Old 02-09-2006, 04:37 PM   #31  

Just read an article on the calorie counts from machines in the gym - off by as much as 30%. But you should probably be eating more, Amanda. That doesn't seem enough for what you do.

I've been stuggling the last 2 days - I've really felt hungry so I've ate a little more. Stayed the same so it must be a good maintenance amount.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 07:52 AM   #32  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Do we have any losses for the last two weeks ladies?

Julie

Julie: I would certainly consider what you are doing more than light activity. You may need to kick the cals up just a bit. Sometimes it takes a lot of tweaking to get it right.

Amanda: I would certainly be eating around 1800-2000 with the exercise regimen you are on.

The Wilkinsons are still a sicky household. We were both up well past midnight last night, he with fever and sore throat and me coughing and such. We did finally get to sleep and slept the rest of the night. I heard him stirring just a minute ago to call into work and stay home so I am going to try and get him feeling better between now and Monday. Mine is working itself out, but I am pretty tired from trying to take care of him and keep up the house, the animals and myself. I try and nap whenever I can, but I still have stuff I have to do, like I had to go to the store last night. I needed more honey for my sore throat concoction and he was too sick to go. It was cold and windy and boy did that zap me and have me coughing when I got home. Had to be done though. I am hoping by Monday we will be on the mend and I can get back to exercising and eating properly.

Have a good weekend girls.

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 07:58 AM   #33  

Another 4 point day for me yesterday!! I believe that's FIVE in a ROW

I know I'm losing, but not ready to weigh yet. Just gonna keep positive.

Gotta run. Everyone have a great day!
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 12:31 PM   #34  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi gals,

Thanks for the advice everyone - I am taking a serious look at my diet right now and have decided the following things:

1) I am going to stop eating carbs with my evening meal (when I say carbs - I mean bread, pasta, potatoes etc, not carbs found naturally in veg). This is going to take alot more planning for me - I am going to have my carbs for breakfast and lunch and the protein and veg for dinner.Being a vegetarian doesn't make it easy, but I am going to give it a try. I am still allowing myself a 'carb night' once a week - and guess what I am having on that night???????????? ()

2) I am going to look at eating 5 small meals a day to keep my metabolism up, rather than 3 meals and the biggest one being my evening meal. I sometimes go 5-6 hours between meals and can understand how this causes my metabolism to slump, and then causes me to overeat. Again, this will take planning - as I don't want to eat rubbish inbetween meals or end up eating 3 big meals and 2 extra meals!

3) I think increasing my calories to 1800 wouldn't hurt - I'll give it a try!

I am quite excited at the prospect of making some changes - I've been doing the same thing for a year now and feel like I need to shake things up a bit. I shake things up at the gym regularly, but am stuck in a rut food wise! Like I say, I need to be a lot more organised and plan this diet out before I start - I am going to try to do this at the weekend, but it may take me a bit longer. Nige has said he is happy to forgoe carbs in the evening, which suprised me as I've often put off the idea as I never thought he'd put up with it! I'll let you know how I go! I feel quite excited!

I am back up to 3 cycle classes a week - just finished my third class of the week today and I feel great! Afterwards I felt so energised I decided to spend some time doing some gym ball exercises - must get that six pack!

FAYE - Oh dear - sorry you are both poorly and I am sure if Jack is like any other man then he is convinced that he has it 10 times worse than you!

JULIE - I am so happy for you! Fitting into clothes again is the best feeling - it is absolute proof that you are changing shape! I agree - don't be in any great hurry to weigh in yet - my continual change in body shape and clothes size seems to be despite the scales not moving at all!

SUSAN - Eating a little more when you are hungry is no bad thing - summer is coming and we all tend to eat less then!

SANDY - Hello stranger! Lovely to hear from you - hope you and your family are well. Look forward to hearing more from you!

Where are you Carri?- hope you are well!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:12 PM   #35  

Amanda, congratulations on the plan...sounds great. Great minds think alike - I was thinking about not have starches for dinner (my reason being "but dh needs/wants them". Then I started looking at his tray a little closer after dinner. He eats all the protein, veggies and fruits and maybe a bit of starch. He does eat toast and a sandwich during the day, so it's not like he doesn't eat them at all. I'm just saying I can't use him for an excuse. Just me wanting to make a meal of bread, butter and tea.

I definitely need to shake things up, another bad day in the making. I've gained another pound.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:13 PM   #36  
It is what it is...

Afternoon All ....

Amanda - Sorry I have been MIA, been really busy, yeah I often think about lowering my carbs as well, and I think by you doing it at night that it will help...I eat about every two hours or so, I have an a.m. snack around 10:00, then lunch at noon, then an afternoon snack around 2:30-3 then dinner at 6:00 and my late night snack around 8:00 - I eat nothing past 8:00 ... well I guess I am eating every 2-3 hours, but it really helps with my hunger I think, helps me stay on plan ... I also think that will all your exercise you do need to up your calorie intake .. right now I am having about 1380 calories per day but I only exercise about 3 times a week for 30-40 mins on the elitycal ( sp? )
and then some light weights ... keep it up you are doing such a great job !!!!

Sandybrat - Welcome back !!! Yes I so remember you !!!!

Faye - Hope you and Jack feel better soon, I had a touch of that last week so I know how you feel ... but mine was not as bad as yours sounds... feel better !!!!

Julie - Great job on all the four pointers!!!!

Well I have been doing great sticking to plan and exercising but it is the weekend again, hope I do not blow it.... Have a good one all !!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 06:46 AM   #37  

Wink

Hiya ladies!

Well, it seems to be the time for changes all around. *smile* I've had a 3 point day two days running (just can't get the water in.. yuck!)

Our bank called and said that everything was done and we should start packing to move into our house in 3 weeks... YAY!!! Now we're just waiting for the lawyers to finish up the formalities.

Also, I just wanted to mention that gym memberships are a pain in the butt! All these guys ever do to me and hubby is try to sell us more, more, more, more! It's "karate-cardio.. only $75! BabySwim classes.. only $70/child! Personal trainer... only $50/hour!" And when you say no, they say they'll check with you again in a month.

Arg! The home treadmill is looking mighty fine again even without the daycare service.

What else... we're starting to simplify. We're doing too much and most of it is stuff we feel like we have to do instead of what we actually HAVE to do. We're too busy and we are always saying "I miss you so much!" So we're both cutting back on all of the extraneous activities that we do...

AND we've decided that the girls are not going to be home schooled and that I will return to work when they start school. So I have 4 years or so to get ready and do whatever it takes to get a leg in the door. (maybe a 2 year college p/t to make up for being out of the workforce for so long?)

So a lot of things are percolating and moving and grooving around here. Feel free to suggest jobs.. I've already been offered a security guard job (in 4 years.. go figure!) from someone at our local martial arts practice. Ha ha! We've discussed omputer programming so I could work with hubby, motorcycle mechanic certification since I already work on ours so much, etc.

hmm... I'm at a point where I can decide again (just like senior year in high school!) what course I would like to take in my career. It's not a bad place to be. And we're probably going to take the $$ from my pilots' lessons and putting it into a new career track. *sigh* but I guess just about everyone saw that coming (even me!) *grin* Maybe I can find a way to salvage it...

-Lee Ann
SuGyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 08:02 AM   #38  

Lee, think LONG and HARD about what makes you happiest...Don't think about money or the girls or Dave...what makes YOU happy?? (And don't say fighting, cuz I'll slap you! ) That's where you should take a career.

Glad you'll be moving soon!
Julie
Old 02-11-2006, 10:46 AM   #39  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hello,

Just popping in to say hello!

LEE - Things are really moving in your life aren't they - how exciting? I can't believe how quick the house sale is going through - in the UK it takes months! Career wise, I agree with Julie - if you are in a position financially and commitment wise to retrain, then think long and hard about what you REALLY want to do - it is highly likely that you will never get this sort of opportunity again, so make the most of it! I am in a similar position in that I have decided to not go back into social work, which is what I studied and trained for 4 years to do! The trouble is I have no clue what else to do - I don't particularly feel passionate about anything, nothing is jumping out at me! I am doing an IT course which I am good at, but I wouldn't say I feel particularly excited about it! At least it's free, so I've got nothing to lose by doing it!

Have a nice weekend all,

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 08:31 PM   #40  

Hiya Folks! I am Kim, and old member (went by Georgette once too). I left this site and found another support network that worked for me, something local in the area. Every once in a while, though, at big milestones, I like to check in with this fabulous group.

Here is a little update on me: I never liked to list my weight, I liked BMI better cause then it related to my height. Well, for you BMI people, I started around 27 and now am at 23. Yay! Overall, since I began my weight loss journey, I am now down just under 50 lbs! I feel very good about it.

I love this group, though, and my current group doesn't focus much on water intake or exercise. Bummer! I would like to focus more on that.

Faye, Amanda, Mirabelly, Satine, it is inspirational to see that you are all still here. Amazing! Sorry if I am leaving out any old-timers! you are all making big progress. I bet your lives are different than when you first came here!

Take care, all!

Kim
KimmyAnn47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 08:31 PM   #41  

Oh, yeah, that footer is a lie. That is bigtime old.
KimmyAnn47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 02:21 PM   #42  

Good afternoon girls! Sorry I am behind. Besides my still being sick, Jack took a turn for the worse and I was up from Friday night until this morning with him. We finally went to one of the emergency clinics, which wouldn't take our insurance so I had to pay $130 just for an regular appt and then they put him on 5 meds and those cost me $50 and that was with our prescription plan. So, my pockets are a lot lighter. I also had to run and get my grandson something for Valentine's Day (I got him $30 worth of Chuck E Cheese gift cards) and it looks like I have to have the garage door opener replaced! {{{Sigh}}}

I am so pooped, but I have to try and keep the house going and keep an eye on him and run the errands and cook too. Thank God we don't have kids or I would be in the loony bin by now.

Julie
LeeAnn

Kimmy: Good to see you again. Hope to see more of you!

Lee: Oh, how wonderful for you! I know you are just so excited you don't even mind all the packing!

Amanda: You are such a smart cookie, I know you will get it all evened out!

Carri: Good to hear from you! I know that ole job of yours keeps you super busy!

Julie: Hey, I didn't see you with the american olympic skaters, what happened???

Susan: I sometimes use Jack as an excuse too and have to chide myself for doing so.

Well gals, I need to go. I have bunches of stuff to get done this afternoon and a nap would be nice as Jack is finally zonked on the recliner from his meds kicking in.

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 05:32 PM   #43  

Don't you know? That's why Michelle Kwan dropped out! SHe heard Julie was skating!
Old 02-13-2006, 07:04 AM   #44  

Ohhh, you gals are soooo funny! Just you wait till this time next year and I'm kickin' all the other 40 year old begginer's butts all over the ice! Gold medals are so much shinier than white belts, don't you think Lee? Of course, I can't exactly wear them out in public...can I?

I did okay over the weeekend. Didn't journal as strictly as I did during the week, and I definitely noticed myself eating a bite here and a taste there. So, it's back to the paper and pen. What's my schedule for today?

9:30: ballet class
10:30: Figure ice
11:30-1:30 public ice
6:30-8 dance class

Think I need a few more calories today!!
Welcome back Kimmie--glad to hear you've been successful on your program

Everyone have a great day!
Julie
Old 02-13-2006, 07:18 AM   #45  

Hello again. Today I learned that I'm down a pound. After finding out that my scale was 5 pounds too light, though, it doesn't feel like much. Yesterday we had a great day out at the mall with the kids. Deanna's trying to walk now, so we got there just before it opened and let her follow Amelia around while holding her hand. It was a great day. We don't get family days (or go to the mall either) often, so I really went out of my way to enjoy it to the fullest.

It's snowing giant white fluffy flakes here today. Everything feels so serene and nice when you have a hot cup of coffee and you sit quietly looking out at it. - - But I have a cold cup of coffee and two kids who are cranky need naps. LOL!

Have a great day girls! I'm off to find serenity and to pack for our move.. YAY!

-Lee Ann