3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Daily Check In - Long and Mini Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/81088-daily-check-long-mini-goals.html)

cacmsc 09-26-2006 06:49 AM

Judy sounds like me a bit I cleaned out my drawers and closet this past week. Got rid of a few things transferred spring to fall etc. Got some of my shoes organized. I guess maybe there is a few too many the hubby is always saying so I guess its true. Still some to be sorted through. Its nice to have a few different work clothes to choose from. I still need a few more tops though. My body has been acting up as well maybe its the change in the weather. I am going to the doctors today to review last weeks blood work up . So I am asking her about that achy hip stuff. I did get on the scale I will have to change my ticker to being up a couple of lbs, if I don't get it off within a week. I guess my extras with all the social stuff is catching up with me. Can't let that happen now can we? Gotta be good to see results soon.
Marie my son lived in Alaska for about 1.5 yrs after high school traveling and working with some friends. I never got there but the pictures and stories were beautiful for sure. I am happy for you to have so many trips and good times ahead lots of reasons to stay on task. You will do great with all of it I am sure. Fun times ahead!
Penny hope your doing well. Nikki hope things are going good for you.
Today I am going to aim for healthy foods and good choices. I will do the scale one more time this week on friday. Increasing my water intake and exercise level this week. I am going to make a chart that always seems to help keep me on task.
Have a great day girls.

judydc 09-26-2006 10:52 AM

It's another beautiful fall morning! I got up early enough to take along walk into work. It was so nice seeing the sunlight gleaming on the river...if I ever come into a pile of money, I'm definitely buying property with a view of a major body of water. It's funny to notice what people wear when the weather starts to change. On Metro this morning I saw folks in everything from sleeveless tops to overcoats. I'm wearing light layers, because it's cool in the early morning and evening, a bity chilly when the sun goes down, and hot around lunchtime. But i really dislike the winter weather, so I'm not complaining.

Marie, your mix of exercise is really great--walking, hiking, biking, WATP...sorry to hear about your frig, what a drag! At least the doggies were happy.

Carol, this is the time of the year when I want to do "nesting" things, I guess, like cleaning and re-organizing. I also find that I have these strong urges to shop, especially at places like Bed Bath and Beyond. One reason I stayed in all weekend was to keep myself from buying stuff I want but don't need! Sometimes I think that there's a deep urge in my brain to begin squirrelling away provisions, layer on fat and prepare to hibernate for the winter!:dizzy:

Hope everyone else is doing well!

judy

Marie 09-26-2006 02:53 PM

Hi Everyone, we sure have shrunk in members, haven't we? I guess that's normal but sad.

Judy, I love the squirreling away idea. I'm going to hibernate too. I hate winter. Detest it. I love snowshoeing and the briskness, but I hate cold. I'm cold in the summer so winter is dreadful.

Carol, good luck getting on track. It's never easy when the scale isn't cooperative.

As mine wasn't this morning. I'm still plateauing. Oh, well, it'll budge eventually.

I jogged 2 miles this morning and DH promised to go on the short block (2 miles) after work. My doggies loved their walk yesterday. After a full day, the long block is just too much though.

The fridge is fixed (at least the part is installed and it's currently working). I don't trust it yet, but since we sort of need cold food, I'll probably go shopping soon.

Work is blah. I just don't want to be here. I hate that feeling. I'd rather go to the dentist. Bet that gives you an idea how much I don't want to be here. :)

But I am here, so I should get back to working.
Marie

penpal 09-26-2006 05:31 PM

Marie - I'm never warm enough either! Today's high is supposed to be in the 80's but this morning I felt chilly and so I put on the space heater in the family room and the central heating after DH left (he's always too warm!) He'd go nuts if he knew how cozy I get this place when he's not here! It must really put our heating bill up :eek:. Sorry to hear you've got the blahs at work - I guess it happens to all of us from time to time. You're doing great with your exercise so I hope your plateau ends soon. :crossed:

Judy - I love taking walks near rivers, etc., it makes it so much more enjoyable. We have a small river (the Tualatin) on our property but we can't see it from the house. We only have about 60' frontage, so I can't actually take walks along the river there. I like to walk down to the river every once in a while and watch the wildlife - kingfishers, herons, muskrats, etc. This time of the year the water is lower and it's kind of sluggish, but in spring it's got quite a strong current. If I every get fit enough I'd like to try kyaking which is quite popular on the Tualatin because it's so slow moving. Too bad the old dock washed away in a flood before we moved in. We often go for walks along the Willamette River, which is close by.

