Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 01:46 AM   #1  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Default Chit Chat and Weigh Loss #181

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies thread to anyone reading this!

We are a supportive and caring bunch of ladies who share our journey with weight loss, as well as our everyday lives. So feel free to pull up a chair and join us.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:00 AM   #2  
Give me strength

oh gawd Susan,,,,can't have us melting! So why did Rochelle pull the fire alarm? Is she being a middle child?

Ellen, love the poem...going to have to print that one.

Well its close to midnight,,,I get to sleep in! Im excited,,,Tanner is off at band camp *fingers crossed* he stays away from the flute players.

Tonights show was good,,,I think I may have the magicians rope trick figured out. I had a really awesome compliment tonight, a singer that Ive never met before was struggling with her hair,,I asked her if I could help...she asked if I was a professional hair dresser,,,nope I sell beer I tell her. Well she didn't want me doing her hair...lol go figure right? So anyways a couple of ladies I have worked with before come into the room,,,got excited asking if I had time to just give them the finishing touches. Sure...so we are all talking and one of them asked me if last years show Iolanthe would go down as my hairiest play...the singer turns to me asks if I was in it...no I designed, made and did each fairies hair, makeup and wings. She freaked,,,said it was her favorite play cause of how each woman looked so totally different. I made her BEG to do her hair...lol I don't blame her for not wanting me to do her hair,,,I look spooky,,,went there with wet hair so its all frizzy and no makeup,,,my eyes are so itchy no point in putting anything on it.

Well better get to bed,,,any plans for tomorrow?
Old 04-22-2006, 05:13 AM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies....

It was my early day today and no Jhanai this weekend. She decided that she wanted to help out a girl and babysit while she moved. Very sweet of her so I can't be too sad about it.

Terrible thing.....I have to wait another week until I switch my hours. Something called "lack of communication" amongst the leads. Ticked me off but what can I do?? I did have a choice, but I didn't want to look like the bad guy and have people hang their problems on me....so one more week won't kill me.

Welcome to our new comers!! Kimberly, JoAnne, and Moodymom. So happy to have you join us. Love how you just hopped right in and started chatting! That's the way I like it! You'll all fit right in.

Well girls....I thought I would be able to catch up once I got home, but you know....there is just too much right now so I'm going to get myself ready for bed so I can get up at a decent hour tomorrow morning and do some house cleaning....yep...the same ol' thing I do every weekend.

Oh...before I go. Ellen....I just love your poems, you are so talented. I think I'm going to print that last one up and hang it near my desk!

Ok...off I go.

Hugs to all and have a good night!
Old 04-22-2006, 09:19 AM   #4  
Ginny

Good morning ladies.

Thank you all for your condolences. I appreciate them. I am missing my beloved Sassy, my other dog whom I had for 12 yrs. She was Trooper's wife. I lost her a year a half ago. So now he is gone too, I am totally pet less. And we vowed to stay that way. But I now really have the empty nest. So I have to get used to really being alone when dh is out.

Speaking of dh, today is our 34th wedding anniversary, and though I was hoping to sleep in, he awakens me at 6 am to wish me happy anniversary and relive our.....well you all get the picture I am sure.. tired as I was.. how could I refuse such an offer... well ok... good news of the day, for me is I was at my lowest this morning.. my scale must have felt sorry for me.. but I hope it keeps feeling that.. we are going out to dinner this evening, must be careful what I eat... I really want to keep on the good side of that scale.

It was raining her ,oh there is a wild turkey right in front of my office window. Its a hen. Cool, we have many turkeys around here. Anyway the sun is trying to shine. I have to go in a bit and have many errands to run this morning. I open up Monday so now they are saying it's going to cool down to the 50's next week. Can't win for losing around here.

Welcome to the new ladies.

The turkey just spotted me thru the window..she is watching me. Not sure if she should leave or not. She is finding the corn and bird seed we put out over the winter for the birds which is embedded in the yard. Well, I can't really concentrate right now, I need to get moving. Just wanted to come in and say hello and thank you all for your thoughts.

Ellen, your poem is very nice. I liked it. You ladies are all so talented in so many different ways.

Will check back in later.

Ginny
Old 04-22-2006, 11:14 AM   #5  
Closed

GOOD MORNING LADIES

Just a quick hello while the coffee's brewing.

HAPPY ANIVERSARY GINNY
I hope you have a wonderful day
B BACK IN A BIT TO CHAT.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:26 AM   #6  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Happy Anniversary Ginny....

Neat poem Ellen. I love all you do to brighten our days.

I am working on a photo album today, wish me luck.

BBL
Old 04-22-2006, 11:52 AM   #7  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good Saturday Morning Ladies...

First I have to say...((((((GINNY))))) so sorry to hear about the loss of Trooper. I can only imagine how hard it was/is for you. On a brighter note...A very HAPPY 34th ANNIVERSARY to you and your hubby!

MARTI...that was sweet of Jhanai. I know you will miss having her this weekend though.

SUSAN...girly, you best not be eating whoppers and pizza and not sharing! WTG to your mom! Wow, 20 pounds since January is good.

