Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 11:38 AM   #1  

Talking Loozing Floozies #88, or "Gayle did such a good job I'm stealing her intro"

Welcome to the wonderful world of the Loozing Floozies!

This is a great place to grab a cup of coffee or drink of choice (wine, wine & more wine), sit back, relax and enjoy the happenings of some of our more famous Floozies!

We have a wonderful group here, full of love, friendship, support and motivation!

Once you land at Floozie Land, you will never, ever want to leave!
Old 08-29-2006, 11:56 AM   #2  
Losing it!

I'm blushing Cheryl! Thank you, thank you, thank you for using my intro again! You are such a sweetie! SMOOCHIES!
Old 08-29-2006, 02:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255.5/235.5/160

Height: 5"8"

Just a fast check in to say I went to WW and lost 1.5 lbs..

That first 10 lbs was alot easier to loose then this 10....but I keep going !!!!

Monica

Old 08-29-2006, 02:19 PM   #4  
In it for life!

Congrats on the weight loss!!
Old 08-29-2006, 02:27 PM   #5  

YEA Monica!!!!

So this is 20 pounds all together!?

How great!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2006, 04:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myself View Post
This is a great place to grab a cup of coffee or drink of choice (wine, wine & more wine), sit back, relax and enjoy the happenings of some of our more famous Floozies!
You guys sound like you're right up my alley! Is cabernet allowed?
Old 08-29-2006, 04:46 PM   #7  
Losing it!

Cab sav, merlot, pinot, zin, the list can go on and on and on and on!
WELCOME Allison! Feel free to join in! I have a daughter named Allison too.
I LOVE your sweet puppy pic, whats his name?
Old 08-29-2006, 04:47 PM   #8  
Losing it!

Yeah Monica On The Weight Loss! Weigh To Go!
Old 08-29-2006, 07:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

Yeah Monica!!

I went back to work today, no students yet, but I am tired tonight. Tons to do and only a week until the students come back, so I might be scarce for a few days! I'll be thinking of all of you!
Old 08-29-2006, 08:37 PM   #10  

Monica congratulations on the weight loss. You must feel great. That was really nice of you to help out your daughter with her car. She must have been pleasently surprised.

Allison join right in, we have a few winos here. You will never guess who.

Shelley I hope that you and your family are staying safe. You are just too much like me. I am obsessed with exercise. Just like you there has been times in my life that I am not suppose to do it but I do it seceretly. Take care of yourself so that you can jog again one day.

Janice let us know how your appointment at the doctor goes. I hope that you are able to get rid of that artritic pain.
Are the leaves changing color yet? Ours are just beginning to turn yellow but it was still 26 out today but the evenings are cool. It went down to 7 last night.

Suzy how long have you quilted for? You sure have some talent.

Gayle I will remember to pray for your friend that just left for war. It has to be one of the hardest things letting your kids go but off to war tops it all. Suzy I know that you must hold your breath til Travis comes home.
I haven't seen or heard of those little cinnamon buns you mentioned but living in Canada doesn't mean that this little Canadian Chickie can get her hands on those sweet buns of yours.

Debi catching crabs and feasting on them sounds like a lot of fun. Too bad you didn't get a chance this weekend to do it. Sounds like you didn't let the rain spoil your fun.

Linda all that dancing your doing should help you keep your weight down. When my back was better I use to dance all over the house. The kids thought I was nuts.

Cheryl thanks for the encouragement for Dez. It is a tough thing to deal with because a lot of people just don't understand. Thanks for starting our new thread.

Larry is out golfing so it is a quiet evening. I think I will head out for a walk it is a beautiful evening.

Tomorow Dez and I are going to the mineral spa to be pampered. We are going for massages, steam baths and some relaxing time spent in the warm mineral waters.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:14 PM   #11  
Losing it!

Dee, you have interest in my cinnamon buns? They are hot, moist and sinfully sweet. LOL! Check in your refrigerated section. I think they were from pillsbury. I can always bake you a batch and send them to you, although, by the time they arrive, I bet instead of eating, they will work good to throw at rabbits.

Debi, have fun setting up for class!
Old 08-30-2006, 07:19 AM   #12  

Yay, Monica!! You are doing wonderful!!

Welcome, Allison!

Gayle-I would eat the whole pk of those cinnamon rolls. Last night, I actually ate not only a piece of wheat bread, but also a bagel (with some meatloaf) for dinner. I am trying anything to make my stomach feel better. I am pretty bad right now. You'd think with everything going striaight through me that I'd lose. Of course, I'm not!

My dearest Dee-I am so glad you came to post. I pray daily for not only your health, but Dez's also. It seems as though you were just doing something in your garden room a couple of years ago, or was that your basement? Anyway, send pictures when you are finished with it.

Debi-Our schools are closed today for Ernesto, although he has fizzled out. That means we'll be open the day before Thanksgiving to make up for today. Oh well, it gives me a chance to clean my floors in the house. I'm sure whatever you do in your classroom will be wonderful.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:51 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

I teach college, so I am not really setting up the classroom, I am ordering things for labs, writing sylabuses and other handouts, checking powerpoints and like that. Also, many students stopping by for advisement this week. They should have their schedules done last semester but some changes need to be made now, before classes start next week.

Shelley, glad Ernesto fizzled out and you still get the day off! Around here, we get 5 (usually) snow days figured into our schedule, that if we only use the 5, we don't have to make up days. If we use 6 or more, we make them up at the end of the year, when everyone can't wait for school to be over!
In college, we just lose the day, if school closes, which we usually do at least a couple of times during the winter here.

Monica, how wonderful you were able to help your daughter with her car. Also congrats again on the weight loss.

Allison, welcome!

Gayle, those cinnie buns sound wonderful, but I am sure I would eat the entire package!! I better stay away!

Dee, glad you came to check in! I miss you!! Have a wonderful time, getting pampered like that!! Sounds wonderful!!!

Janice, how was the dr. appointment? Hope all is well.

Linda, I love to dance, but can't find anyone to go with around here. What a great way to keep the weight off, so much fun. I do enjoy my dancing DVD's.

Suzy, how are you doing with the diet?

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 08-30-2006, 09:45 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 255.5/235.5/160

Height: 5"8"

Good Morning Floozies !!

Welcome Allison !!! Ithink you will find this group fun, supportive and a bit crazy ( not me of course, but there are a few ,,,,lol).

Thanks all for your support.

Shelley- Glad that you and your family are safe from the storms. I was watching it all on the news. Florida has had enough !!!!

Dee- Glad to see that things with Dez are a bit better. I will continue to keep all of you in my prayers. How about Larry?? Is he getting any help at work?

Good Luck to all of you teachers with the beginning of the school year.

Cheryl- Have you heard from StreetBob? I hope she is alright.

Well I am off to the mall, I have a friend that will be 74 tomorrow and a few of us are taking her out to dinner tonight. I called her 4 daughters and son last night to invite them to join us. Helen is a real spunky lady so I am going to find some sexy nightie for her,,,,,she lives alone but has a great since of humor, and will get a real kick out of it.

Have a GREAT DAY ALL !!!!

Monica
Old 08-30-2006, 10:36 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdeann View Post
I LOVE your sweet puppy pic, whats his name?
Unfortunately, this is not my dog, it's an avatar I found on the web. I've been experimenting on how to get my own dogs (black lab and yellow lab, Chico and Buddy respectively) into an avatar, but haven't been successful just yet.

Thanks for the welcome!
Closed Thread