Carol - Like you & Judy, I'm also in the 'nesting' mood and we're also thinking of replacing our master and guest bath countertops. I just hate having to shop for those kinds of things but I'll be glad to get rid of our old tiles. We're also trying to get our trim painted on the house, but so far four painters have stood us up! (not replied to emails, not turned up for quotes etc. :mad:)

I'm getting back on track eating-wise after our company left. We've had quite a few visitors lately and that always throws me off track and I end up eating left overs that I shouldn't. I ate two slices of olive bread with some canned salmon for dinner last night and I must say I had the worst indigestion in my life - and I rarely get indigestion. I was up all night with terrible stomach cramps :tired:. I think that's cured me of eating olive bread! I think I've gained a pound, but hopefully some of that is bloat and it will be off by Friday.

Take care everyone.

cacmsc 09-27-2006 06:46 AM

Judy I agree that fall kind of makes us all think of comfort things. I recently started a sweater for the colder weather. I went shopping yesterday just for a little while only bought a new pie plate and hot cocoa mix. My little grandson will enjoy the mix this morning. I had him overnight Dad's out of town and mom was working. She called and requested a reservation yesterday we laughed sometimes my house is like a hotel. Oh have any of you ever had sweet potatoe ravioli ? My daughter the veggie is checking out some cater for her wedding and they served them with like a cinnamon sauce used for an apptz? Just thought it sounded interesting. I have a recipe I want to try for meatless meatballs. Sounds crazy but interesting. I have been experimenting with some different foods. The other night made a broc. garlic sauce for pasta. My daughter liked it and so did I. My hubby wouldn't of course try it. He is a meat and potatoe lover.
Yesterday was doctor day. She laughed at me and said you only come in for your presp. I said thats right trying to stay healthy. She said I am doing great except for the thyroid. Again my meds are to high. Now last time we had to adjust readjust 3 times. Now again its a bit scary to think we can't get it right. But this time 150 is to high 125 was to low so there is a happy pill at 137.5. I started today. Back again in 6-8 wks. for a reck. on blood work. Man! I don't like this a bit. At any rate that maybe why I have been so tired and a bit moody at times along with harder for me to lose wt. So all in all I am going to keep moving forward with it all. Still trying to make positive changes in my life. Been using the stairs at work, inc. water and trying to stay with in my cals. I will use the scale thing again fri. My chol. was okay same as before. I told her 228 is okay for me and I have no intentions of going on any extra meds. She thinks I'm pretty set in my ways. But understands they give you side effects when your on more then one for chol. etc. and she's not concerned with my numbers. Just be good. Marie I have to say things at work have been better for me I hope yours gets that way soon. I know what a drag that can be going in 5 days a wk and not wanting to really be there. The new supervisor is a worker and doesn't put up with gossip. I love that things are cleaning up a bit with language as well in the office. So good changes are headed I hope. For you too!
Penny I am with you on getting back on track. Its not easy but a must and we can do it! Marie your going to see that scale move soon. It takes time for our bodies to make an adjustment but I think its okay to maintain for a bit. Its almost like a bit of leverage to state I am here at the spot and never going up again. Then after a bit you will beable to lose again. They say slower is better in the long run. Don't stop what your doing cause it worked for you maybe just shake things up a little bit. Have you tried to increase your protein? Or fiber levels? With me its been carbs. lately letting in some pasta and breads. Take care girls and maybe our lost friends will join us again. I hope so it was nice having a few more ideas on here. Sharing and learning what others are working on sometimes helps us keep motivation levels high.

judydc 09-27-2006 02:03 PM

Hi, ladies--

Carol, I've had sweet potato ravioli, yum-yum! There was very funny article in yesterday's Washington Post about picky eaters that your husband can relate to, although I'm sure he's not as bad as some of the folks in the story. I'm glad that things are continuing to look up at work.

Penny, stay away from olive bread :barf: I don't like olives, anyway, so that's easy for me. I can't swim, so I'll sit along the river while you kayak.

Marie, if you didn't go to work, you probably couldn't afford to hang out at the dentist's office :smug:

So my first visit to the clinic went well. I won't be able to start formally for a month or so, after various lab work is done. But I felt good about the folks I met with and the range of plans they presented, got some intriguing info, and made a financial commitment to engaging in the program over the next six months or so. Stay tuned!

judy

Marie 09-27-2006 04:36 PM

Hi all, today is a little better at work. I'm not quite in the I want to run away mood, but I'm sick of working. Bet I have loads of company on that one. :) Judy, too true, my employer gives me dental so I can hang out with my favorite dentist all day. :)

Carol, I'm really glad your new supervisor is working out good. That's always fabulous. We'd interviewed last week and had a great candidate. We offered him the job today and he declined (the old company he worked for set up remote access so he can work from home). We have another qualified candidate that gave me the creeps. I said no way and so now were going to re-post it.

Penny, glad to see you. I've got to agree with Judy - olive bread sounds disgusting and made even more so with the idea of salmon on it. Eeks!!! Fishies are not meant to be eat - you should swim with the fishies (except Judy who would flounder - pun intended):D

Judy, my fingers are crossed about the clinic. What ever will help you, I'm all for it. Money invested in weighloss that works is money well spent (and money saved down the road).

I walked one mile this morning and jogged two. DH and I didn't go for a walk last night because DS, GF and DGS left the house. It was so awesome being alone with hubby that I didn't want to leave, even for a walk. Too bad the cost was on my son - he was sick and they went to an urgent care, then they sent him to the hospital. They were able to diagnose and prescribe meds. so he should be on the mend soon. I'm a terrible mom since I enjoyed the quiet so much. :(

Back to work - no off to the pharmacy to pick up DS's prescriptions. Maybe I'm not so bad after all. :D
Marie

penpal 09-27-2006 09:41 PM

Marie - I hope your son is doing ok - it must be very worrying for you. I'm glad it's going a tad better at work.

Judy - I like olives but I'll never TOUCH olive bread again! :lol: I'm glad to hear your visit to the clinic went well.

Carol - I'm glad to hear your supervisor is doing a good job - that must make life easier for you. I just went in to get my thyroid checkup today. I'll get the results soon and know whether my meds need adjusting. I'm more concerned about my CRP (C-Reactive Protein) which has been off the charts for the past few years (an indicator of systemic inflammation and bad news for heart health & strokes) it was 11.5 and has been as high as 14.8 and it should be around 1 (anything above 3 is in the danger zone). I'm hoping I don't need to go on statins to get it down because my cholesterol is normal and I have high 'good' cholesterol. So I hope the CRP has gone down a bit since my last test.

I walked 20 min. yesterday and 30 min. today - yay! I haven't done much walking lately because my feet have been acting up really bad. I'm looking into getting some trekking poles. They supposedly take the stress of your joints when you are walking. They look a bit goofy, but are becoming more popular. Apparently, you get a good upper body workout at the same time you are walking. They are kind of pricey, so I'm shopping around a bit. I'll let you know if they are any good.

Have a good Thursday everyone!

cacmsc 09-28-2006 06:51 AM

Judy good for you making a smart move with your health and the clinic. I kind of felt that way when I signed up for the gym on a 3 yr. contract now its been about 5 years. But I get life time rate now $14.00 a month. Guess I should start using it huh?
Marie hope your son is feeling better lots of stuff going around thats for sure. Time with the quietness is sometimes needed no matter how we get it. Hope your hire goes well eventually better to take some time and get it right.
My new supervisor called me yesterday to congradulate me on the wonderful report from the state. They actually wroter a seperate letter about my high standards and work ethics and how much I did in an emergency case in such a short time period. It was nice to get that feedback something that has lacked in our dept. for a long time for everyone not just myself. I haven't seen the letter myself yet the director was taking it off to a meeting to share.
The company stood behind me with this case and that helped so much too.
Penny yah the olive bread I haven't tried sounds different. Hope your testing comes back to the good for your sake.
I counted yesterdays calories but not til this morning now that was stupid. If I had took the time to add them up before eating some baked corn curls last night I wouldn't of ate them. The end results would of been better and I within my calorie budget. But this is a learning experience I guess just goes to show me that somedays I go over. If I just eat and think things are within my range. So today I will ensure the calories aren't over. I did go out for breakfast yesterday that was a bit higher than my norm. Whats the Dee's diet eat higher one day lower the next to flip your metabolism into movement? Oh well maybe today I will shoot for 1350 to make up for yesterday being over by 230. It was those corn curls all the grandsons fault for me having them in the house!!!!!!!!!! Gotta be better. I want that scale to move!!!!!!!!

Marie 09-28-2006 09:39 PM

Hi everyone, glad things are going good for everyone. Penny, I hope the resutls come back in the normal range. Losting 38 pounds had to have helped, right??? Sorry your feet are achy again. I would hate that and make myself a couch potato. I'd be that if it weren't for my orthotics. I wear them everyday, all day - except when I'm exercising. They hurt then.

Carol. WAY TO GO on the report from the state. I'm so proud of you. I bet your new supervisor is thrilled to have you on her staff. Good luck on the calories. I've read that going up and down in calories doesn't do anything for the metabolism. It's probably more that you're counting everything and staying in a good range.

I walked 4 miles today and jogged 1 mile. I'll make it to about 65 miles this month (probably) but it's my lowest month since February. Being sick really screwed up my goal. :(

Well, we're going to a neighborhood watch meeting. Ooooo how fun for me. :)

Talk to you later.
Marie

cacmsc 09-29-2006 06:42 AM

Marie that is a lot of miles for someone whom has been not feeling so great. Talk about being proud I think you beat the heck out of me this month with exercise. I have been better about doing the stairs. Its so funny I walk in the front doors at work look to the left where the elevators are and say no go on the stairs. Its becoming routine again and thats a good sign. My hips haven't been quite so sore the last couple of days. I almost am afraid to upset them by increasing too quickly. I do feel my walk has better range as well I walk normally pretty fast paced. Well keep up the good work. For me calorie counting has helped me a bit. I did the square this morning and down .5 I will take it. Still need to lose 2lbs. to get back where I was. But on a good note it didn't stay the same or go up thank goodness. Last night I precounted my calories before dinner. I decided if I wanted the italian bread with my meatballs nothing after dinner. So I knitted to keep myself busy. I am making a new sweater for myself. It is wool and the color is blue jean color with specks of white just a little here and there. It was purchased from a farm in Vermont. I wasn't sure if I would have enough but it looks like I will be okay. The back is almost done. Have you been knitting? The staff meeting at work was wonderful yesterday. I am feeling really great about work lately and things seem to be so much better. Hopefully your office will get back on track with a new hire soon. I am going in early today as she will let us make up our time for doctors appts. if we want instead of using our sick time. So I figure what the heck might as well knock off a half of hr. The other boss never let us do things like that. Judy and Penny hope things are going well. Anyone else working on fall projects? I have to scrape and paint a couple of windowsills this weekend. Then I am going to seal them up around with a puddy type of stuff. Hopefully to seal out any drafts from coming in. Well take care keep moving. I am shooting to do the scale again on monday. Maybe it will help me be good over the weekend.

Marie 09-29-2006 07:00 PM

Hi Carol, Happy Friday to everyone. I'm stuck at work but have time while the computers are working to check-in.

Good news, the scale finally lost the battle of wills. I lost 1.5 pounds. YEAH!!!!!! I was sure doing the happy dance today!!!!

I did 2 miles walking and 1 mile jog this morning. I did them with a light hearted step since it was immediately after the weighin. :)

Carol, I'm so glad that your work environment has improved. I'm wishing and hoping for that here. For now, we're stuck. We have a little emergency at the moment so that's why I'm not leaving. And if I get the problem resolved I have to work this weekend to apply the fix to the testing labs. Eeeks! I will be taking comp time for that even though I can do it from home.

Way to go on the .5 pound, Carol.

Marie

cacmsc 09-30-2006 07:06 AM

Girls! I think sometimes our emotions just take us into a tail spin. I was doing great feeling pretty good yesterday staying with in my goal for the day. Then along came the director with a new case for the gentleman I had pass away a month ago. Well this new one is surely a test. Wow he is young, which is cool but his needs are so high. She did give me an opportunity to not take it. Gave me a chance to read up on him first. But then how could a say no to someone in needs. So I am going to take him on. It will be quite interesting the case is high level for sure. But if I help him and make his life a bit better or give enough supports to make a difference then I've done some good. Of course I took him on. So after work I go grocery shopping and buy the hubby and my SIL some fried chicken. Well I couldn't resist it at all and had it for dinner last night as well. Now I darn well know that is not a good choice at all. But looking back I think soothing over my nutty thoughts of future work was mended with this food. So today I promised myself to eat within my guidelines and goals set out for me. Crazy I tell yah! Like just off the charts fried chicken! Oh well today is another day. But that .5 loss will catch me quick with that type of stuff going on. On a good note I noticed yesterday that my hips seem to be mending up a bit. I noticed my walk was a back to normal almost a quicker pace. That made me feel better as its been on my mind hoping old age wasn't setting in already. Marie hope your work gets better. I did a little knitting last night the back of my sweater is almost done. I am so glad you had a loss eventually it had to happen with all your hard efforts. At least you weren't being naughty with fried chicken like me. But it was good! A bit greasy though after having grilled most of the time. We had a bit of relaxed atmosphere at work yesterday. Other than the old supervisor trying to get a hold of some of our forms the company designed for our use. That was a bit interesting. But work is still going well other than my new case going to be nutty for awhile. But I will have lots of time to be out of the office exploring his Boces program and other places to see what can be improved and add in supports as needed. It will be interesting like having a teenager again he will be my youngest client 18. My oldest is 69. Talk about age gap. I am all over the board.
Well everyone now that I did my confession I feel better. Today I am going to take my SIL and my Mom out to the country side. We are going to pick apples and then go to the Amish farm for baking supplies for the winter months and holidays. Most likely stop in a few gift shops as well. Maybe hit the casino on the way back mom has never been. I have to take her to a specialist on the 11th mamogram showed some concerns. I pray nothing is up she is 84. So spending sometime with her seems to be a good idea this weekend. Take care and I will do my best to be better I promised myself.

penpal 09-30-2006 08:06 PM

Marie & Carol - Congrats on your losses! :cheer:

Marie - Glad to hear you're back in the swing of things with your exercise routine.

Carol - Sounds like you've had a bit of an emotional time at work - hence the craving for fried chicken. I have a great recipe for oven fried chicken that tastes great. If you're interested, let me know and I'll post it. It's waaay less calories and still is nice and crispy. It must be worrying for your Mom - I'll keep her in my prayers.

I've had a bit of a hard time staying on plan today as I only slept about 6 hours last night. I knew I'd crash in the afternoon and start looking for something sweet for energy, so I planned ahead and had a light breakfast & lunch so that I still had some calories 'in the bank' for an afternoon snack. It wasn't exactly 'health food' - I had a latte at Peet's Coffee and a rugelach cookie. When I entered it in my food log I found out the rugelach had almost 200 calories! Luckily, I still have about 350 calories left for dinner.

We had quite a bit of excitement this morning when my DH dumped an old sink round the back of the house and was attacked by a swarm of yellowjackets! Poor guy got stung about five times and six of them followed him into the house, so I was jumping and swatting for about half an hour - hopefully burned off some of that rugelach!

I donned some mauve netting I had in my crafts box over my head and put a knit cap on top of that, plus jacket & long gloves and went out to spray the nest, which strangely is in the ground. I really let them have it, so hopefully they're all dead. I must have looked quite a sight! :dizzy:

I'm still hanging in there at 187 - I know I'm due for a loss soon.

Have a great weekend everybody!

judydc 10-01-2006 06:25 PM

Hey there! I haven't been by a computer much, and distracted by lots of work and chores. But I'm good. Going to the clinic in the morning fo a battery of tests related to blood sugar, hormones, etc. When I get to the office I'll do personals. In the meantime, I am so glad that you are keeping the conversation going across thousands of miles, despite worries, plateaus and fried chicken...hugs to you all!

Judy