ELLEN...love the poem, so cute.

SUE...glad your mom is feeling great and sounds like she is in good spirits. My neighbor, Wanda kills me watching her. She is 83, I think, can't remember now. And I swear she gets around better than me! And loves to talk, such a sweetie. WTG on the 2 miles! But be careful with your heel and knee, don't want o make it worse.

LAKEGIRL...a big WELCOME to you! Looking forward to getting to know you! And love that one...CRC disease. Definitely going to have to use that one!

MARYANN...sorry, can't help ya there. I never have figured out how to put a picture in a post. it's bad enough trying to get one as my avatar with all the resizing I have to do.

Hi to everyone else

I've been up since 5:45! V is home this morning and I don't normally get up that early but knew it was going to be hot later and wanted to get my walk in. So...V went with and we got in a 3 mile walk first thing and I am feeling pretty good. Also, have already downed my four bottles of water! I do believe that is a first. I usually drink two by noon and have another with a snack at 3 then one while I cook dinner. Glad that's out of the way. The last two days I have had 5 bottles so I am sure I will go for 6 today! Anyway, need to get a load of laundry done and straighten the house. We have a 4 p.m. showing which gives me plenty of time. Unless of course the people that wanted to see it at 10 this morning show up at 3. I really wouldn't be surprised. I told them I couldn't do 10 but since we are having a showing at 4, 3-4 would be good. Well, last time I told them no and gave them a better time I never received a call to confirm it. If I wouldn't have called V I wouldn't have known they were coming. So, hoping they don't do it today because they will be turned away. I don't know what is wrong with these realtors just doing what they want to do, not showing up, showing up when they want to etc.....anywho better get going. V painted the front door red Thursday. Put two coats on it and it streaked. Well, he put another on this morning and it made it worse. So went to Lowes to get some satin paint in the same color because we got semi-gloss and realized we put a satin on before. Apparently, when we bought the paint the guy was supposed to tell us with a red color we needed a red primer first. That's nice...hoping it's all dry before four! Anyway... With all this newfound energy I have gotten chatty the last few days, lol!

Take care ladies and have a WONDERFUL weekend!
Old 04-22-2006, 11:55 AM   #8  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Thumbs up

Wishing you luck SUE on your album today!
Old 04-22-2006, 01:02 PM   #9  
Closed

MORNIN GIRLS
Its kind of cloudy today, no sun in sigh, its damp and cool, Good thing I'm working inside. where is everyone, only Marti and Ginny and Sue up at the crack of dawn. I know your all busy busy busy, after all its the weekend. Who's Kimberly and JoAnne don't you mean Michelle and Maryann, the names are very simialar you know and easily confused. How did I miss these girsl , I am so ashamed, GIRLS I must go back and find out who you are and how I missed you.

MORNIN SUE....Good Luck on your album, what are you doing? Does anyone have any of the scrapbooking stuff from memories direct. I have always wanted to buy one of those kits , I think they have 7000 peices to work with Looks like a nice way to pass the time with. I was going to get my daughter and myself one and we could spend sometime doing it together , and share some pictures. Hope you have a great day

MORNIN MARTI....Sorry your plans with Jhanai got changed, I'm sure you are dissappointed but just think you have more time to spend with US bet that cheered you up
glad you enjoyed my silly poem, have a great day

MORNIN CRISTI....
Go back to bed Its hot at your house not here , not yet anyways. You will be pooped at the end of this day You have another showing , thats good, you seem to have a steady flow of veiwers. Good Luck Doesn't it make you mad when the paint streaks, especially on the
FRONT DOOR, YUCK PAINTING, HIRE PAINTERS I SAY, DO AS I SAY DON'T DO AS I DO
I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY

HI EVERYONE, SUSAN GET UP ,DID YOU HIDE THE EVIDENCE (ie pizza boxes, whopper wrappers ,and beer cans ) i WILL BE BACK LATER TO CHAT , REALLY HAVE TO FINISH THE GROUT SEALING
Old 04-22-2006, 01:57 PM   #10  
Closed

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

CONGRATULATIONS...... GINNY AND HUSBAND ON YOUR 34TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY, I WISH FOR YOU ANOTHER 34 WONDERFUL YEARS TOGETHER AND A WONDERFUL DAY, TO MAKE MANY MORE MEMORIES WITH
Old 04-22-2006, 02:08 PM   #11  
Give me strength

Good morning Ladies,

well while you either have heat or cloudy weather,,,I have snow.

Christina, I know that when you are painting a deep color, you need a different base coat...weird that that guy wouldn't of told you as you were buying the red. Fingers crossed that today is the day you sell.

Marti,,,so what do you plan to do without Jhania? I have no Tanner,,,Monte and Brandon are at work...Im ALONE! I was thinking of doing a bit of cleaning,,,driving over to another payless and finding a pair of brown sandles.

Sue,,,ok what did I miss,,,album? Of all your pics of the house being built? Or of DH wood creations?

Ellen,,,are you sure you don't work for some greeting card place? If not you should look into working for one...you have such creativity.

Ginny,,every person lately has been saying that they have been drinking broth before leaving for dinners out. Makes them feel full and they don't eat as much.

well I am off to do some cleaning....
Old 04-22-2006, 03:13 PM   #12  
Losin' it forever!

Ugh, Angie...SNOW??? We get that here in Maryland of course, but I am thankful that is over for at least six months! It's raining cats and dogs here today but we needed it! Everything is now so green and the flowers are blooming....I love spring!

Today started out nice with a lie in till about 9:00 in our new king sized bed...sweet bliss, I tell ya! The kids then went with their bio-grandma for a few hours but will be home soon. The short reprieve was nice though! We're having issues with our ten year old, who is ADHD. He lies, steals, manipulates, etc. He had been doing so well for a week and then tells me a bold faced lie this morning! I know that all kids lie, but when you combine it with stealing it really gets aggravating! Yes, he's in therapy thankfully, so we're hoping for a few behavior changes one of these days!

We went to breakfast this morning and I had crepes and they were way good. I give myself a little bit of an allowence on the weekends. Mind you, I in no way go overboard, but it's nice to not be quite as rigid with the food two days a week. It's been working for me as my scale showed a six pound loss yesterday.

Hope you all are having a good day and thanks for the warm welcome! I look forward to getting to know everyone!
Old 04-22-2006, 03:36 PM   #13  
kitty Momo

Good Morning,

Happy Anniversary Ginny!!

I am heading for Tyron park to take the girls for a walk in the woods. Maybe I could lose one of them there. haha. It was Becky that pulled the fire alarm at school Angie. Can you believe that? Ugh.

whoppers are those malt balls. I stole some from the easter basket of Beck last night.

I went to Freddies this morning and bought some more yummy green peppers and cottage cheese.

Thanks Cristi. I will tell my mother. She said she has another 100 to lose, she needs knee surgery and they can't do it without the weight off, she is only 61.

Congrats on the 6 pound loss LakeGirl !

I think Jhanai is just at that age Marti. Mine don't want anything to do with me, they want to hang with their friends in their teen years. Sweet of her to want to help out though. Can you have next weekend? Can visitation be more flexible as she gets older?? Just nosy..........lol

Better get. Hi Ellen!!!!! See, I said hello.....set for Mondays weigh in?? You wanna push it back another week??? lol I did love the poem, very talented!!
Old 04-22-2006, 03:43 PM   #14  

Height: 5'1"

Good Afternoon Girls---

My dogs got me up about an hour ago....needing to go out and do their "duty".

Busy, busy thread! How will I keep up??

Ginny--Happy Anniversary to you and DH! I wish you both many more years of happiness! Ok, I take it you live in the country if you have Turkey walking around in your yard! I keep telling James...I want to buy a house in the country. I miss it! Someday......

Sue--What's the album for, some special occasion? Good luck to you on that!

Cristina--Wow...I was pretty much just getting to sleep when you were getting up! I'm so looking forward to normal sleep times. I think it's great that you got your walk in this morning. I'm hoping that I have the motivation to get my butt outdoors in the morning to either walk or bike before work. Those were my plans for next week....but as I mentioned, I have to wait another week.
(oh....would you mind passing over some of that energy my way??)

Ellen--Liking the clipart w/the round shape guy! I may need to copy and print that!! Hang it at work to remind me to get motivated and move!

Angie--I can't believe you have snow! Do you usually have snow this late in the year? My plans today are to get the house looking and smelling a little better! It just smells musty in here and I can't figure out why!! Driving me nuts. Buy me some shoes while you're out. I wear a size 61/2!!

Kimberly--Hello again!! King size bed?? That is a luxury! I've been telling my DH that we need to get a king size bed. He's away to work so much that I get used to having the bed all to myself...so we need to get something bigger so I still feel like I have the bed to myself when he is home....

Susan--I have to agree....Jhanai is at that "rather be w/friends than w/mom" stage. But that's ok. She able to come over any and every weekend. But she likes being able to spend a weekend w/her dad too. (darn that dad!) Next month she'll be w/me a lot, Mother Day weekend and all. I'll take what I can get. Plan on saving some PTO at work to have a extended weekend w/her and go to the coast and some other outdoorsy thing. Pretty soon she won't want to hang out w/me so I need to take advantage.

Hello to everyone out there.

I better get my cleaning started. I should probably start w/myself just in case someone stops by. Must look presentable!!

Hugs to all
Old 04-22-2006, 08:12 PM   #15  
GmaTo8

Hi everyone,

I had every intention of doing individuals, but NO WAY can I catch up with all the chat, lol.

Cristi - so sorry about the bunny you found.
Ginny - even sorrier about Tropper, since he was your beloved pet.

We've had so much company! Everyone wants to see the house. Today I planted a few flowers in areas where the porch guys won't trample them.

Makenzie Jane is spending the night. She's my first official guest in the guest room, lol. I'll sleep in there, too, so she won't be scared.

Gotta go make like a grandma, lol.

<--- for you!
Closed Thread