Old 03-09-2006, 09:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 145/146/118

Wink College Students' Challenge

Hi everyone,
I am not sure whether something similar has been posted, but here it goes. I know that as a college student, I am extremely busy and stressed out all the time (that could also be the result of the chemical engineering major, lol.) So, I eat a lot of junk food, exercise little, and gain weight. I am currently a sophomore and during my freshman year, I gained around 30 pounds from stress, not being close to my family, and eating junk. Although that has changed a bit, I lost around 10 pounds and I still have around 20 or so pounds to go. So, I propose a challenge to all the college students who are willing to take part.
Each day, we should try to:
-exercise at least 30 min a day
-drink 8 8oz glasses of water
-eat no junk food in excess amounts (I'm sure you know what I mean)
-eat breakfast
-replace one bad habit each week for a good one (ex. instead of eating another bag of pretzels, eat an apple)
-log your weight on this thread once a week to see how we're doing

I have around 25 pounds to lose, but if you have more or less, you're welcome to join in. Please introduce yourself and what your stats and goals are. Welcome and good luck!
Alex

My stats:
5'5" Current weight: 143.5 lbs, Goal weight: 118 lbs (in the vicinity of 120 lbs would be good)
healthnut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 12:04 PM   #2  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Well, I'm a little older than you, and have alot more to lose! But I'm a college student! LOL! I'm in my 3rd year, business admin-accounting major with a minor is psych.

Tomorrow is weigh in day for me so I'll let you know where I'm starting out! I use the slimfast plan to control my calorie intake and I just got a new elliptical that I've been doing for exercise each night. I'm up to 30 minutes so far and hope to be doing an hour in the future!

I'll let you know the weigh in results tomorrow, I'm working on taking off a gain I gave myself last weekend, it was my daughters birthday and we partied hard! Good luck to you!!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote