Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 02:56 PM   #31  

Cheryl you must be under a lot of stress. This sounds like it wouldn't be a good time for a baby. Sorry I am not up to date on what is going on with you and Steward. I haven't read the posts that I missed while I was away. What is happenning? I hope that you two will be able to work it out.
Sorry that you didn't have better weather while you were away in Branson.
Weather sure plays a part in how we feel and our day to day life.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:01 PM   #32  

Gayle-Let me know about the product. I am a member of the Bare Essentuals club. I am loaded with it right now, though. I keep extending the date that they are supposed to ship it out because I have so much.

Cheryl-I agree with you. Now wouldn't be the best time for you to have a baby.

I lost my car in the Walmart parking lot today. I walked right past it. I feel like such an idiot. I really think I am on the verge of senility. I keep forgetting so much. I walked around for about 3 or 5 minutes until I eventually found it. Next time, I'll just press the panic button on my key fob.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:21 PM   #33  
Losing it!

Shelley, I have gotten into a habit that every time I park at Walmart, I look at the sign with the row number on it as I'm walking to the store. In fact, it is Allisons job to remember for me! I know you feel foolish, but alot of people "lose" their cars in parking lots. Start stressing when you forget to put on underwear or walk out of the house with no clothes on. LOL!

Cheryl, best wishes sweetie, let us know when you can. If it is meant to be then it will be. I know now isn't a good time for a baby so prayers are sent for you & Stewart to get on track first before you start a family.

I stayed OP today until I stopped at MIL's. She sent home cookies from three different batches that She & Ali made. Of course, I had to sample one of each kind. STOPPED after that though!

Are any of you into American Idol this year? Did you watch the new show that premiered after it tonight? Tempers flaired the very first few minutes, might make for interesting entertainment!
Old 03-23-2006, 05:38 AM   #34  

Gayle-I love American Idol, but always fall asleep. I did wake up to see the young kid get voted off. What show was after it? I also absolutely love Blow Out. Do you ever watch it?
Old 03-23-2006, 09:26 AM   #35  
Losing it!

Never heard of Blow Out. When is it on and what is it about?
I forgot the name of the one after Idol, but they locked several people in an underground area with no source of outside light and no sense of time. They all have to vote and agree who will receive the money. Every time they vote and it is not unanimous then the money amount drops. If someone leaves the game, the money amount is automatically cut in half. Last night the show ended were they shared a secret about three of the contestants. The secret was revealed, but not the person. Whichever secret they agree is the worse one/that person will be voted off. It was kinda cool because as the secrets were revealed, the T.V. viewers get to know who's secret it is. It is interesting to watch and see how quickly people start to "melt down" in a controlled environment.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:20 AM   #36  
Losing it!

I had a liquior store customer share this recipe with me, he is a self made chef and says this is awesome. I thought it could easily be core by counting an extra point or two or I also thought you low carbers might like it.

3#-4# roast
50ml. size bottle of any bourbon (this amounts to about 1/4 cup)
seasoning salt (He used Lowerys)
dejon mustard
green pepper
onion
1/2 - 1 can beer (any style)

The night before, marinate the roast in the bourbon/season salt mixture.
Poke holes in the roast with a fork to allow the seasoning to seep into it.

The next A.M. brown the roast in a skillet, then coat with a layer of dejon mustard. Place in the crockpot and layer with onion slices & green pepper rings.
Pour the beer in the bottom of the crockpot around the roast.

Cook on low all day. He says it will be so tender, it will just fall apart.

I'm thinking a point for the bourbon and a point for the beer. I will use a light beer and I think a can is 2 points. All of the alcohol should be removed from the recipe with the cooking all day.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:30 AM   #37  
Losing it!

Just received an email from Carol! She said she is doing ok, trying to follow the WW's plan and is doing fine with it. Her hubby is using the computer for business and she can never find the time to come here and read/post. She wanted me to tell all of you hello. I wrote her back and told her we would like to see her here again when she can find the time.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:05 AM   #38  

Gayle that recipe sounds awesome. I am sure that it would be the most tender roast that you could cook. The nice thing about it is with the alcohol and the crock pot you could buy the cheapest cut of meat.
I am glad that Carol is doing good. She did so well losing weight before.
American Idol sounds good. I don't watch it though.

Shelley I have lost my car before but I have problems losing my locker at the gym. One day I even thought that someone stoled all my clothes because my locker was empty! I had to ask someone to go to the front desk to call Larry to bring me some clothes because I was wearing my bathing suit. Then the ladies asked me are you sure that your locker was on this side "Of course it is!" I have a small gold lock. Well wouldn't you know it but one of the ladies said "This wouldn't be it way over here, would it?" Talk about embarrassing when I realized it was! We all had a good laugh. So I think that I would rather lose my car than my locker.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:17 PM   #39  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Dee ~ We've been married for 23 years. We had a great evening out, but I can tell we're getting old...we were home before 10:00!

Cheryl ~ I know you feel that now isn't the best time for a baby, but I also know you will be able to handle things either way the test comes out. Please keep us posted!

Shelley ~ Don't feel bad about losing your car...I've done it too. Here's a story that should make you feel better...a friend of mine drove to the grocery store near her home one day not long ago and forgot that she drove to the store and WALKED home! Now...don't you feel better?

Add me to the list of American Idol addicts! I love it! I taped it while we were out Tuesday night and watched it last night before the kickoff show. I'll tell ya...it takes a lot less time to watch it on tape! There were 40 minutes of commercials!
Old 03-23-2006, 06:18 PM   #40  

Suzy were you talking about me? I once did that. I drove to the store walked home and later that afternoon I thought that someone had stolen the car! It is a good thing that I didn't call the police.....lol

Congtatulations of 23 years. That is a big accomplishment these days.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:34 AM   #41  

Suzy and Dee-Okay, I feel better now!!

Gayle-Blow Out is on Bravo and repeats quite often during the week. I think the official time is Tues. at 9:PM. The show is about Jonathan, the owner of a couple of hair salons in Ca. It is an awesome show. You gotta watch it, if you enjoy hair styling, arguing, etc. He has had his hair products on QVC.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:23 AM   #42  
Losing it!

I caught part of that show one night Shelley! I didn't know the name of it! I will start watching for it!!! BTW: He's not too shabby looking either!! wink, wink!!
Old 03-24-2006, 12:18 PM   #43  

I went to a slide presentation on Alaska last night. What a beautiful place. A friend on mine spent 3 weeks there last summer. The iceburgs are blue and there is a lot of wild life. Of course there are mountains covered with vegetation. Did you know that in summer they only get two hours of dusk and the rest of the time it is day light?

Tonight we are taking a drive to a small town to meet my sister Gayle and Dale for dinner. It is a very popular Italian restaurant. We are looking forward to it. I haven't seen Gail since New Year's Eve.

I hope that you all have a good weekend and that you can find your cars.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:46 PM   #44  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
I hope that you all have a good weekend and that you can find your cars.
Too funny Dee!

We got word this morning that Tim's uncle (his dad's brother) passed away this morning. He has been very ill for the past two years, so his passing is a blessing and he's no longer suffering, but it's still difficult for the family. I expect our weekend will be busy with family and funeral arrangements, so if I'm not around the next few days that's why.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:46 PM   #45  
Losing it!

So sorry Suzy to hear about the passing of your uncle. I know it is a blessing after a certain point, but it is very difficult losing a loved one. Prayers sent to the family.

You should go on a cruise to Alaska Dee! I heard they are very relaxing and beautiful. Whaat is your sisters middle name? Just curious since we share the same first name. Does she spell hers: Gail?? My spelling isn't very common. The one thing I can not stand is for someone to call me "Gayla" I just cringe!

Big weekend plans everyone?????? I have a 85 year old aunt coming to town so I will probably take my mother to go visit her. I also want to make it to the store so I can try out the roast recipe I posted above. Hubby just returned after a week away from home, might try to sneak in a smooch or two too....
Closed Thread