Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2001, 09:33 AM   #1  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default Computer cows

Wabby, I wasn't ignoring you. I broke my computer chair with my big fat you-know-what.

Also, I'm too dull to talk. School started. I'm exhausted. Herbie has gone to Tennessee. Blah. Blah. Don't you wish I'd shut up already.

I'm going to take a nap. This IS my day off so if anyone posted I might notice.

Yawn.
Old 08-09-2001, 12:06 PM   #2  
Member w/ messiest house

Default True enough

Don't we get to hear about California? Did you get any movie offers?

My life is pretty dull, too. We are going sailing again this weekend. I should be thrilled I guess. At least it will be cooler.

One of my very few real-life-friends has sold her house and will be moving in a month. That pretty much leaves me with you guys.

Kiwi
Old 08-09-2001, 02:04 PM   #3  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default California

all's I saw was the motel room, the house of Herbie's brother and a store or two. I bought nothing. I did not have agood time. I have a bad attitude about it all.

He lives in this town that's zoned for horses. People have horses in their tiny California yards. The horses can barely move. The sides of streets are horse paths and have horse poop to prove it. A non-horsie rider may be ticketed for using these paths. I saw maybe one horse actually walking down the paths.

The motel was a well known name but crumby. They propped our door open to clean the carpet and left it that way til we came home at 11 pm. They deducted the day's rent because we complained.

Herbie's bro and sil are sweet. His niece is possibly a maniac. His nephew is smarmy. We only ate out once.
Old 08-09-2001, 02:54 PM   #4  
fatter than U

Talking Peeeeeeches!

You're back. California may have been dull but at least you went somewhere.

School started today. I got no sleep last night. Blame it on the cup of coffee I had at 11 a.m. I'm so sensitive.

Ooooh! Stevie just sent me an e mail. Gotta go read it.

Then I will exercise.
Old 08-09-2001, 02:55 PM   #5  

Default Peaches!

I knew you weren't ignoring me. I thought maybe you were ignoring everybody else here.

You've just experienced the Family Vacation. Wasn't it fun??? Its the vacation where you travel clear across the country so that you can hang out in someones living room and see as little of the surrounding country as possible.

I have nothing to say either, Cowsies. It's hot here today and I'm grumpy. Thats about it.

Sorry you're losing your 3D friend Kiwi. They're hard to find. Even after living in the same place for 20 something years, I feel like I have a shortage of really good drop-in-anytime-and-feel-comfortable friends.
Old 08-09-2001, 06:14 PM   #6  

Default This is sad

Remember the new Dr. I went to on monday? Well apparently she died monday evening. I don't have any idea how - they just told me at the pharmacy when I went to fill the prescriptions she gave me. She was only 49 yrs old.
Old 08-10-2001, 09:33 AM   #7  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default I am so sick

and I want sympathy. Herbie is not here to pat my forehead but I just talked to him and if he WERE HERE, he'd be feeding me tomato juice and soda crackers for my tummy. Yuckoooooooooo.

Wabby, that is sad. My California friend got married by picking out and interviewing preachers. She didn't go to church and have one already. She picked out a woman who did a very nice job.

Next day, the friend's mom called to say she could get out of the marriage if she wanted because she preacher had been murdered before signing the marriage certificate. She was killed by a young woman dressed like a man. The preacher lived with a woman. The murderess was killed when she crashed her car running from police.

I'm going back to lie down. I'll be back later to see my sympathy posts.
Old 08-10-2001, 11:00 AM   #8  
fatter than U

Unhappy too much illness and death!

Good heavens, Wabby! What a shock for everyone concerned.

And GET WELL SOON, Peachers. Did someone slip you a bad burger?

We know someone, who shall remain nameless to protect the innocent, whose sister was stabbed to death by her boyfriend (both of them in their late 40's)who then buried her in the garden. When the police finally found her he said it was an "accident".

Poor you, Kiwi. Good 3D friends are hard to find. Just look at me. The lady lawyer and I are having tea next week. She's the only nice person in this whole town, 'sides me, of course.
Old 08-10-2001, 02:03 PM   #9  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Strange days

Poor Peachie--I sure hope you feel better soon. I will have a bicarb in your honor.

That is really disturbing, Wabbit. The police haven't called you in for questioning, have they? (Just kidding) It doesn't seem possible for someone to be seeing patients one minute and keel over the next. And on a purely selfish note, now you have to go find another doctor (Oh come on, I know you were thinking that too)

Just because of Peaches' creepy story, I will add that the minister that married us was run out of town not long afterward. He was a wino and bounced checks at local stores. We actually went to the town office to check if our marriage license was valid.

DD's play is this evening. My video camera is on the blink and I won't get any pics of her probably unless I can convince DH to bring his camera (my still camera is also broken). We are rushing out of town after the play to go to the sailboat for the weekend. Apparently it would kill us to wait until morning to drive down there.

Tata folks. Yes, Sugar, I am jealous of your new friend. How's Steve?

Kiwi
Old 08-10-2001, 07:28 PM   #10  

Default The story

This so bizarre. The doctor went home on monday (I saw her at noon on monday) and shot herself. Her husband found her. I just can't believe someone who was so together and compassionate could just go home and do that. She told me to come back for a recheck in 2 weeks! How can you do that when you know you plan on not being here by dusk?

I'm going to go watch my DH race his car. I need some mindless diversion. Life is so strange.

And, yes, Kiwi, selfcentered sap that I am, I did think of that. So somebody slap me.
Closed Thread