8 gone in the 4 weeks. Only 4 to go! I also vowed walking each day of Oct more steps than the day before. Which I have done except, my planned resets. Only used one so far. I am so happy! The mayo clinic's food pyramid is working so much better for me! It is forsing me to eat fruits and veggies. I had forgotton I liked them! Aud
Old 10-17-2001, 04:05 PM   #23  

Hi ladies, I'm still around. Sorry I haven't been posting.

Audri, great job on losing 4 pounds, keep up the good work. How is the puppy doing? Hope the baby is feeling better & your older son is doing good.

Karefree, I miss the walking chart also. It really kept me moving. I think of Itsworthit whenever I walk, she was a big help getting me walking. I pray for her & her husband. Hopefully we will hear from her soon.

Mailwhale, throwing out 5 things at a time sounds like a good idea, wish I had started doing that a long time ago. My daughter is moving back home so they can save money for a downpayment on a house & we let her have the bigger room upstairs. Only thing it was the room where I had my treadmill & workout things, plus all kinds of junk. So I ended up getting rid of quite a bit of it and am still trying to get rid of stuff that we never use around here.

I started using my treadmill and doing crunches this week. I have really been slacking for a long time, hopefully I keep it up now.

Take care & I will check in more often.
Old 10-17-2001, 06:26 PM   #24  

Default Welcome back Sandy!

I wish more of the former cc'ers posted here. I would love to hear from so many of them. I also hope to hear from Itsworthit. I think of them often and hope all is going well for them both.

Audri, I am SOOOOOOOO proud of you! Weigh to go! Who was it that used to say that? Was it MW?

Just walked a mile with Jesse. I guess one is better than none, huh?

Have started on the Christmas shopping. Have a cd player in hiding for Jesse and some clothes for the both of them.

I did a test drive and have a $50 b
Old 10-17-2001, 08:04 PM   #25  

Ya, it was me....and.... Weigh to go Audri!!!

Oh gee, well, I actually had a good day yesterday food wise, and have been okay today. I think it was also in Womens Day that I read that losing 13 pounds would take 65 pounds of pressure off my knees and keep them from becoming more arthritic. You'ld think that or any number of other pieces of motivation would keep me going...I keep hoping. But gotta do more than hope!

I am such a good exerciser....really even when I wasn't doing my big time daily walks last winter when I had the foot problems, I still walked enough that when I was able to start again it was easy. I can even still jog a couple miles a day or two a week. so, that really tells you what a pig I've been that I've not lost weight. I've been walking at least 20 miles a week since school started in September and some extra stuff too...cardioglide, arms, abs... but eat, eat, eat. My friend that I walk with was saying how she is 138 and wants to lose 20, and I kinda made a "I wish" kinda comment...then she started in with the "you don't understand, it's so hard for me thing.... and I just lost it with her- kinda yelled that I do understand and it is just as hard for me or someone with 300 more to lose or an anorexic trying to get healthy, it is hard for all of us who are not happy with our bodies and torture ourselves with this day in and day out. Well, I did appologise, and I think she forgave me my outburst although I don't think she really "got" what I was trying to say.

Anywho, I just must commit for the long haul, do this for me, fight the good fight, take control, quit cheating, quit whining and just do it. Dont' need a new month, week or morning. I just need to like myself enough to treat myself right. And I deserve it (flips hair in slow motion )
Old 10-18-2001, 10:00 AM   #26  
you can call me flower

Good morning! I am eatting warm oatmeal. Now why don't I have it more often? It is good. I say the same thing about salads. I had a can of tomato soup made with water last night. I forgot how much I liked that too. I don't have to survive on sugar alone!

Mailwhale-you sould much better. I want to get to my first mini goal of 169 by Xmas. Then I won't be labeled obese on the weight charts! You could do 13 pounds by that day! Think of 85 pounds of pressure gone my the holiday! What a wonderful gift that would be!

Karefree, a mile is a mile! I did only 1.33 miles last night. The boys have been walking with me after dinner. It is so dark it is nice to have the company. I am hoping to get in an hour walk when I get off work today. Hopefully Chris won't need to go in early.

Sandy-so glad you posted! ~audri
Old 10-18-2001, 11:06 AM   #27  

Default Hey, girls....

It is so nice to read so many new posts!

I got interrupted on my last one because my son came in and I didn't want him to read the Christmas stuff. LOL! I have already lost 2 Christmas gifts to nosey recipients!

I did want to tell ya'll about the test drives though. If anyone is interested go to Funtasia.com and on the left hand side of the page click onto 'test drives'. I did the 50$ boarders and already have the card. It ends the end of the month. Didn't even have to take the drive.....Paul did the 50$ CDNOW gift certificate. If it comes before Christmas it will help with some gifts....Or,we could be selfish and use the $ for motivational items of US! Diet books at borders or motivational tapes to listen to while exercising!

MailWhale, you are doing so good. You have half the battle won. The exercise is one of the hardest parts for me....Well, they are equally hard. Diet and exercise! LOL! I know what you mean....Some people who have never really faced having to lose ALOT of pounds don't understand that some of us have to fight 3 battles (or more) to get to where they are starting at. Some people just never will understand exactly how hard it is....Oh, well....
I think you are so right. We have to believe we deserve to be good to ourselves in order for us to do it.

Audri, keep up the attitude. I keep wanting to go to read your on line journal. I think I might find some inspiration there but I can't get everything done computer wise and I seem to put that off until everything else is done. Maybe I'll get there soon....You sound so oriented and on track!

Hoping to get in another walk today. Keep posting girls....I feel a good turn coming our way....Hope it isn't wishful thinking!

Karefree

PS Itsworthit, if you find time please post. I think about ya'll daily.

Old 10-18-2001, 05:47 PM   #28  
you can call me flower

Hello. Today was one of those days where I watched the clock to see when it was time to go home. Afterwards, I went to the grocery store. I got lots of salad stuff. I spent 99$ and it won't be enough to last us till next Friday. But we were out of everything. Salad dressings and the like sure add up quickly! I tried the onion flavor Boca burger today. Very good! I wish I would have picked up some low fat snack food. I am craving something sweet. I made the mistake of eatting 3 cheetos when getting some for Cameron. Now I want more. But not gonna. Besides they give me a stomach ache after awhile!

I gave Itsworthit my snail mail address in case she couldn't get computer access. She said she was gonna get a hotmail account and I could relay the messages, but no news yet. I am hoping for a piece of mail eventually.

Eat less/Move more!!!! audri
Old 10-19-2001, 11:16 AM   #29  

Default Audri, as soon as you hear from Jean please...

let us know. I think about her everyday.

We walked a mile again last night. Maybe it will inspire me to be a little more careful about what I am eating....I can hope it will make a difference anyway.

So, Audri, you are walking over a hour (close to 2 on some days). That makes me feel very oafish and lazy. You have a job , a home to keep and 3 , that is THREE, small kids! I wish I could get the motivation to make half the effort.....I will go and read the post you mentioned now....
Old 10-19-2001, 11:22 AM   #30  

Default Audri, as soon as you hear from Jean please...

let us know. I think about her everyday.

We walked a mile again last night. Maybe it will inspire me to be a little more careful about what I am eating....I can hope it will make a difference anyway.

So, Audri, you are walking over a hour (close to 2 on some days). That makes me feel very oafish and lazy. You have a job , a home to keep and 3 , that is THREE, small kids! I wish I could get the motivation to make half the effort.....I will go and read the post you mentioned now....
Closed Thread