Old 06-13-2005, 07:31 AM   #1  

Default Circle of Friends Week of June 12th

Hello everybody,

We had TS Arlene hit on Friday with a lot of rain which we didn't need. We were on the edge of it as it headed up the Gulf. It cleared up Sat. morning with only a few rain showers throughout the day.

My girlfriend along with her grandson is flying down on Thurs. Hopefully we'll hook up before they go to Disney World. After they come back from DW, she's going to stay with me for a few days. I'm really looking forward to that.

Our hot tub should be arriving some time on Thurs. Now, this should be fun. DH has to take one of the screens out of the lanai so they can put in. He & I are hoping it will go back in the same way it came out.

Have a good day.
Ali

aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:08 AM   #2  

Good Morning Everyone: :
Ali, I would love a hot tub. I am sure you guys are going to just love it.
We are getting reminants of Arlene today. In our case we reallyl need
the rain. We haven't had any to speak of in a couple of weeks and our
temperatures are really really hot and humid.

Hi Nikki, how are you doing today? Are you going to be getting any of the
effects of Arlene?

Hi Katey, My work is piled to the roof today because of the two days I was
off, but you know what, today I am not going to let it get to me. It will
get done when I can do it
How do you like these temperatures??

Have a great day Everyone:
Anne.
ANNE D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 02:58 PM   #3  

Hi All,

It's been extremely hot and humid here. I don't know if it's remains of Arlene or what, but rain, rain and more rain around here. This afternoon, they are predicting tornado's, since some low pressure is going to move in from the west. So far today, it's not been too bad, in the upper 70's, but dew point has been 63, so it's a bit on the humid side. I've been working outside in it all day long and after awhile, you just get use to it.
Stripe is now ok. His paws are almost healed up. The odd thing is, I was afraid this would change his personality and it did. But it's for the better. He's a much more loving cat than he use to be and enjoys being held more. Yet, he is still the same little devil too, so we got the best of what could be out of the whole ordeal.
Anne, glad to hear that your not going to let it get to you. Just take it a little at a time and then do something different for awhile, if you can. I always try to take baby steps with everything I do, or break it down into sizable chunks and then I can cope with things that seem to be insermountable.
Ali, my back is feeling better, but one of these days, don't be surprised if you walk out on the lanai and I'm sitting in your hot tub with a bottle of wine or some bottle beer in a cooler. That would feel so good when my muscles and arthritis is giving me fits. But, if I drank too much, you'd have to help me get out
Kate, isn't your DH's birthday coming right up? Are you going to make a strawberry pie? My strawberries are only giving me a pint to a quart a day, nothing like I thought. For every strawberry I pick, the birds have eaten 2 more. They don't eat much, just take a bite and move on to the next nice berry, my little feathered friends
Well, better go, have a good day, Nikki

Last edited by nikkic; 06-13-2005 at 03:04 PM.
nikkic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:50 PM   #4  

Hi all,
The temps and humidity have been scorchers. We jumped right into the dog days of summer. We've gotten quite a bit of rain which we really needed, but it hasn't done anything for the humidity.

Ali: Glad that Arlene didn't give you anything but rain even though you've seen enough of that lately. Hey, I went to the library and found one of your books...Shopaholic and Sister I'm about to start it, just finishing up Summer's Child. That's great that your hot tub will be there soon. I know you'll enjoy it. Just in time for the arrival of your girlfriend. Ahh...a relaxing hot tub, a glass (or two) of wine and lots of laughs, what fun! It's nice that you'll get to spend some more time together. How's the eating going?

Anne: Good attitude about your piled up work You'll get it done just don't let it get you stressed. I hope that you enjoyed your time off. I can't stand the humidity. It's been unbearable. Thank goodness the air conditioning at work has been working and we have central air at home. I'm into the summer census letters that are coming back. We received about 1500 and there's probably 300-400 so far that need changes in my database. We sent out about 4500 so we've got a ways to go. It's a good thing that I love doing data entry Hope your week with goes well.

Nikki: So you've been getting this hot, horrible weather too! I hope that they were wrong about the tornado. I spent a couple hours on Saturday brushing stone dust between the pavers in our new sidewalk. Not the best day to do it, but it needed to get done. So great that Stripe is doing well. Don't you just love it when they want to be cuddled? DH's birthday is Wednesday. I haven't seen any ads for homegrown strawberries yet, but I'll make him one with store bought berries (probably 2 with Father's Day coming up too) I thought you'd be picking them by the bushels by now. Shoo those birds!

I want you all to know that I was very sorry to hear about your friend Lynn. You're all in my thoughts.
Take care,
Kate
Katey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 12:01 AM   #5  

Kate,
Thanks for what you said about Lynn. We will miss her very much, she was a very wonderful, funny and caring person. Nikki
Lynn
Old 06-14-2005, 07:31 AM   #6  

Hello everyone,

Well, I honestly don't know what was with yesterday. We didn't have any rain or T/storms. It was awfully hot though.

My girlfriend, who was here a few weeks ago, is flying in on Thurs. with her grandson. She's staying at her son's house before she and her grandson head to Disney World. I thought we were just going to get together for dinner and a movie on Fri. night. But, she e mailed me yesterday and she's planning on spending the night here on Fri.
She is heading back this way after they do Disney World, then she's spending a few nights here. I'm really looking forward to seeing her again.

Kate, thank you for your kind words about Lynn. Nikki said it all as to the kind of person she was and we will miss her very much. I hope you like my Shopaholic book. I'm an only child, so I don't have very much experience with having a sister. Those books are really cute. Do you like living with central air? This is my first time with it. In NH we had 2 window units. We usually keep it around 74° - 76° during the day, then turn it down to 72° at night thanks to my hot flashes. You have a lot of letters to enter. How many do you get done in a day? Will it take you the entire summer to finish them all?

Anne, I like your attitude about getting your work done. Good for you! I am looking forward to the hot tub. I asked DH if we could regulate the temp. of the water because I don't know what it's going to feel like getting into such hot water when it's 90° out. Is your hot and humid weather going to break soon? My MIL, who lives in MA said that by Wed. it's to be in the 60's.

Nikki, glad that your back is doing better. Seeing you out on our lanai would be such a pleasure, and don't be surprised if I jumped right in to help you drink the wine or beer! That is wonderful news about Stripe. I'm glad that he likes to cuddle more. It's a great feeling when your pet likes to cuddle along with you.

Since Lynn loved these little guys. LYNN

Enjoy your day everyone.
Ali
Old 06-17-2005, 10:41 AM   #7  

Happy Friday All

Happy Birthday Nikki!!! Hope; you have plans
for a real super celebration!!!!

Katey, thank you for your kind words about Lynn, I have been so depressed.
Its hard to believe, it was all so fast.

Our weather has really cooled off and boy am I happy I have been
busy as usual at work. I am in the process of looking at notebook computers.
We need an extra one at home, my sons are always, always hogging it.

Hey, Aleka!! hows that hot tub of yours?

Have a great day.
Anne.
ANNE D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 12:55 PM   #8  

TGIF!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIKKI!! I hope it's a good one for you.

Anne, they delivered and set up the hot tub yesterday. We used it last night and I can say it's mighty fine! The water is around 100° and the air temp last night was in the 80's. The air really felt cool after being in the hot water. Then when we came into the house with the A/C on, it felt like a meat locker. Glad that your weather has cooled off. I have been blue myself about Lynn. When I started our thread on Monday, my heart wasn't in it.

Kate, I just finished a book, Cold Case Squad by Edna Buchanan. I really enjoyed it. It was one of those books that you have to concentrate on because of all the characters. Once I got the characters straightened out, it got better.

Hope you all have a great weekend.
Ali
Old 06-18-2005, 07:13 AM   #9  

HI Guys,

Thank you for the birthday wishes. It was a nice day, I painted the back of the house again yesterday. We wemt to Walmart amd DH bought me a
memory foam mattress for the camper for my birthday. It was really what I wanted, so that was great. For lunch we went to the Chinese place and in the evening, we went to his hometown and went to the bars. That isn't my favarite thing to do, but he's on vacation and wanted to go. It was ok though.
Ali, the new hot tub sounds great. I bet that was like walking into winter when you went into the ac.
Anne, our weather is starting to heat up again and since you get what we are having, just a few days later, then I bet yours will too. It's suppose to be back in the 90's here in a few days.
We are suppose to be camping, but we can't find a spot. Just as soon as a place opens up, someone moves on it and takes it. We are hoping on Monday to get one, lots of people will be leaving then. These are mostly race fans anyway.
Talk to you guys later, Nikki
Old 06-18-2005, 10:31 AM   #10  

Nikki: I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to check in yesterday....a very happy belated birthday to you! It sounds like you had a good day. I think I need one of those foam mattresses for camping. Chinese food...one of my favorites, but no one in my family will eat it. We ordered it for lunch one day this week at work. I went healthier than I usually do. Had broccoli and chicken instead of sesame or sweet and sour chicken.

Ali: Take a soak in the hot tub for me It sounds heavenly! I like that show Cold Case so I bet I'd like a book dealing with that subject too.

Anne: Our weather has cooled down too, hallelujah!!!! but lots of rain. I can't take that humidity.

I've been thinking of all of you. I knew that Lynn's passing would hit you hard because you were all so fond of her. It's such a shock when things like that happen so quickly. She brightened all your lives with her humor and friendship so she lives in your hearts with the memories that you have. I wish that I had gotten to know her. She sounds like she was a very special person. Hugs to all of you.

Got to run some errands.

Take care,
Kate
Katey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 08:10 AM   #11  

Good morning

It's Monday, I'll start a new thread.

See ya all there!

Ali