Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 10:25 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up Chit Chat and Weight Loss #174

Hello and to anyone reading this. We're a supportive, caring bunch of ladies who share the events of our everyday lives as well as our on-going struggle with weight loss. Please pull up a chair and join us.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:13 AM   #2  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hey all,
Ellen, I heard it my first day home alone after surgery and love it. My Dr. back then just let me cry,,,he would come in and check up on me regularly...lol I did one yard of therapy, of one on one. Released alot of pent up issues...I was carrying around matched set of bagage. Then I went into group therapy for another two years. I would say it was a learning experience, on the strengths, and what one can endure and live.

Jane, oh but to be able to move into a new and clean home! Its worth it. Had wondered if you were busy with McKenzie and the new house.

Well i am thinking of taking a ride up to Sylvan for the day...visit with my mom.

well off to bed I go, night all
Old 03-31-2006, 01:27 AM   #3  
Closed

I DON'T KNOW GIRLS WHICH LOOKS BETTER TO YOU
Old 03-31-2006, 02:10 AM   #4  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies!! welcome to all the new members! hi Karen!

first things first, we are MOVING!!!! We went and dropped off our application to the first place on our list on Thursday, and wouldn't you know it, they called us about 15 to 20 minutes later and said that we are approved! So, we will be moving the end of April!

Also, we were down state for most of Thursday (as well as most of Friday) and I did very good with my eating! I got Subway for lunch, but then ended up feeling sick after I ate it, so I guess eating it every once in a blue moon is a shock to my stomach! LOL

So, we will be doing a lot of cleaning, packing and getting rid of stuff this weekend in order to get rid of stuff that we don’t need, and to keep what we do!

Ginny~ Brandon is already drinking whole milk. When I took him into WIC a couple months ago, the dietician guy, told me that when he turns two to put him on 2% milk to give him the extra fat that he would need. Happy 91st birthday to your MIL!

Cristina~ He has been on whole milk since we took him off formula. That is the only kind of milk that Tommy will drink, so that is the only kind that we keep in the house.

Patce~ Sorry to hear about your migraines. I hope you start to feel better soon.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:11 AM   #5  
Give me strength

The chubby lil rabbit with that big choc egg, that I know she would share with me.....lol

Was surfing and came across some great sayings....one that made me laugh.

did you know Jeans and Bras shouldn't meet in the middle?

Dieting makes you look good in clothes, but exercise makes you look good naked
Old 03-31-2006, 07:37 AM   #6  
Ginny

good morning ladies,
Cant' stay long, just want to say?

Ellen, I am really sorry, I did not mean to make light of your depression. I did not know you are clinically depressed. I thought you were just having a down day like everyone does from time to time...I can relate to being depressed, I have never been diagnosed course I've never talked to anyone about it either. Ever since I was a little girl I've had to be pretty much in charge of something or someone and I didn't have the luxury of letting my feelings show or if I did for very long. So I've had to keep them all in side. I've often wished I could go talk with someone about them. So sorry again.

I get the feeling I don't belong in this group. You are all either building or moving into new houses or apartments and here I sit in the same old house for 33 yrs and it still needs more work to it. Someday I'll tell you about my dream and how it was smashed to smitereens...

gotta go, I have to order more seeds while I am on line. It's work cutting into my off time, which it often does...I am so tired. I need a vacation but that is no where in my near future.

later all
Ginny
Old 03-31-2006, 07:46 AM   #7  
ugggg.....

Angie--every time I buy myself a new bra that actually puts "the girls" in the right place--I get the "Have you lost weight" question.

Mindee--yeah on the new place!!

Ellen-the one with the carrot--if I say it enough times will I eventually believe it...

I have to laugh and joke so I don't cry.....
It's been a very rough week both at home and work. I went in Sunday and got a couple of things done that I really needed to, but Monday morning DD called sobbing uncontrollably...at first I couldn't get her to stop. My first thoughts were, she had been in a wreck, DS was hurt on the job or their Grandpa had died. When she finally calmed down enough to talk to me it was about the ex and the divorce. I told her to come get me so DH could have the car at our job and I wasn't sure how long we'd be. We tried to get her in somewhere to talk to someone and everyone needed forms to be filled out and couldn't get her in for at least two weeks, so I took her to the doctors and it turns out that she has anxiety & depression so they gave her some medication and she goes back next Monday but they told her she needs to find a professional that she likes and go talk with them. The nurse that came in first was going through a divorce too, she had been married 27 years & had two kids in college later o her high school sweetheart and her decided he didn't love her anymore and there was someone else, by the time the PA got there we were all crying. PA was also female and very understanding. The really bad part is that we could have kept her on our insurance while she was attending college full time until she was 24. Once she got married that stopped and he had her on his insurance until he left her and quit that job so all of these expenses were out of pocket. The dr visit would have been my $15 co-pay but was $75 and the perscription for seven pills that cost $25 would have probably been less than $5. She also gets migranes that got so bad her senior year in high school that we had to go to a neurologist. I am not sure what can be done--we are going to try to put her back on our insurance in July--I am not sure if can even be done .

Last edited by jules1216; 03-31-2006 at 07:58 AM.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:00 AM   #8  
ugggg.....

Ginny--is there anyway you can take a mini-vacation? Maybe take a half of a day for yourself and go get a massage?? I am sure this is an extremely busy time of year for you.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:39 AM   #9  
RosieKate

Hi All!
I'm back from my mom's - had a nice visit. Ate too much of all that healthy food and didn't get to the gym once! So, today I am back in the groove and off to the gym. I also checked back in on s-people website, so I am back to tracking food and exercise. Just in time for Easter, lol!

Jane - thanks for sharing the Dottie's I have been doing really well at staying away from sugary treats; Easter will be a challenge.

Sounds like everyone is doing well...I'l try to get back in to keep up with individuals.
Nothing much on tap for today. I need to get some groceries and bake up some mushy bananas into something - probably some muffins. Gotta keep the kids busy with something...they are going a little nuts - both are ready to go back to school. Wish me luck, lol!

Old 03-31-2006, 12:33 PM   #10  
kitty Momo

{{{Ginny}}} awwww, I feel at times I don't belong too. I am a single mother that doesn't knit or do creative art works. I have 3 unruly children and am stressed to the max.
I don't relate to a lot of what is written on the board either and feel left out most of the time.
Honestly, I don't know why I keep hanging around but I do.
Maybe just the common thread of being women and wanting to live healthier lifestyles. I dunno.

Hugs though Hope you are having a good day!
Old 03-31-2006, 12:50 PM   #11  
Give me strength

You guys stop it! You belong! This is what makes us all the Jaded Ladies, the woman who has lived in the same house,,,and has issues with some of the work that needs to be done. the Single mom of 3 girls,,I should say Stressed out Single Mom the SSM. How totally boring this place would be if we are all the same. I see things differently cause of everyone here. Have learned so much from the Ladies. I could go on and make this totaly mushy,,,make you all need a kleenex.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:54 PM   #12  
Give me strength

Jules, your DD is young and has been through alot of emotional stuff. Having depression and anxiety is common in such matters. You are doing the right things,,,giving her love and support, and that nurse she gave her the feeling she wasn't alone. I hope she finds someone to talk to. Is there anyone qualified with her school? big hugs to her,,,alot of for someone to go through no matter what age.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:13 PM   #13  
kitty Momo

I don't know if I do or not Ang. I can't paint a basement like you *sniff or take my children to doctor appts like Mindee *sniff - gads I keep missing my appts...lol or knit like Katy *whaaaa or "clean for my man" like Marti *SOB!!! ....gawd, I want a man in my own time zone sooooooo bad!

It is my donut and coffee day. I bought 6 dozen donuts and bagels with 3 different cream cheeses.... Delish! I have my 6 month review in a bit and I am going home afterward. Feeling woozy.....

{{{{Group HUG}}}}:
Old 03-31-2006, 01:19 PM   #14  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya ladies...

MS SUSAN...I'm sorry you feel you don't belong somtimes because I so enjoy having you here. Would definitely miss you if you were gone so you can't ever leave now. But funny you should mention that because sometimes I wonder if I fit in! Anyway, I hope you are feeling better today and took something for that cough. And...I hope you get that bonus!

GINNY...I wish I was like you and could say that I have lived in my house for 33 years, or for even 10 years! And of course you belong!

JULES... (((((HUGS))))) to your DD!

KATY...glad you had a nice visit with your mom.

JANE...how is everything coming along with your house? Sounds like you guys are very near to moving in. Hope to see some pix soon.

SUE...wishing you lots of luck in selling your home. And...how exciting that the building of your new home will begin soon. Hoping to see pix of yours also.

MARTI...woohoo to the change in your schedule! And I know you will do fine with the new responsibilities that come with the new schedule.

ANGIE...there's nothing like having a "me" day once in a while-everyone needs it! I don't have my nails done but I definitely could use a cut and a little bit of tanning. Told V last week it was that time.

MINDEE...woohoo to moving to a new place! I hope it's close to lots of job opportunities for Tommy!

ELLEN...one for undecided-I like them both! Seems like we all have gone through a stint of some sort of depression. I did with the loss of DH#1 and DS#3 and let me tell ya losing a baby was worse on me than losing a husband. I guess because of the bonding a mother has with their baby. But I didn't think I would ever get through either one. With DH#1 the kids kept me going and I snapped out of it. Not to say I didn't have bad days but I HAD to get up and be there for them. When I lost DS#3 it was horrible. I even went and talked to someone and she wanted to put me on something but I didn't take it. I didn't want to feel as she put it by taking drugs. It took a while but I worked through things on my own, and six years later I still have bad days but I don't let it get me down like it did in the beginning. With the loss of DH#1 I couldn't eat and lost about 30 pounds, but with the loss of the baby, I gained about 30 pounds and to this day am still stuggling to get this weight off. Anyway...

Just heard from our realtor and am a little bummed. We've have been waiting to hear about this so-called off and apparently the people found another house that is #1 on their list, and moved us to #2, oh well. DIdn't think anything would come of it and if it did we thought an offer would come very low for some reason. Had another showing this morning from 10-11, then have one this evening at 5:15-6:15. Of course this 10-11 apointment they wanted to see the house yesterday evening at 4 and I said no and the lady on the phone got snotty. It's a central agency that makes the appts. but it is our perogative if we want to show the house or not and we have been todl that. But the minute you say no...they get snotty. Some call back and reschedule and some don't, so whatever. And I told our realtor that I don't normally take evening appts because that is my down time and too close to having to start dinner. But I took the late one today because I don't plan on showing it over the weekend. This is only the second late one and most likely the last. Honestly, I'm getting to where I don't care anymore. It's been a month of being inconvenienced and I'm a little tired of it already. Just want it to be over! Anyway, just gotta suck it up and deal with it till it's sold or the contract is up. Same old stuff, different day. Anyway...nothing much on the agenda for today. Did my running around this morning since I had to be out of the house, and also did the cleaning so I really have nothing to do today. Need to take a nap and/or go get some sleeping pills. Anyone know if they sell any over the counter? And if there are any that work? I hate that I have not been able to sleep past 6 a.m. and have been waking up a couple of times druing the night. It's killin gme because then I feel so tired and sleepy through out the day. Anyway, sorry for going on and on. Guess Ill go look some more for some landscaping ideas, found a couple yesterday.

Take care ladies and have a GREAT Friday and weekend if I don't get back tomorrow!
Old 03-31-2006, 01:27 PM   #15  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

ANGIE...you are right...if we were all the same this would make for a boring place! Variety is the spice of life after all.

SUSAN...I guess I really don't belong either because I can't knit, I don't do crafts, I don't make appointments for my kids and, okay, sometimes I clean for my man. And I have the most boring life ever! Did someone mention donuts?! Mmmmmm, haven't had a donut in ages!
Closed Thread