Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 02:52 PM   #31  
RosieKate

I've been spending this morning doing some major clean-up. The kids' room needed some attention since the holidays and I finally got around to my linen clost. Both look much better. DH and DS went off to school this a.m. and DD is itching to go to preschool, but has to wait until tomorrow. She's being a bit of a pain, so I'm going to get out some board games and try keep her busy.

Cristi- Wel'll see how that calorie-counting tip works. Normally I don't lose unless I can average 1400-1500 cals a day, and this came out to 1800. I am exercising way more than I used to, though, so it could be for the better. Keep up all that great walking - it sure is paying off for you.

Angie - Don't know what to do about indoor aphids, other than the soapy water suggestions. When I get them on my roses, I buy ladybugs and turn them loose. They eat the aphids, and provide endless hours of amusement for my daughter.

Marti - I have seen those knitting harps and know a few people who love to work with them, but all they make are scarves. Once you finish your tube, you sew the ends shut and then it lies flat - or flatter at any rate. I don't know how they are used to make anything else. If Jhanai is really getting into it, she may be ready to take up knitting with needles. Once she gets comfortable with knitting and purling, she can do so many more things with them than with the harp, imo. There are lots of starter kits for kids out there. I see them at bookstores and Target..so Walmart probably has them, too.

Kathy - when my kids were small, we put the tree in the portable crib. It looked funny, but they couldn't knock it over or break ornaments. People still laugh at us and our tree-in-the-crib pictures. At last, my kids are old enough to not need those measures! I wonder if it would work for cats.

Old 01-03-2006, 03:51 PM   #32  

Height: 5'1"

Good Afternoon Ladies--

Christine--James bought me Chicago for a Christmas gift last year (I think) and I still haven't watched it!! I keep hearing that it's a good movie, and since I loved Moulan Rouge that I would really like Chicago. So I suppose I ought to watch it some day!

Angie--Oh...so stretch marks are suppose to turn silvery?? Hmmm...well I believe my hair has decided to do that instead! I have so many stretch marks that even though they are faded you can't help but see them.

Cristi--I had bought so many stamps during Christmas because of cards...and I'm so glad that I don't have that many left over. I did read that they'll be providing 2cent stamps for all those 37 centers! You know, I remember when stamps were 10cents or 15cents. Or was that the payphone? You only needed a dime to make a call and now it's what???? heck I don't even know, love the cell phone. (payphone always seem so dirty!)

Katy--I've talked to Jhanai about using the needles. But she's quite content w/the loom for now. I'm sure someday she'll want to move up. The little pamphlet that we did find, has directions for a flat (non-tubed) scarf and ways to make a shawl. But I just don't understand them! I told her to ask one of her dads friends who likes to sew, knit, crochet. So we'll see what she comes up w/the next time she's here.

Hello to everyone else!!

Off to browse!
Old 01-03-2006, 04:49 PM   #33  
kitty Momo

I will say hello.

I am craving beef rice a roni with hamburger - my all time fave meal.

I walked 3 miles this morning, had my oatmeal w banana. I had a tuna salad with an orange - drinking water.

Feeling better since I started losing weight. I stood sideways (nude ) and I must say my "5 month pregnancy look" is getting down to a 2 month pregnancy! YAY.

My back is killing me with my monthly thingie coming. Hate it - rather painful.

Something disturbs me in what Gaby said last night. We were getting ready for bed and she said she wanted to go back to my sisters and I mentioned Mike's ex who has been babysitting her on and off since the summer.
She said "Babysitter" says you hate me" I said " Gaby, that is horrible, I love you."
Gaby goes "hurt my feelings."

It upset me. I know she has been upset to go there - would cry the whole way over. I talked with my friend and they thought she might have misunderstood but it was upseting. I don't want Gaby to ever think that - she is such a doll.
We snuggled in bed and I held her foot (because that is where my hand reaches - lol) and said "mommy loves you" and she said she loved me....awwwww, love her so much.

Welcome Christine! Not mind me!! lol
Old 01-03-2006, 04:50 PM   #34  
I'm a good girl, I am!

TAX time and my first day back to work! I thought it was such a great day.....ate Lean Cuisine and actually liked it but I couldn't stand it..........today I had to have my wine I Knew I wouldn't last on that front..........but I should have checked before I drank........geesh.........2 glasses and my average shows.......something to the effect of 32% alcohol............35% carbs..............17% protein.........and who cares what else.............DAMN .........well kind of

Marti I too loved Moulan Rouge.......Chicago has a different "taste" but I think it is a better movie. MR was a strange sort of Show and actually now that I think about it.......The new Willie Wonka kinda reminds me of that
Old 01-03-2006, 06:21 PM   #35  
GmaTo8

Look how much chattin' goes on when we're being so OP, hehe!

Cristi - thanks for mailing the candle. It isn't for the wedding, I just kept trying to find it because you like it so much. When one of the JLs really like something a lot, I'll often check it out myself. My all time fave song to do work to is Rod Stewart's Hot Legs. I know I'm dating myself by admitting that, hehe.

Mel - thanks for adding your name, hon. The other gals are right - the stretch marks do fade. Mine are white now, and barely noticable. Of course the kid who caused them turned 34 in October.

Susan - omg! I would SO find out what the **** was said to our Gabster. Something is just not right about the situation, and it's up to you to get to the bottom of it. Be cool about it, and just inquire nicely, since there may be a good explanation for the comment. Be sure and let us know what happens, ok?

Katy - great minds think alike. Although I'm not following the Sonoma Diet, I am working the 10 Power Foods into my daily diet. (Except the blueberries) Had a tablespoon of walnuts and orange pepper strips on my salad today. Very yummy, and such good texture. Around here we have scarves (silky) and winter scarves (knitted) and I'm not sure anyone actually called them mufflers. I've read about them in books called mufflers, though. I think it's great you're doing all the knitting for the school fundraiser. YGG!!!

Angie - if a stepper is good for the butt, I should really get one soon, hehe. You know, I just love Tom Hanks, and never did see Road to Perdition. Let me know if it's any good, ok? Also never saw the soldier one he did, either.

Kathy - so how was the sleepover? Did anyone actually get any sleep? We leave Sunday for Fla. We've postponed our Cape San Blas trip until next year, since we couldn't reschedule for March. We'll be going back to WDW for Katie's birthday which is 3/3.

Sue - my stylist said my hair is becoming very resistant to the dye. <gulp> You know what that means....!! When Neal and I order off the Senior Menu at Denny's they never say a word to me, and I do it because the servings are much smaller. Which means less calories/points. But about the gray, I just don't know what to do, either. I see some women with gorgeous gray/white hair, and some other women look like frumps. What to do????

Marti - no, WW isn't part of counting calories. It's just something I'm doing on my own, but with a heavy focus on healthy foods. I guess I just needed something different for awhile, although the WW diet was/is very good for me. I may switch back to it, who knows, hehe. Yay for your Subway choice! My Gazelle is still set up, but I haven't been using it. If you will, I will, ok?

Christine - thanks for adding your name, sweetie. Ok, now I'm confused over your Lean Cuisine remark. Did you like it, or you couldn't stand it??? I used to love the penne pasta and chicken one, then they "improved" it and now it's awful! I'd rather just cook it fresh myself, anyway, but sometimes it's nice to have the convenience, you know?

Spent the day shopping with Katie for things she needed for her apartment. She also needs some personal things like shorts, sandals, and a swimsuit, but we're going to get them in Florida. Only 5 more days...

I've been very OP and it's made me feel so good. Made a big pot of WW soup. I'm counting it 50 calories per 1 1/2 cups, since there's only "free" veggies in it. Does that sound right to you?

See ya' later.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:31 PM   #36  

Height: 5'1"

Checking in once more before work.

Susan--I would have a pit in my stomache if I heard that comment from Jhanai at that age! I'm w/Jane, I would find out who said what and why! She's such a little sweetheart, why would someone put something like that in her head?? Do let us know what you find out.

Christine--I've seen Willy Wonka not too long ago, and it was a bit strange compared to the original. I'm w/Jane (again) on your comment of Lean Cuisine....did you like it? What couldn't you stand about it?? Silly girl.

Jane--My area for the gazelle is all cleaned up and starting tomorrow I will be getting on the thing! And all this talk about butts looking good after using a stepper......I'm going to have to find something to use to step on! Nice butt sounds fantastic! Anyway......I'm going to be using the gazelle....so that means you will too right?

Ok, I really need to tame my hair and look presentable for work. One gal said I have gypsy hair. Is that a compliment or what?? Plus, I need to drop off the movies we rented on my way so I best get.

Take care and hugs to all!!
Old 01-03-2006, 07:47 PM   #37  
I'm a good girl, I am!

OK keep up "girls/guys" (if there are any!!) what i couldn't stand was going without the wine..........sorry........should have completed a sentence or two.....well............2 glasses of wine and hardly any calories going in.... makes a girl feel fine???? HIC!!! I liked the LEan Cuisine........It was Rosemary Chicken with Spinach and Garlic Rice........but ...........kept burping the spinach and garlic all day
Old 01-03-2006, 08:35 PM   #38  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Christine,,,you and I are going to get along just fine...I love my wine too. And being in WW I have worked it out that 4 points once a week is worth the indulgence.
Jane,,,Don't you have any stairs in your house? Just do step ups,,,,Sue you reading this,,,forget spending money just if you have any stairs in the house use them.
I need to go get rid of my silver hair,,,next Wed. if I can find the time. Not happy since Monte just informed me that we will have a appraiser in the house,,,we are renewing our mortgage..better rates...new bank. Love both those movies,,,,of Tom Hanks. Another movie that came to mind was Mel Gibson (my boyfriend) and his movie We Were Soldiers. love that movie too.
Cristi,,,wonder if the stamps are going up here too. I love the music from (great can't remember the name of the band...they sing that song called Blue....its about 5-6 yrs old...Im blue ) something 5. Anyways one of their songs is always on my get moviing cd. Let me look around,,maybe I can find more.
Well I need to get to rehearal...later
Old 01-03-2006, 09:45 PM   #39  
I'll call him Con Queso!!

No wine for me, but I'm on Smirnoff #2 tonight. Bad bad bad! Had a great workout tonight, 1 1/5 hours. I could've kept on going! But, I'd like to be able to move tomorrow!
Good to hear the stretch marks fade. I got the victora's secret catalog today and found a black bikini for $20.00 that I LOVE! But, can't order it until I'm at my full goal. No clue what size I'll be, or if I'll even want to wear a tiny bikini while toting a baby around!
Lean Cuisine . . . I've had 3 this week and only like one of them. It was grilled ceasar chicken. Yum! Seams like any of them with a red sauce I don't like. Too bland. Marr tried one tonight and he hated it! Plus he's a bottomless pit so after that he ate 2 cheese quesadillas. Piggy!
Old 01-04-2006, 12:31 AM   #40  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Just popping in really quickly before I have to go and pick up the DS from work..

Angie isn't the song from eifel 65? Am I thinking of the right song?

Marti, must be a compliment about the hair. When I think of gypsy hair, I think of Cher. Make sure you spend alot of time flicking your hair tomorrow.

Jane I fell asleep before the kids, and DD said that they all woke up about 11 this morning. Wish it could have been me sleeping in. My neice is still here tonight. It is much easier than having to drive into town to pick her up at 7:30 and then bring her back. Although I will be ready for her to go home at the end of the week. She is 6 and her and Cole fight like brother and sister. Just when I finally got out of that fighting stage with our other 2.

Susan broke my heart when little Gaby's feelings were hurt. Isn't is amazing how we tell our kids we love them all the time, and then it only takes one comment from someone else and they take it right to heart.

Katy how old are your kids? Do you have Dora dominos and Dora memory game? Tree in a crib? Anything is worth a try for next year.

Cristi way to go on the walking so early and getting it out of the way for the day. Did your energy stay all day long? I will try and think of some songs for you. DD is making me a work out cd also so that I can keep going. One song on there is Trouble by Pink.

Wow Mel that is a great workout and you will be buying your bikini in no time.

Hi to Christine and anyone else that I may have forgotten. I must run and pick up the boy. He is training a new girl tonight, so he will have lots to talk about on the ride home.

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow
Old 01-04-2006, 12:45 AM   #41  
Give me strength

YES Eifle 65 knew there was a 5 in it.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:20 PM   #42  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Marti - not sure what gypsy hair is.... maybe long and curly? Sort of wild? I'd take is as a compliment, though. I'm doing the Gazelle later today - I promise!

Christine - oic about the Lean Cuisine!

Angie - yeah, there are stairs leading to the 2nd floor. Not gonna exercise on them though, hehe. I'll be doing good to do the Gazelle.

Mel - I think it's a good idea to always have something sexy in the drawer for when the mood strikes to wear something like that. Your DH will thank you.

Kathy - hey, hon, would you please put your name in your signature until everyone knows who you are? Thanks a bunch! How long will you have the kids?

Speaking of which.... Mary called me this morning and was in tears. She was sick in the night and asked me to watch the kids for awhile so she could get some sleep. Of course I said I would. She has already lost too much sleep because the kids have been sick - throwing up, etc. for the past few days. They're watching their favorite show - Max & Ruby.

I've been POP, and loving it! I feel better, putting such healthy foods in my body, after some of the junk I ate over the holidays.

Only 4 more days until WDW!
Old 01-04-2006, 12:38 PM   #43  
kitty Momo

Angie - YES Eifle 65 knew there was a 5 in it. What does that mean?? I missed something, somwhere.

Jane - POP? oic? WDW?? I don't know what that means either waaaa

I didn't walk this morning. My heels are bleedy from wearing Rach's shoes.So,I put a band aid on the heel and that seems to help. Total mess this morning. I made the oatmeal but the banana's were in the car and I was too lazy to go get one to slice in the oatmeal. I didn't have a clean bowl so I ate it out of the pot and I didn't have a clean spoon so I used a fork. Which is pretty good because the oatmeal cold is kind of "clobby".

I will check on the babysitter thing but I want to do it in person. She has a soft voice and screaming kids all the time, very difficult to carry a conversation with her on the phone. Maybe this weekend I will go over there.

Gawd!! Have to go to the bathroom!!! lol

chat later......
Old 01-04-2006, 01:11 PM   #44  
Give me strength

Oh Susan you are hilarous..oic is Oh I See,,,the other two Jane awrote about you will have to ask,,,soemthing about being on program and I hope weighing in or shes taken up Wrestling and has a big match coming up. I had to go buy more silver ware cause we kept running out of everything...except knives I swear my forks and spoons were turning into knives. Like sex changes or something.
Jane,,oh poor Mary. Been there and had to call mom too. She was run down from taking care of everyone else who was sick...so easy to get it then.

I have another day off,,,its 11 I just woke up...*yawn I love days off. Im going to try and get all my work done today. Battery operated candles,,,for Evita. And a new container for my wrapping paper...saw one on sale at Linen and Things.
well Im going to go make some oatmeal..
ttfn
Old 01-04-2006, 01:20 PM   #45  
GmaTo8

Susan - you need a personal manager, hon. Good idea to wait and talk to the babysitter in person.

WDW = Walt Disney World
POP = perfectly on program

Angie - no wrestling matches on my calendar, hehe. I just hope I don't get sick before we leave! Enjoy your day off, Angie.
Closed Thread