Old 01-09-2006, 06:16 AM   #121  

Thanks Maysmav! I am very excited that I got up this morning and did 1.5 miles on the treadmill before my day began. I feel like I am off to a good start for the day. Good luck to everyone else!
teach5wh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 07:42 AM   #122  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Yay - I have lost 4 lbs now in my first week - I am happy.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:43 AM   #123  
Lois

Smile

Hey everyone,
We're off to another week... hope everyone had a good weekend. I missed some of you yesterday,hope to see you here today.

I've gotten that workout in and it feels good to get it in early, and if I feel like doing some more later then it will be a bonus and if not, I can be satified that I did get it done today. I'm not following any particular diet plan, but I am using FitDay (downloaded version), and I absolutely LOVE it! It's almost like a game in which you make moves (adjustments) in order to get those graphs moving in a healthy directions, it's fun. The ticker doesn't show .5 lbs but I've lost another 1.5 lbs. ...that's an 8.5 lbs loss for two weeks time. I'm very motivated to keep moving those numbers. Hope everyone has a great day and I'll be checking back later.

DragonTush, your plan of attack sounds similar to one I had years ago. I would not eat after 8pm, would usually have my last meal by 7pm, and at 8 I would do my aerobics. I somewhat followed Medical Weight Loss... a friend of mine at the time gave me a copy of their plan. I would also walk during the day on my breaks at work. I dropped about 30 lbs. in 3 months time. So it sounds like a good plan to me! Good luck with it!

teach5wh, to the groups. I am glad you are finding some inspiration here. The ladies here are full of motivation. Look forward to getting to know you.

garnetfairy, Congrats on the weight loss You are off to a great start. Doesn't feel good to see those numbers move, what more motivation can you ask for.

Teri, so glad you have a wonderful b-day. I agree that it's good having this group and feeling accountable... you are right, it's hard to come up with an excuse, because "we" have heard them all

Robsia, I feel your excitement, WTG on the weight loss
ladylane06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:58 AM   #124  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hi, everyone. I feel like the party pooper of the crowd. Everyone's losin' and I'm maintaining and griping the whole way! Anyone else have trouble with a family that loves going out to eat??? If I could stay home to eat, I'd do wonderfully! But my husband loves going out! And he wants to go to all you can eat places or seafood (my weakness!!! fried catfish!). I had done pretty well from Tuesday til Thursday last week...so much so that I could tell my body was getting adjusted to eating healthier. Then the weekend came.....and it went spiraling....out of control almost! My husband is great...don't get me wrong. He's probably the best husband in the whole (yes, I realize I'm a bit biased....but really, he is!!). He's 5'10" or 11" and weighs 215 lbs fully dressed. He's a little overweight, but not nearly like me! He loves to eat...he loves going out to eat. He hates for me to cook, not because of what I cook (or so he says), but because he knows I don't enjoy it and we both hate cleaning up the mess. So, he loves going out to eat. I try to be strong and say no, but sometimes I am not. Sometimes it's just easier to say yes. Although, if I just have supper cooked when he gets home from work (at 5 pm) then it's not an issue. Guess that's my solution, then, huh? Sometimes that's not possible, but I guess if I make it a priority then it'll be possible.
Thanks everyone, though, because knowing I'm accountable to you guys is making a difference, although it may not seem so.
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:53 PM   #125  

teach5wh - WTG on the exercise this morning! Today is my day off of work so of course now the real work & I have soooo much to do. When I get the kids from school we're going to the park to tackle the track again. Keep up the good work.

LadyLane - You are so right! That's it-there are no more excuses that we haven't heard. I'm proud of you on the loss too.

GainingWeightInLA - You hang in there!! The important thing is that you're trying. It takes time to get into the routine of things. Once you settle in you'll be fine. The important thing is don't give up. & by the way, I don't think you're griping. That's what support is all about.

Have a great day girls!! I'll check back later tonight-gotta get all those errands done.

Teri
maysmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 04:12 PM   #126  

Teach5wh ! Glad to have you on board. You found a great bunch of chicks and one rooster here. I just started five days ago, and I couldn't have done it without all the support I received from this group and one other I'm in.

My offical weigh-in day is wednesday, but I had to check this morning I had 6 lbs gone. .

I didn't exercise yesterday or today. I had an accident yesterday and feel like an idiot!! Fell out of our Suburban and landed on my head . My headache isn't as bad today. I have a sore neck, and I'm lucky I didn't need stitches in my elbow or have a concussion, just a bruised hip/butt and my pride. Guess I should be happy I'm padded!

It's back to tomorrow if I feel like it or not.

Till later~

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 10:14 PM   #127  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default I have a confession to make.

