Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 04:41 PM   #16  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

LOL, I understand being short shows every single pound. I want to get into a size 7 Levis jeans and a skirt I wore when I got married the second time around.
I'll have to wait until I'm around 130 for that to happen though. Yesterday I got into a size 10 Levi's but they were extremely tight on me. So maybe when I reach my birthday goal of 150 I can wear them. I would love to buy a new wardrobe for Christmas also, but I am always broke!!! I haven't bought clothes in atleast 5 years for me except for a few pairs of jeans at the Goodwill.

Tami
Old 08-02-2006, 09:48 AM   #17  

I haven't bought much clothing either. I keep on waiting to lose the weight before I spend the money. Who wants to buy a lot of fat clothes? I know I should take care of myself at any weight but there's a part of me that wants to wait till I'm thin to buy a great wardrobe.
I got up early this morning because my husband offered to take a friend to the airport.Five thirty is a little early for me but I will use the time to get some extra house work done. As I type this I have started to cough and feel like I'm coming down with a cough or cold. I sure hope I'm not getting sick because my youngest grandson's birthday party is this afternoon. He will be 4 years old. He sure is a bundle of energy! False alarm, I think something must of set off my allergies. I'm allergic to mold and dust and get really sick whenever I do a major house cleaning or whenever we move. Looks like I just need to pop an allergy pill! Do you know if this website has a spell checK ? I would love to be able to use it on my post.
Tami, hope you will be able to wear your size 10 jeans for your birthday! Keep up the good work.
Janicej
Old 08-02-2006, 12:38 PM   #18  
banned

Sounds like you've been busy JaniceJ!!

Hope your not getting sick, especially with a 4 year old grandson's birthday!! My youngest is now 5 and I can really relate to how hectic it is with the little ones!
He literally bounces off the walls from the time he wakes up until the time he crashes. Sometimes he falls asleep at the dinner table he's so darned tired.

My phone interview went well, I have a face to face tomorrow afternoon. This is gonna be sooo hard because now I'm not sure I want the job. I called an old co worker from my previous job with the City and she mentioned that 2 of the part timers are leaving this month and maybe I can get back in. It definitely would pay better. But I'm not sure what the policy is on rehire so I'll have to find out if they could even hire me before I get into serious thought about that. And there is always Walmart. My husband says no to Walmart because I once worked for two weeks at Meijer and told them to *&&^ off. LOL So confusing!!!

I'm not sure about a spell checker on this site, haven't found one yet.

Gotta run

Last edited by TamiL; 08-02-2006 at 01:18 PM.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:25 PM   #19  

Tami,
Glad to hear that your interview went well. I'm feeling better so I think it was just allergies. Finished another CURVES workout and plan to walk later today. Our grandson's birthday is at Blue Lake Park so I can get in a little walking this afternoon.
Take care
Janicej
Old 08-02-2006, 10:15 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 254.2/238/135

Height: 5' 4"

Hi

Just thought I would pop in for a quick hi to everyone. The heat is bad here, too, and that makes for very miserable work conditions. I have been too tired to do much of anything. Thank goodness I have air. I don't know how anyone can survive without it.

Sharon, glad to see you post. Hopefully, when time permits, I will send you an email real soon.

Sorry this is short. No energy to do much of anything right now, but wanted to let everyone know I haven't fallen of the face of the earth.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:58 PM   #21  

KimV,
Good to hear from you. It seems that it's been real hot all across the US this summer. I live in Oregon and we had a week that was 100+ temp. It usually doesn't get that hot during the summer.
janicej
Old 08-03-2006, 09:32 PM   #22  
banned

Janicej- I've always wanted to live in Oregon, its soo beautiful! Indiana doesn't have mountains or oceans or anything as far as scenery. Just miles and miles of fields with a few little towns dotting the roads. 100 is high for us too, we haven't hit that yet, just the heat indexes have been up there.

Kim- Nice to hear from you. Hope your job isn't too awful right now.

CJ- sweetie, where are ya????? Its Thursday now, enough already, LOL LOL

OK about myself.......I like to talk about myself, give me a break, LOL I had a phone interview with Centennial Wireless yesterday, a face to face today, a 2 hour test tonight with them and one last interview. I was offered a job!!! Of course thats pending the drug test. I wonder if cigars count as drugs??? Yes, I smoke cigars now instead of cigarettes, LOL Not a very girly thing to do but I am an addict. I'll find out next week sometime for sure. I took the part time 7-11 at night shift. I didn't want to go full time yet, my son starts Kindergarten in 2 (yes count em) 2 weeks! I want to be able to do things with his class and with my 7 year olds class this year and be home to make dinner at night before I go to work.

Well gotta run,
Old 08-04-2006, 05:26 PM   #23  

Tami,
Glad to hear you got the job. It's good that you will be able to work around your kids school hours. It's so important to be able to help out in your children's classes. It helps to make sure your children are on track and the teachers really appreciate the help. I was always a room mother and attented PTA meetings. It was a good way to meet other parents and make sure my kids got the best teachers.
janicej
Old 08-06-2006, 09:40 AM   #24  
banned

LOL, I always make sure my kids get the best teachers!!! My little ones are attending the same school that my older one went to so I know the teachers well. I try to be involved where I can but absolutely refuse to join the PTA here. The PTA here is just like a cliche of snotty rich girls I knew in high school! I haven't missed them since high school and I have no intention of dealing with those types of women again, LOL I will probably be a room mother and go on some field trips this year, it hasn't been possible before now because my son wasn't school aged and I had to stay home with him.

I got to add another carrot to my sig this morning.........160 Pounds!!! Down 40 since April 28th, only 10 to go before November and another 20 after that if I can do it!!! I think its because I have been a bit nervous and haven't had the urge to eat much this week. I guess I am not an emotional eater.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:52 AM   #25  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Good morning everyone! Sorry I have not been in much lately but have had company and just plain been busy busy busy! Also, since the hot hot hot weather finally broke I got out and weeded my garden! The weeds were covering the veggies! LOL ... It was pitiful.

I need a small drum roll please - no big deal but it is for me. I made it 5 days in a row going to Curves! I took the weekend off and today is Monday so will be getting ready soon here to go. I find myself looking forward to actually going to "class" ... lol. I'm going to start the food thread once again and see if I can faithfully post in it every day this time. Join me please.

Sharon:
Good to hear from you. Just know that you are in my thoughts. I know you are going thru a rough time right now but time will heal. You will always miss Jerry but time will ease the pain of his loss. You loved him very much and took such wonderful care of him and he knew that too. That was nice of Kelly to come and help you pack up Jerry's things. I know how hard that was but in a way it is kind of a "closure" too. Hope to talk to you soon.

Tami:
Well sweetie - looks like congrats are in order for you on two counts -- congrats on the job! I don't think you have to worry about the drug test - cigars don't count as drugs! lol .... and ............ congrats for adding another carrot to your sig!

Janice:
Yes, I am enjoying Curves very much! I'm ready for my 2nd week. As you say, the ladies and the staff are sooooo friendly and helpful! And those 30 minutes go by before you know it! I find too that my eating habits are even better since joining. Guess I don't want to sour my efforts - lol.

Well ... I'm off to start the food thread - and then get dressed and go to Curves. Talk to ya all later. Have a good day!

Love, CJ
Old 08-07-2006, 09:10 AM   #26  
banned

CJ- woo hoo!! 5 days going to Curves. Now that is dedication sweetie. You must really enjoy it there. Not much going on here yet this morning except the kids are up and ready to rumble, LOL
Old 08-07-2006, 06:27 PM   #27  

CJ,
I have also been going to Curves 5 days a week. I Joined on the 18th of July and have been going everyday but Saturday and Sunday. It's fun and easy. I'm amazed at how many inches and pounds some of the ladies have been able to lose each month. I hope my weigh-in and measurements on August 18 will be worth getting excited about.
janicej
Old 08-07-2006, 09:27 PM   #28  

Good evening to everyone

Again, not much to report. Definatly nothing to report in the weight loss area. I haven't weighed myself in ages, and haven't concerned myself much with eating right, or drinking water. My weight and size haven't been bothering me much, which I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing Maybe just too much going on around here right now to add another thing to worry about.

Mom had to put her dog to sleep last week, and she has been having a hard time handling the decision she made. I'm worried this is throwing her into a depression, and guess I will just give it a couple weeks and see how she is then.

Hannah is back in school, in the first grade My baby is growing up sooo fast. It seems like yesterday she was born. Next thing you knw, she will be graduating high school and off to college (she wants to be a zookeeper or vet, and live and work at the Australia Zoo-she has been saying this since she was almost 5).

I just finished my midterms. Didn't do as well as I expected in Accounting, and did better in Business Office Procedures than I was hoping. I think I got over confident in Accounting, and didn't give it my full attention like I needed since I was so worried about the other class. But I passed them both! Now, I will be living on the computer the rest of this week to finish a project due Sunday. Oh, the life of a procrastinator. lol.

Guess that is all.

Talk to you all later,

Kim
Old 08-08-2006, 04:21 PM   #29  
banned

Kim- Congratulations on passing your mid terms! You will graduate before you know it. Hannah is back in school already? Boy thats early, my kids start August 21st and I think thats really early. Your poor mom, I don't think I could put my dog to sleep. Our last dog Fida was 13 years old when she wandered out into the road and got hit. She never went into the road. But she was old and in failing health and had poor eyesight so I guess she knew what she was doing. We still miss her!

Well I officially got that job. Must of passed the drug test, LOL As if I know where to even find drugs now. I know its a crappy type job (Customer Service for a wireless phone company) but its something to get my heels wet again after 5 long years as a stay at home mom. I'm actually suprised they hired me after such an absence.

Scale says 159 today!!! Now thats a real breakthru for me. Almost back into numbers I remember from a previous life, LOL

Gotta run, "hugs" to all
Old 08-08-2006, 10:32 PM   #30  

Tami- Yes, it's early for school, but Hannah's ele. school does a "balanced calendar." They go to school three weeks earlier than the rest of the schools in the marion school system. It started out as an experiment a few years ago, and almost everyone at her school loves it, so they cont. it while the rest of Marion school system does the "normal" calendar that every other school system probably does. She starts three weeks earlier, but has a two week break at the end of every nine weeks. Two weeks off around end of Oct, the two weeks for Christmas, and two weeks for spring break. She gets two months off during the summer.

I didn't think I would like it, but I love it. And it is better for her to have more of a routine because of her autism. The school board is supposed to decided all the schools do this, or we go to a normal calendar, but so far, nothing has changed.

Congrats on the job. It may be a crappy job, but it's a job. You'll do good, and who knows, may even like it more than you think you will. And I'm not surprised they hired you. I think more employers are realizing the amount of work stay at home moms actually do (I know I felt as if I was working full-time-wait-I was. lol). Good luck!!

And congrats on the 159. That is sooo great! Way to Go!
Closed Thread