3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   A Few Good friends #13! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/73276-few-good-friends-13-a.html)

andreaphilip3 01-18-2006 01:17 AM

A Few Good friends #13!

Hello,this thread is for all of you that want to post daily with a great bunch of people. As we strive to obtain our weight loss goal we turn to each other for advice,support and motivation!! we also provide jokes,quotes giggles,a shoulder to cry on and a place to vent! I hope you all enjoy being apart of " A FEW GOOD FRIENDS"! Good Luck and Welcome!
come join us and make this the year you resolve to the weight!!!

Wide in Winnipeg 01-18-2006 01:37 AM

Hi Diane, I'm worried about me too cry: :stress: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tired: :tired: :tantrum: :tantrum: :stress: :cry:
Just not like me to be like this...I freaked out today and scared myself pretty bad,thank God Ryan wasn't around,the last thing I need is to scare my baby boy.
Hope all is better tomorrow.
G'night again ladies..

megsa 01-18-2006 02:57 AM

Greetings and Salutations all and sundry,

Another beautiful summer day here in sunny SA. Such a pleasure after last weeks (much needed) rain. We all do so much better when the sun is shining here!

Wendy - nothing worse than sticking to your plan and seeing no results. That really bums me out. Have you tried a different cardio? If I'm stuck and swop from stepper to bike, I tend to lose a bit. Also maybe take a week off from exercise. That worked for me last week after do nothing for nearly a month and then getting back into it.

After having to work yesterday, I'm once again sitting surfing the net. Joggie will be back some time this morning and then I'm sure that he will generate letters if no drawing. I've upped my points to 22 for this week (and felt yesterday as if all I did was eat!!) to see if I can lose and from this morining it feels as if I have. I will wait til Sunday to weigh just so as not to jinx anything! Must also start packing in earnest while I'm watching my late shows so that all the books will be ready for the move. Looking forward to being closer to work and being able to shop for furniture as well.

Enough rambling, let me go and find some work to do.

Meg

sweet_pea 01-18-2006 03:02 AM

hey all

had a quiet day still pretty tired. ate ok went for a short walk but still overtired going to bed early

talk to you all tmrw. hope you're feeling better soon wendy

sweet_pea 01-18-2006 03:05 AM

someone always posts at the same time as me LOL

hi meg. good luck with the move

LeslieFM 01-18-2006 06:04 AM

Good morning everybody....send all your wished for rain my way....

colaz 01-18-2006 11:26 AM

Morning ladies! Sorry I didn't check in lastnight. My appointment went really well, but I stayed in Mason for awhlie. Right when I got back I went to The Aeffect (a Christian gathering once a week group), and then we stayed there for awhile just talking to some people. I went to bed when I got back pretty late.

The appointment went well. I think I like my counselor. LOL, she seems to know more about me than I do. So, I'll be meeting with her again sometime next week. Well, today I have class from 12:30-3, but that is it! Pretty easy day. I really hope to lock myself in the library for a couple of hours and get some work done. We'll see...

Ok...where is everyone else??? Hello!!!!!

(((((((((((((((Wendy)))))))))))))))) What's going on? I really hope you are feeling better this morning. Did something happen? Just hang in there!

Diane, how are you doing this morning? Any better?

Meg, it sounds like you are doing really well! I bet that your weight will do very well! Keep up the good work!

Sweet, I really hope you have a better day today too! Sounds like you have a good start, and maybe you can get a nap in sometime today?

Leslie, lol keep your rain to yourself! hehe lol. JK

Wide in Winnipeg 01-18-2006 01:07 PM

:grouphug: Thanks

colaz 01-18-2006 02:16 PM

Are you doing better then Wendy? I emailed you.

Well, I'm in class right now and I'm pretty bored lol

andreaphilip3 01-18-2006 03:29 PM

wow quiert treound here today! hi meg, l;eslie...

wendy are u ok????(((((((((( )))))
hey tess! im glad all went well for ya!

i had a tough time at chiro.....just havin a tough time period.

colaz 01-18-2006 04:13 PM

Diane...I wish there was something I could do! :( You can get through this! We are here for you.

It is really quiet in here...HELLO! Girls????

Hmmmm...

Oh well. Right now I'm sitting in the library working on my story. I have a few hours before supper.

So far today I've done well. I had a bagel with creme cheese, a shake for lunch, and some grapes for a snack. After supper tonight I am going to go work out.

andreaphilip3 01-18-2006 05:24 PM

hi tess....
thank you! I need to snap out of it and back away from the food. am going to my ww group tomm so thatll hopefully help. (((((thanks)))))

Wide in Winnipeg 01-18-2006 05:48 PM

Hi Ladies, still feeling crabby:devil: I think I just need some time to go out and converse with adults other than my mom and dad.Maybe have a beer and play pool or something.Unfortunatly that won't happen tonight,but maybe over the weekend,if I can get a sitter. Just taking it day by day.
As for the diet thing,I'm going off for a spell,see if I can get myself motivated to start fresh on Monday. I will be checking in though!
W.

LeslieFM 01-18-2006 06:21 PM

ok, my pants are loose but the scale hasn't budged....sigh....I guess it is cuz I have been exercising.

I would keep rain to myself if we could get any. We are having a drought here and today they issued a severe grass fire hazard alert.....I just don't want houses burning down.

Sorry you are still feeling crabby Wendy, it is good to have somewhere to vent. I have a bunco group that meets once a month, that is my night out but it tends to center around food. I was really good last time and didn't drink any alcohol or eat any of the candy that was out, but I did have dessert.

I need to go exercise...I will check back later...

TATA

andreaphilip3 01-18-2006 07:32 PM

hi leslie sorry about the drought.....
hey wendy....girl ya not supposed to follow in my footsteps! lol(((((wendy))))) if u wanna talk, you knowwhere to reach me....

Wide in Winnipeg 01-18-2006 09:01 PM

Night

sweet_pea 01-18-2006 09:35 PM

hi all
i had to go out this morning and get my shoulder looked at. i've had some manipulation but it's still sore. i slept better last night but still have some catching up to do. foodwise i have fallen off the wagon. yday my eating was good today big pig out! oink. like Diane i need to back away from the food but once i've opened a pack of biscuits i find it hard to stop until they're all gone

Leslie - loose pants. oh i am jealous LOL. i don't think the scales are as important as the measurements and how you feel. have fun exercising. it has rained here today for the first time in weeks. you guys can have it. i prefer the sunshine LOL

hey wendy and diane. take care of yourselves and do something good for yourselves. a time out sounds good wendy. when you're overwhelmed it's hard to keep up with a diet so relaxing it a bit is good. just not as much as me and my packets of choc biscuits hehe

TESSA ~ thanks for your kind wishes. What type of counsellor are you seeing? How will she be helping you? and what sort of class do you do?

sweet_pea 01-18-2006 09:41 PM

here;s a question. does anyone know why joints click? mine have become especially clicky. i've started taking fishoil caps but it doesn't seem to be helping. it's not painful but they seem to click all the time. any thoughts?

andreaphilip3 01-18-2006 10:07 PM

hi sweetpea! i know i have the same prob w food.... ive reverted to bad habits very quickly! not sure why joints click....

colaz 01-18-2006 10:49 PM

Sweet, I have no idea bout the joint click thing. My knees do when I do one machine a bit...hmmm? I am going to a therapist. I've had issues with anxiety for awhile now, but started really battleing with some depression this past year. I am trying to see if talking to someone will help. My brother said it really helped! I'm going to a hospital's behavioral clinic (if that is what you mean). As for how she is going to be helping me. I've just had a few experiences in the past where my feelings project to other people that fit the description of what happened to me (does that make sense). For instance, when I was a junior in highschool a couple of guys tried to get into my car (one guy got the passenger door open). I drove away before they could do anything. Now I'm paranoid when I drive alone. There are a few things like that. I think we are just going to talk things like that through. I have trust issues also. I hope you are having a better day then!

Wendy, I really hope you have a good night! Get some sleep, and pretty soon the weekend will be here and you can let it all out! lol Hang in there!

Diane, I hope you also have a nice night. Hope tomorrow goes better htan this past week!

Leslie, sorry about the scale. THat is great though if your close feel loser! I know you have been working out more, so gaining mussle will stop some of the 'scale weight loss.' SO, keep up the good work!

Well, I had a wonderful workout! Actually, a good week so far! I worked out on the lifts (my legs today) for about 1/2 (200 calories about). Then I did 20 minutes on the stairmaster (whohooo! 150 calories). Lastly, I went on the eliptical glider thing for 30 minutes (320 calories). So...I ddi well today :)

Eating wise, I think good. I had the bagel this morning, for lunch a shake and some grapes. For supper I had an apple turnover (not so good, but yummy), some stirfry (it was too bland), a beef braeto thing, and a glass of milk. I also just finished a slimfast snack bar.

So, I'm hoping to head to bed here in a bit. Going to do some reading, and a friend is coming over in a little bit.

Have a good night all!

sweet_pea 01-19-2006 12:41 AM

hi again

i had a sleep for 2 hours (well 2 lots of 1 hour) and now feel slightly better altho i feel funny about food. nothing tastes good and i know i should eat a proper healthy dinner but instead i keep eating chocolate biscuits - and i'm not even enjoing them! i'm not even hungry. silly LOL

Tessa - therapy sounds good. CBT can be especially helpful for anxiety. I know what you mean about specific situations. I had a very frightening car accident where my car spun out of control and went off the road and through fences into a paddock in a gully. i kept having panic attacks while i was driving and was convinced every car was going to push me off the road, or the feeling of gravel under the wheel would trigger something. as i said before on the other thread the therapy with the best result is daily meditation. they tested monks who meditate for hours every day and found it rewires the brain so you react differently. if you can master meditation or even just sitting quietly and breathing fir a few mins each day it is worth doing it!

sweet_pea 01-19-2006 12:47 AM

tessa if you're interested i posted a link in the anxious annies thread to an anxiety newsletter you might find useful. about.com also do an anxiety disorders and depression newsletter.

jazy 01-19-2006 01:16 AM

Hey everyone,
I hope you havent forgotten about me yet!!
God i have been soooooooo busy.Between work and school I havent even had time to check in wit my girls. Sooo, anyone lose...Weight I mean!!LOL

Well, me I havent even had time to go to my WW meeting yet hopefully I will go on fri. or sat. I hate skipping a day but hey what can I do!!!

Diane- how are you !! How has your weigh in go? I hope eveything has been goign swell. Man do you have any tips on what to do when you get like the urge to eat some ""NOT TO GOOD FOR YOU"" Man I wasnt really hungry but, on last friday I just had the urge to eat these pita chips my mom had.That lasted like 30 mins untill I gave in.But , one i started I couldn't stop.. I was like a garbage disposale!!LOL
I never want to go through that again.The goood new is hat I got back on track.

Wendy- how are you doing !! Oh, why are you angry!! hope you get happy I heard it is supposed to be sunny on the weekend here in NY.Wait do you live in NY?

Hey tess- WHats up!! Hope school is treating you well and you are getting straight a's!!LOL!!! Whats new with that date froma while back!! HAve you spoke since the card game w/ the parents and him?

Good night ladies and stay strong the worst already passed the easy part is coming!!!

megsa 01-19-2006 01:57 AM

Hey jazy, glad to see you're doing well. Friday's are my dodgy day with regards eating. I'm trying to move on from the 'its weekend so I can eat what I like' mentality. Two weeks have gone by without too much falling off the wagon!

Sweet Pea - Your joints click because of air the moves as your joint moves. Not really anything to worry about. I have that as well as fairly stuffed knees that grate and grind when I move. This as a result of when I was studying after school and carried things that were too heavy on my back. My knees are out of alignment and are wearing away at the cartiladge. I found a really good supplement here that has herbs and things like tumeric in and it really helps. Not so good to already have oesteo-arthritis in your early 30's!!

Aside from the above, I'm doing well. Still feel like all I'm doing is eating, but my clothes seem looser today. WI is on Sunday am, so we'll have to wait until then.

Must go now and type as someone decided that I should work for my money!

Meg

sweet_pea 01-19-2006 05:00 AM

hey jazy nice to see you hear and sounding upbeat. i think availability is a big thing. if something is there in front of you you will eat it. i often have to hide things from myself or ask other people to hide them so i can not see them and be tempted :rofl:

thanks meg! i wondered what caused it. i also have dry eyes and mouth so thought it might all be related somehow? lack of fluid or something. i drink 2-3 litres of water everyday (that's a lot) and still feel thirsty. i will ask my doc about it. maybe it is linked to being prediabetic or it could be a side effect of meds. she says it isn't but according to the safety sheet i read thirst is a poss side effect

i shouted myself to a nice skirt yday for dancing and going nice places. i have been stingy and not buying any clothes as i wanted to wait until i lost weight but i decided i'm sick of looking frumpy so i bought a new pair of jeans and the skirt. i thought if i felt better about how i looked it might help me feel better about myself and then make it easier to diet.

also i found out i can get a couple of pairs of shoes stretched. since i've put on weight my feet have swollen so i don't wear mynice shoes. it sounded like a cheaper option and also it removes guilt. i hate the feeling of owning so much stuff i can't fit into ;)

oh no - you have to work for your money. how rude LOL. they should just be pleased to have your sunny face in their office.

off to the doc tmrw to talk to her about my sleep, nightmares and meds. will see how that goes

has anyone here made dietary changes and found that it has improved their mood, reduced anxiety or stress? i really would like to hear some success stories

megsa 01-19-2006 05:08 AM

Sweet Pea - (I had a friend in the UK that I called that) Have you had your sugar tested? The thirst is usually a big sign of diabetes, but you don't seem to be craving sweets, so maybe not... I would suggest getting one of the blood sugar measuring devices so that you can keep track of it yourself. My dad had type 2, and there is so much that is affected and the doctors never seem to tell you about! We only found out after he died that a diabetic doesn't have the same symptoms for a heart attack that a healthy (?) person has!! From my mom's side of the family we get an almost exagerated form of hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar) but it doesn't mean that we can't pick up diabetes either!! (Really didn't score well on the family health side - heart, cholesterol and sugar problems from both sides!!!)

My work is now finished and as it's nearly lunch, I'll get my book out and read!!

sweet_pea 01-19-2006 05:34 AM

i am prediabetic so i am at risk of diabetes. my last test 2 mths ago was still at the prediabetic stage not full blown diabetes

and yes i do crave sweets. i live for sweets. all types of sugars. i love fruits, alcohol (esp wine), chocolate, sweets etc etc. i am good at making sure i have veges as well and good quality protein and nuts and seeds but i still have an overbalance of sugar. and quite frankly unless i was on once of those fat farms that remove it from you i have difficulty resisting

the thirst isn't due to lack of saliva i just always feel thirsty. often the back of my throat feels dry so it may be in part related to my sinuses. i actually adore liquids like smoothies, milk shakes, juices etc as well as my water. i eat a lot of fudge because it melts in my mouth like a liquid. so yes tmrw i want to talk to her again about it and also about my other meds for sleep and anxiety

it's neat that you're in south africa because it means there is someone else awake same hours as me!!! and silverfern of course because she is a fellow kiwi. good to have someone to chat to when all the americans have gone to bed

i should go to bed now 11.30pm and i have already taken my pill!

what book are you reading meg. fiction?

sweet_pea 01-19-2006 05:35 AM

had to add. look at my name SWEETpea. because i like sweet things. and underneath it Where's the fudge dude? see i am a sugar fanatic ;)

LeslieFM 01-19-2006 06:20 AM

Good morning andrea, wendy, meg, tessa, sweet pea, diane, anyone else I don't know everyones name yet....:):):)

Tessa, your pic looks good. How tall are you? I want to get to about 150 eventually.

No weight loss this week, it is bumming me out....tell me it is because I grew some muscle...haha....

I didn't exercise last night, I watched American Idol instead. My eating was good yesterday, but I need to hit the exercise again today...sigh....It is my least favorite thing.

Pray that we get some rain here in central texas!!!!

colaz 01-19-2006 11:58 AM

Leslie, I am about 5'5 and 157 lbs right now. I'm not quite sure what my goal weight is right now, but I'm going to try to make it to 145 and see where I am at. Thank you! I used to be 220 pounds! I feel pretty good now.

Jaz, hey! I was wondering about you! lol...school. is going pretty good. I have a pretty easy semester so far, but my clinicals havn't started yet (when I spend time at the elementary school). Well, the 'date' with the guy awhile back went nice. When we were down there we spent a lot of time together. We went to Kareoke and hung out afterwords for awhile. Next day we played three games of pool, I went to a cocktail party with him, and we went out for oysters with my dad. Sense I've been back we've talked three times on the phone. Right now he is in Arizon...well, should have gotten back yesterday. If I don't hear from him before Monday or Tuesday of next week I'll give him a call. He said he would call me though. I wish he wasn't in SC though...grrr!

Sweet, that would be scary! I've never been in a car accident (knock on wood). Some things that have happened with people affected me that way too. I feel especially bad because of that, because I know most of them didn't do anything. I will check out that anxiety thread! Thanks!

Meg, your WI will go great! That is so great that you are feeling the results. Don't get discouraged quite yet if you don't see results! Keep up the good work!

Well, I had a hard time getting up this morning. I went to bed semi-early, and planned to get up around 9:00, but ended up sleeping until 10:30. I could have kept sleeping then too, but I made myself get up. I am planning on going to go workout in about an hour. I have my independent study today at 3:00, but that is all I have today!

Right now I'm working on some wheate cerial. I'll talk to you girls later!

andreaphilip3 01-19-2006 12:26 PM

good mornin guys!
hi leslie sorry bout no loss hang in there!

hi meg hi sweetpea how ya feelin today sweetpea? its hard when you eat when youre not even hungry i know ive been doin it too.

hi tess! i hope your therapy is useful. ive had frightening experiences too. good job on the diet keep goin!

hiya wendy! how ya doin?(actually i know how lol bc we are twins)

hi jaz!!!! im in such trouble w food. i think i pushed myself back over goal which means gotta start over but i lost my motivation. i keep watching biggest loser specials where couples and families have each other and im jealous cuz i have no one..... my mom just lets me eat she doesnt try to stop me:( im sorry you gave in to those chips but dont worry it ok.

Wide in Winnipeg 01-19-2006 12:52 PM

Hi,
Jaz~ I live in Winnipeg,Canada and we haven't seen the sun in a month! It's always cloudy out and it really sucks!
Diane~ I know what you mean about not having anyone to stop you from eating!! My own mother tries to sabatoge my diet!! She says "why are you trying to starve yourself??Your not fat!!" Well,to me I am fat! and I am trying my best to do something about it!

Today for breakfast I had 1 1/4 cup special K with 1/2 cup 0%FF milk and a banana.

andreaphilip3 01-19-2006 01:20 PM

hi wendy!!!!!
thanks...she doesnt sabatage but she doesnt stop me either and after watching the bl specials i see what teaming up can do and im jealous!!!!!

sweet_pea 01-19-2006 02:43 PM

hi everyone
will be back in a few hours
up early listening to a teleseminar on making my books a bestseller etc and then off to the doc. will be back later

Wide in Winnipeg 01-19-2006 02:46 PM

searching for~
Franci
Elangel-Elana
girlyorkie-Elyn
Sue67-Sue
supergrl379-Brooke
BrodyAmos-Jen
Do you girls want to help contact these ladies??? Maybe if we PM them they will return!!!

andreaphilip3 01-19-2006 04:05 PM

hi sweetpea! good luck at your appt!
hi wendy! i dont even know these ppl eccept for jen of course! i wish tif would come back also....

Wide in Winnipeg 01-19-2006 05:28 PM

all of these girls responded to our thread to welcome new members! I think we lost them in the weekly shuffle! lol They don't know where to find us!! I wonder what ever happened to Tiff??? Should we Pm her to??Yes! I think so!!

jas80 01-19-2006 05:39 PM

i've gotten into the (nasty bad) habit of weighing myself daily. and let's just say after what i saw today, i'm limiting it to once a week. up 3 lbs, i'm still exercising, eating good, so i don't know what the heck. i was so discouraged it was tempting to throw the scale out onto the pavement lol.

but other than that, been doing well. really enjoying turbo jam, and, amazingly, i've become a better cook with eating healthier. no more frozen and boxed stuff for dinner all the time!

good luck, ladies, and have a great day!

sweet_pea 01-19-2006 05:53 PM

oh no - we newbies scared them off LOL

well the apptmt with the doc was interesting. i got sent off for a batch of blood tests (yuck) and have a new antidepressant. i am going back on venlafaxine/effexor to see if that helps my anxiety and reduces nightmares. it takes 3 days to wash the old drugs out of my system and then i can start. i didn't tell her i didn't take my usual meds last night so i am already a day ahead :rofl: i'm supposed to cut back a little each day but i can't be bothered

get this - i drink TOO MUCh water. i drink 2-3 litres a day. she said thats excessive and i am probably putting too much burden on my kidneys when i regularly drink 3litres. so i have to cut back. that will be hard i love fluids. will help with the sleep tho as my bladder won't be urging me to get up so that's a plus

i'm with you guys i need someone to stop me eating. a couple of my friends are keen to help but my family are offended if i don't dig into all their roast chick and veges slathered in lard, or if i say i don't want fish n chips for dinner and want something healthier. they don't understand i'm not turning down them, just the food
. of course what i really need is someone to wire my jaw shut so i am forced to behave myself. altho i am thinking i could still have milkshakes?

diane i can relate. my ticker still says 82kg but i have gone back to 83kg so i have to start over too and it's desperately frustrating. esp as a lot of the time i thought i was eating better. my mistake was i thought this is healthy so i can tuck in and have as much as i want. doesn't work out that way

we've had series 1 of BL here but i haven't seen those specials. i think having a buddy would be a help but as we don't have real life ones we need to try and help each other here online. also i try to use journalling as if i am being a buddy to myself and counselling myself.make sense?

sweet_pea 01-19-2006 05:55 PM

hey jas well done on the healthy eating. turbo jam sounds fun. do you take your waist and hip measurements? sometimes that can get smaller even when the scales are increasing. esp if you are exercising a lot and adding muscle tone

guess i better change my ticker so it is correct :( i keep leaving it hoping i'll get back to 82kg. haven't weighed in for a couple of days. will try to remember to check weight tmrw