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't posted these past couple of days. It's been a whirl wind. Weekends and Mondays are always this way. Every weekend my parents come to stay, and mondays are my hubby's day off. So that means grocerie day, and a lot of errands. I would like to welcome all the new ppl that have joined since I last posted on friday. And big cheers to all that are making great strides with their weight loss.

But I got a confession to make. I am almost at my wits end already. I can cry at the mere thought of failure. The last few posts I've posted I wanted to sound really supportive of you all that are doing so good and those who are struggling. The truth is that I need a little pick me up myself. I know you might think what ever for, but I am so confused as to what my body is doing. I started off monday great, the week went great. By friday I was down 7lbs. But I haven't even budged since. I haven't cheated, I have been walking on the treadmill twice a day and drinking all my water. I don't understand what's going on. Why the stand still? I know 7lbs. is a lot, but my mind is getting in that mode "I can't do this". And that scares me to death. I am always wondering, am I gaining muscle in my legs, is my metabilism starving, or is my body thinking it needs to maintain, or is my body trying to balance out a great weight loss coming right off the starting line.

Feeling so confused and a little discouraged I changed my diet from doing totally Dr.Phils plan. The breakfasts and lunches are fine. But the thought of putting another steamed, blan, vegetable in my mouth for supper I think I will toss it! (literally) So, I am going to do my own dinner meal plans. Keeping the total amount of calories and fat a day to 1500cal and 20g fat. I made this decision because I have to make this easy for me if I am going to stick with it.

I'm sorry all for the sob sorry and probably making you all down too. But I am so confused with what is going on. I haven't changed a thing, till today. Please, am I being too hard on myself? can I still do this? I really don't know what to expect. Any ideas of what you all may think I would appreciate them.

Have a great night!
Sweet success to you all.
~Tina
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:09 PM   #128  

Hello everyone!!!!! Today was the day to check my wt. and I lost 4lbs.. In 4 days Wt.Watcher is working well for me. I have everything but I' m not doing the meetings. This girl I work with did Wt. Watchers and she lost about 70lbs. and has keep it off 2 years but she'll tell you she has to stick with it and do her exercise. Anyway she is great support at work and motivation along with you guys who needs to go to a meeting. Ladylia,and gaining wtinLa hang in there you can do it. You have to find a diet that you like. Going out to eat is hard but they usually have lots of healthy choices You can do it, WE can do it TOGETHER . Great Job cheryl120,ladylane,Robsia,and garnefairy keep up the good work. Teach5wh off to a good start. Good job with the early morning workout keep up the good work. Hope everyone else is having success!!! Good Night!! Talk to you later
kespinoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:52 PM   #129  
Lois

Smile

Hey everyone, just checkin' back in,

GainingWeightInLa, don't feel like you are a party pooper. I know it's hard when you are going out to eat all the time. It's sounds like you might have a partial solution by having dinner ready when hubby gets home, but when you do go out just make better choices. The bottom line is that you take in fewer calories then you burn... as long as you do that you will lose the weight. Hang in there girl.

Teri, hope you had a good day and thanks for the support.

Cheryl, all I can say is "OUCH"... hope you are feeling better and good luck on that weigh in!

Tina, don't be so hard on yourself. You have been off to a great start don't forget that. Don't get frustrated if the numbers don't move everyday, it's likely that your body is just adjusting to your new habits that's all. I had a few days like that... the scale didn't move down, in fact it showed a gain of a pound. i felt a little discouraged but kept with it and the next day 2 pouds were gone! So just be patient with yourself because it sounds like you're doing things right.

kespinoza,whoohoo! ! ! Congrats on the weight loss, how exciting. I'm glad you have that extra motivation and support at work.

Staying motivated is key and coming here everyday and reading all the successes be they big or small, or even being able to relate to the struggles keeps me motivated. Thanks to all of you and keep up the good work!

Til' tomorrow.

Last edited by ladylane06; 01-10-2006 at 12:07 AM.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:57 PM   #130  

Ok everybody a quick check in. Started to skip it tonight, but I know if I start that before long, I won't be doing it at all. I've really slacked on the water, but tomorrow is another day. fg were down to 15 today and I did take the kids to the park. 1.5 miles on that track. Went faster this time though, tonight there were some others there & the first time around they passed me, after that I had to keep up. But at that pace 2 miles was out! haha

LandyLai SO GLAD TO SEE YOU BACK!! There could be many reasons for your stand still. You probably are gaining muscle & remember that muscle weight is twice that of fat. It could also be that the plan you were following just doesn't fit what you need, everybody has to find the right one for them. Regardless, don't give up. 7lbs is a great start. I hate to sound so cliche, but I know you've heard it before, didn't get fat overnight, can't lose it overnight. Besides, we're all going to have our times when we need to get on here & vent & get discouraged, but hang in there! We're all here for you.

Cheryl congrats on your success!! Keep up the good work.

Have a good night!
Teri
maysmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:12 AM   #131  
MasterHarper

((((Tina))))

Weight can fluctuate from day to day - as we all know. This is why it's recommended we don't weigh ourselves every day. It can even go up from one day to the next but go down over a week.

If you don't weigh yourself every day and pick one weigh-in day a week (mine is Monday) - I am sure you will see results.

You're doing SO well already.

Everyone loses weight at different rates depending on metabolism and other variables.

I lost 4 lbs in the first week but there are others of a similar weight who lost 6 or more. I could be depressed but then I think "Hey - I've lost 4lbs!!" and the bad feelings go away.

It's harder to keep going when you're maintaining but at least you're not gaining.

You've lost 7 lbs and that's fabulous!! Keep doing what you know will work and you WILL lose weight.

Give up and say "Oh, I can't do it" and you won't - that I can promise you!!

Sweetheart - it is so hard, I know, and it's far easier to dispense advice than it is to follow it, or I'd have been a size 8 all my life - LOL.

But you CAN do this and we are all behind you 100%.

Don't give up so soon!
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:12 AM   #132  
Lois

Smile

Good morning everyone,
Just checking in. I got my workout in. I'm still sticking with WATP 1 mile for now. I have found only a couple of my RS vids and not the ones I was looking for I don't think I ate enough yesterday (only about 700 cals.) This has been my problem, not eating enough coupled with not exercising, thus no weight loss. I will do better today. Gotta keep that motor running, since I decided to start it up!

Teri, that's right, keep checking in and let's keep the motivation going. It is so easy for us to fall back into our old habits and we know if we do that a month or even a year down the road we will be kicking ourselves for wasting the time... at least that's how I've felt when falling off the weight loss wagon. I already sense that this time will be different and I want to keep that frame of mind.

Sheila... where are you!

Robsia Iooks like we were posting at the same time. I agree with what you had to say. Those numbers can go up and down from day to day or not move at all, the the next day 2 lbs. can be gone! So not getting on that scale everyday is good advice... advice I need to follow!

Have a great day everyone! ...I'll be checking back later.

Last edited by ladylane06; 01-10-2006 at 09:39 AM.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:27 AM   #133  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies!

I wanna jump in here real fast (I have to drive my daughter to preschool in 5mins). I want to thank you all for all the words of support and encouragement. I can't tell you how much it means to me to have support and friendship from you all. No one else knows what we are going thru but us.

I know it's bad to weigh everyday, but I can't help but wonder if I am making any progress, especially now. I am still the same. Now after reading your posts, I think I can take this. I am eating healthier than before, it eventually has to go (fat).

Once again thanks all!! A GREAT BIG CYBER HUG TO YOU ALL!!

~Tina
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 01:10 PM   #134  
Sheri

Hey, LA, you are not a party pooper, I have not seen anything budge either. I have been sick, though, for the past few days, and I figure that I have about four pounds of congestion in my sinuses, if that counts.

Sorry, that was gross.

I CANNOT stay on program when I am sick. Does everyone find this to be true? It's not just not wanting to eat anything but warm, soft things, but I also find if I don't cook, no one does. So we get frozen, fast food, etc. What do you guys do when you get sick, or when you have to depend on someone else to make the food?

I still have a sore throat and can't breathe through my right (only my right!) nostril, but hopefully I am on the mend.

Also, does anyone else find that when their routine is upset, ie, you start attending a meeting for something on Thursdays, you have to go out of town for a week, or you start having to be at work earlier, their whole programs falls apart and has to be re-organized? Or is it just me?
EyeSing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 01:31 PM   #135  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

I always plan to start attending WW meetings again, but then something comes up that I can't NOT attend to and I end up not able to go. It never fails. And I too find it nearly impossible to stay on program when sick. I think it has to do with comfort foods that you just can't do without when you're sick.
I wanted to share a new website I just found. It's www.girlawhirl.com and for anyone doing weight watchers, it has a food tracker that'll keep up with the total points you've had daily. All you have to do is enter what you've eaten and their point value. I thought it was pretty cool. Hope I can atleast stick to it! I'm not sticking much to anything else lately...including the program! It's noon and I've had almost 13 points!! My allowance is 28, I believe. I'll end up over today, I think. I guess I should pray. God can help me, I know!
Thanks for all the encouragement today guys. I know I can do this...I just haven't made up my mind to yet, I suppose. I want the weight to just disappear by itself, I guess. Wouldn't that be great??? lol I'll check back later. Have a good rest of the day, all.....
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote