Old 01-20-2006, 09:25 AM   #241  

Talking

Good Morning!

Just a quick check in, I've got a quilt that's calling me. Just finished working out with Richard and the gang for 20 minutes. Going to do another 20 miinutes this afternoon. Once the snow and ice are gone, I'll be back to walking.

Lois...I know what you mean! I feel sooooo much better since I started exercising. Back and hip pain are gone. My knees are another story, I have fallen 5 out of the 7 winters I have lived here from ice and messed my knees up. Hopefully as I lose weight, they will get better. I can always tell by my knees and ankle when the weather is about to change. They SCREAM!!!!!

Have a good day everyone.

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 10:51 AM   #242  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hey, guys. Sorry I haven't been posting much this week. It's been a pretty stressful week. First the wreck Sunday (which I was a wreck from until Wednesday...literally!!) Then a sweet lady I've known for probably 10 yrs passed away Monday. Visitation was Wed. and funeral was yesterday. I've also had some kinda bug or virus or something. It's not been a good week for me food-wise. I've been totally off and have just eaten whatever. But, hopefully today's a new start. I ate 1/2 of one of those mini-powdered covered donuts this morning (the half my daughter didn't eat). So far I've not had anything else. I've got some running around I've got to do today, so hopefully I'll not really even think of food. One day it was 3 pm and all I'd had was 1 cup of raisin bran all day. Took my son to McDonald's (he was pitching a fit for chicken nuggets) I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich (with mayo ) and french fries. I shared the fries with my 9 month old, but how many does a nine month old eat??? Then about 7 pm, we went out for supper. Chinese. I didn't do well there either. Most everything you can think of bad at a chinese restaurant is what I had for supper. I wasn't even hungry. Just terribly stressed. Ya'll this wreck has had a devastating effect on my. I think I've been somewhat depressed (situational, I'm sure) since then and haven't cared at all what I've eaten. Today's really the first day I've been concerned about what I've eaten all week. It makes me sick. I'm pretty much starting from square one again. Although, even though my scales aren't showing a loss (I'm really wondering if they're not just poppin up some number from the sky when I get on them) my clothes are showing a difference. I think I may invest in some new scales. Mine have been jumped on my many a child numerous times over...and worse than that I STEP ON THEM! They've had a rough life and may need to go into retirement! LOL
Anyway, thanks for being concerned about me. I appreciate it a lot guys. Pray that I can hang in there. I'm gonna try!
Later taters!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 11:58 AM   #243  

losing weight in LA, so sorry to hear bout your friends passing and seeing that wreck outside your house must have been terrible, im not surprised u havnt been thinking about wot you're eating. sometimes in life ther are things more important to think about than our diets.
we are all here for u if u need to talk, and im sure u will soon be back on track with the diet.
AndrewsMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 12:02 PM   #244  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Red face Slap me if you want to!!

Lets just say, I'm shocked and amazed this morning. I stepped on the scale hoping that I was the same weight as yesterdsay. I thought I would start maintaining at this point of the week. Getting used to weighing 258lbs. for a few days. Well it showed another 2.5lb loss!! That's 13.5lbs lost since Jan. 2 I'm growing a little concerned maybe a lot. I don't want to lose too fast!! I heard if you lose anymore than 2-3lbs a week you start losing muscle. I've been excercising my legs for sure (3 miles/day). I bought a total body gym last weekend, only been on it a few times since. I think that maybe I should cut down my walking to once a day and have a workout on that once a day. I want to tone aswell as lose! I am so scared of that hanging skin I hear so many ppl complain about after they lose an excessive amount of weight.

I don't understand, I'm eating! I don't feel deprived AT ALL! I've had soup and sandwich twice this week for lunch, Mcdonalds salad yesterday w/fruit n' yogurt parfait. Suppers have been what I thought a little more than I should be eating. Monday, japanese rest., Tues. Spaghetti Frittata, Wed. Baked fish n' chips, Thurs. Cheesy Chicken cacciatore, Tonight I'm having leftovers..lazy cabbage rolls. Mind you I found all these recipes on Kraftcanada.com from the healthy living subtitle of recipes. Should I consume more calories?

hahahaha What a thing to complain about! Losing weight too fast! I'm sure you all want to slap me right about now! But seriously I don't want to drop it too fast.

I'll check back later, I'm going to get on my gym now to tone! (hopefully)

~Tina

P.S. I just realized something....a couple of more pounds and I won't be a 100lb loser! I'll be a 99'er. hehehe (The ticker doesn't show 0.5 so I rounded up)
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 12:42 PM   #245  
Diana

hey, everybody. I noticed in my last visit that a lot of you are having a difficult time with your water. That's part of the diet I don't pay that much attention to! lol maybe why no loss??? Anyway, I just wanted to share something with you all from my weight watcher's getting started book. It says (on pg 23 at the bottom, for those of you who have one) that Three of your six glasses of water that they recommend can be from juice, milk, decaf beverages or beverages that don't contain alcohol. Hope this may relieve some pressure for some of you guys. I am literally addicted to diet coke. Have been for years. I get headaches when I don't have any in the morning. It's good to drink in place of water (although not exclusively) because it has 0 points. No calories. Low sodium.
Anyway, just a tidbit of info. Use it or not. Hope it may help somebody!
Old 01-20-2006, 01:10 PM   #246  
Domestic Engineer

Awesome Tina!!! I remember when I did WW before I totally lost more the weeks I ate all my points. I truly believe you have to "eat to lose" and when it slows down mix it up a little to confuse your body, lol. Anyway, that's just great!!!
And I see you are from Alberta too- cool. pm me if you want and we can compare locations, lol.

Gaining in LA- sounds like a stressful week, I'm sorry! That is so hard. Just try to take some time to take care of yourself so you don't crash and burn.

Lisa- wtg on that treadmill!!! Keep it up!

to everyone else-- I'm terrible with personals...forget what I wanted to say.

I've had a good first week back on track and feel really good. The more good choices I make, the more in control I feel. I didn't exercise yesterday, but had a crazy morning and by last night I was pooped so went to bed. Figured I was listening to my body. As long as it's not 2 days off in a row...and I already t-tapped this morning- yay!

I drink tons of diet coke too...but I think I lose better on the weeks I force the water down.

Anyway, have a great Friday everyone!
jelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 01:42 PM   #247  

thanks Emily
Tina, dont want u wasting away on us girl! (that skin thing worries me too)
Old 01-20-2006, 04:23 PM   #248  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Tina, I KWYM - I was saying the same thing, only I haven't lost quite as much as you.

But I stepped on the scales this morning and lo and behold - I had gained 0.4! So be careful what you complain about!!

I wouldn't worry too much - it sounds like you're doing all good stuff.

Gaining/losingweightinla - does the 'beverages not including alcohol' include coffee or milk in coffee? Because I like weak milky coffee and I set aside 710 mls of milk every morning for my cereal and my coffee throughout the day. I just wondered if that would count as part of my daily water - because I am having real trouble getting the 8 glasses. I teach in the day and if I drank that much water I'd be forever running to the loo during class (reminiscent of pregnancy - LOL)!

Sorry to hear about your friend also

Well, aside from the 0.4 gain, I have been very good. I did my exercise vidoe today and managed to do the first THREE aerobic sections - I only ever did two before. But I decided I would try and it and I did it. Section four is for advanced users only so I won't try that yet. I am sure that gain will be gone tomorrow.

Funny for you - there is a lady at work who is not at all fat - she could maybe drop 10 pounds if that and she was saying that she wanted to lose a bit of weight. So I told her how much I'd lost and what I was doing to lose it and she was complaining that she watches what she eats all the time and never loses anything. Next time I went in the staff room, she was eating a chocolate bar!! Anyway, she doesn't really need to lose anything.

It's awful though- my work is full of young slim blonde things - there is only one lady who is bigger than me!

But next September, I will be one of those slim things, although not blonde - BTDT!
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 05:56 PM   #249  
Diana

Robsia, this is the direct quote from the book itself, "Three of your six glasses of water can be from juice, milk, decaf beverages or beverages that don't contain alcohol." Hope this helps. I think only half of your fluid intake is supposed to be actual water, unless of course you can stomach more than that! But WHO CAN?????? LOL
Old 01-20-2006, 06:01 PM   #250  

I am not having a good evening, im sure iv undone all of the past weeks good work by eating terribly this evening sausages 2chocolate bars. this eating to cheer myself up doesnt even work anymore. the guilt feelings far outweighs the happy feelings from the choccie. iv got a headache, tomorow is saturday the day i see my ex as he comes round saturdays to see our son thats if he comes last week he cancelled at last min and said would come sunday instead but didnt, i feel like crap now after eating junk and this evening my 6year old he told me i was fat which is true but it still hurts to hear it. ok he was angry and havin a tantrum coz didnt wanna go to bed he did look very sad when he realised wot he said had upset me but instead of putting him to bed and getting sum excercise in which wos the original plan i put him to bed and went to raid the kitchen. now looking at the computer screen is hurting my head even more so im gonna go to bed.
sorry for ranting maybe i'll start one of those 3fc journal pages so i can rant ther instead of here at u guys.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:55 PM   #251  
Lois

Good evening all

I didn't get a chance to comment earlier so I had to come back and check on everyone. I did manage to get some more exercise in. I decided I'd try my old TaeBo basic vid... I lasted about 10 minutes I guess my body doesn't want more then 30 minutes a day for now, but I will keep trying to build on it.

Lisa, Don't get too down on yourself. This is process, a long journey. It's going to take time to ween some of our bad habits, but as long as we can shake off the bad days and start fresh the next we will get there. Btw, way to go on that treadmill increase. You'll be adding more and more as the days roll on.

LosingInLa, stress can take it's toll. So sorry to hear about your friend. You've had a rough week, but know that it will get better. Don't beat yourself up. The fact that we are all still here says we're hangin' in there. Next week will be a better one, keep telling yourself that!

Tina, you are just going to disappear on us! Girl you are doing great! I wish I had your complaint. My scale has not moved all week (a reason to stay off of it), but I still have a couple of days b4 I "officially" weigh in, so I'm going to keep my fingers cross. Keep up the good work girl... I would not worry about it, I'd be !

Robsia, great job on the exercise vid. amazing what we can do, huh?

Emily, congrats on getting back on track. I hear ya... I feel guilty if I miss a day. I take one day off a week from exercise and if I even think about skipping I feel like I'm cheating, and I can't face you girls if I cheat !

Hope everyone has a good night!

ladylane06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 07:01 PM   #252  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GainingWeightInLa
Robsia, this is the direct quote from the book itself, "Three of your six glasses of water can be from juice, milk, decaf beverages or beverages that don't contain alcohol." Hope this helps. I think only half of your fluid intake is supposed to be actual water, unless of course you can stomach more than that! But WHO CAN?????? LOL

Thanks - I guess my weak, milky coffee does count then - if that's the case I easily drink 8 glasses a day.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 08:25 PM   #253  
determined to lose

Well, I am feeling better everyone...I finally ate a real meal: homemade hamburger steak, asparagus, onions sauteed in olive oil, and sugar-free pink lemonade. Way to go me, I told mom to make a small hamburger steak because usually they are huge and she made a small on for each of us since she also is dieting!

Condolences on your loss LosingInLa, but try not to give up on yourself! You deserve a healthier you!! No matter what life throws in your way!

Good news!! I had my brother help me do my measurements at the first of the month and I lost them...but I remember some of the more outrageous ones like 62 for the hips and abdomen since my belly hangs down. Well, today I had him help me measure again and now it is 60 for my abdomen and hips!!! Hurrayyyy!!!

I too fear the saggy skin!! Especially since I am going to be 43 this month and I think you start losing elasticity and collagen when you get older. I wonder how much it costs to have the extra skin removed and if medicare will pay for it???

Keep up the good work everyone!!!! Pick youself back up and dust off the sugar clinging to you and go back to work on the new you!!

I have heard that inside every fat woman there is a thin woman waiting to come out...I say let that b*tch loose ladies!!!
garnetfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 11:20 PM   #254  

Whew!! Not only do I hate to miss posting for the motivation, but boy do I have some reading when I get back lol. Bare with me while some of the things that I want to say refers way back to some of the posts made yesterday morning.
Thanks everyone for the encouragements, Congrats on all the awesome losses going on!
Paris and April!!
Paris-Try to weigh yourself only once a week & remember that while you are working out you are gaining muscle and that weighs twice as much as fat. Post often, I look forward to getting to know you.
April hope to hear from you more as well.

Cheryl-no offense taken I have to refer back to the thread many times to keep everything straight.

Tina-Thanks for all of the encouragement. I was thinking of different responses while reading the posts. I'm glad to hear that after being so hard on yourself you lost anyway. I started not to put in my thoughts when you were so down on yourself, but I think I will anyway. Here goes-
You are way too hard on yourself. I've noticed you're one of the first to cheer on everyone else, but when it comes to yourself you have no mercy!!! You're doing wonderful! I promise!!

Garnet Fairy-Glad you're back, I was wondering where you had gotten to. Glad to hear that you are starting to feel better. WTG on the inches! Wish I could do the water like you, I get the same kind of "exercise" though lol

Lisa-I'm feelin ya on the water. I don't like it either, but I do like the flavored ones from Wal-Mart. Congrats on steppin up the exercise. Oh yeah, RANT AWAY, we're here for ya!

Jill-glad to hear things are ok between you & your DD. I hope that I would be able to handle such things as well when my DD gets older.

Kespinoza-Try choco graham crackers, spread fat free cool whip on (thick), put another graham cracker on top, Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for a couple of hours or overnight. This is soooo good especially if you like ice cream sandwiches. freezing doesn't make them real hard, it actually makes the graham crackers a little softer. The cool whip frozen tastes very similar to ice cream. This came from a girl I work with who does WW but I forget how many points she said it has 2 or 3 I think.

Losing-stress will do it to ya. You can do this. Thanks for the info on the daily water intake, makes me feel alot better. My vise is DT. MT. DEW, I get the headaches too.

Lois-Thank you for the nice comments. It sure feels great when those sore spots go away huh? lol

Well, I've stayed OP. Getting hard to fit in the exercise with everything going on, but I stand all day at work & am constantly working. I only stop for 2 15 min. breaks (sometimes) & my 30 min. lunch. hopefully it's a tiny bit. (Wishful thinking)
Got on the scales this morning. (I should listen to my own advise, my WI day is Sun) Lost 2.5 since Mon!!!!!!! A total of 12.5lbs. Feels pretty good, but even better that my 20's are showing just a little room. Don't get me wrong, they're not too big, but fit different.
Thanks everyone for all of the support!!!!! You are all doing so good!
Have a great night. Until next time,
Teri
maysmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 11:38 PM   #255  

Talking It's Friday

Good Evening to everyone,

Lisa..Great job on the exercising. It will get better as you go along. As far as having sausages and chocolate for dinner, sounds yummy to me. So you had a little slip, drink some more water and get back on track tomorrow. I bet you will still see a loss for the week.

Tina...All I can say is WOW, AWESOME, You go girl! You are so young, I really don't think you need to worry too much about sagging skin. Just start using tonin ropes every other day for upper and lower body and you will be fine.

LosingweightinLa...I'm so sorry to hear that your friend has passed. It just hasn't been a good week for you. Hopefully things will start to get better. Just take it one day at a time.

I had a super day. Got up early and got my workout with Richard and the gang done before 7. Went to lunch at Applebee's with my husband and stayed within my points. Tried the Onion Soup Au Gratin and Tango chicken Sandwich. Only 10 points for all and it was very, very good. I will diffently have it again.

Not much planned for the weekend, just going to stay home and work on my quilt. Besides, it snowed today and it's suppose to snow for the rest of the weekend. If I had a fireplace, I would cuddle up and read a good book.

Till later,

`Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote