Old 09-13-2005, 02:28 PM   #31  

Hey zacksmom- Again welcome to the thread!!! Curious as to what the 3 hour diet is? Do you eat mini meals every 3 hrs? I'm sure that would work, but I love to sit down and enjoy 3 COURSE meals!!! I know, I'm bad. Portion control is my new best friend and I count calories like crazy. Let us know how we can help.
tampagirlcmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 03:21 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 184/175/135

Height: 5'2"

Whoa that 3 hour diet thing sounds cool however my schedule would never allow it. I have gotten better with portion control though I try and make myself have small snacks in the morning and afternoon of fruit or veggies because I am veggie challanged and need to get my 5 a day in and also it helps me eat less at meals so thats great ^__^ I do A LOT of calorie counting. I walk almost every day and I am starting to jog every other day and add strength training to my work out routine. Also I gave up regular soda and switched to diet. I used to drink way to much and now I eat less and it's slightly better for me.
ajkulig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 04:21 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 269/243/145

Tampagirl,
When I started I completely gave up pop of all kinds, drank tons of water and started counting calories. I kept it at the low end 1200 a day. I realize that is rather low but I had to see a loss to start or I would have given up like I had so many times in the past. The first week I lost 5 pounds, mostly water weight but still a loss so I was happy. The first week and half I just cut my calories. Then I started doing an eight minute taebo workout. I then moved up to a 30 minute workout. I decided I didn't want to spend the rest of my life counting calories, many people stay trim without it, so now I watch what I eat and keep an idea of how many I have eaten in my mind. I do taebo everyday, between 30 and 60 minutes, depending on what else I do. I also do pilates and a ball strenght training workout. I just started doing the taebo boot camp with the resistance bands and that is a major workout, hard but great. As far as what I eat I limit the unhealthy stuff, eat lots of fruits and veggies, cottage cheese, and lean meat, yes I do give in, I had m&ms this morning with my kids. My husband and I are always on the go so Burger King and the like are not forbidden, just limited. I even treat myself to ice cream ocasionally, especailly with as hot as it has been. The key for me is moderation. I even drink pop occasionally now as a treat. Always diet and caffine free of course. I'm not perfect though, actually the last two weeks really sucked for me. I was a week and half late with my period, panicked, and didn't work out, or eat right, but the good news I didn't gain, no loss but no gain either. I just learned I can't let things like that scare me and to pick up were I got lost. I just hope to keep trecking on and I will be down to 140 by my 25th birthday in Feb. Good luck to everyone and I am looking forward to hearing what is working for everyone else. Sorry this is so long.
Jen
gingerjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 04:27 PM   #34  
shanna morrison

i pretty much eat every 3 hours, and it's easy to get used to it since i'm a stay at home mom, and it's all about portion control and getting a balance of protein, veggies/fruits carbs and lil fat, it's a great diet and i gave up soda if i have soda its on a rare occasion and it's usually diet 7 up no calories at all. but i mostly stick to water and if i have my decaf coffee with splenda i add 2 more 8 oz's of water to my alread 8 8 oz's of water every day.

and i walk 2X aday and i live in woonsocket RI ( mainly known for all it's hills) i'm looking into getting an exercise machine incase i don't feel like going out or if the weather is bad.
ZacksMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 10:21 PM   #35  

I'm just counting calories and walking..

welcome everyone!
mama2aredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 02:30 PM   #36  
shanna morrison

how's everyone doing, something new i did today was put my scale infront of the fridge and i hop on everytime i get the urge to go inthere. also i have a picture of a rhino with it saying in a bubble (think do you really want to go in there)

it's just the little things that help me along......
Old 09-14-2005, 02:45 PM   #37  

oh Shanna.. can you send me that pic to my email??

[email protected]

I walked 1.6 miles today.. I'm pooped, I cant believe how tired I em....... oh well the girls had a good time
mama2aredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 03:34 PM   #38  

Happy Wednesday Ladies! zacksmom-what a good idea with the scale in front of the fridge. I should try that one! I spend so much of my time in the kitchen these days, sometimes I feel like the fridge is pulling me towards it. I don't keep anything terrible in the house, but it takes everything in me to not bust out the flour and sugar and bake cookies, thats how bad I want sweets sometimes. Does anyone else have sugar cravings like mad? and how do you deaL? Have a great daayyayayy.
tampagirlcmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 03:41 PM   #39  
shanna morrison

i try not to deprive myself so i allow myself a 30-50 calorie treat either after my lunch or 3 hours before my bedtime.

jorge cruise says you do more harm than good if you deprive yourself.

but i still get cravings and the picture on the fridge and the scale help me out alot.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:59 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 184/175/135

Height: 5'2"

And here I was thinking that I was the only one who did silly little things like that. I have a picture of a tiny pink bikini taped to my fridge and every time I think about snacking on some thing I shouldn't I just think that's one step closer to never wearing a bikini again. lol and my dh left his bag of cheetos that he got yesterday here (we have an agreement that they do not live in this house) and when he came home for lunch he asked me why there was a post it saying "Cheetos are bad BAD" on his chips hehe.

Angela
ajkulig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 04:07 PM   #41  
shanna morrison

lol that's a good one, hubby buys things like that and i tell him thats fine but leave them at the office, thank god he doesn't have a weight problem he could do exercise more but that's about it.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:24 PM   #42  

Lol! "Cheetos are bad bad!" *giggle* I try to send that kind of stuff w/ hubby to work so it'sn ot in the house.

I don't deprive myself of goodies everyday, but most of the time I just don't want them lately.

I did 60 mins of ashtanga yoga today! What a workout.... I had to skip some of the moves becaue I'm just not strong enough.
loosinbabyfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 04:59 PM   #43  
MOTIVATE!!!

I've did really good today. I've been cleaning all day so getting my water in hasn't been hard. I also had a great breakfast which was on 7 points and filled me up. The thing I'm trying to teach myself right now is I don't need to eat until I'm hungry. I'm very much a boredom eatter. I eat just because it's there. Most of the stuff in the house right now is good food. My husband's maintaining his weight loss right now, so it's not hard and I'm not all that tempted. My parent's are coming to stay with us for 3 days though and I know it will be hard because we normally go out to eat or they will take us to the grocery to help us out, so I know the next few days will be hard.
Shamernadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 05:00 PM   #44  
Determined

I'm just doing the calorie counting thing. I also joined a gym, so when I weigh in on Tuesday, we'll see how it's going! Loosinbabyfat - where do you do the yoga? Do you go to a class, or did you find a good DVD? I'm a single mom and a nurse, so on the days I work my 12 hour shifts, I have to work out at home and am hunting for some good DVD's for those days, as well as days when the daycare at my gym isn't open. Thanks, and thanks for starting this thread you guys!
happydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 05:08 PM   #45  
MOTIVATE!!!

I'm curious has anyone tried any of the hip hop aerobics DVDs out there?
Shamernadi is offline   Reply With Quote