Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2001, 12:01 PM   #1  

Default Cowbelly

is what I have. So far today I haven't done any damage, but only because I need to go shopping so there was only healthy food in the house. I walked. I ate a banana for breakfast. So much for on topic info.

Sorry to hear that you're mom isn't doing well Lushy. You seem to have won the caretaker role in your family. Don't forget to take care of you, too. Sometimes life gets pretty hard.

Kiwi, re: tiger lilys - I'd wait until fall, dig the bulbs, dig in a bunch of compost and replant them. Or you could do this in the spring. They're probably crowded and undernourished. Throw in some fertilizer when you replant them too. Things are starting to look pretty sad in my yard too, no rain and too much to try and keep watered. The grass is still pretty green, but some of the beds are shriveling up. Oh well, I just can't keep up. I do have big fat luscious dahlias blooming all along the fence. So pretty.
Old 07-20-2001, 04:52 PM   #2  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default garden chat

Hi wabby!!!We just planted an entire hedge---about fifty trees all around the back yard{it is about the size of a building lot}---Anyway----they are wigelias{sp??}red flowers,and Hydrangea---snowball or something--they all claim to grow to six feet high and four feet wide----the neighbours drive me wacky so I told dh that if I can't HIDE then I am leaving!!!!!I am going to plant a shade garden the length of the driveway(hundred feet} and a full sun garden of perrenials-----hopefully the damned caterpillars will leave my new delphis alone------OH YES,BY THE WAY,I AM STILL KNOCKING DH OFF THE BED WHEN MY APRON GUT FLAPS OVER ONTO HIS SIDE
Old 07-21-2001, 10:58 AM   #3  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Hi Kids

Ambitious stuff, Bagz! Good luck with that. Are you getting overrun with caterpillars too? I think they are just about gone here now--the ones that eat your lawn. I haven't checked the apple trees to see if they have 'em too.

Sure is hot here this weekend. It would have been a good time to go sailing. Unfortunately DH has to stick around because of work. Maybe I'll manage to go swimming in the lake, at least.

Later, cowgulators.

Kiwi
Old 07-21-2001, 05:12 PM   #4  
fatter than U

Wink Let's trade garden pests!

Slugs are my problem. When I put out the slug bait, they eat the flowers first and THEN the bait. Then they die, but not before laying millions of slug eggs everywhere.

Well, I thought I was done for. The monitor was acting up again - black, black, black. Dh bought a new (to us) one at the flea market for 4 DM (about 2 bucks!) and it didn't work either. Then he took our old one over to the neighbours and tried it there. It worked. Then he plugged it in here again and so far it's ok. Isn't that exciting?

Went shopping today and got really, really tired of looking at my flabby reflection in badly lit changing room mirrors. So I bought shoes. My feet are the thinnest part of me. We're going on a 3 hour hike tomorrow. We went to a dinosaur park yesterday. I got to sit in the back seat squished between the kids because MIL was in the front. FIL stayed home. He's miffed because last week while he was horking down a piece of cake, 5 yo said to him, "Grandpa, you snort like a pig when you eat!" Bless his little heart! Little children have no shame.

Max the wonder boy has screamed non-stop since he was born three weeks ago and according to Mummy, SIL is about to flip out. Ah, the joys of post partum depression. It can only get better, right?
Old 07-22-2001, 01:10 PM   #5  
Member w/ messiest house

Thumbs down I can't stand it!

It's too stinkin' hot here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phew, I feel better now. I did go swimming in the lake yesterday. That was lovely. Especially since there weren't any bugs, which is a rarity. Around here we go from mosquito season through black fly season and on into vicious biting horse/moose/deer fly season. Only saw one moosefly yesterday; the heat must've killed the rest of 'em.

Too bad Max is driving his parents crazy. Probably best he get them in training now, though. My dd was such an easy baby; I was lulled into complacency AND NOW LOOK!
Just kidding, she's a sweetheart. She just finished her first week in her Online Writing Tutorial and she wrote such a wonderful piece for the first assignment. Absolutely amazing. If she lets me, I'll send it to those of you who would like.

Gotta go sweat some more (which'll happen if I move a muscle or speak)

Kiwi
Closed Thread