Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 02:23 PM   #16  
GmaTo8

Happy Birthday to You, Marti

Hope you're having a great day so far. Any speacial plans? My card to you will probably be late, since there was no mail moving Monday.

Kathy - I went from a smallish SUV back to a van after we got so many grandkids, lol. The insurance sure is cheaper on a van and I get really good gas milage. Mine is a cherry red Chrysler Town and Country.

Mindee - I thought all health offices gave you the first one free? What a rip off!

Jules - hiya

Susan - grrrr!!!!

Cristi - the clean linen candle is a really good scent. I even have the little one hanging on my rearview mirror in the van. So far, no mail has been returned, so I don't know where the heck it is. <sigh>

I had Caylin here today, and we did the Wally World thing. She talked me into buying a movie - Charlotte's Web. She didn't have to talk much, lol. I admit I'm a softie.

I had the BEST salad dressing on my turkey tortilla for lunch today. It's Newman's Own, Lighten Up, Light Honey Mustard. Yum, yum, yum!!! Plus, all the profits from his company go to educational and other charitable causes. Good deal all the way around.

Just for the record, I didn't cry yesterday.

Later,
Old 01-19-2006, 04:00 PM   #17  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Hello ladies....back again!

A little bored right now so had a couple of things I forgot to look up while online earlier. Did get the house straightened and vacuumed....love the look of a clean house. It's not spotless, but it is clean.

JANE...I miss having a mini-van. I love my Sante Fe but when I get another vehicle (maybe a few years) it will be another mini-van. Unless they get too weird looking. I hope it doesn't take long for the mail to get back to you. I had something returned and it took 2 months! Caylin has good taste! I like Charlottes Web. Bet she is getting big.

Anyway...hope you are having a wonderful birthday Marti!

Going to go ahead and wish MEL a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY too! since I won't be on tomorrow. Okay, the party last week through me so there were early bd wishes. Hope you are having a great time in AZ!

Hi again to everyone else

See ya Saturday, possibly Sunday. Have a good one ladies!
Old 01-19-2006, 07:34 PM   #18  
kitty Momo

Happy Birthday Marti

I didn't know it was your birthday, sorry! Great news on James - woo hoo. I bet that is a huge relief.

Where are you going Cristi?? I must have missed that! Rocky is a Head Custodian in one of the schools over there, 23 years. I am trying to get him to apply for the south of the big island or over in Kona. South has the cool black and green beaches - it is also kind of country and away from the tourist side of Kona. Kona I would love for WalMart.......lol - jk. it is really pretty there.

Shocking news is Mike is no longer employed - like that is a big shock. I knew he wouldn't last. Just when medical gets all in place for Gaby he quits - ding bat. I called the employer asking about her medical and she said "oh , he quit last month." I called CS and she goes "he has all month to pay his support."
I go........."he isn't working, he quit weeks ago."
She goes "I haven't gotten a notice on that."
I explained that I called on Gabys medical because I hadn't received a medical card yet and was told he had quit.
Oh, CS lady says that is harrassment,I can't be calling his employer it is in the policy.
blah - blah.
In my letter from the employer on medical coverage it said I could call if I had questions and I had a question. The workers attitude sucks. She said again we have our policy and I said "ya, and it favors the one who has to pay not the child."
I called her supervisor and he said I was right and would talk with the casewoker. If I take Gaby to the doctor thinking she has coverage and she doesn't it is me that will have to pay for it - not them or Mike. I have a right to know - not when some notice comes in weeks from now. BS!!
Caseworker goes on that I can always pursure the support on my own. No, I don't think so.......I am going to demand that your office work for my child - you are funded with tax money.
The CS office annoys me more than Mike........geez. Anyway, I made an appt with the supervisor. I want to talk with him face to face - I want him to know we are real people- we are not a case number.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 01-19-2006 at 07:48 PM.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:18 PM   #19  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Happy Birthday Marti
I'm glad that the good news came in time for your birthday. What a great present. Hope that you get to do something fun today.

Susan grrrr (((hugs))) to you. Can I phone the caseworker and yell at them for you? What are they thinking??? That is so great that Rocky will volunteer his time for kids that need it! What color of hair dye did you buy? My DD just bleached her beautiful auburn hair to blonde.

Jane (((hugs))) to you to. I am so glad that you didn't cry yesterday. Your van gets good gas mileage? That is why we need to buy something new. DH wants to get a firefly but I don't think that we could all fit into it. Did you sit and watch Charlotte's Web together when you got home? That is a good movie.

Cristi I was looking at a Santa Fe a few years ago, before we were going to buy something. How is that for gas mileage and can you fit 6 people into it? We usually only have 3 or 4 to drive around at once, but there is 6 of us on the weekends. (Pretty bad when the DD's boyfriend drives a nice new truck so we all go in his.)

Mindee, can you send some of your energy this way? Good job on the\workout.

Hi Jules. Does your friend teach classes on how to make candles? That would be a handy thing to know how to do. Although now everytime I light a candle, a little guy goes behind me to blow it out.

Hi to everyone else, must get the little one into bed.

Kathy
Old 01-20-2006, 01:28 AM   #20  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

kathy I can say you can't have 6 in a Santa Fe,,,Cristi and I have the same vehicle,,color and all.
5 max. I love mine,,,perfect for all my theatre stuff.

HAppy Birthday Marti ! what a wonderful gift from James employer.

Sorry for the typing,,,using Brandon's computer and hating it. Our computer is in the shop...Tanner killed with his game.

WI ,,lost 1.4 lbs...which is good,,gained too much over Christmas.
worried about work,,,not sure if they will fill the full time position. Really need the benefits. Play is goin g well..everyone is sick,,or getting sick,,,including me...sore throat.

Jane sorry to hear of Gina's Dad...hugs to her.

Hi to everyone else...sorry just can't type more with this keyboard.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:06 AM   #21  

Height: 5'1"

Thank you Ladies!!

I had a wonderful little birthday even though I had to work!

James went and bought me a cake, and candles. He put all 35 on there and lit it up. It looked like it was blazing! He made me breakfast, and had lunch ready for me to take to work and when I got home....the kitchen was sparkling clean!!

At work, only a few knew about it, and one girl who I work with told our supervisor it was my birthday and so he started singing and got the entire crowd singing.

So it was nice.

I'm very tired. I worked overtime and just got home so I'm going to head on to bed. I will check in tomorrow and try and catch up!

Once again, thank you for the Birthday wishes!
Old 01-20-2006, 08:03 AM   #22  
I'm a good girl, I am!

Susan The social services can be a pain. I REALLY HATE when men don't do their duty and support thier kids. This is why my GD had the problems with the teeth. OUr county has NO Dentist to fix teeth......and supposedly because my son is incarcerated the mom can't get any $$ for help either......I don't know if I believe that one but............thanks Cristi and Luckycharm for your well wishes for my GD......as it turned out she is going to have to have that one tooth removed and a few fillings but that is ok..........the health department dentist said she needed 5 crowns which turned out to be untrue

Janethanks for the positive feed back........I'm on track this week!!! Had lemon shrimp pasta lean cuisine for dinner last night and it was REALLY good!!!

Marti I do income taxes for .........hum..........am i allowed to say??? H&R Block. It usually runs smoother than this but our office is considered to be 'the redheaded step children'. OUr supervisor of many years moved to another state and so we have a whimpy boss lady............she is NOT fighting for our "stuff".........so I'm just frustrated with all that we DO NOT have..........oh well............

my poor son has gone now 2x's to try for his license.......he has failed both times. we go back on Mon. he is sooooooooo sad.......this is my baby and my other 3 made it without a problem.........He just forgets to use his turn signals and this last time he hit a cone while trying to park........he would have passed but that disqualified him POOR BABE........I really want him to get a license.........I"M NOT BUYING A bigger car for my grandkids......I'm getting a sports car so NO ONE can ride with me ;D......my son made a part in the play the wizard of oz. If anyone here knew my son they would be shocked. i didn't even know he could sing and he is the quiet, silent, nerdy computer guy............
Old 01-20-2006, 08:32 AM   #23  
ugggg.....

Happy Birthday Marti!!!! What a great guy you have! Enjoy your day...

Jane--I have the Yankee Candle Fresh Linen car freshener in my car too. I like Bath & Body Candles too.

Cristi--I can't wait for spring cleaning--during the winter months when we get home late and hubby can't work in the garage, I have all these car & motorcycle catalogs & magazines piled high everywhere you look!! I can't dare move one or I will lose what he has found!!

Susan--the worst part about my dd's ill-fated marriage was that she went off our medical which we could have kept her on until she was up to 24 and enrolled in college--now she is sick and without medical coverage--she goes to college full time so she can't work a full-time job and get benefits--I told her to apply for a medical card until we can see if we can have approval to put her back on ours in July

Kathy--I should suggest the candle making class--she stopped in to see her mom & dad who work at the same place I do yesterday. She says her three newest scents are pear glace (for my son's request for a pear scent other that pearberry which she made for my daughter), monkey farts--combo of banana & coconut, and sex on the beach.

Angie--I am sitting hear drinking my coffee and my fingers are not quite working either and I have to keep fixing my mistakes

Christine--My daughter failed the written test for her dl twice and went out crying both times--the third times the charm!!

Going to do my Slim-n-tone workout, then back for a shower and off to pick up my dd to take her to her one class today--It's only an hour and the little university town has some really cute shops--I am going to have a cup of tea at this one restaurant that is decorated with deep rich colors and alot of silk and detail. They have a whole several page menu on just their teas. I never knew there were so many. Then it looks like we are coming back to the house to help DH start tearing her car apart.
After switching from coke to water, I lost 9 pounds in two weeks and last weekend I started the Sonoma Diet and stepped up my workout only to weigh in this week at a zero loss. Not on my monthly so that isn't the blame....
Old 01-20-2006, 12:35 PM   #24  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Cristi - Katie got all of her mail yesterday after all! I was relieved to hear that. When she called, she had a mouthful of the Reese cup dessert I sent, lol. Hope you're having a good weekend.

Susan - sorry for you problems with the CS! At least the manager took your side. You're a smart cookie to go in face-to-face.

Kathy - aww, thank you for your kind words. I'm doing much better. My blond DD wants to go red! I like red hair just fine, but her hair is a beautiful, natural honey blond, and why she wants to mess with that is beyond me, lol. I like the movie Charlotte's Web, too, and I let Caylin take it home to keep and watch with her family.

Angie - YAY for the 1.4 pounds down!!! Hope you're feeling better today.

Marti - glad to hear you had a great birthday. 35? It's all downhill from now, lol. JK!!!

Christine - I laughed at what you said about the sports car, lol. YAY for your son getting picked for OZ. Katie was so nervous that she failed her written test the 1st time she took it, and was devastated. She went back and got 100%, but was worried that she wouldn't pass. The lady at the DMV said we wouldn't believe how many kids fail the first couple of times. Made Katie feel better.

Jules - have a good time at "tea" today. Sounds very nice and relaxing. I think you didn't lose this week because your body is still trying to adjust to last week's loss. Just keep doing the right thing, and I think you'll catch up with a nice loss next time.

I'm doing well with the food. Ever since we brought the scales in from the cold porch, it hasn't been stabilized. The floors in this old house are so wonky, that a person can get on and off 2 or 3 times and get 2 or 3 totally different weights! But I can tell from my clothes that I'm doing pretty good.

I went to a new stylist today since mine couldn't work me in, and I really like my hair! It's quite a bit shorter, but she used a richer color that really gives me some vibrance. I made another appointment for next time.

Have a good one and I'll chat with you later.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:07 PM   #25  
kitty Momo

Congrats on the 1.4 pounds Angie

You had the firemen there for your birthday Marti?? lol I don't think I remember 35........ I am glad you had James there and all that worked out with his job!

I got my drivers license on the 3rd try - lol My first husband taught me and I took the test during the Christmas holiday - lol Couldn't merge on the freeway

Yay to Katie! I am glad she is doing so well. Hi to everyone!! grrrrrrrr - have people at the door!! what a pain.....

Yes, I will give you CS number Kathy! lol She goes by Mrs which tells me a lot about her!! lol

oh - Rocky was looking at wedding rings last night. He was telling me that last night and I was blushing. I haven't walked all week and I ate process cheese this morning! lol
Old 01-20-2006, 02:30 PM   #26  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Hi ladies...

Change of plans for the day, bummer. DS and I had the day planned to go to the mall, have lunch and go to the bookstore. He was going to take the day off because they have been slow all week and they asked for volunteers to not come in. So...everyone beat him to it so he couldn't get the day off. Oh well, he does have Monday & Tuesday off so maybe we can do it then.

SUSAN...no wasn't going anywhere, just was going to be gone most of the day today. I don't normally get on the computer in the evening, just once in a while. Same as with the weekend. V was going to be home tomorrow so was going to spend the day with him, of course that has since changed too! So sorry about CS! Jeez, it kills me that they favor the one who is supposed to be paying! What is wrong with that picture?! You're making me want to visit Hawaii!

KATHY...as Angie said nope, can't fit 6 in the Sante Fe. I got mine Sept. 2004 because I wanted something smaller. Had a mini-van the last four vehicles before that. The most I've had in there at a time is 3 people, we hardly ever go anywhere together...everyone does their own thing and the boys have their own car/truck. I think it's actually pushing it to fit three adults in the back. But it's built for 5. I had wanted something smaller for sometime, I don't have kids to run around anymore, so it's perfect for me, and three other people, lol! Plus there's plenty of room to haul stuff if I had to, nothing real big though. But I do miss having a mini-van. I don't know though, I say I want another but I'm really not sure I would ever go back to one. Gas mileage is pretty good, I think it is 24 miles to the gallon??? Can't remember...V had it figured out for me at one time. What is a Firefly, who makes it?

JANE...glad Katie received the letters/goodies. Bet that made her day! I swear i will never figure out the USPS! I just made a visit there. Wish I had known they had some of the new 39 cent stamps, new designs. I bought two of the new love stamps-love birds...but I already have my valentine's ready to be mailed. Trying to get rid of those 37 cent ones anyway. Have way too many! Isaw that commercial last night, the one with the song...almost made me cry thinking about you missing Katie and me missing Josh!

CHRISTINE...LOL, like that one! I had a camaro once and that was sporty enough for me. The kids were little and had to go to something bigger, but I loved that car! I am scared to death of tiny little cars! Speaking of those, camaro's that is...I just saw a pic of the new ones and eeeewww! They don't look anything like a camaro. Glad DGD didn't have to have 5 crowns!

MARTI...glad you had a nice birthday! Yeppers, as Jane said, it's all down hill now! And I too am kidding. Oh to be 35 again! Okay, maybe not having to live through that time (it was 3 years after DH#1 passed), but just to be that age. But I must say, 46 isn't so bad. Not sure what a 46-year-old is supposed to feel like, but I don't feel it! And DD keeps thinking I was born in 1969...sounds good to me!

ANGIE...WTG on the loss this week! I forget that we have the same car, right down to the same color! Hope you get to feeling better, and your family also.

JULES...wow, WTG on the 9 pound loss! You may have not lost on the first week of the Sonoma diet but the 9 lb. loss in two weeks is awesome!

Hi to everyone else!

Well, ladies I am going to do a little bit of lurking, and maybe posting and then go find something to do since my plans changed for the day. Take care and have a good weekend!
Old 01-20-2006, 03:09 PM   #27  
kitty Momo

Congrats on the 9 pounds Jules!!!!

Sorry I missed that earlier!!

Hi Cristi - glad you are around.......doing inspection follow up letters - half way done - grrrrrr........better get busy!
Old 01-20-2006, 06:55 PM   #28  

Height: 5'1"

Hello gals!

Sitting here w/my hair in rollers. Thinking "SO glad it's FRIDAY!"

Cristi--You know, what does an age suppose to feel like? I don't feel any older than I did when I was in my early 20's. And I know I embarass my daughter for my goofyness all the time. If I feel this way until the end of my days....I think I'll be happy forever! As for warmer weather, I'm so looking forward to it. I want to enjoy it more than I have in the past. Time for some changes.

Jane--I keep telling James that I want to go in and get a hair style done...the works...cut and color. But for some reason I'm scared. You never know what someone could do to your hair if you give them full access to do whatever. But one of these days I"m going to just go for it. I may like it and wonder "why did I wait so long????" Glad that Katie got your package. I'm sure she's missing just as much as you miss her.

Christine--It took me twice to get my license. I was doing just fine and when the lady asked me to merge into the next lane, there was a car in my blind spot and I thought she was going to have a heart attack! The car was honking like crazy and the instructor was yelling! I just about died of embarrassment. I was thankful that I had a completely different woman the next time! I don't think I would ever want your job! It looks too stressful! W/my job, I work w/patients specimens, that's stressful enough, but I don't have to ever see them. Having someone in front of me would be hectic.

Susan--Mike MUST have some connections w/the services to always have them on his side. The woman sounds uncaring, if only she were to experience what you're going through! Maybe you should change jobs and work that job so you can get things in order! I want to see photos of these rings that Rocky was looking at! How sweet! (so glad you have him to lean on when you have to deal w/Mike)

Jules--Amazing! 9lbs in 2weeks! You're doing a fabulous job. Been meaning to ask...what is a slim-n-tone workout? Is that a video or is that a class you're taking? I'm so ready to get my body moving. I want to be in better shape for the warmer weather.....heck for the rest of my life. Time to kick my butt and get in gear!

Angie--You poor thing! You seem to be sick a lot. You would think that your boys were in elementry school and that they brought it home all the time. You need to slow down more and relax! I'm might have to just come up there to Canada and become your "mother" "Angie dear, sit and rest, I don't want you to over do it. You'll never get well, here honey, drink some tea....."

Kathy--I've wanted to make candles too. But then, I watched some friends making some at home and thought "this is too messy!" But they turned out beautiful! So I figured, they can make the candles and I'll light them!

Hello to everyone I've missed and I know I have.....Katy, Katie, Mindee, EM, and all the others! I will catch up more later on. I need to go and take the rollers out of my hair and see if I need to throw water on it if it's too out of control!

Hugs to all!
Old 01-21-2006, 08:38 AM   #29  
ugggg.....

The Slim-N-Tone workout I do is a Curves type gym affiliated with NutriSystem. I thought about doing the Nutri-System but it's all prepackaged foods, the cost is high to have to also buy groceries for DH meals becaused I would still have to feed my hubby (who would also like to lose a few pounds) so in reading about the Sonoma Diet, I thought that I would try it with DH doing the same with bigger portions. I really think the weightloss was from the change is giving the drinking of too many regular Cokes and switching to water. So maybe my body already had the reduced calorie shock that the others doing Sonoma had with the first 10 day more restricted menu.

DD and I had lunch instead of my going to the tea shop, I ran a few errands and then we went to a little restaurant that her and her friend love. She started with a cheese & spinach dip with pita bread ( I did have a couple) and then she had veggie lasanga and I had a sandwich with grilled portabello mushrooms, roasted red peppers and spinach. Both were really good!! I had an unsweetened ice tea instead of a Coke.

We took DH some lunch home since he was working on her car, the head gasket was bad but the heads were okay which he tells me was good. He is going ahead and changing the two final hoses that haven't been replaced and a water pump just to make him feel better. He is still getting the Honda Accord from his friend. MY DH is 6'2'' and likes to drive a big boat of a car. He currently has a big Cadillac with the biggest engine they make and DD & I had driving it, especially on the back country roads that we live on. It also is a gas hog, which is why we drive my little Toyota to work and mostly everywhere else.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:32 AM   #30  
GmaTo8

Good Saturday morning to you!

Susan - ooooo... wedding rings! How exciting! Let's hope Rocky has good taste. Wait! We already know he does since he picked you for his bride.

Marti - go for it with the hair, if you know of a stylist you can trust. Mine new stylist came highly recommended by my good buddy Kathy. She and her DD both go to this one. Sometimes a new color or style is just what we need to get out of a rut. Mine is too short, though, but I love the color.

Cristi - I know you haven't checked in since my last post but I just have to tell you this. I found the PERFECT job for you! Too bad it's in Florida, and you're not. Katie was reading the Cast Members newsletter, and ran across an article that said they're now accepting applications at The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique! Wouldn't you just love to work there? I know I would! I even like to say the name, lol.

Jules - glad you enjoyed the lunch with your DD. Sounds like some pretty good food!

Today is Macy's birthday party, and I asked Gina if it was okay if I bring a WW lemonade cake along. She said sure, since so many of us are counting points, calories, etc. Gotta do what ya gotta do, right???

Gotta run....
Closed Thread