Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 06:15 PM   #76  
kitty Momo

Passions?? I never watched that one Katy. What makes it weird??

Michelle How are you?? You have been quiet today. it is ok,, you can come chat now you are missed.

Shawna I get it now, shank!

Someone brought me a yummy sub and strawberry milk , I thought that was sweet..........yikes, better get!
Old 06-19-2006, 06:35 PM   #77  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Well today started out to be a good day and then things turned for the worst! My sister called me a couple hours ago to inform me that my mom got into a huge fight with one of the workers at her assisted living home, left and went to the social security office, which is right up the road from her home, and she rode up there on her electric chair. The SS office called to say that she was out of control and pretty much was having a break down and wanted my sister's name taken off of everything there and that she was stealing her money. The SS office called back the home and talked to the director who in turn called my mom's doctor and he said to call 911 immediately and have her sent up here to the main hospital, to have all the levels in her system tested and all of her meds, and then he will have to start an evaluation on her to maybe have her sent to a mental institution. Well she left the office before 911 could get there and they found her down the road at Walgreens having chest pains and very worked up. My sister just called me to say that she's now at the hospital and they are running tests, but the most they can keep her is two days, so I don't know what's going to happen. I have helped to take care of my mom with her meds, appointments, and verbal and mental abuse for years, and I feel so bad, but I have had to back away about two weeks ago, because I was just about ready to lose it. I don't know how much a person is supposed to keep going through before things can just get better, but I ask that all of you say some prayers, please.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:58 PM   #78  
kitty Momo

Michelle You are a woman of strength. I am so sorry you are facing this with your mother. Many prayers for her, you and your whole family.

A strong woman isn't afraid of anything...
But a woman of strength shows courage in the midst of her fear...A strong woman won't let anyone get the best of her...
But a woman of strength gives the best of herself to everyone...A strong woman makes mistakes and avoids the same in the future...
But a woman of strength realizes life's mistakes can also be God's blessings
and capitalizes on them...

A strong woman walks sure footedly...
But a woman of strength knows God will catch her when she falls...A strong woman wears the look of confidence on her face...
But a woman of strength wears grace..

A strong woman has faith that she is strong enough for the journey...
But a woman of strength has faith that it is in the journey
that she will become strong...
Old 06-19-2006, 07:03 PM   #79  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Okay, I am back and can post now, geez.

HELLO LADIES!

I am back with a vengeance, about losing weight that is. I am still stuck at 201, ugh! I will be working even harder than before to get those darn scales to budge. When I joined WW a few years ago I went through this...didn't think the scales were ever going to move and then finally a half pound. So I know eventually they will. Just last week wasn't such a great eating or exercising week. I did keep up with the water and vitamins though, guess that counts for something.Never though of myself as a stress eater before but I am learning new things every day about myself. For some reason I have that song I have a New Attitude by Patti LaBelle stuck in my head...and I feel like I DO have a new attitude! Feeling good today and nothing's gonna bring me down, oh no, I got to keep on movin'...lol! It's a new week and a new day for me and I must say I am feeling pretty darn good! So...

I did go to It Figures this morning and as always it felt good! Some days I really dread going, but once I get there I am fine. Came home and walked a mile on the treadmill. Decided I am going to add a mile to my It Figures days as well. the funny thing...I swear I felt fatter but I do notice a change in my body, specifically, my bottom half. My pants fit different and I did measure and the inches are slowly coming off. Thinking that's why I haven't gotten frustrated yet with not losing pounds. It WILL happen!

SHAWNA...WTG on your loss this week! WOOHOO!! Happy moving to you too! Hope you have a smooth move and look at the bright side...you will have a bigger house!

BEP...you too are doing good. Good for you for maintaining. And you are killing me with all the talk of brownies, coffee cake and my fav-banana bread! mmmmmm....And what a sweetheart of a hubby to let you sleep in on Saturday.

KATY...glad you and DH had a GREAT time on your weekend getaway! And that's all that matter's...you'll get the extra pounds off. I think sometimes it is okay to gain a little...let go and live a little and enjoy life. Glad the kids have GREAT grandparents and they too had a good time.

MICHELLE...where are ya missy? I'm here so you can come out and play now, lol. I am loving your new do and color! It does make you look younger! Wonder if it would help me? Naw...I really need to go get my hair done. I've noticed since this periomenopause crap...my hair is getting frizzy and even have some curls. What the heck is up with that? Really not liking it right now. Anyway, glad you and DD worked things out and her and her hubby came over for Father's Day. Hope you are having a good day!

KATHY...good to see you here. Okay, how old is Cody? I know you have three children but I was thinking Cody was the little one. I can't keep it straight sometimes. DH had to work on Father's Day, stinking job. That's okay though, I had a nice, simple dinner waiting with a marble cake for desert. Glad I didn't care for it.

SASSY/SHEL...glad to see you found us! And the more the merrier!

JULES...howdy, howdy, howdy! Hope you aren't working too hard. Did you get caught up with the pile yet? How is DD doing?

SUSAN... I finally found my way out of the loo! It was like a maze though, let me tell ya. I hate drinking water. I might as well just sit on the toilet while I drink it because that's how fast it comes out. Probably to much info huh? Do you think his name on the show was really John Boy Walton? LOL Hopefully it was just a nn, but John Boy? I loved that show though, that one and Little House on the Prairie two of my favs. There's a phone commercial that they do the 'night John Boy...can't remember what phone co it is-been seeing it a lot though. CitiBank has some GREAT commercials, too funny. Anyway, how the heck do you find time to post in between all the work you do? Geez Gaby is a sweetie...cute that she gave her grandpa her balloon. Where is your baby sis going away to college? Will she be close enough that you can at least see her once or twice a month? And a food fight, eh? Sounds like fun! Picturing the carrot up the nose, lol! I think that would hurt though. Sorry you had a gain this week. Next week will be better, for all of us!

Anyway...want to go and look at the general thread before I have to go fix dinner. Have a good evening ladies! Chat with ya's later!
Old 06-19-2006, 07:09 PM   #80  
One day at a time

Aaaahhhh Michelle...I am so sorry to hear about your mother. Lots of hugs and prayers to you and your family. I will definitely keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Susan...thanks for sharing that...I think we ALL are strong women!
Old 06-19-2006, 07:31 PM   #81  
ugggg.....

***I am sorry to all you newbies that have no idea what is going on with this situation but I feel that I need to say my piece and hopefully everyone can move on************************************************ *

Ginny--I am very sorry you feel the way you do. I hope that you don't leave us. You must have gotten in contact with Ellen and she told you her version. I actually feel sorry for Ellen and hope you can become a good friend to her, I just hope for your sake that you do not do anything to anger her because if you do you will feel the brunt of it like I and several others did. You know I was always taught that there are actually three sides to every story-the two sides involved with the truth lying somewhere in between.
Here is my version for all to see and hopefully this whole issue can be put to rest because it is still a very painful subject for all of us who were involved. Yes, there was an incident that escalated on another thread. Many postings were deleted so the full scope of things may never truly be known--there was also alot of pming back and forth that was never fully shown to all. It left some very hurt feelings and Ellen & Susan didn't feel they could post on the other thread, because of that hurt. I understand Cristana became involved somewhere along the way but it was after I had turned off my computer and didn't even want to come back and look. Susan and I had been pming through it all. I started this BTK thread because I wanted Susan and Ellen to have a welcoming place because I was especially concerned about Ellen. There were others from the first thread that joined this one. We were all posting on this thread but Ellen just wanted to talk about the incident and not move on. Another person from the other thread was also pming me. I decided that I wanted to post on both threads since there were people on that one who had been supportive of me and I didn't want to lose contact with them. I pm'd Susan before I did and although it hurt her a little at first, she was in no way mad at me for doing so. Ellen on the other hand verbally attacked me in a pm. I was at work and checked in and actually had to go to the bathroom because I started crying at my desk. Ellen let me know that I was not welcome to post on this BTK thread -- that I had to choose one or the other.
This is the first time I have included Ellen's name in a post so I have not ever slammed her. Ellen has not tried to contact me even though when the incident happenned I pm'd her with an email address she could use to reach me. (Susan and even Suzanne would vouch that I voiced many concerns for Ellen before she attacked me) Ellen didn't try to defend herself--she left her anger get the better of her and couldn't let it go. Apparently she was almost banned from posting on this site before due to another incident involving these very same anger issues. According to the mods she has also been coming back on using other names--I believe now, that she was the nasty poster that Katy responded with the word of the day.
Ellen was banned not because of the incident but because of her written verbal attacks on others and the fact that she would not move on. There are many threads where people disagree with each other and get heated but the difference is that those people move on and don't continue attacking.
I also want to defend Susan here. She was nothing but kind to Ellen and did her best to be her friend. Susan has always been there for me and shown nothing but compassion to me through this whole incident. For her to be portrayed otherwise is totally unfair and to make Ellen into a martyr over this situation and make everyone else out to be the worst of people is just not right.
This thread is for fresh starts and I hope this incident can be laid to rest.

