Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 10:21 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss & Chit Chat #221

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:35 PM   #2  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Whoa...I was typing away and when I got ready to post the thread was closed. I was about to panic....but my post was okay:

Hi gals...Sounds like everyone is keeping busy. Me too! Today was bed changing and laundry day here. Then I ironed..eekk! Not my favorite thing. But, hey, it is all done and the rest of the week is for Thanksgiving.

I also want to get Dr. Oz's book. I went to the library and the list had 5 people on it, so I didn't try that. I knew we would be gone before my name came up. I would like to read the book previous to this one also. May be an idea for Santa. I did read an excerpt in Good Housekeeping and they had some exercises. It seems the most important for me right now is to get back to walking steadily. I did almost 30 minutes today before I got too cold. So tomorrow, maybe 30 or more. It is supposed to be warmer.

Jane, you are doing great at 4 1/2 pounds. I lost that 2 and haven't lost anymore. Always my way! But I am not discouraged as I know I am a slowwww loser. I really have had such ups and downs with my health that I am glad to even maintain. LOL

Sassy, Yep, we chicks have a built in radar about other women. The type I really dis-like are the ones who say something a little suggestive and then giggle and say "just kidding." Knowing that if a man would actually "bite" on the remark she would NOT be kidding. Or the ones who think/say that every man they meet makes a pass at them. Give me a break!! Anyway, I am not too jealous and my DH is very trust worthy, but I can get my claws out if the situation arises. (Has been several years since that's happened) Thirty years of marriage coming up in Jan. so we are pretty set in our ways and neither does anything outrageous. LOL

Cristina, I did not tell you how thrilled I am that Josh is coming home. I know you will love having your family together, even if it isn't actually right on the holidays. Enjoy!! I'm with you on throwing the scales out the window. I am actually looking forward to going West so I can get away from the scales. Don't have them out there. Trouble is I know I will find it harder to eat healthy...but on the plus side the weather will be better for walking. It's a give and take....wish me luck.

Marti, Hope you get feeling better real soon. Get lots of rest and take care!

Jules- Hi, hope you are going to have a nice Thanksgiving. Will you get to relax?

Mary Kate, We leave for Vegas the 13th and now that we decided to go I am anxious. On one hand I hate to leave the new house, but on the other I DO NOT hate to leave the winter weather. DH is already pacing and bored since he doesn't want to start another project. He has his shop all cleaned up and now has nothing to do. He is not one to sit still for long...so the next couple weeks he will drive me crazy.

Hi mkat, Tiffany, Norma and all the rest of the chicks.

Well ladies, Hope you all have a very nice week and especially enjoy Thanksgiving.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:47 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

Julie and Sassy - since you're both curious about the Drs. Roisen and Oz diet, I'll tell you what what my experience has been so far. It is a very healthy way to eat, and the exercise routine they recommend is do-able. No special equipment needed. The first part of the book explains how simple sugars and saturated fats affect the body, which is quite interesting, and all about brain chemicals that affect our appetite, plus more about fat, metabolism, etc, and then the diet guidelines are given. They are not as specific as they could be, but the basics are there. Also, some daily menu suggestions and recipes are given. I have not been hungry following their way of eating. That's not to say I don't miss some of my old foods. (Goodbye, Jif!) But because they have us eating a balanced diet, with proteins, complex carbs, and some fat, I just haven't gotten hungry throughout the day. I do wake up very hungry, though, since they recommend stopping eating at least 3 hours before bed. The Drs. are realistic about mess-ups, and tell you what to do when that happens. (Just what you'd think - forget about it and keep going) Waist size is their main concern, instead of a number on a scale, but that concept is hard for me to grasp, after years and years of the iron monster ruling my life. There is much more to the 350+ page book than I can outline here, and I think you'd benefit most if you buy the book, or check it out at the library. I recorded their special on the Discovery Health channel, and plan to watch it again for reinforcement when I need it.

Marti - hope you get some good rest! Do you have Friday off, too, for the holiday?

Hello to anyone reading this.

Am I the only person in America who doesn't care at all that Tom and Katie got married?? Every time I turn on the TV, there's more news and clips about it. Give me a break!

Have a good evening, and I'll chat at ya tomorrow.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:49 PM   #4  
GmaTo8

Hi Sue - you snuck in while I was posting.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:52 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi ladies...

Okay, so I am taking a break, plus I needed an address in one of my pm's...should have written it down. Anyway, so I thought I would drop by and say HI!

SUE...I do wish you lots of luck while in Vegas...wish I could go with you, lol! I've got to get V to put a t.v. in the exercise room so I can walk the treadmill more...it's just too cold and windy outdoors. Well, it's actually been spring like weather but the wind has been bad and the cold is coming. You know I would get rid of those scales but I am so afraid I would just let myself go. At least this way I keep on top of it. Just keep gaining and losing the same 2 or 3 pounds, ugh. And thank you for the wishes about Josh. We are excited about him coming home even if it is just for 2 weeks. I have missed him sooooo much!

JANE...you are welcome for the card, glad it brightened you day and got there in time. Yours and Marti's somehow slipped between the console and the passenger seat and so they were mailed later. And yes, I did change my avatar and siggy. Thought I would get ready for Christmas since I didn't think I would be back until sometime after Thanksgiving. Glad you guys had a nice time at the DGD's program/dinner.

SASSY...yeah, it's pretty bad when family do that. I'm not the jealous type either but his SIL was another story. It wasn't so much that I was jealous as much as angry. I think some men are clueless though and he just didn't see it. After we talked about it and he thought more about it, it did get him to thinking. Anywhoo...it would be hard for me too to workout if I worked nights and the hours that you do. So it may sound like an excuse but it would just be hard to fit that in on top of errands, sleeping, etc. or I would think.

JULES...I didn't realize Tony was home...that's good and I bet he is enjoying it!

MARTI...hope you are feeling better today.

Okay, ladies, break time is over. I have too much to do, ugh! Serves me right for waiting until the last minute. Of course it didn't help that I did some running around this morning. Had to go get a few cards, get gas, go to IF, the PO, and then made a trip to Bed, Bath & Beyond and picked up a Christmas mat for the front porch and one for the kitchen. I'm doing a little bit of Christmas decorating inside so all doesn't have to be done at once and so Josh comes home to Christmas. Better get going.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone has a special day Thursday with your loved ones.

A very HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and yours!
Old 11-21-2006, 06:57 PM   #6  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Hi Ladies!!!

Hi Ladies!

Wow I slept until almost 6 pm! I was up earlier but laid back down. I had this weirdo dream! Hub, our co-workers (the GOOD ones at least -- ha ha) and me all worked for this woman, some very important woman, but I never could see her face! But I came on last and they really didn't have anything for me to do, so she just had me tidying the office. Well for some reason I was there after hours "Tidying" and also had some sandwiches and the woman was there and she had a cup of tea with me and ate a sandwich with me while we discussed what I would be doing after they get things organized. That was it. WEIRD!!!!!!!

HI SUE!!!!!! Yeah I think this woman is one of those women you described. Actually she fits all the descriptions you said. I think I'm going to order Dr. Oz's books off of Amazon. I didn't see them @ Costco. Have fun going to Vegas!!!! Say hello to "Elvis" for me!

Jane -- Yeah that pretty much sounds like what he described both on Oprah and that "You on a Diet" show he has. I like how he explains things and why and he shows you what it does to your insides as well. I know it can be a little gross at times, but I think that is the point, so you think, UGH that is what my insides look like????? It seems pretty easy to follow, mostly what everybody should be taught as soon as they start eating solid foods! But I think in this "fast food" world we now live in, I think everybody is in a hurry and what he showed on tv at least didn't look too difficult, even I could make time to do it!

Cristina -- You're right, men are clueless, especially when it comes to women and "Pretty" women especially. I think they turn into Giant Two Yr. olds when they see one. lol. I hope you get everything done you need too so you can enjoy your time with Josh.

Marti -- I hope your feeling better!

I just want to give my Thanks to EVERYBODY here who has been so kind to me, even in my most difficult times, you all have always been truely wonderful and I just wanted to give you my Thanks and Appreciation!!!!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-21-2006, 07:41 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Cristi - I hope you have the best ever Thanksgiving with your family, especially Josh. Get lots of pictures.

Sassy - we feel the same way about you, sweetie. Dreams are odd sometimes, aren't they? I never did believe in books that tell us what our dreams mean, because I think we all have to analyze them for ourselves. We are the ones who know what's really important to us, and what obstacles we're facing, even if it's a sandwich and a cup of tea, right? Although with your dream, maybe organization plays a part, too.

Hello to anyone else reading this.

I've been doing lots of house cleaning today so I can concentrate on cooking tomorrow and Thursday. My DDs are going to help with the cooking, thank goodness.

Neal is off to music practice, and I've got the house to myself. Have a good evening, and I'll check in tomorrow.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:09 PM   #8  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

Just dropping in to say Hi! I lost about 2/3 of ONE pound last week But it's all good. Small steps back to success and all that I guess. I'm a bit disgusted with myself today, as I've had two sodas and a diet cola because I didn't plan ahead and get water or gatorade to bring with me {i'm at my moms using her computer}

158 days til my recommitment/formal wedding/most terrifying day of my life, and 54 lbs/12 inches of wasted waist to go {waist currently measures 46 inches, I want it down to at LEAST 34}

I'm reading and keeping up as best I can, and believe me this once a week thing is driving me nuts. The computer was my lifeline and my sanity alot of times. I'm replacing as much as I can with walking and gym time but most nights I'm the only adult home and can't exactly leave the kids to go to the gym or for a useful walk...

kids out of control, be back when I can.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:12 PM   #9  
I can dream, can't I?

Another busy day here. Like Jane I am trying to get things done so I can bake tomorrow. I will need to run the vacuum tomorrow in the midst of cooking...but everything else is cleaned.
I took Mom to get her hair done today and we went for lunch. I went bra shopping...ugh! Why is it that when I find a bra style I LOVE they dis-continue it? And since I did find it and buy them all at the same time they are all needing replaced at the same time. I finally bought just one today and will wash it and wear it just as a trial...then if I like it, go back and buy more. Which I am sure they will stop selling just about the time the new ones need replaced. Story of my (bra) life. Okay...I know, if that is the worst I have to complain about I am lucky.

Last edited by suetalks; 11-28-2006 at 12:50 PM.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:24 PM   #10  
I can dream, can't I?

Hello Judith...you came in while I was posting. I hope you are able to get your computer fixed or replaced soon. It is crazy how we have become dependant on these machines isn't it?

To all who are wishing us well in Vegas, I hope the good wishes rub off and we win BIG. I will say "hi" to Elvis, but you know...I see lots of Elvi while there. They seem to be everywhere. I will have a puter there as I have before, so can check in with everyone and see how much SNOW you have! :snow4

For right now....I am preparing for turkey day. After that we will do alot of visiting with DH's family the next 2 weeks since we will be away from them for 4 months. Add packing into that mix and we will be busy.
Not to busy to check in....

Last edited by suetalks; 11-28-2006 at 12:50 PM.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:40 AM   #11  
ugggg.....

Sue--I just read a little blurb that said "If there was justice in the world Elvis would be alive and there would not have to be so many impersonators" I have the same problem with bras--my dd tells me I should do like her and buy a bunch in all different colors--I told her I am l lucky to find one that fits and the color choices for my size tend to run white, beige and black. I wish I could go to the sale table at Victoria Secrets like her and get pretty ones. VS doesn't even carry my size

Judith--at least you are moving in the right direction!! Whan I signed us up for DSL a month ago I let myself be talked into a free trial of the game package--don't know why--but I cancelled before the trial period was over and they cancelled everything on a Friday afternoon, talked to techs all weekend, the billing office on Monday, a tech Monday night , the billing office again, it has not been fun--it seems they also messed up my enhanced security package. It has been a nightmare. I am calling them later today to have them do an interactive to get the security package back up. The last tech named Samantha that I talked to was very rude. Hopefully I will get someone else.

Sassy--my step mother was into dream interpretation,tarot cards and palm reading. She could tell you what it means. She also believes in reincarnation and that she was Eygptian royalty in one of her past lives, she thinks my Dad was Henry the VIII. She wanted to figure out what my past life was but we never did. She also did alot of drugs and drinking which she is now paying for. Her and my mom are the same age and she is in a nursing home not doing well.

Cristina--I bet you can't wait for Josh to be here. Tony totally suprised Ryan, Ry had no clue is was coming. They are such good friends. Tony is really loyal and they are always there for each other. Ry was the best man at Tony and Katy's wedding and is godfather to the two kids. The bus went passed our lane a lot and they would all just get off at Tony's and walk back. After DS quit school, Tony still walked DD back. He is very protective of her. His homelife wasn't the best and he almost moved in with us, he was here all the time anyway but his mom wouldn't let him and he moved to his sisters and finished school. There are so many of the kids friends that don't have good homes. It is really sad.

Jane--thanks for the info on Dr OZ. I think I am going to bake my pies today. We worked Sunday to have today off. I have to take both dogs to the vets at 8 so I better get going.

Hello to everyone else.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:42 AM   #12  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Happy Wednesday!

Happy Wednesday Morning Ladies!

Well it is currently 29 degrees (F) here in lovely Ohio. lol. But guess what? We haven't even turned the heat on today! Awww the luxuries of living in an upstairs apt! I was actually HOT before! lol. Hey I'm enjoying it cuz in the summertime its the opposite.....lol

I've been doing laundry today. Just washing and drying so far, the putting away part still needs to be done. I HATE that part! lol. I don't mind washing and drying or even folding, but its the putting away part! I guess because I get stuck hanging all the clothes as my husband for some reason cannot hang something on a hanger right! It always ends up way off! lol. But at least he tries! lol. He does fold the socks and undies though.

Oh I have some movies to report to you all.

Lets see, I've watched:

Must Love Dogs (Great Movie, definately a chic flic!)
The Love Letter (Also a great movie and a chic flic as well)
Stay Tuned (Comedy, w/ John Ritter, kinda cute)
Thin - a documentary on eating disorders, which was kinda interesting, it went inside a clinic where the girls went to go for help.
Kicking and Screaming - (very cute, a nice family movie)

I think that is all I've seen lately......I know that seems like a lot, but its not all in one day! lol.

Today (Wed.) we are planning going out for a while, we haven't really gone anywhere lately with all the over time and all. Monday, DH had to go over and do work for his parents, Tuesday we tidied up the house, so I guess we are due for a nice night out. Not sure what we're doing, but DH says we are going OUT! lol. We do need to stop by Nissan and get our car cleaned. (free car washes)

Jane -- aw thanks. I have the weirdest dreams, I dream about work A LOT. Does that mean I work too much? lol. I guess its because I spend so much time with these people, they get "stuck inside my head" or something? lol. I know that is sad. Wow I guess I do truely need a night out! lol. Hey only 2 1/2 weeks and we get an entire week off! lol. (we requested it off a long time ago and its already been approved) I think I need a counting down to vacation ticker! lol.

Mkat -- Hey ya, thanks for stopping in! WTG on the 2/3 of a pound! Hey its better to lose a little than to gain, right? I've been doing pretty bad myself, so no worries, as Dr. Oz says, "Just forget about it and move on" Sorry to hear about your computer probs, I know that stinks! Take care!

Sue -- UGH speaking of Bras. I need new ones too. But you know I hate shopping for those things! Cuz why is it when you are a larger size all you have to choose from is either white or baige? I can't wait til the day I can wear the "pretty bras" again. Correction, I do have one RED bra! lol. I think that was a fluke that I found that! lol. I used to have such "pretty" bras though. *sigh* those were the days! But I WILL get back to that and the cute clothes too! I look back on pictures of myself and just wonder what the heck happened to that cute chic! lol. (and back then I thought I was FAT then! ) I think she is hidden inside of here somewhere! lol. Oh I know, I know plus size girls can be cute too, I'm not saying they can't! I'm just saying that I need a makeover really. Working nights and all, I don't really care too much about how I look. lol. Anyways, good luck on the Bra Shopping and sorry I got a bit chatty there! lol.

Speaking of Vegas, if DH and I ever go I want to go through one of those Drive Thru Wedding thingy's! lol. I just think that would be so awesome to go and say, "yes one vow renewal to go, pls and can u supersize that?" lmao.

Jules -- you snuck in! lol. I have a nightmare book but I don't think my dream qualifies as a "nightmare" but then again it was about my co workers so maybe it was! lol. I just dream about work A LOT! lol. At least the "people" from there! lol. Sorry to hear your step mother is not doing well.

Well chics this chicy is getting sleepy. I haven't done much today but I think I am still recooping from all the OT. But my check sure was nice to see! And I have loads more OT coming up + holiday pay so that will be good, tough, but good!!!!!

Take care chicas!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 11-22-2006 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Editing for Jules! *She snuck in on me!* lol
Old 11-22-2006, 12:32 PM   #13  
a work in progress

Good mornin' ladies...

No coffee today. Or yesterday. Or the day before. Tim has horrible migraines, and the dr. told him to stop caffeine for a month to see if it helps. AUUUUGGGHH!!! My DH LIVES on coffee. It's his lifeblood -- might as well set up an IV drip in his office cubicle. OK...not that bad. But he would make a pot every morning, fill up his thermos and a big travel mug to take to work. That left like...2 cups out of 12 in the pot, and those 2 cups were MINE. And some days he would come home and make another pot. Or drink tea. Or Red Bull. So yeah, I guess he was getting a lot of caffeine. But now, he has a caffeine withdrawal headache. I know how that feels because I used to live on Coca Cola -- could easily drink 6 cans a day without batting an eye, and had to quit that cold turkey, too. So, I'm trying to be supportive and not make any coffee at home until Tim kicks the habit (even though he told me I could, I'm not gonna torture him), but dang it, I think I'm going to Starbuck's today!

Sue, "Elvi", I like that. I saw that there is a troupe of skydiving Elvis impersonators based in LV called "The Flying Elvi", you've probably heard of them. When I was in Vegas last month, we were driving down the strip and I saw two Elvis impersonators (in different costumes), standing and chatting in front of one of the casinos. It was...surreal.

Jules, I found some really pretty bras at Lane Bryant. The salesgirl offered to measure me to get the best fit, and I was shocked at the size I needed. But you know what? They fit perfectly. And they were expensive (even with the sale buy one, get one 1/2 price). But I figure, the Brooklyn Bridge and the Golden Gate weren't cheap either -- and anything this big that requires this much engineering to offer this much support is gonna cost me a little bit! Besides, I'm worth it.

Jane, you mentioned Neal was off to music practice -- does he play an instrument? Or sing in choir? I was thinking about what you said about dreams...I think dreams fall into 3 main categories. The first kind are just...mind clutter. Kind of like sweeping out the attic -- bit and pieces of junk and cobwebs, that don't make any sense at all. Then there are dreams that if you stop and think about them, they have elements of things that have happened to you recently, and your mind is just combining them in strange ways. Like you might think about your neighbor that you saw watering her lawn, except she is on her way to the grocery store (because you need to shop tomorrow), and she is riding a llama (because you watched a show about llamas on Animal Planet). You know, dumb stuff like that. The last kind of dream, is the dream that is trying to tell you something, where the things and events are symbolic. Those I think are more rare, but are interesting to try to figure out. Oh, and I don't give a rat's butt about Tomkat's marriage either. Except sometimes I'd like to rescue that poor girl. They had it on one channel for something like 5 hours yesterday. You'd think she was Princess Di

Judith, good to see you, hope you get your computer fixed soon! I remember having little ones at home, and feeling like I had no time to do anything for myself. If I even went to the bathroom, they'd come pounding on the door! How old are they? I was wondering if there was any kind of exercise you could involve them in -- even dancing to "The Wiggles", or something silly like that. And hey, 2/3 of a lb is 2/3 of a lb. Pick up a 1 lb can of Crisco, and think, ok, I've lost 2/3 of this!

Jules, sounds like you had a real hassle with your DSL. My husband used to be a master tech at an internet company, and we both have customer service phone jobs. If you get someone that is rude, one of the best tactics is to say, very calmly and nicely, "You know, Samantha...I think maybe we are having a communication problem. May I please speak with a supervisor?" One of two things will usually happen -- either Samantha will not want to escalate the call (you get in trouble if that happens too often) and she will straighten up, OR you will get a supervisor who is more motivated to be polite and help you.

Sassy, I feel the same way about laundry. Tim will ask, "Do I have any clean socks?" and sure enough, they are folded neatly in the laundry basket. We don't really have a proper dresser, and that's why I hate trying to put stuff away. Guess it's easier to put things away if you have someplace to put them, huh? That's my housekeeping excuse.

Cristi, sounds like you are in a whirlwind of preparations for the holidays and for Josh But that's a good thing. Erik won't be home this year, and don't know when he'll have leave again. Whether or not he'll be deployed in January is still up in the air.

Hello to everyone else reading this

OK, I touched up my roots this morning to cover the gray that keeps sneaking in. I have an appointment at the salon for a facial at 10 -- have a gift certificate I've been meaning to use. Noah is here all week, and we are working on algebra assignments he was having trouble with. That's been interesting, trying to re-teach myself algebra 2 so I can explain this stuff to him -- I've forgotten so much! Then Mike will be here tonight to help me with all the pre-feast prep, try to do as much as possible the night before, chopping veggies, making pie and cranberry sauce, etc. Sooooooo...if I don't see you before then....

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Old 11-22-2006, 05:17 PM   #14  
a work in progress

Default This was sobering.

Our WW leader does a little game every year with his groups right before Thanksgiving. He hands out paper plates, and tells everyone to write down everything they ate last Thanksgiving. He goes through each part of the meal: how many handfuls of mixed nuts did you nibble? How many glasses of wine or mixed drinks? How much spinach dip? Cheese and crackers? And that's just appetizers. How many helpings of turkey? Stuffing (1/2 C is one serving, so how many servings did you have)? Gravy, mashed potatoes, rolls, butter, green bean casserole...then pie, fruit salad, whipped cream...and this doesn't even count the turkey sandwiches and stuff people nosh on later at night.

So THEN...he goes through and gives points for each and every item on the list.
1/2 C stuffing -- 4 points
1/4 C spinach dip (regular, not low fat, and not counting bread to dip) -- 5 points
1 oz mixed nuts (about one small handful) -- 4 points
1 slice pumpkin pie (1/8 of the pie) -- 8 points
1 slice pecan pie (1/8 of the pie) -- 8-16 points
1 Tbsp butter -- 3 points
1/2 C mashed potatoes -- 2 points
4 oz turkey breast -- 3 points (and did I really have only 4 oz?)

When people added up their totals, there were shocked gasps all around the room. Lots of the new members that weren't on WW last year had totals well over 100 points, some close to 200. Even most of the hard core diligent members had totals over 40 or 50. If you aren't on WW, just to give you an idea, at my weight, I'm supposed to eat 30 points per day. And these point totals are for one meal -- not breakfast, or late night nibbling.

So...survival strategies:

1. Lighten up any recipe that you can. For example, I have to make the green bean casserole for Tim. But I use 98% fat free mushroom soup, no milk (I thin the sauce with liquid from the green beans when I drain them), and I only use 2/3 cup of the dreaded french fried onions (1/3 C in the casserole, and 1/3 sprinkled on top), instead of 1 1/3 cup that the recipe calls for. I use lowfat sour cream and nonfat yogurt in my dip recipe, and have veggies for dipping (carrot, celery, red pepper strips, broccoli, mushrooms) instead of chips, bread, or crackers. I use fat free evaporated milk in my pumpkin pie and you can't tell the difference at all.

2. Figure out what you really want to eat. Some things are special, and maybe you only get them once a year: pumpkin pie, stuffing, cranberry sauce, your sister's wonderful fruit salad. Those are the things you look forward to the most, so you should have them and enjoy them. But lots of things are not really all that important or special. You can have mashed potatoes, potato chips, mixed nuts, dinner rolls, etc any time of the year. Do I really need butter on the rolls I do have? Or butter on potatoes, if I'm having gravy, too? Forget the things you don't care that much about. I don't really care all that much about pie crust (I know lots of people love it, though!) But since it's no big deal for me, I usually pour some of the pumpkin pie filling (there's always too much for the pie shell anyway) into a oven proof dish, and bake it as a pumpkin custard for me. Why eat the crust, and all those calories and fat if I don't care about it?

3. If you are having the holiday meal at your house, pack up and refrigerate leftovers right away for each family to take home -- especially the fattening stuff. You can save the nice lean turkey breast for yourself!

So, I know I will go over my 30 point total this Thanksgiving, but it will not be ridiculous and out of control.

Wishing you a great and thankful holiday, everyone -- and praying for peace
Old 11-22-2006, 07:55 PM   #15  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Judith - yay for the loss! No matter how small, any loss is to be congratulated. If you want to walk at home, since you can't get out with the kids, how about trying the "Walk Away the Pounds" video? I bet you'd like it.

Sue - I hear ya, honey! I just hate it when my favorite products get discontinued, or "new and improved", whether it's clothing or food products. It's good to know you won't be too busy to check in during all that's going on in your life.

Julie - I'm glad you're having a good time with Tony. YW for the info on Dr. Oz. How's everything going for DD in her new place?

Sassy - hey chicka, you don't have to be stuck with boring bras! I didn't like bra shopping either, until I started wearing matching bras and panties a lot. All colors, and prints, too. They're available in lots of stores now, in the plus sizes. Most days I'm the only one who knows what I've got on under my clothes, but it still makes me feel good. Just so you'll know, Neal can't hang things right on a hanger, either. If he wears a shirt just for a couple of hours, and hangs it up when he gets home, it's always all crooked and off center. But he has other qualities that I appreciate, tee hee. Who's in the Kicking and Screaming movie? I'm always looking for something to rent with the DGDs.

Mary Kate - I'm gonna have an extra cup of joe in the morning, in your honor. And I'm gonna love every last drop of it. Ahhh, I can almost smell it now! Are you ready to smack me yet? tee hee About Neal, he plays his guitar (a Les Paul) with a group at church every few Sundays, so that's what the practice is all about. Wow, thanks for the eye-opener about the points in a Thanksgiving meal! Like you, I try to stay away from things that I can get any old day.

Hello to anyone reading this.

I gotta go...
Happy Thanksgiving to you!
Closed Thread