3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   WEEK AT A TIME CHALLENGE #16 - Take one on! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/66551-week-time-challenge-16-take-one.html)

Casper5AXTSU76 10-13-2005 09:27 PM

Hi carla!! :wave: Happy birthday!! :hb: Mind if I ask, whyare you crawling back into your box and shutting up?

:crazy:

Casper

carla49 10-13-2005 11:18 PM

Don't worry Caspar, just my warped sense of humour at work. Fifty lashes with a wet noodle - to quote Ann Landers. Sometimes I just babble senselessly. Babble, babble. :crazy:

Mscat, does your husband not realize that the Gazelle makes an EXCELLENT clothes rack? I mean, what is he thinking? (Of course mine won't be a fully functional rack until I take it back apart and put it together right, but then there you go.) I'm not sure yet where it will live. I've been on a "get rid of furniture" kick for a while, which does free up space but leads to a proliferation of piles and boxes of all the things that have lost their home. But I just had a huge "window" cut in the wall between my office/guest bedroom and my living room, so maybe it can go in my office so I can watch tv thru the hole? It's sad - I've gotten very good at the destructive phase of renos, but am a total failure at the rebuild. Also too broke to just get it all done. Even the new hole is just roughed in - it needs some electrical work and of course the electrician isn't calling back. As I often shriek at work, "Kill me now!" :rofl:

Fifty minutes left in this birthday day. Time for a little more wine. (Says the resident lush.) :hat: :cheers:
Boy, will I pay for this party tomorrow! :headache:

stacylambert 10-14-2005 10:42 AM

Hi everyone. Sorry I didn't get to check in yesterday. I did good though, I had a turkey sandwich. Happy day late birthday Carla!

1of3Wishes 10-14-2005 01:16 PM

Happy belated birthday, Carla! Hope you enjoyed your day.

I was successful again today with my 20 minute brisk walk! Yay, me!!

SweetKisses03 10-14-2005 06:39 PM

Little late joining in on this.. but my goal for the rest of this weeks challenge is..

- 20-30 minute walk everyday
- At least 3 bottles of water daily

mscat816 10-14-2005 07:02 PM

Tgif!

Hi Ladies - I apologize for not getting back to you last night - but you know how it is. No excuses though - I am back on track today with sharing with my favorite bunch of flowers.

Happy Birthday Carla! :hb: :woo: :woo: you have a much better excuse than I for crawling back in bed. Hope your day was wonderful. You are too funny :lol: I will try your logic on DH and see if he bites. ;)

1of3wishes :cheer: :cheer: for 2 days of walking! Your goal is great - go for the 5 - we will be counting with you.

Stacy - happy to hear you are experiencing success. Keep up the good work.

sandy - hang in there - and go for whatever you can for the rest of the week. Remember goal achievement is like a muscle - it must be stretched, strengthened - so just keep working until it is :strong:

Bonnie - what a great experience! Don't worry about the indulging - we will consider the "exercise" as your "bonus" goal.

Casper - hope we get to hear you are OP again before the end of the week.

Have a great evening everyone.

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!

stacylambert 10-14-2005 07:05 PM

Well, I didn't get any lunch today. I know that's bad and I'm not sure which way it counts because I didn't have anything BAD either. hehe. I was stuck at a salon from 10:30 - 2:30. Here's my tale of woe if you're interested ;) http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66811

sandybhat 10-15-2005 10:52 AM

Hi!:wave: Everybody! Sorry Carla i missed yr b'day but many many happy returns of the day:hb::hat::gift::woo::jeno::balloons:I had my tooth surgery yesterday and whole day I was out, today I am feeling much better though I have to eat only liquid. with nothig eating yesterday you all will be glad to know I dropped 3 lbs isnt that amazing:flow1:will write later girls bye

SweetKisses03 10-15-2005 02:29 PM

so far so good.. yesterday I drank nothing but water and had my 30 minute walk.. lets see how today goes :)

stacylambert 10-16-2005 01:09 AM

I did good even on the weekend! I had a peanut butter sandwich (on whole wheat which I hate) and a banana.

mscat816 10-16-2005 09:05 PM

Sunday Evening Blues!

Hi Ladies - I must confess I have not been on the treadmill today :fr: But the evening is not over. As soon as I am finished working on some stuff for my Toastmasters meeting, I will get on that treadmill before the night is over!

Ok - now that is done - how are all of you? I want to know if anyone is getting results from their goals. I am not - at first it was a plateau but now I am actually gaining weight. :yikes: So starting this evening - I am stretching my goals and taking my commitment up a notch.

For most of us there are 4 major components to successful weight loss - eating right, water intake, regular exercise and rest (that is the one many of us forget about). Personally, I will not get consistent results if I only do one thing. I can stay on an eating plan and lose weight initially but after a while I am going to hit the dreaded plateau. The same goes for drinking water or exercising. I won't even talk about sleep - I am just plain lazy when it comes to working on that commitment. So I am taking on 2 goals this week. Continuing to go for 7 days of exercise and 48 oz min. of water a day.

What are you going to take on to stretch your results?

Sweetkisses :cheer: for making your goals on Saturday!

Stacy - :cheer: for goals made yesterday. BTW I sympathize with you. Hope you read my post on your
salon story.

Sandy :cb: :cb: :cb: for your 3lbs! Hope you are feeling better and your mouth is healing.

Bonnie :cheer: :cheer: for 2 days of goals met this week.

Have a great evening ladies.

sandybhat 10-16-2005 09:36 PM

Hi!:wave: Goals starting fresh ahead this week is to do :flow1:TAEBO and my Abs:flow1: routine as usual got to increase my water intake:flow1: which is stuck at 40 oz and writing whatever I am eating in a journal:flow1:. Hope to loosen up a bit.
:thanks:Bonniebelle for the tip I would be careful not to fall of my diet though these shakes r taking me by horrorstorm:yikes:each small one is around 700 cal but I am done with them now.
c u later gals....

stacylambert 10-16-2005 10:15 PM

Today I had another turkey sandwich! I can't believe I didn't have any fast food for lunch this week!

mscat, yus I did read your post, thanks for the sympathy :)