Old 05-02-2006, 01:09 PM   #16  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

Ive actually not measured since I started in jan. I never think about it lol. Im glad I did though.

Im thinking I'll go to the mall today to try on stuff. I have pants here that I still cant fit into. Those are what I kinda measure by also.
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 07:30 PM   #17  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey all, I weighed-in this morning and was down 1 lb, putting me at 187 even . I am satisfied with this loss as i've been getting .8's lately, every teensy-tiny little ounce counts toward the goal (I'm trying to convince myself anyway ).

purplecrush, those inches lost are great! You keep up the good work girl. I hadn't thought to seriously measure myself when I started, but I know when I measured my hips last month I had lost 5.5 inches there alone--I was AMAZED! Of course that explains why I can get back into some of my old jeans that I haven't been able to wear for 2 years now I'm glad I kept them.

Congrats to all you losers and everyone who's trying their hardest! We can do this.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 07:57 PM   #18  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Talking Wooottttttt!

Who's back on her computer, using her internet?! I AM I AM!!!! LOL The Charter guy came out this morning FINALLY! I told him it was our modem but he was like 'oh no it's your ethernet chip' and I told him we have NEVER had an ethernet chip and our internet worked but he didn't listen! He wasted over twenty minutes messing around before he said 'oh, you need another modem'!! No **** dumbass! I told him that when he got there! Grrr! Anyway, he switched out our modem and now both computers are up and running smoothly. So glad to be back! I'll post individuals comments later! *MWAH*
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 08:07 AM   #19  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

Hi ladies
I've been down and out with strep throat. Over the fever and pain. Everything I eat though feels like sand paper. Lost 3 pounds down to 226..... if only I can keep it off when I can eat normally again
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:33 AM   #20  
Lifetime Fat Fighter

S/C/G: 237/235/150

Height: 5'2"

Noelle - Congrats on your weight loss. Just seeing the number going down is good. I would take a .8 lb loss right now.

Shari - It's great you finally got your modem fixed. Maybe next time he'll actually listen to the person about what is wrong.

Losing4another - I really hope you get to feeling better really soon. I'll keep my fingers crossed that those lbs are able to stay off.
nicolbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 01:55 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 169/169/110

Height: 5'1

Hi Everyone! I have been sick this week so my weightloss is really skewed. This morning I weighed in at 161.0. I know it is because I have had a stomache bug! Also why I haven't posted a lot this week. I am sure I will be up next week so I am not going to change my ticker!
Abby
PicklesPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:06 PM   #22  
Fat-be-gone

hi girlies!!! After a rough weekend I am back in the game and ready to hit my goals!

Shari-my weekend with the fam was awesome. I was so sad to see them go. Of course 240 is doable. I feel the same way as you about hitting my goal. We just got to stick with it and work hard. We may not hit it but at least we can say we tried!!

abby and losing4another-hope you guys feel better soon!

morrigan and noelle-congrats on your losses. keep up all your had work!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:46 PM   #23  

Despite gaining 4 pounds I lost them then lost an additional 1.5 pounds. Official weight is 217.5. So 8.5 to go until goal. I will weigh in again on May 14 then again on May 29. Last month was a struggle for me so here's hoping this one will be a little better.
72butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:57 PM   #24  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Smile

Today has been great! I still haven't been able to go and weigh myself but I'm not concerned about it. I'm off Friday and Saturday so I can do it then. My mama came back home today after being out of town for three days. Missed her so much. I'm such a mama's girl! I was on a roll today. I got paid, paid on some bills, brought groceries, and still have money left over! I plan setting up a savings account with the rest. The store has strawberries on sale this week: 2 for $4. But I brought two of the reduced cartons, $2. I picked good ones, most of the strawberries were fine. I cleaned and cut them up as soon as I got home. I brought some wheat bread, not my usual brand though. Usually, I get the Nature Valley which is nice, dark wheat but they raised the price. It used to be $1.50 *2 for $3* but now it's $1.89! Grr. So I brought the storebrand wheat bread which is $1.39 each. I brought a week's worth of tuna kits. I LOVE them! They are so good and filling and only 5 pts! I usually eat it for lunch. At first I was iffy because of the price. I'm very cheap and $1.55 per package made my head spin when I could buy two cans for $1. But I thought about it. The packages are convenient, they have everything already in it (nice size, no drain tuna pouch, crackers, reduced fat mayo, sweet relish, spoon, napkins, even a mint!), they don't need to be refrigerated which means I can keep it up in my room which is great because my family eats EVERYTHING, they are already portioned, and they taste SOOOO GOOD! Plus, I remember what another poster said, diet foods might cost more, but it's worth it! So I'll get over it. I also brought some iceberg salad, string cheese, and lil desert cake cups for my strawberries and coolwhip (free of course). They had a sale on Kraft shredded cheese too so I brought two bags of the fat free version for my salads along with a bottle of fat free ranch dressing. Ate one for dinner and it was great! I ate through out the day and I only consumed 19 pts! And I'm full! Like I said, today has been a great day!

Congrats to all the losers so far! And congrats and a kiss to all the gals that have lost inches! I haven't measured myself since I believe March. I think I'll measure again soon. I have to find where I put the first measurements first.

Lorra, ouch! I hope you feel better soon. I have strep throat before and it sucks.

Rosario, I'm glad you have fun with the family. I'm still waiting to see exactly what my weight is this week. If I didn't gain or if I actually lost, then I'll have to figure another number for my MD goal.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:07 AM   #25  
Chicky

S/C/G: 250/155.2/130

Height: 5'6.25"

Yes! Finally! I've lost a pound and a half and am in the teens!

Last edited by SupersizedChicky; 05-04-2006 at 10:30 AM.
SupersizedChicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 11:10 PM   #26  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

WOOOT Congrats Chick!
Old 05-05-2006, 09:42 AM   #27  
Lifetime Fat Fighter

S/C/G: 237/235/150

Height: 5'2"

Oh man, last night we went out to eat at a mexican restaurant. It was with the owner of the company that my husband is trying to get a job with so he can get out of the Army. It looks promising, but I definately went over on my calories. I had 1/2 a taco salad without the shell. I did eat the guacamole on it. And it had alot more meat than I thought it would. But man was it really yummy. I also ate 1/2 a tomale and I drank 2 (I think they were 10 oz) margaritas. I'll be paying for that meal. But it's not something I do very often and it was kinda a special occasion. I am willing to pay the price. I still need to enter it all into Fitday.

On a good note, I think the job looks promising. We'll know more the beginning of June. Hubby is going to fly there and talk to the CFO and convince him that he is desperately needed in their company.

Chicky - Congrats! Before you know it you'll be in onederland.
nicolbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 11:46 AM   #28  
Fat-be-gone

brandi-that's great about hubby's job!! don't worry about your little celebration indulgences. we all need a break once in a while.

chicky-great job on your loss. i hope to soon be where you are. keep it up!!!

Shari-grocery shopping sounded successful. i haven't been eating good because my bf's mom does the cooking now that they are staying with us, so she also does the shopping. and she makes a lot of food that is kind of high in fat and calories. but I think this weekend I might stop by the wal-mart and pick up some healthy snacks and breakfast. we'll see how it goes.

I am so tired of lugging this extra weight around. and I am so tired of having all this clothes in my closet that doesn't fit. Argh!!!! I have been so lazy lately and not so strict with my eating. I think I'm going to do soemthing about it this weekend. this madness needs to stop!!!

Have a great day girls!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 03:39 PM   #29  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

Thank ladies for all the well wishes I can now eat solid food I thought for sure this morning I would jump on the scale and see everything all gained back although I really haven't ate that much. Doesn't take much to full me up ....so I guess getting sick can be good for something NOT that I'm wishing to EVER get strep again NO THANKS!!!!!!

Shari- You sound like me when I go shopping. My husband will say what did you get and instead of telling him what I got I make sure he knows all the prices too. Could save him the details if he would just go with me ...not going to happen but it's worth a try

Rosario- High fat food is soooo hard to stay away from because it tastes so good...maybe you could offer to cook dinner and pick something more diet friendly.

Chicky- woohoo YAH...feels good doesn't it

TGIF
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 03:12 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Hi Everyone!

I have been having a really good week point wise - well except when I found out last night that two 8oz margaritas have 900 calories. That is crazy. I am going back to wine. An 8oz glass of wine is about 100 calories.

I snuck a peak at the scale at my mom's house, and I weighed less in the evening with clothes on, than I did at weigh in last week. I am hoping for a good loss.

I am making a pinata today for my DD 2nd birthday next month (I should say - starting a pinata - it takes a week or more to make one). It is really lumpy, so it will probably end up getting covered with decorations. It sort of looks like a wet, gooey , lumpy egg right now.
morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote