Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 12:37 PM   #61  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Jill, whew! you did it, girl! Now you get to kick back and relax, and decide where you're going to put the Josh Holloway poster!
http://www.josh-holloway.com/

I feel so unmotivated today. I'd like to just curl up in bed and nap. Unfortunately, billing calls!! It's 59 degrees right now, can you believe we just took out our air conditioner yesterday?? Are we seeing a pattern of procrastination here??

I'm going to make myself some hot chocolate then draft a couple of bills.

Have a good Monday (bleck, don't like the M word), gals.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:48 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Goodmorning!! I'm waiting for my hair straightener to heat up, so I thought I'd pop by and say hi!!

Jill - WB, sounds like you two are on your way to being settled into the new place. Wouldn't you rather drive a little bit further, as long as you aren't having to deal with traffic? Thats my thought anyways

Marge - I love shopping, love love love shopping, incase I hadn't mentioned. So I love Christmas, it gives me the excuse to shop, without feeling guilty! This Friday and Sat we are going power shopping... I also need to buy a new bra, my underwire JUST popped out, GRRR!! Lane Bryant discontinued my bra, so I now have to search for a new one. Last time we were in Seattle I tried on bra's for a good hour, nothing fit properly.

Alrighty! My straightener is HOT! I am off, talk to you gals later!

-Aimee
Old 10-18-2005, 10:52 AM   #63  
Never surrender

Morning, all.

You know, I've sort of lost my urge for major shopping. I've even been known to buy a lot of my clothes on-line or by catalog. I get my bras at a Lane Bryant in Manhattan, near Macys. Macys has the worst large sized clothing, either is very high end or just looks frumpy.

I hate it when the wires pop out! I've given up on underwires (at least for a while).

I need to get my energy back. I've been having to lay off the exercise for a few days because of the cramps in my leg muscle. I miss it! (never thought I'd say that!!) I don't know how those people do so much exercise on the Biggest Loser and never get really injured where they have to slow it down.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:30 AM   #64  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

LOL I'm not so sure Jeff would appreciate the Josh Holloway poster (although he may not notice if I just use it as the wallpaper on my computer desktop ).

I absolutely love driving to work without traffic! I'll take the 30-mile trip over the 12-mile trip any day to avoid all those cars and stop lights

Well, we got our internet up and running last night. We just need to get one more network cable to connect the phone (we have phone service through Vonage, so it uses our cable internet connection instead of a phone line), and then we will be all set! Of course, we went and got our new cable box (dolts installed the wrong one), so now or DVR works, but now our OnDemand isn't working! Ugh, always something, right? I'm taking bets on how many times I'll have to call Comcast before they finally get everything right
Old 10-18-2005, 01:15 PM   #65  

Goodmorning! I am off today Wouldn't it be nice to only work 4 days a week? Thats about all I can handle, lol. When I went to bed last night I had a headache on the left side of my head, and woke up with it on my right side, how odd, eh? I require coffee!

Marge - How could you lose your lust for shopping? I'm shocked!! hehe. I can't imagine buying things online, my body is very weird to fit, I can rarely find clothes that fit properly. For cramps in the leg? Take a cal/mag with a HUGE glass of water. Josh gets calf cramps, and I make him do that, and then rub some tiger balm into the sore calf. What part of your leg is it? You do gotta wonder how those people on the Biggest Loser manage, I mean, I barely exercised and then one day went out and did a 10km walk race. Afterwards I came home and pretty much died, Josh had to give me muscle relaxer, and put tiger balm on my legs.

Jill - It's so funny when you move in with someone, tastes change, you gotta think of the other person before you'd buy, say, a poster of a goodlooking man.. Our calender is now has weather pictures (vs basketball as Josh had before). I think it's interesting how it's become "we", it's sounds SO cliche, but part of it is just being considerate for the other person...

I've been cutting back a bit lately, eaitng lower fat, eating more often, so far it's going alright. Today I am having an apple as my first meal, and I'll have a smoothie in a couple hours.. I don't know if it'll work for me, but I'm giving it a go! Alrighty, I'm off to find some kinda headache relief!

-Aimee
Old 10-18-2005, 03:17 PM   #66  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Hey, everyone. I'm kinda laying low today. Howie and I managed to catch our friends' cold, so feelin' puny is still the status quo here. On the plus side, I'm not that hungry! LOL
Old 10-18-2005, 04:22 PM   #67  

Kimberley - sorry to hear you are feeling crummy! Definitely a good idea to lay low, drink some tea... mmm and chicken noodle soup, I always want that when I've got a cold. It's not even that my mom fed me that either, she always made homemade soups.

I decided to get some exercise to see if that would help my headache, and it did! However shortly after I stopped the headache came back, so I did a little MORE exercise, and it stopped again.... but it returned shortly afterwards. Josh is going to bring me a vanilla latte, nothing else will shake this darn thing! Grr...

-Aimee
Old 10-19-2005, 11:12 AM   #68  
Never surrender

Jill, when I lived in California I loved to drive -- on the freeways with not as much traffic. It really relaxes me. Now, living in NY, I barely drive at all. Do you believe I STILL haven't got my CAL drivers license changed over to NY? Is someone having problems letting go??

(and yes, Josh Holloway is a babe! speaking of which, tonight's another episode...)

Aimee, thanks for the muscle cramp tips. I did use tiger balm, but hadn't heard of the supplement thing. I think it's the quadriceps in the thigh. It will be fine, then start cramping really bad for about 10 seconds, then go away again.

re: biggest loser, the only thing I remember seeing a problem, was the first episode when one of the guys yarked several times. Frankly, before I started exercising if I'd had to run up a hill I probably would have been flat on my back wheezing in about 10 minutes! Ah, well, the magic of television.

Most the clothes I get from catalogs is t-shirt type stuff, blouses, sweaters. I bought my jeans at Lane Bryant. Now that I'm working out of my apartment I can get away with having a pretty casual wardrobe. I can't say I don't like to shop, because I would still go out there are do plenty of it given the chance. I think not going helps keep the back account at a healthy number, heh heh.

Feel better, Kimberley! You were probably run down from the bronchitis and caught the cold easier. It can take a little time to get back on your feet, so pamper yourself as much as you can.

I managed to curb the junk food and night eating pretty well this week. I had to skip quite a bit of my usual exercise, so I predict maintaining or having a small loss at the scale on Friday, which is ok considering.

Have a good one, gals. The sun is shining here, and it's about 61 degrees. Very pleasant and fall like. I have my cozy sweat shirt on. And I'm staring at my new monitor: AccuSync 900.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:26 AM   #69  
Eating for two!

Marge--I sometimes enjoy driving. It really depends on my mood. Around here, the traffic is so insane that it usually just stresses me out more. I don't mind driving up to CT (about 7-8 hours) or down to Va Beach (about 4 hours), though, because those long drives on calmer roads are much more soothing

Kimberely--I second Dr. Marge: pamper thyself well!

Aimee--at least you exercised twice, so maybe you burned off the calories of the vanilla latte before you even drank it In any case, I hope your head feels better!

Well, we finally got everything straightened out with Comcast. Our cable works, our phone works, and our internet works--we are officially up and running! I still have to call them one more time, though, to find out how to program the remote for my tv and then to complain about having to pay for installation when he installed the wrong box, so we had to get a new box and install it ourselves! Other than that, it is LOST night, man! Woohoo!
Old 10-19-2005, 10:03 PM   #70  

Hi! I decided to skip my morning sit down and read/post, I am finding I don't have enough time in a day to accomplish everything people require from me. So it's time to cut back a little! I managed to have time to prepare breakfast and lunch this morning, and we left early, so I guess I really DO spend a lot of time on here in the morning.

Marge - I think if I could live in sweat pants I might, sweat pants and pj's, hehe. I've decided that the biggest loser SUCKS, I mean, girls CLEARLY lose weight slower, plus if you add the fact that all the girls are closer to their goal weight than the guys.. it's NOT fair. They better fix that next week, or I might hurt someone. How do licenses work in the USA? Here we have to keep them updated, they sent all sorts of mail, and we renew every 5 years and it costs 75 bucks. Also, depending on where you live your insurance is cheaper, so I keep my license at Josh's parents place because it's much cheaper to insure there.

Jill - How do you figure out how many calories you burn per half hour? My latte has 200 calories, and 0 grams of fat. I had another one today I'm also curious how many calories I burn at work! Glad to hear you got all that cable stuff worked out, I hate that about moving, it takes a few days/weeks to get things worked out. It took me 2 months to get my internet worked out! Grr, I still hate my telephone provider for that.

Kimberley - how are you feeling today?

So gals, do you think I need a new avatar picture? This one is getting kinda old, plus my hair has grown out.. I'm going to search for new pictures.. I'm hoping one of you knows how to make it smaller.. lemme know! I am off to try and cure this headache, yup, another one... ugh.

-Aimee
Old 10-20-2005, 12:24 AM   #71  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Default One ringy-dingy...

Howdy from the nightowl. I've been working on my client's bi-weekly newsletter and am finally to the point where I posted my draft for my workgroup to proof it. I'm feeling a little better, and am very happy I can work in my jammies with dogs piled on top of me.

Jill, I thought of you yesterday when we had to deal with utilities. Had a strange thing happen...

My mom used her cellphone to phone me on my cellphone. She wanted to tell me she'd been trying to call our house, but the phone just kept ringing, not even our machine picked up. Thinking she might have just misdialed, I asked her to call our home phone with her land line while I was on the cellphone with her. She did, and heard it ringing on her end...But on my end, nothing. I picked up the phone while she heard it ringing, and all I got was a dialtone.

I was able to dial out just fine. I called Alltel to report the problem and went back to what I'd been doing. Shortly after that, our home phone rang. When I answered, the caller said he was Mr. McN--- calling for Ben. I told him he had the wrong number and as an afterthought inquired what number he'd dialed. He told me the number, and it wasn't ours. Wasn't even close other than the first 3 digits.

Oddly enough, this Mr. McN-- was someone Howie and I knew from our old church, so I told him what was going on with our phone number not ringing in. Even stranger, while he and I were talking, it sounded like the party he was trying to reach picked up his phone and was on the line with the two of us. I got off the line so they could carry on their conversation!

I called Alltel back, even managing to get the same rep, Michael, on the phone a second time. We both found it intriguing and amusing, and a real mystery.

I decided to do a little experiment. Using my cellphone, I dialed the number Mr. McN-- had dialed when he reached me. Yep, my phone rang! I hung up right away because I suspected it might have been ringing at the number's normal location, too. I then used our home phone to call my mother-in-law, who has caller ID. Sure enough, the wrong name and number showed up, displaying the number Mr. McN-- had tried calling.

Not really wanting to call Alltel again, I zapped them an e-mail from their website. I told them the latest and added a funny note saying "I'm tired of playing phone tag. I miss being me. Can I have my number and identity back soon, please?"

This morning, starting at 8:00am (GRR!) we started getting more wrong numbers, incorrectly routed to us. Finally, around Noon, a tech called our home line and said they'd traced the problem back to some mixed-up wiring at the office. A little while later, the Alltel employee who received my e-mail called on my cellphone and asked if we were still having problems. He'd gotten a kick out of my e-mail.

What a wild ride that was. I wonder where our calls ended up. I'm just glad it was some local guy's phone number that got switched to our residence and not 911. LOL!

Last edited by Gardenwife; 10-20-2005 at 12:27 AM.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:19 AM   #72  

Phew Kimberley, thats crazy stuff! A little amusing as well. glad it's all worked out!! And good thing you have a cell phone!

-Aimee
Old 10-20-2005, 12:23 PM   #73  
Never surrender

Isn't it funny, Jill? it's so weird to about being without all that stuff, especially the www. And it really hasn't been around all that long. When I was in college in the late 80s most people didn't even have a computer. Now some colleges require it. Berkeley had several rooms around campus where you could go use one if you wanted to.

so I guess I really DO spend a lot of time on here in the morning.--Aimee

guilty of the same offense!!

Here, they charge $20 the first time for a driver's license, then about $8 every 6 years. It's a state regulated process, so the fees may differ from state to state.

Sure, let's see a new avatar! Always happy to see a new pic!

re: biggest loser, I had the same reaction! I mean, on top of that, alot of the guys were in the 300 to 400 lb range, so they'd be bound to lose large amounts quickly.

Kimberley, what a story! I've stuck to verizon and att here for the office just because whenever I tried something different it would be such a hassle and I'd have to spend so much time clearing up bugs like crossed wires. Larry wants to consolidate his services, but I just know at this point it would be a headache (for me, not him, I'd have to make all the calls). And you know phone service has it's own timetable (at least here in NYC) when it comes to repairs. Or even responding to repair calls.

Well, I'd better get some stuff done here. I'm having a motivation problem these past days. Can't wait to get the exercise back into full swing. Rob went to court today to file papers for his mom re: his brother's estate. It will still be another 10 days before we get the necessary documents to do anything. Sigh.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:54 PM   #74  

Goodmorning! I don't work until this afternoon, it was nice to sleep in I had another headache last night, so Josh and I, uh huh... did 1 mile WATP, it was very funny to see him do it. Josh got me a cold cloth at bedtime and that helped as well, and, the headache is GONE this morning I don't know whats going on these days!!

Marge - I get their initial plan on the biggest loser, and at first I thought it might work. I was wrong, and it aggrivates me, heh.

Our telephone company is on strike, there are very few repairs happening, no new connections for their internet connection, I suspect they have to do new phone lines. I'm not sure who though. They've been on strike since July. We only have the one option for home lines here... you know, the whole province is going to h e double hockey sticks! The teachers are striking, being threatened everyday by the government... the nurses were out last year...

Anyways, I'm babbling.. I'm going to go weigh in, and then find some breakfast! I have been avoiding that scale, and maintaining for so long... fingers crossed that I've lost at LEAST half a pound!

-Aimee
Old 10-20-2005, 01:04 PM   #75  
Eating for two!

I know there is a Biggest Loser thread here, but I need to add my two cents--I agree that it is unfair! It has been scientifically proven that it is easier for men to lose wieght than for women, so how can they team men against women? I know they go by percentages, not total pounds, but it's so sad to see the women get discouraged at losing "only" 5 or so pounds a week. I would KILL for that!
Closed Thread