Old 08-29-2005, 08:48 AM   #46  
Lifeishort, Operaislong

Default Day 3 complete

Man, I am loving this challenge idea. I love a competition, especially when it's with myself!

Redballoon - Thanks again for the encouragement, you are a fabulous thread organizer! You are right, jogging outside is fantastic. Not only is it just nice, but I don't have to pay for it. I'm even liking exercising in extreme humidity, if you can believe it. I know it's a mindgame, but when I sweat more, I feel like I've had a better workout. heh heh.

SushiPenguin - Best of luck with your move - to a new continent!! Sheesh, I thought moving from Brooklyn to Manhattan was a hassle. I am sending you positive thoughts, because moving can be one of the worst things we have to do.

Carla - Thanks for the welcome and positive words. I'm really finding this board to be just the boost I needed to get back into my routine after my vacation.

Curlylocks - I am SO with you on music during a workout. I credit my ipod with keeping me motivated. I see people jogging without any sort of headphones and I think, I am sure I couldn't do that. Sometimes I get inspired and sing along (in short gasps) and I know people think I'm nuts. Luckily, I'm in New York and being nuts is "in".

Best wishes to everyone in their challenge-meeting today!
Chaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 10:03 AM   #47  

Oops! I think my post was misinterpreted. What I meant was that I have never seen negative posts on 3FC website. But I have on other websites.

I am starting my day 1 today. I am excited. Not only for the challenge but to read all the posts every day!

Good luck to all of you !!!

Tina
justkeepswimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 10:05 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

carla49 - Thanks for the cheer! I'd love to be an interpreter but I have enough problems with English! I have a few software programs that teach Spanish, German , Italian but I can't speak any of them. I don't know if this is why I'm interested in them but up til the age of 4 yrs I lived by both sets of grandparents. They knew english but spoke only spanish. So I recall being able to understand what they were saying to me and I'm not sure if I spoke it back because when I think back on it now I'm speaking english to them and vise versa. (But I know they were speaking spanish) We moved out of state and I recall on family vactions each year I would understand less and less of what they were saying to me. Now it's completely lost. (except for a word here and there) My parents used Spanish as a secret language when they didn't want us kids to know something. (X-mas time , Easter, Birthdays...) That is what they told us when we were younger. So to this day I'm extremly interested but haven't master any, maybe it's because I'm dyslexic. Sorry for this being so long.

Red - Congrats on that 30 minute jog!! I hope to be able to do that someday. If my knees are willing. I loved running as a kid. (even if I wasn't fast)
Thanks for standing on that soapbox. I really needed to hear that. It really ment alot to me. It was very very scary to be so dizzy to the point of passing out. I'm going to try SP2/WW plan and see what happens. I love whole grains in bread and cereal.

fancyfrog - You'll repeat day one 21 times!!! I look forward to cheering you on!

curlylocks - Now that you mention it I did see something fly by my window. I thought it was a fancy UFO. Love the B - I - N - G - 0 trick going to give it a try! When I gave birth to my daughter I sang Mary had a little lamb to ease the pain. It's kind of funny now because the doctor was singing rignt along with me. LOL

Chaps - Sounds like your ready to dig in your heels! Great!!

ladynredd - I love Richard Simmons videos. It's been so long since I've done them. I didn't know he had dance I'm going to check ebay for those. Sounds like fun!

Now if you hadn't fallen fast asleep... I completed my 21 day challenge!!

It had been such a wonderful experience that I'm ready for another! I'll post it later I'm still planning on what it will be. I want to take everyone for being there for me! Red thanks for starting this!

I'm going to put this little guy for every day I complete a challenge.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 11:15 AM   #49  

Default I'd like to join!

Been lurking at this site for a while now and have gotten lots of great inspiration! My challenge will be to exercise 30 minutes (minimum!) for 6 days and get 8 glasses of water every day! I have been counting calories and it seems to be working well for me..

A little about me - I live in west Michigan about a mile from Lake Michigan - have a beautilful beach and boardwalk to walk - I just turned 44 - I have 3 children - 23 yrs, 17 yrs and 15 yrs (teenagers are a challenge in itself!) and a supportive husband (of 25 years) - Work full time and my youngest is active in sports so time (and extra energy) are a challenge!

So far, day 1 is going good!

JaneMarie
janemarie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 02:40 PM   #50  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

i just got dance your pants off on ebay for $2.99!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 03:45 PM   #51  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Talking Mez has made it!!!!

Mezmerize -- You have done it!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Wow, 21 days!!! Three entire weeks of sticking to your challenge. What an accomplishment!!

You had some hard times but you stuck to it. Taste the sweet taste of success!!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 04:19 PM   #52  

Red - Thanks so much!!! I'm so happy I made it and I'm ready for another.
Here's my new 21 day Challenge.

Workout EVERYDAY! - Even if it only 10 minutes a everyday... even if it only 5 minutes twice a day. I'm going to. I do plan on doing more but I see no reason why I can't do at least 10 minutes each day. So no excuses!!! You call me on if I do whine. I was going to add staying on plan but I'm not real sure what my plan is other than WW and kind of SBD P2 . Darn it I can't dance around it. I'm going for it I don't care how many times I have to repete- Here's my final answer- At least 10 minutes of workouts EVERYDAY!!! To stay on my eating plan. WW/SBD P2-ish
Old 08-29-2005, 06:36 PM   #53  
Staying in 1derland!

day #8!! all done..
Old 08-30-2005, 06:28 AM   #54  
Lifeishort, Operaislong

Default Mezmerize is da bomb!

Congratulations on completion!

Day four is done for me, good luck to everyone for today!
Chaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 09:01 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Default Day 4

Congrats Mezmerize!!!

Another good day yesterday. I did do the Richard Simmons tape although I found myself, well, frustrated by his lack of directions. When you've never learned the mambo or samba you need some cues, yanno? For a while I may end up just marching in place to the music ... maybe turn my back to the TV screen.

Had one of those good news-bad news phone calls last night. The good news is it's going to be a girl! Due around Dec. 20. We knew baby was on its way, just not which sex. I always wanted a girl but all I got was icky old boys!!

The bad news is that my ex may have prostate cancer. I called him after talking to my son and we talked for 3 hours. Part of me is glad we're no longer married so the concern/fear/grief is not so in-your-face. Apparently he didn't realize I was coming out for the birth of the baby (like, DUH!) and I'm sure I'll get to deal with this, and much, much more, at that time. I mention it here because while I paced up and down the hall a few times after the phone call, I did NOT go in the kitchen and stuff my face. If anything, I was way under my points count yesterday due to running out of fruitables -- I have GOT to do my grocery shopping today! No way to stay on program without fruitables.

Let's make it a good day today, gang! Today is the first day of the rest of my life.
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 09:22 AM   #56  

Thanks everyone! I couldn't have done without each of you!!

ladynredd - Congrats on it being a girl. Sorry to hear about your ex. I know what you mean about having certain things that help one ajust to a new lifestyle. Also congrats on Day 4.

Chaps - That da bomb thing made me lol my computer is by my window and the guy next door heard me he looked over and gave me the stangest look!! What a great way to start ones moring but with laughter. Congrats on your Day 4 !

curlylocks - Congrats on day 8. I seen you have a couple challenges under your belt. That is really great!!

Aug 29 th Day 1 of new challenge - 3mileWATP Used Activity Pts Stayed in points.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:23 AM   #57  

Wow, Mez, starting a new challenge right away with no break? Girl, you are all that and a bag of chips! (I thought you might need another laugh.)

Donna, that's a bummer about your ex. With any luck it will be very slow-growing. I seem to remember reading that some prostate cancers are so non-agressive that it's possible to live with them fairly comfortably. I hope that is right and that it applies to him. No one needs the stress, especially the mother-to-be.

Yesterday I was all excited about hitting 200. So excited I really did NOT eat like a thin person, or a French woman or anyone with common sense. So of course today I jumped on the scales full of hubris expecting to be back in Onederland. Ha!! Back up 2 pounds. Two important lessons here: only weigh once a week (if I'd waited until Sunday for my weekly weigh-in, maybe I would never have seen this nasty blip.). And if I have to celebrate with food, make it veg and fruit ONLY.

I think seeing all the Hallowe'en candy out in bright coloured, attractive, delicious-looking bags and boxes got me feeling a little sorry for myself. Because of course those tiny bars are so much better than the big ones, and they're such a good deal, and of course after the next two months I WILL NEVER GET ANOTHER CHANCE TO BUY THEM!!!!!!! Anyway, I think that's what prompted the little granola-nut bar binge. Confession over, time to move on.

Tomorrow the remnants of Katrina are supposed to hit here. They're talking about a month's worth of rain in a day. So we'll all break out our brollies and wellies and go play in the puddles. (Not really. I'm rambling. Must be caused by chocolate and wine deprivation.) Day 7 done, two weeks to go.

Red, Chaps, Curly, Tina, Froggy, JaneMarie and anyone I've missed: hello and bye for now.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 07:47 PM   #58  
Staying in 1derland!

day 9 ! plus i took the inflatable boat out and paddled for @ 3 hrs today! then went and did my workout. and i am still drinking all my water!

Im also doing the presidents physical fitness challenge and i am almost done and will get my bronze medal!! it takes 20,000 points and i think i need @ 3300 more
Old 08-30-2005, 08:31 PM   #59  

Way to go Curly! So many challenges, so little time. (No, I don't know what that's supposed to mean. But it popped into what passes for my brain, and I didn't want to waste it. )
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 09:55 PM   #60  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Red face Groundhogging Day 5.....

Good morning, all. Groundhog Day for me here. Oh well, it came from being too hungry and then having crackers put before me. I really had to eat them....well, you know, how it is. But, since I have the max of three pause days, I took one. The problem is I topped off those crackers with some more unmentionables because..well, because I could...and I don't know if this is a good thing or not...However, I did stop when I could have kept going...so, maybe that's progress. Okay, so I'm doing Day 5 again. I had a good exercise day yesterday too, though that isn't part of my official challenge.

You know, strangely...for me...I am experiencing for maybe the first time, "inklings" you could call them, or little bursts of images (no, not dropping acid) of what it could be like to actually have the body I like, to look at my passing reflection in a shop window, a full-length mirror outside, and actually like it, not quickly look away and feel defeated, like I usually do. Wow, it would be like, looking at that reflection would spur me on to work out to maintain it I think, whereas now, I see it and usually my enthusiasm just disappears with a "pop!" like when you snap one of those packing bubbles. That's what it feels like and I just want to cry. I felt that way yesterday before going to the gym..but I did push on and go and work out....okay, enough of the self-analysis here....

Well, running short here....will get back to you all later!

Last edited by redballoon; 08-30-2005 at 10:00 PM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote