Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 09:32 AM   #16  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Ramona ~ It breaks my heart hearing what you and your family are going through. I wish there was more I could do for you all other than pray.
As for running for office...I'd just say that you have to follow your heart and do what you think is best for you and your family. I wish you the best in whatever you decide.

The sun is out here today and it's supposed to be in the 50's! That's crazy for us in the middle of January, but I'm not complaining! I'm going to do my best to get outside at least for a little while this afternoon and enjoy the weather!
Old 01-12-2006, 09:51 AM   #17  
Losing it!

Ramona, if you feel passionate about it, then do it! Funds will be available to you if it is meant to be. You need something to spark that fire in you once again and maybe this is just the ticket!
I'm sorry to hear of Dan's suffering....he is thought of daily here and prayers continue to be sent.

Cheryl, I didn't realize you suffered from depression and had moments of anger. If the meds work, I say continue them and don't worry about what others think. Know you can ALWAYS come here and vent, we love you unconditionally.

Suzy, it has been really mild here this winter compared to in the past. We are having some days in the high 50's, low 60's! It snowed on Monday with freezing temps, by Wednesday it was 59! I'm not complaining though... LOL!

Dee, you mentioned Hospice in one of your postings. I had to take a leave, in fact I haven't been involved since mom's heart attack last March. I have too many things going on between the care of mom, family and trying to work part time. I would love to get back with it, but at this time I know deep in my heart I couldn't devote the time or energy needed.
I hope Dez's butt is feeling better today! LOL! Give her a big ol' hug from me!

Sher, I hope things are going better for you since you found out the test results. We love you here and miss you when your gone!

Shelley, did you guys ever have the cold like you expected?
Old 01-12-2006, 12:35 PM   #18  
Losing it!

I tried a new recipe out last night and I was pleased with it. Thought I would share!!!

The original recipe was for sweet & sour chicken, but I used center cut lean pork chops.

Place pork chops into bottom of crockpot, use 1/2 package of dry onion soup mix, sprinkle over chops. Pour 1/2 bottle of Kraft FF Catalina dressing over the top. Then add approx. 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce on top of everything else. Cook on high around 8 hours.
****Shelley, you could probably do low for 10 hours.
Midway through cooking, I stirred the mixure once or twice.
I served this to the rest of the family using WW pasta, I ended up eating mine over the top of a serving of brown rice I had leftover.
It isn't as sweet as it sounds!!
Old 01-12-2006, 12:52 PM   #19  
Losing it!

I'm so excited!!!!! I invited a very dear cousin of mine to join the group! I gave her the address and told her to check us out! She needs support and I KNOW you girls have tons of support to offer! She is going to let me know if she will be joining the group.

Bev, if your looking...your at the right place!!!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Old 01-12-2006, 02:51 PM   #20  

Just popping in to say hi to everyone. I am so happy to see lots of posts to read. I can't believe that we are on the second page and I haven't even posted.

It has been busy taking care of Dez. She was doing better the day after surgery but yesterday and today she is really sore. She thankfully is resting in bed with a boy! Yes I am thankful for that. Can you believe that? I wouldn't have been saying that last year! They are watching a movie so I a have some free time.

Ramona I think that you should go for it. Being from a small town I know how much your frespected amily has an influence. Go for it, if you think that you have the time to do a good job. Funding will come through.
Dan is in my prayers.

Gayle your recipe sounds good. I just put some chicken in the crock pot with a honey garlic sauce. Had I read this post sooner I would have tried your recipe.
To Gayle's cousin, BEV come and join us. We would love to have you.

Cheryl I understand depression very well. Dez was hospitalized for it and battles with it. I have also had mild cases of depression due to SAD and also due to dealing with my health issues. Medication sucks but if it makes you a better person do it.

Suzy we are still having mild weather too! I am quickly trying to post this so I can get outside while the sun is shinning and Dez is entertained. We have even had rain twice this week.

Shelley my sister Gail emailed me today and she is happy with the weather. She said that it was a high of 80 today. They are having a great time. She has not been able to afford a vacation so this is a big treat for her.

Sherry how are you doing? Still on program? I know when you set your mind to it you just give it. I am doing much better now that Dez is home and that TOM is over. I just need to remind myself when I want something that I shouldn't have "Is this as good as being thin?"

I hope the rest of you girls are having a good day.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:49 AM   #21  

Gayle-Your recipe sounds really good. I might try it. I just received the TurnAround Cookbook. I ordered it online. I haven't had a chance to look through it, but it is supposed to be a great Core book. I really want to go get that other crockpot. I might do it today after I'm done going around with Patty. Today is her birthday and she takes the driving test. We have the insurance, tag and her car--so all she needs now is the license. I am so nervous because she is planning on being out until 9 tonight after she brings me back home. Maybe that's why I have been getting the hives.

Dee-I am glad that Dez is on the way to complete recovery for her booty.
It is supposed to get cooler again this weekend.

Bev-Come on over, we are always happy to add another Floozie!
Old 01-13-2006, 03:43 PM   #22  

Shelley wish Patty Happy Birthday from a Canadian Chickie! Wow I remember when Jay started to drive I was very nervous. Everytime he left home I watched him leave and hoped that everything would be ok. It is possible to get hives from stress. Maybe that is why the hives. I am sure that Patty will be careful driving. Fortuanately she does not have to deal with ice and snow road conditions.

Thanks for the well wishes for Dez. She is sick with a cold flu now and it is taking a lot out of her. She is very sore on the bottom, I actually thought that by today she would be a bit better.

I would like to try the core plan but I am not sure if it would work for me. I am not a big eatter so I feel full on just a half a cup of food. Do you think that I would get enough calories? Counting points I make it to 20 but sometimes that is hard to do especially now that I am not eatting desserts except once a week. It might be easier for me to follow core in Mexico. What do you think?
Old 01-13-2006, 05:02 PM   #23  

Hello

I'm still OP and doing great!!! I can't wait to weigh-in Monday!!

Shelley...I thought of Patty this morning! Remember her & Drew share the same birthday! He's 18 today! I can't believe my "baby" is 18!!! OMG! Where does the time go? Patty will do fine tonight. I remember those first few months of Chris & Drew driving the first time! I still can't sleep until Drew is in the house!! Tell Patty I said HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Got to go get Wayne at work (still car pooling! )
Old 01-13-2006, 05:29 PM   #24  

Sherry your children are adults now. How does that feel? Say Happy birthday to Drew for me. Are you making his favorite dinner tonight or is he busy with his friends?I was sad when Dez turned 18. I am so proud of you for being on program all week. You are doing great. Can't wait to see what your weigh in is on monday.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:11 PM   #25  

Sherry-I forgot it was Drew's birthday too!! Wish him a happy birthday from me!

Gayle-Thanks for the card for Patty. She whizzed through her driving test, we went to get her a checking account and debit card, get her car washed, over to Grandma and Grandpa's to show them the car, and then she was off to pickup her friends from school and have a late lunch at Smokey Bones with them. She called me twice. I made her promise not to use her phone while driving for this first week.

Dee-I didn't realize that you aren't a big eater. I wish I was that way. I am a volume eater and need to fill my stomach up to expansion. That's why I depend so much on lettuce. I think you could make core work for you by having more things like oatmeal, barley, and other healthy carbs that are allowed. Remember, points aren't counted, so you don't even need to think about whether you reach 20 points per day. You don't need to lose anymore weight though, do you? You are the same weight as me now. I am content to be in a size 4 or 6, though I always complain about feeling and looking fat anyway. Aren't you about the same size? Just be careful and don't get too thin. You are younger than me and it probably won't show in your face like it does in mine, but be careful!
Old 01-13-2006, 10:17 PM   #26  
Losing it!

Dee, I would say give core a chance if you like pasta, potatoes, lean cuts of meat etc. I like the fact I am no longer weighing and measuring out portions. I am also learning to listen to my body better to get a sense of when I am actually satisfied and can quit eating. I'm like Shelley though...I am a volume eater too. I don't think I could eat 1/2 cup of something and be full. I am making CORE meals and the family is eating them, this would of never happened at our home if we were counting points.

My gosh! LITTLE Drew is 18!!!!!!! Yikes, all of a sudden I feel very old! I think he was around 11-12 when we started visiting! Good luck on weigh-in Sher! My weigh-in day is Monday too.

Shelley, sounds like you had a very busy day! I bet Patty is so excited!

Okay....cousin B........come out and play!!!!
Old 01-14-2006, 06:20 AM   #27  

Gayle-I need some more of your recipes. Anything else exciting you've had (and Core friendly)that I can make in my new crockpot? Preferably with either whole chicken or breasts (bone in), beef, and pork. Everything seems to taste the same. I'm hoping the new crockpot helps. I'm not sure how to adapt recipes to crockpot from the Turnaround cookbook. I'm going to try your pork recipe next week after grocery shopping.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:21 AM   #28  
Losing it!

Shelley, I use mine alot to just cook my chicken, beef etc. so when I get home I can chunk the chicken etc. to use in stir fry and such. I look on the WW core thread for crock pot recipes, many can be found. I do have a very good chil recipe to be made in the crockpot. It is similar to Wendys chili. If you want the recipe, just shout.

If I disappear for a day or two, don't worry. We are having internet provider problems so we have been off & on with access. If I'm gone then you know I just can't get onto the net.

WISHING EVERYONE A FANTASTIC WEEKEND!
Old 01-15-2006, 05:45 AM   #29  

Thanks, Gayle. I look on the site too, I just didn't know if you had any others. I just ordered the Cooking Light magazine, so that should give me some also. The beef stew I made yesterday turned out wonderful. The only problem is, I had cornbread with it and ate 4 pieces! I'm such a pig.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:10 AM   #30  
Losing it!

I love the cooking light magazine!!! Many of the recipes can be adapted to core. The more I stay with it, the happier I am with core. I am preparing meals all the family will eat! The only things I need to watch are rice & beans, if I want to use those or add to a recipe, I just add to my serving or I make WW pasta for the others. Steve is even "bewildered" he is eating so well and losing as he goes. He is not doing core as strict as I am, but he is making an effort. I have weigh-in tomorrow, I'm getting excited to see the scale, I have been checking every day but will go with tomorrows weigh-in amount.
Shelley, I made some yummy potatoes last night! I cubed some potatoes and tossed them in a gallon size ziplock bag, I then drizzled 3t. olive oil over the top, closed the bag and tossed to coat, then I added 1/2 a package of the dry onion soup mix, closed and tossed again. I dumped out onto a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray, I then sprinkled lightly with season salt and tossed in a 400 oven for 20 minutes. Stir after 20 and then bake an addition 15-20 minutes. YUM-O!!!
My "diet" meal last night was: A grilled filet steak, the potatoes and french cut green beans.
Closed Thread