Old 05-10-2006, 08:51 PM   #1  

Default Hugh Heiffers Divine Bovines CenterFoals

Alrighty Cows... Herdem UP and Headem Out to Hugh Heiffers...

nothing new to report from Schatziville... avoiding neighbors, and cleaning cause I am BORED and tryin not to get a specific visual on this wrinkly big pored broad... that Peachie reported on...
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:11 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, geez, Schatz. I thought this was spam, and was coming to delete it.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:31 PM   #3  

AACK!!! YOu and that DELETE key are a deadly combo!!!
Old 05-10-2006, 11:01 PM   #4  
loves kleenex box art

Shots !! WQhat a great title. !! Made me laugh.

What did u mean by entering page 4? Is that like the 4th dimension?
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 02:37 AM   #5  

Default Surprise!

The news from here.

* I colored my hair so it is not battle ship gray post-chemo.
* ]It is curly like a poodle... When it's long enough I'm going to frost it back to blonde and reddish.
* DS graduated from IU with a M.Ed last weekend.
* He got engaged!!
* I don't want to be the fat one at the wedding.
* I had chest pains week before last.
* EKG said no heart attack.
* Blood tests say my blood sugar is 105, cholesterols are ***-backwards (good vs. bad).... SO

I didn't go back and read tons... but Hi to all. Has the wedding happened?
Who's gone where...?
The tornadoes in Anna, TX were only about 10 miles from here... but WE didn't even get any rain.

TTFN.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 07:54 AM   #6  
fatter than U

Cool

Ha ha! You're so funny, Schatzi! Good thing you're a moderator or you would have gotten busted for spamming the board. Mmm...SPAM. And please tell us all the juicy gossip going on at Peyton Place. Our town is sort of like that, but we're kind of outsiders so I don't get all the dirt. I saw the butcher's wife yesterday and she didn't even aknowledge me. Pffft!

Hi Painty! Wow, lots of stuff going on in your life. Congratulations to the ds - he's moving right along with his life and you're there to see it, which is a GOOD THING! Good about no heart attack too - how scary. I'm always hearing that with women the symptoms are different and there may not even be any pain so hopefully this was just a little glitch in the system.

Peachy - That lady with the big pores sounds terrifying. Nothing agains large pores, but I don't think they'e supposed to be caked up with make-up and I thought powder was a no no for "older skin" because it sets into every crease and crevice. You probably need some of that moisturizing foundation that keeps everything lookin' dewey all day. But what do I know? I'm still getting blemishes at 42.

Did I mention that I'm going to visit my friend from Darmstadt next week? I booked my train ticket on line and they sent it to me yesterday in the mail. It's from the "Fulfillment Center" aka the ticket office. Those Germans are so funny. I can just imagine an old German granny looking at that and thinking "Huh?"

In other news - my sinuses are killing me and I've been spending as much time in bed as possible. Alone. And I have had hearburn every day this week and must go to the pharmacy and get something for it. They have everything behind the counter - you can't just slink in there and buy something for heartburn/athlete's foot/'roids without everyone knowing what's wrong with you. Nice.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 01:16 PM   #7  

Ah Schatzi! Such a jokester! What I want to know is if Hugh Heifers cow's udders are real or silicone.

Painty, you've been busy both w/ the good and the bad. Congrats on DS's accomplishments and engagement. Sorry to hear you had a medical scare. No fun.

I'm headachy today. I think it's because I've been eating waaaay too much refined sugar stuff. Gotta knock that off.

Schatz, I've been trying to avoid neighbors too - mine are very nice, but when I work in the yard they want to come over and follow me around. Then I feel rude, so I stop what I'm doing and sit and talk, and get nothing done. They're retired so I think they forget that I only have a limited time to get my around the house work done. In fact, this headache started w/ a couple glasses of wine w/ this neighbor---it's all her fault, she twisted my arm.

I'm going to actually go a do some work now. I'll check back in later for news.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 01:21 PM   #8  

Painty DAHLINK: Air Kisses luv! You have stayed away far tooo long! Congrats to DS on his engagement! I am so glad you are continuing in yer recovery from chemo and that the chest pain wasn't anything ...-- I have bad cholesterol too... my whole family does... ! Nuthin like a new foo foo doo or hair color to perk ya up... Speakin of which.. I head back to Mr.Lyn for a bodywave/perm tomorrow... I don't think he has many clients... or he likes me... always seems no matter what I go in fer its at least 3 or more... so my mornin is shot.... I then will get a partial foil, as this dark brown is depressin me...

Kiwonky must beeeee bussssy or is in the middle of writing her epic on the doins in the Big Apple!

Sugah: I hope you git to feelin better doll... we have a commercial out here... I forget for what product, but this guy is scanning his groceries as the computer announces his purchases... and it gets stuck... "Wart Removal, Wart Removal, Wart Removal" -- he hits the machine and it gets stuck going WartWartWartWart... AACK, cracks me up!!! Them German pharmacies could probably write a book about what each customer's malady is... .. Anyhoooooo: I do check yer blog... you certainly are the expat queen!!! No updates... Boozy Broad is avoidin me... Headachey Henrietta is in Charlotte havin her head examined... she popped by the other day to give me the update that she is leaving her neurologist... after a office Bruhaha...Stayin away from Debbie Downer...

CowPeach: has DS returned to the hearth yet??? Ya gave me a giggle this morn as I T-rexed my way through the food lion...

I continue to busy myself..today I am reorganizing kitchen cabinets, cleaning the oven and fridge...

I bore myself.

Where oh where is Bagzilla and Wabisaun?
Old 05-11-2006, 02:11 PM   #9  

Wabby darlink, we posted the same time .... I know what you mean about twisted yer arm... at LLs BBQ we killed 5 bottles of wine... We got over there for 5 oclock, and we were so busy gabbin , we all thought it was 9 ... when I finally nudged DH time to go.. it was 12!!! Lovely Landlordess is a mini Martha.. I made shrimp cocktail, brought over strip steaks for me and DH and baked potato.. and made a carrot cake... and our homemade hooch.. Landlordess had a cracker and cheese spread, a salad bar with all fresh loverly veggies, a butternut squash casserole, and fruit tray... DH kept headin to the garage fer another bottle of merlot/cab... Although I suffered a headache the next day.. we all had such a grand time.. She is 27 and he is 39... She said I wasnt much younger than his mom... yet I have all this energy and do fun stuff not like his mom... It reminded me of what I said about my MIL when I was a young whippersnapper... Jeez, I'm 47 but NOW I know that aint old!!

ok, I've avoided my oven ... must c.l.e.a.n....get rid of fumes before I
Old 05-11-2006, 03:42 PM   #10  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Great thread title, Schatzi!

I like the fact that you almost got busted for it.

My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being -- hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-Erma Bombeck-

Good Old Erma. Freaking System Goddess is gearing up again. And foolishly I have sent replies to people. Sheesh I'm a glutton for punishment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
Kiwi,,,,,,, you have a friend who wrote a book???Is this the guy who used to come over, take off his shirt, and pretend he was fixing your roof???
Good lord NO! You mean the person who ruined our entire house? He was a friend of a friend (the 3-fingered guy) when we hired him, but he squandered that friendship too.

No, the new book is by my friend in NY, eh? Okay, my ex-bf in NY. I don't like to associate his name with that fact in case there are people googling who one would not want to show up here. Anyway, the book is about the humor magazine, g was a founding contributor, edited various parts of the magazine for several years.

My half sister had a book published too -- I'd link to that too but good grief I don't want my relatives showing up here reading my thoughts about them either.

That whole favorite book/take it to a desert island thing makes no sense to me. I think the 2 categories only barely overlap. I can only think of one book I like that I would be willing to read over again so often that it would be worth taking. But it's not my very favorite, just among the favorites. It's called And Ladies of the Club. I could re-read it because it's so long... My favorite book ever is probably Time and Again by Jack Finney. Is that too lame -- I can't help it, I am fascinated. Unfortunately I have read it so much I hardly want to read it again. Same with Memoirs of an Invisible Man. Hated both movies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby
Kiwi, your trip sounded like a blast. I bet you were just one of the kids.
It was fun. I got to be one of the kids sometimes, but let me tell you, chaperoning kids in NY is not for the faint-hearted! I suppose it would have been much easier if each adult had been assigned 3 or 4 kids for the whole time, but the band director is very teen-aware. She knows her students extremely well and spent many hours coming up with ways for them to have the best time they could on this trip. The outcome was that every chaperone had one hotel room they were in charge of, a different group for going out to dinner with, a different group for the broadway show, different for the museum afternoon, different for Saturday sightseeing, different for Sunday sightseeing. It caused a lot of chaos and a more rigid person would never have attempted it. But we managed it, with a few kinks here and there, and never lost a kid, had anything hurt or stolen and I think everyone at least had fun part of the time. Most of the kids had a blast, the setbacks just didn't bother them. There was one girl who became sick in the subway, apparently she hadn't been eating. One girl held up our theater group because she suddenly got confused and thought she was supposed to be with us, but it worked out and we got to Hairspray on time. Hairspray was absolutely hilarious!!! Wonderfully staged, the cast was brilliant. We totally loved it. My next favorite was probably the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I hadn't been there in ahem, many years. We didn't have to herd the kids around there (there were on their honor not to leave the building or cause any trouble--and they didn't), so I got to wander the Impressionists to my heart's content. Then while looking for the wonderful musical instrument exhibit (DD and DDbf raved about it so I had to go see it), I realized I was missing huge quantities of incredible European masters paintings. I could have spent days there, no problem. You should have heard the kids rave about the Egyptian exhibits. I loved that they appreciated the place. I did have to do the chaperone thing there--one girl hadn't eaten lunch and couldn't find the cafe and ended up by herself, so I had to sit with her while she ate.

The bus rides were actually fun. Most of the adults sat at the front of each bus and we had way too much fun. Very amusing bunch.

Will tell more later. Gotta take a shower and be ready for the trip to Othertown for Open Mic night. DD has been practicing with bf this afternoon. Can't wait to hear what they've come up with this time.

So good to hear from you Painty, and congrats to DS on his degree! Way to go!

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 06:31 PM   #11  
loves kleenex box art

My tiny baby is home. We went to this luncheon where he was recognized as having achieved (and the voice grew louder) "the highest achievement possible for an American high school student." Those weren't the exact words but the guy was such a GREAT speaker and made DS sounds SO IMPORTANT that I got teary-eyed.

Now he's home and sleepy and I'm sleepy and we're going out for Chinese.

I don't think people should come into our threads and say off-subject things like they almost removed it.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 06:51 PM   #12  

Kiwi: sounds like much fun was had by all! I love to hear about yer meanderings... sigh, MOMA! I love the Impressionist age.. do tell, who are your favorites??? I went to see the King Tut exhibit in Denver and then again at the NYC Museum of Natural History... mesmerizing! I just marvel at how intricate the craftmanship is..
Who was in Hairspray... Was Harvey Fierstein..playin Divine ???
When you posted that book , the only thing I thought of was Mad Magazine's Spy v.s. Spy ... sooo what is this book about?

Am I wearin ya out with all these nosyrosy questions???

Cowpeach: for DS!!!!! And a fer you raisin such a schmahty!

Wabbina: I must add to LL's Marthaness: Whilst between the two of us we put on a nice clambake, the setting was just loverly... We ate out on their patio, surrounded by her container plants that were all abloom or in full greenery.. the table set with her best china and crystal with a picture purrrrfect drippy candelabra all a glow..
I completed the oven and fridge-a-daire--- made sloppy joes for dinner for DH.. I am exxxhausted...
Old 05-11-2006, 06:57 PM   #13  

Quote:
Freaking System Goddess is gearing up again.
I think it's just terrible that Lush skipped out and left you w/ that one, Kiwi - this is obviously Lush bait, do you think she'll bite?

Peachy, isn't that tiny baby over 6 feet tall???? You deserve to bask a little in the glow of his accomplishments. He's pretty amazing. How was LCP?

Schatzi--- I wanna come over and party w/ you and the neighbors!!! Whatya mean the neighbor is a mini Martha?? from the sounds of that spread, you're no schlump. Don't you love it when some sweet young thing starts in talking about age??? I remember thinking my parents were old when I was in high school and they were in their early 40's.

Waiting patiently for the next installment of Kiwi's great adventure in the big city....
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 07:37 PM   #14  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

yessssssss!!!! enjoying the big city details!! the ex-dh used to take the drama group to NYC once a year---they loved it as did he----he took both dd's to nyc for their graduation trip and they had a ball {except when dd 20 got back from her trip two years ago and her favourite kitty had been hit by a car and killed in front of the house and i had to keep it from her for the whole week---ANYONE REMEMBER THAT ONE!!!}----i love the big apple myself----however i will have to make do with Boston and Denver---KIWONK---REMIND ME WHERE YOUR FAV BOSTON RESTAURANT IS AGAIN----I REMEMBER YOU LINKED US TO IT ONCE~~!!!---- sounds like you had a great bunch of kids which doesn't surprise me----your darling daughter travels with a lovely crowd----i feel like i know them!!!---i was just thinking of her a minute ago when i was folding the clothes----MY Immortal came on the radio=---hope she sings it tonight!!! wish i could come over to othertown---my favourite impressionist is Serat {and Cezanne}----spelling errors likely-----------------PAINTY!!!!----welcome home---and congrats on your ds and all his accomplishments----maybe you can join the grandma's club like wabby!!! looks like a fun place!---are you keeping up your blog?? i always forget where everyone's blogs are-------AND PEACHBAT!!!!! what more can one say about your darling genius!! i am so glad you get to have some rewarding moments after all your work and investment into this fine young man!!!TOtally great mother you are!!-----wabbasalot---i would like to join you and shatz out on the patio with the divine menus===my lord,and you both had hangovers together---how adorable----i was doing okay with my eating but then i had to go and thaw out some tea biscuits----with raspberry jam that i just made from my frozen berries from last summer----we had fiddleheads and barbeque salmon tonight---it's not like i am hungry,but after i just wrote that i want another biscuit----------PMS IS RAGING AND SO AM I===TALK LATER LOVECOWS==========KISS KISS TO SUGARPIE!!
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 02:30 AM   #15  
fatter than U

Cool

Whooooo Peachboy!!! U R so smart! Kick Bush out and make him President.

Yeah, tell us more about the big city! I never go anywhere. Even though I live in Europe. Hmm. What's wrong with this picture.

OK, I have been reading up on how apple cider vinegar is supposed to be SO good for ya and I'm trying it. 2 tsps vinegar, 2 tsps honey in a glass of water a couple times a day. The new me should be emerging soon.

Bagzieee - if you read my blog you'd know that I was attacked by a rogue light bulb and have a couple of punctures in my head. Really.

There is tons of pollen here right now - birch, beach, grasses, whatever. Everything is covered in yellow and everyone is itching and sneezing. Must go to pharmacy and find relief.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote