Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 09:43 AM   #16  
ugggg.....

MaryKate--sorry about your loss, FIL that passed in August struggled with pancreatic cancer, it's such a hard way to go, the kids and I were glad we made the trip to say goodbye to him too. Don't worry about being a downer because of your concerns and fears about your arm, anyone would be scared. Keep posting and get the support here.

Marti-I hate feeling tired all the time. I think stress does it to you. I have been taking some new vitamins and they seem to be helping. They are called "Alive" and I get them at the health food store, they are a little expensive but they seem to do more for me than the One a Day I had been taking.

Cristina--the landlord wasn't as nice as he first seemed. All the bad things the neighbors said turned out to be true. The girls even heard negative stuff about him at the town hall when they went to get the water turned on and the bills sent to them. He has a very bad reputation.

Tiffany--I love the fall colors and cooler temps myself. Good for you exercising. We were going to take a hike today but once again it is suppossed to rain all weekend and be beautiful during the work week. I have been bad and not going to the gym, but helping dd pack should count for something and moving day will definitely burn some calories!!

Norma--Hooray on the five pounds!!! Your scrapbooking corner soounds great. I need a hobby!!

Sue--it's going to be a rainy gloomy weekend here too!! Glad there is no problems and you got your release!! Yeah on your closing date and the LV house getting nearer to move in date!!

Sassy--I know what it is like to have car problems--I am hoping to get a new used car with lower mileage in June. DD also has alot of problems with her car. A friend of ours gave us a 2000 Honda Civic with a crunched in back end. The rear clip is $500 to $1000 but hubby can fix it. He's going to do it for dd instead of us. It has a little less than 80,000 miles and was one owner with no engine problems and had just had four new tires put on it before the wreck--none of which were damaged. DH just doesn't want dd to get stranded alone somewhere especially on some of the backroads she travels on. He says, we can afford payments on something newer when all our major loans are paid off -- between school and housing she doesn't have extra and we aren't sure her 90 Pontiac Sunbird will last another 2 to 3 years until she finishes the Accounting degree and gets a job with it.

Michelle--you are in my thoughts during this rough time.

Jane--Is this your retreat weekend?? I went to a Women's retreat in this area several years ago and it was so wonderful. I felt spiritually renewed afterwards and I need to go again.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:50 AM   #17  
ugggg.....

Update on DD:
She will be moving somewhere next weekend.....she didn't get the apartment she was hoping to get. When we looked at it is we $500/month and then he relisted it at $550 and ran it again. A friend of mine said that even though DD called back to say she was still interested even with the extra $ that legally he would have to give it to her at the lower price. It makes me wonder if that is the reason. Who knows? We looked at two more. The first one actually had floors that were so slanted that you felt like you were on something just walking across the room and it was also pretty nasty and not in a real nice part of town though it did have off street parking. There was an unrefundable $350 pet deposit and dd said how could a little dog make it any worse than it was, we didn't think we could get it clean and it had a strange dirty sweaty smell. The second is in the town I work and a half hour away from where we live. It is an apartment complex that is very nice and she will be in the building that allows pets. There is a refundable pet deposit. They put both the security and pet deposits in an interest bearing account and you get it all back plus some as long as there is no damage. It is less than 10 minutes from I-70/I-81 interchange and a straight shot to her job which is also right off I-81. Because the town she lives in now is so far away from the interstate she has to take back curvy roads and it takes about 20 minutes to get to work. The straight shot on the interstate will make the drive about 30 minutes and the interstate is plowed in the winter if it snows and the back roads she takes now aren't plowed as often as the interstates and snow emergency routes. The new place is about 10 minutes away from the community college she wants to transfer to. The tuition is almost 3/4 less a semester then the universtiy she goes to. Since she changed her major to Accounting I think it won't matter what school she goes to, but what the score will be at the end when she takes the CPA test. Either way she is already off on Wenesday and is taking off Thursday so we will finish all the packing Wed night, pick up the Uhaul on Thursday (I am taking the day off) and finish the final cleaning of the house and then on Friday do a walk through with a video camera and then turn in the key. Whether it's the apartment complex or home it will finally be done.

Last edited by jules1216; 10-28-2006 at 09:56 AM.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:55 PM   #18  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

MICHELLE...I hope you have a good weekend. I will be thinking about you tomorrow as you go through your moms stuff. Maybe going through it will help.

SUE... so happy to hear about the LV and IN house. Bet the house being sold is a big relief finally.

SASSY...good thing you have FIL's car to use until you guys decide what to do.

JULES...good thing DD is moving because that landlord sounds like a big arse. She doesn't even need to deal with someone like that. Well, good thing she will be in a different place soon enough.

Hi to everyone else

Not much going on with me today. Have a few things I want to get worked on but know I won't finish today but am hoping to finish it all by Sunday evening. DD and I have decided at the last minute to head to the scrapbook store, lol. I've got to get back to doing that. Her and I started on her album last year and I have yet to get back to it. Also, have an Army one to do for Josh plus a regular one for both him and Jason. Right now I am working on this WL one for me. Anywho...

Take care ladies and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Old 10-29-2006, 10:06 AM   #19  
ugggg.....

Hi all, I hope my coming back with the long posts didn't chase everyone off....Well I am going to hit the gym. The sun is finally shining!! Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-29-2006, 12:06 PM   #20  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

No Jules, We love long posts, or at least I do. Looks like everyone is just busy this week-end.

We finally got some sun shine today. I had a nice walk, although it was chilly and I wore my gloves. At least the rain has quit. We loved that our yard/grass got so much rain and came in so beautifully, but now we can't get in it to get rid of the leaves. Too soggy!
Already had a shower and washed my hair, so I think I will finish reading the papers and have a cup of tea. Then I am going to make potato soup and do some ironing. Ugh! (to the ironing, not the soup)

Thinking of Michelle today as she has a difficult task of going through her Mother's belongings. Hugs to you Michelle.

Cristina- Good luck on the scrapbooking. Have a nice day.

Oh...someone said something about our new house being in Vegas. Didn't look back to check out who. But, here is the scoop for those confused. We live in Indiana and have had our house here for 28 years....just sold it and built another house here. Our LV place is just for winter months and we try to go for 3 or 4 months each year. DH had to go out for 9 days to take care of some business there, but we will go back for the winter, probably next month. It is a manufactured home in a Senior MH park.

That's it from me right now....might BBL if I get work done.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:01 PM   #21  

Height: 5'1"

A quick hello everyone. Sorry I'm not on much. Too much going on, especially w/the holidays approaching.

Been walking everyday still. The treadmill has become a good friend to me!

I'm getting ready to enjoy my day w/hubby. Just waiting for the man to get out of the shower! Hope he doesn't use up all the hot water! We have plans to go see grandpa today.

I will post more later and try to catch up on individuals.

Chat w/you all later.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:47 PM   #22  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

JULES...Thank you for your kind words. I hope everything gets worked out with DD and moving.

CRISTINA & SUE...Thank you both for your kind words and caring thoughts. Today was an extremely hard day. Moving everything out of my mom's place really made it all final. I felt so bad because the little neighbor lady came over and was crying and said that she misses my mom so much, and that she is now going to move because she can't live there without my mom. This little lady is under five feet tall, and probably only 90 pounds, she just kept wanting to hug me. We gave her three little nick nacks to remember my mom by. Every time we kept looking at my mom's bed, it reminded us that it was that in which caused her to fall and injure herself, and that is what ended up killing her. We left her bed, recliner chair, 2 walkers, 2 cains and a few other things there and they said that they would make sure they went to people that really needed them. We have many boxes of her things stored here and also at my sister's house that we still have to sort and divide up. My mom kept everything and we could not believe how much stuff was in her little apartment! We started at 10:30 this morning and didn't get finished until 6:30 tonight. We are all exhausted and just glad to have it done, and now we still have her memorial service this Thursday. Her obituary came out in todays paper and that is also hard to see.

HELLO to everyone else and hope all of you had a nice day!
Old 10-29-2006, 11:23 PM   #23  
I can dream, can't I?

to you Michelle. I am glad you got that over and I hope you will start to recover from your grief. I know it will get better as days go by. I will once again be thinking of you Thurs.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:52 PM   #24  
GmaTo8

Hello ladies!

I'm back, and so glad to be home. The Walk to Emmaus was awesome, and all I can say is, if you're ever approached by someone that thinks you should go, please say yes.

I went to town with Mary today and stocked up on groceries and ran a few errands. All good, healthy foods in the house now. I'm preparing for Wednesday when I begin Dr. Oz's and Dr. Roisen's new heathy plan.

Sassy mentioned on the last thread how famous we are in the current First magazine, page 31! Although this magazine prints fad diets, and other things I might not agree with, the publicity for 3fatchicks, and the Jaded Ladies in particular is great! Hopefully, it will also lead to more book sales for the administrators here, too. I just think it's really neat that, of all the clubs here, the two that were mentioned were the Jaded Ladies and the Thin Wannabees.

Please forgive me for not doing individuals, but there's no way to catch up!
Old 10-30-2006, 11:22 PM   #25  

SUE...You are such a sweetheart, and I thank you for your kind words. Yesterday was a very sad day and really made things final, but it's still so hard and I miss her so much.

JANE...Glad you had a fun and enjoyable time, but you were missed!
Old 10-31-2006, 12:03 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Jane:Welcome back. I'm glad you had a good time. I'll have to check out the "First" magazine.

Sue: Congratulations on the sale of the house. This will be a really nice holiday season for you with the new house and not stressing over the old one. Our fall leaves here are gorgeous too. Enjoy your walks.

Christina: Sounds like you had a good outing with your son. Don't worry about Josh so much. It doesn't do you or him any good. Have faith that he will be fine.

Michelle: One day at a time. Each day will get better. You are still in my prayers.

Jules: I hope your DD finally gets moved in to her new place and you don't get too stressed. It's really hard to watch our kids and not to get too pushy. I guess we never stop worrying about them.

Sassy: I applaud you on the walk. One mile or even two. I huff and puff after walking a mile and I'm miserable. I can't even imagine walking that far in the rain, up hill. I'm sorry about your vehicle. I hope you get it going soon.

Marti: WTG on all the walking. I wish I could get as motivated as you. It's been nasty outside here and I haven't even been outside for days.

Hi to anyone else that I missed.

Sweetie and I worked all weekend. We are trying to get a guess bedroom ready for my son, so that if he gets a chance to come see us over the holiday while he's in the states for 3 months going to school. My sweetie is into making furniture and we have a murphy bed just about done (the kind of bed that folds up into a tall wall unit and looks like a tall hutch). We made a queen size bed so that we could use the same sheets as we use on our bed. I've also been doing some fall cleaning. I go crazy decorating for the holidays that if I don't get everything really cleaned now it will have to wait until after Christmas. I'm not getting any exercise except the cleaning.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL !!!!!!

Norma
Old 10-31-2006, 11:48 AM   #27  

NORMA...Thank you for your kind caring words, you are a true sweetheart!

HELLO to everyone! It's a very cold sunny morning here, 32F right now and supposed to get up to about 55F today. I'm just finishing up all the thank you cards to get sent off tomorrow morning. I had just been waiting for the obituary so I'm enclosing one in each card along with the memorial folder. My DH got about 20 papers from all the schools yesterday so there are plenty. I hope all of you have a nice day and a very fun and safe Halloween tonight!
Old 10-31-2006, 07:58 PM   #28  
GmaTo8

Happy Halloween, ladies,

Michelle - thank you for the card. You were sweet to send it. Hope you're feeling a little better today.

Norma - the Murphy bed is a good idea! I know you'll want your son to stay with you if at all possible. That would be so nice.

Sassy - thank you for the Halloween card! I really should've sent some, too, but just had so much going on.

Hello to Cristi, Sue, Julie, Marti, Tiffany, and anyone else reading this.

Well, Walmart and Kmart neither one sell the book I was looking for today, so Neal drove me to Evansville. Good ol' Target had it and it was 30% off, too. Now I have to hurry and get it read. I have tomorrow's menu planned of healthy foods, so I'm good to go.

The DGDs will be here shortly for their Halloween loot, lol. I'll take pictures to share, ok?

Have a good one, and don't get too spooked.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:14 PM   #29  
I can dream, can't I?

Hi all....We had only the neighborhood kiddies tonight..10 of them 6 years and under. I had made up bags of candy for each and then had a bowl of treats just in case any came from near-by. The one group all came together and that was IT. Fun!

Jane- Let us know what kind of meal you can have as re: Dr. Oz. He is on Oprah again Thursday and I wonder if it is about the new book?

Norma- Oh...I have always wanted a murphy bed. I wanted DH to build one in the office of the other house....just for a guest bed. And I also want one in the den of the vacation home. BUT...he isn't as willing as your DH. I can't wait to see a photo.

MIchelle- Cold here too...and that is after a wonderful Mon. It got to 73 yesterday. But BRRR today.

Sassy, Cristina, Marti, Mary Kate, Julie, Tiffany...hi and where are you?

Had a pretty slow day today. I actually un-packed another box of wall/decor items and did a little more arranging. I am having trouble deciding what to put up on the plant shelves and the cabinet tops. My decorating IQ is low.

Lunch with DD and Mom tomorrow and Thurs. Mom has to go for blood work. DH gets home Thurs. night.

Have a Happy Hump Day ladies!
Old 10-31-2006, 09:37 PM   #30  
I can dream, can't I?

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/suetalks/my_photos

Just added a new album.."House" which shows a few shots..about 1/2 decorated.

The old album is still up also. Feel free to look...
Closed Thread