Last edited by jules1216; 06-19-2006 at 08:09 PM.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:35 PM   #82  
time to focus!!!

S/C/G: 279/245/170

Default hugs

michelle, i hope everything works out with your mom. i have had some issues like this with my mom also and it can really stress you out. you dont know how youre suppose to feel when somebody is yelling at you about you dont what.
ty cristina , i about died when that scale dropped to the bottom on the 250 mark at the gym and i had to move the weight to 200 instead and start all over again at the end of the scale thingy. now i just have to knock that bar out to move down to the 150 mark and start at the end again.
dh is grilling out turkey burgers and corn on the cob for dinner, and we will have a salad with it.
well im off to eat, i will check back in a few.
hugs,
shawna
Old 06-19-2006, 07:53 PM   #83  
ugggg.....

Katy--I am so glad you had a great weekend!! My son used to spend one weekend a month with my Mom (I moved in with DH when DS was 1 so it was a huge shock for him not to be around) and he spend one weekend a month at the home of his biological fathers parents (how such nice peole had such a no good son is beyond me) Anyways--getting him to bed on SUnday nights and then on Mondays back into the routine of our house was CRAZY!!! so I can relate to your dealing with your little sugar crashers!!

Shawna--I like your new pictures--the shank you very much gave me a visual of Elvis!!! Speaking of imperfections and flying cows--I have had heifer hips and thunder thighs since puberty!!! Luckily I also have bodacious tatas to counter balance a little...

Michelle ma belle-has your mom ever been tested for Dimensia (sp?) both my stepmother and aunt have it and it makes them really irrational sometimes--my stepmom suffers from manic-depression and has always had her ups and downs but my aunt was always the sweetest person--my uncle and her had the perfect marriage and were always so loving--for her to have an episode that leaves my uncle almost in tears is so hard to see because it is so unlike her. I'll be thinking of you!!

SuzyQ--that is such a beautiful poem!!

Cristina--actually I am home with killer cramps and other TOM issues too nasty to speak of!! I dread going to work tomorrow I went in on Friday and will be back this Friday. Here's hoping you are in oneunderland next Monday!!! (or sooner!!)

Bep--I am sorry you have to put up with the rehashing of the incident that happenned before your time--we truly aren't bad people!!! We just all have our issues which the posters on this thread seem use humor to deal with. How's the walking going--any jogging??

Hi to anyone else!! I promise we really don't bite!!
Old 06-19-2006, 07:57 PM   #84  
RosieKate

Shawna - You have one of those doctor's scales...those are so cool when you reach a milestone. Your dinner sounds yummy....

Jules - thanks for chiming in...I appreciate your starting this thread - yeah that was her the other day....

Michelle - you are in my prayers....I hope your mom can get settled in the next few days...so sorry she's having a hard time.

HI to everyone else!

Old 06-19-2006, 08:01 PM   #85  
RosieKate

Jules - I use humor AND my killer vocabulary.....sorry - couldn't resist....

Old 06-19-2006, 08:10 PM   #86  
ugggg.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieKate1965
Jules - I use humor AND my killer vocabulary.....sorry - couldn't resist....
love that killer vocabulary!!!! My dictionary was getting dusty....
Old 06-19-2006, 08:21 PM   #87  
kitty Momo

Jules Is it Back to Kindergarten or Back In Kindergarten? lol thanks for the post, that was sweet of you.

Cristi My sister is going back down to U of O to finish her math classes with her boyfriend who is attending grad school in some sort of landscaping thing. She promised a once a month get together. It would be fun to go down there somethime! You are almost out of the 200's!!! YAY

Kathy What are you doing?? Taking my shoes again?? hehe... hugs to you!

Katy I am glad Jules started the thread too. How was Ashland?? Did you say??

Shawna Congrats on getting below that 50 marker!!

Bep Come back and chat!!

Ginny Hope you come back too!!

I am going home!! My computer is down for the software I need - boohoo.....I have windows Cristi I multi task and pretend I am busy when the person I am reviewing is searching for paperwork. lol

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 06-19-2006 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:36 PM   #88  
ugggg.....

SuzyQ--It BIK not BTK--sorry had a moment!!

Well my DD will be 19 tomorrow and has a date Thursday night. She just met a guy that just got out of four years in the Navy. She said it's like they known each other forever and he is really nice. Doesn't drink or do drugs and has a good job working on computers. This is the most excited she has been since the ex left her and the divorce got finalized. I told her take it slow this time. She fell hard and fast with the ex and he broke her heart--bringing his live in girlfriend to the divorce hearing helped her get over him I think. I just want her to be happy.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:38 PM   #89  
time to focus!!!

S/C/G: 279/245/170

Default i cant believe i ate the whole thing

burppppppppppppppppppp, ok i ate way too much for dinner........but it was all good stuff. maybe i shouldnt of had that second burger.....oh well, ill go work it off tomorrow. katy, i weigh at the gym that i work out at. i told dh that we need to get a scale so i can weigh naked lol.
jules, thanks for the compliment. my dh told me my face looks really skinny, i said ya i wish the rest of my body would catch up ............
Old 06-19-2006, 10:25 PM   #90  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...I'mmmm baaaack...for just a few minutes I'm afraid though.

JULES...very well said. And yes, THANK YOU for starting this thread! You and Susan and your eloquent posts...I get to typing and my fingers are going faster than my brain so what comes out is so different from the way I was thinking, lol. I always feel like I am putting my foot in my mouth. Anyway...I am so HAPPY for your daughter! I hope the date goes well and who knows, maybe this guy will be the one. I always liked Marines, especially in uniform. And a very HAPPY 19th BIRTHDAY to her tomorrow!

KATY...you just keep those words coming...funny when I had MSN...I had the word of the day on the homepage. Always interesting learning new words and I am serious. I know, I'm weird, what can I say?!

SHAWNA...boy, I just missed all kinds of stuff today...sorry I forgot to mention your new avatar and photo-LOVE it! You know, I've been told I always look angry, especially when I am driving. Guess I just get a serious look on my face and people mistake it for me being mad. And I am jealous...all you ladies have skinny faces and me? I have this fat old round face, lol. Doesn't matter how much weight I lose.

MICHELLE...thinking of you

BEP...we can only hope things have quieted down...who knows though

SUSAN...always save the best for last, well sometimes. That's good that your sis isn't too far away. At least she didn't go to the East coast to where you will hardly see her.

You know what's funny ladies...is everytime I see BIK I think of BTK...and that's funny that you typed that Jules. BTK is/was a killer here in Wichita, ick!

Anyway...guess I better get going. Have some clothes on the bed to get put up and then it's nighty night time. Going to try and get some reading done. I am almost finished with my book and it is killing me to see how it ends. So..take care ladies and I will see ya tomorrow!
Closed Thread