Old 08-10-2006, 08:04 AM   #61  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

Two days of poor eating have done a number on my stomach. Today, back to healthful eating!

Last night was... disappointing, to say the least. I'd been planning on going bowling with some girls from work for a couple weeks. We ended up not going because most of the girls couldn't make it, and the one that could wasn't allowed to drive me to the bowling alley because she's one of my managers (something about other employees seeing it as favoritism or some crap). Neither of us knew about this rule until we met up at work and another manager told her this (she's only been working there a couple months).

I suffer from social anxiety, so I have a LOT of trouble just working up the courage to talk to people half the time. I have no friends outside of work, and I've only hung out with a couple people there outside of the work environment once. So today, I'm feeling blue
LadyFirelyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 08:26 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

AAWWW Lydia, that sucks! I hope you are able to get out with your friends soon, Hun!
Well, I'm off in about an hour, theres a thunder storm here and I hate driving in the rain for some reason I get nervous! I'll take it slow though.
Have a great weekend everyone,get the exercise in. Absolutly no reason to sluff off because you don't have to work!!
Cheers big ears! LOL!
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:13 AM   #63  
Fat-be-gone

Brandy-hOpe you're having fun at the Breast Cancer Walk. Good Luck!!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:18 AM   #64  
Fat-be-gone

Lydia- i don't think that's true about your manager. as long as you guys aren't on the clock, you are pretty much free to do whatever you want ( a romantic relationship between a regular crew person and someone in a management position is a different story) I worked there for a year and my cousin was a 2nd assistant and she always hung out with girls we worked with adn drove them around. I don't know why that manager said that that was not appropriate.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:15 AM   #65  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I agree Lydia - I see nothing wrong with it. I think someone just wanted to be a B*TCH and ruin your fun. Don't let it get you down. I don't really have any friends either, just my boyfriend and my puppy so I know how you feel. It sucks - I wish I had a girlfriend or two.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:18 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 257/225/185

Height: 5'8

I dont believe it myself--but I feel so good after my workout this morning. I walked for 50 minutes and because I had friend to work out with, I did weights and stretching for another hour or better. Laughing should count as exercise, we did a lot of that. Hope everyone is having a great morning. Lydia, sorry your evening didnt go as planned. Youve always got us to talk to. Have a great day everyone.

Sherrie
aslimmerme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:59 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 283/238/140

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone. I've been a little quiet lately. I have been really tired this week. Not sure if it has something to do with my sinuses acting crazy or my cat waking me up throughout the night. I feel happier today than last week's water gain. My pants feel really loose today. My break is up so I will have to write more later. Keep up the great work everyone !

Linda
azalea1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 06:57 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Well i was doing good today until my mom brought my oldest 2 home from a tour of the chocolate factory ( in st. stephen for any maritimres that know what I am talking about) .She brougt home a box of chocolates a big bag of jelly beans chocolate covered marshmellows and some maple fudge. All I had was the maple fudge . The box of chocolates r calling my name though And so far I am resisting. I just thank godness that they didn't bring any Laura Secord home.........

Lydia that doesn't sound right ...maybe the other person is just a trouble maker....my sister was an assistant manager and could hang out with whom she choose too....they went all wennt out with 1 of the managers sometimes even hung out at her house.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 07:46 PM   #69  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian mom
maybe the other person is just a trouble maker....
The person was the district manager, so I somehow doubt he was doing it as a practical joke. But yeah, we all decided that after next payday we're going to do it again and just not meet up at work. After all, what business is it of theirs what we do on our own time?

Eating today was MUCH improved. I ate before breakfast (whole-grain cereal). I was tempted to eat a biscuit this morning, but I pushed through it until I got my break and had a turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread (low-fat mayo). Had peas and corn as a snack after work and homemade pizza (with TONS TONS TONS of fresh veggies!) for dinner. I don't feel bad about the pizza because it's all fresh ingredients, no preservatives, healthier cheeses and sauces, and literally half a cup of vegetables on the pieces I had. I think I'll end the evening with a glass of water and a creamsicle (70 calories... come on!). Not horrible eating, I'd say. Not as bad as eating McDonald's :P
Old 08-10-2006, 08:41 PM   #70  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Good girl Lydia! I'm like you, I have severe social anxiety. I usually hang out with the same two or three people. I don't even have a boyfriend. Hopefully after I lose the weight and get comfortable in my skin, I will be more outgoing.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:24 PM   #71  
SLOWLY MELTING AWAY!

S/C/G: 199/168.4/150

Height: 5'4.5"

Wow...we are on page 5 and I am just checking IN!!!!! LOL I've been busy looking after my grandmother and I am homesick; 8 hours a way from my kiddies and boyfriend! But I am helping out here and my grandmother has helped me out so much in the past I MUST SUCK IT UP!!!! Last week I did not do good eating wise or exercising! This week is getting better!

I need to do this for me and I will get there! i'm so down & out right NOW! Aunt FLO has popped up out of no where! A huge surprise...I feel bloated, and yucky!

I should go for a run I'm doing the couch to 5k challenge from coolrunning.com. Gotta finish week 1 today!
JennyDee25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:57 PM   #72  
Domestic Engineer

Just updated my points...definitely not in this game to win- LOL. But I'm determined not to go AWOL again so I'm just going to have to live with it
It's just ended up being a crazy busy week and I need to re-asses where I can get the exercising in before school starts! I know it will be easier once they go back...but I still have 3 weeks before that!
Foodwise...just eating too much, but it could be worse I suppose. hanging in there.
jelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 01:23 PM   #73  
Fat-be-gone

no, emily, do not go awol again. look at me. sometimes I get 0 points for the day but I still come here and post and al. helps keep me motivated.

So far I am doing good on food. But it's only 1:30 so who know what'll happen. good thing is there is no food here at work excet for some strawberries. I am going to be soo good this weekend because I am not liking wha the scale ha sbeen saying lately. Good food and excercise!!! But like I always say, it's always easier said than done.

HAve a great day everyone. Chat with ya later.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:42 PM   #74  
Calorie-Counting Diva

I got my GED!!!!!!!!!!

Scores:

Language Arts, Writing - 93%
Social Studeis - 92%
Science - 93%
Language Arts, Reading - 99%
Mathematics - 62%

I cried when I got behind closed doors
Old 08-11-2006, 06:49 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 257/225/185

Height: 5'8

Emily--Dont give up--sometimes it just takes time--sucky but true
Lydia--Way to go lady congrats

I had a fast food lunch today with friends, but did good for the rest of the day. I have started to try and have supper before 7pm. I am also going to try to get two cardios in a couple of days a week. The scales seem to be stuck, so maybe that will help. Havent dont very well on the water today, but I havent been out of the car much today either. Will definitely do better on that tomorrow. How is everyone else doing? Lets get a move on and fill up page 6.

Sherrie
aslimmerme is offline   Reply With Quote