3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Time For Serious Fun #106 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/59637-time-serious-fun-106-a.html)

gma22 06-15-2005 07:25 AM

Time For Serious Fun #106

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

gma22 06-15-2005 07:32 AM

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes a time to gripe about anything or anyone!

Amanda :bravo:
Faye :bravo:

Amanda: Your tiredness could be a touch of anemia, could be thyroid, could be low blood sugar so going to the dr is a good thing. If nothing else, you will find out it is just from you working so hard! Have fun with the Friday Pizza night. I love pizza but rarely eat it because I get heartburn from it so badly!

Nikki: Good Girl! Listen, not going to the dr is not immature. Most of us have probably dragged our feet at least once. I did it for 14 years! I hated the dr and only went when I couldn't fix the problem myself! It won't be long and you will be able to get off the pill. For now just consider it like taking a daily vitamin to improve your health!

My woe is, I have to do a small workout today as I strained something in my lower back yesterday and it is sore. I just don't want to make it worse so no aerobics only gentle laps for me today I think. I often try to stretch farther than I should I think because the water makes it easy and I did something dumb yesterday! lol

Everyone have a good day. I need to finish paying bills! UGH!

Faye :)

QuilterInVA 06-15-2005 11:43 AM

Good morning, ladies - I've not had time to post being very busy at work and home. For those of you who have asked about my husband, right now he is doing pretty good - for him - and able to eat more and not so pale. Tomorrow is our 33rd wedding anniversary.

Been doing okay with eating and water and so-so on exercise. It's been 100 degrees the last 3 days - too hot to walk outside. I am just taking Faye's advice and not stressing about it and taking it one day at a time.

Faye, do you have meds for your heartburn or is it just when you eat a particular food? I'm on Nexium for Gerd and it still is a daily occurence. Weirdly, tomatoes and acidic foods don't bother me - just plain water will really bring it on.

Amanda, hope you get more energy. When my thyroid meds need changed I am like a rundown battery - no get up and go.

Nikki, take your bp meds - a stroke is nothing to mess with. Like Faye said, the list of health problems from high bp is no joke.

To everyone else - hi!

Amanda Panda 06-15-2005 03:38 PM

Hi all,

I got just one point yesterday - had a rest day and then ended up going about 150 over my cals. I'm feeling better after my rest and had another big workout today - so I'll probably be exhausted again tomorrow! :dizzy: I weighed myself this morning and I have lost 1lb, almost 2lb - so I am pleased to see the scales moving after staying the same for nearly a month!

Thanks for the advice about my exhaustion - I have considered both anaemia and an underactive thyroid. I am a vegetarian so it could be anaemia - although I am taking a high quality multi vitamin every day that provides 100% of my RDA. My mum has an underactive thyroid and I had mine checked about 2 years ago and it was okay - although I know it is something that can change. I'll see how I am over the next month - I am working out very hard at the gym so it may just be that.

NIKKI - Glad you saw the doc - I am sure that you will be off the meds in no time at all, if you continue to lose weight and exercise. Well done on the running - I can't wait till I am fit enough to run and get 'runners high'.

FAYE - Sorry you've strained your back - it's annoying isn't it, especially when you're in a good rhythm of training.

SUSAN - Glad to hear that your hubby is doing a bit better - and may I say

HAPPY 33RD WEDDING ANNIVERSARY TO YOU BOTH!!

:cp: :hat: :gift: :dance: :cp: :hat: :gift: :dance: :cp: :hat: :gift: :dance:

Love Amanda x

gma22 06-16-2005 06:00 AM

THURSDAY: Today is Time For Us THursday. Take Time for yourself today!

Amanda :flow2:
Faye:dancer:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO SUSAN AND HER HUBBY!

:hb: :cp: :hat: :gift: :dance: :balloons:

I went over my cal and fat last night, but not anything horrendous. I have to learn how to control emotional stuff.

desertseatingoceans 06-16-2005 11:04 AM

Hey Ladies!
So suprisingly enough I don't really even mind taking my meds daily. It acutally kinda reminds me to take my vitamins. So I weighed myself from two weeks ago, and I am down 3.5 lbs. Yay me. Yesterday Im pretty sure I went over on calories, but not by much, so, meh, whatever. I still think I did pretty well. I went to the Olive Garden (I LOOOOVVVEEE italian food) and instead of getting my usual mountain of pasta covered in heavy cream sauce, I got one of their low fat options with whole grain pasta instead of regular...and then I kept my portion small and took the rest home. It was actually really delicious. Probably still wasnt all that fanatastic for me, but hey, I made an effort.

Faye-Good for learning to control your emotional stuff. Take it easy on that back, wouldn't want to hurt it more. Hope its feelin a little better this morning.

Amanda-Congrats on finally seeing the scales move! Dont you just love that feeling?

Susan-HAPPY 33rd ANNIVERSARY! Thats quite an accomplishment these days, I hope it's fantastic! :woo:

Well, I got to get outta here, got a lot of cleaning to do....man Im sounding a little like Faye over here! :lol:

Nikki

Amanda Panda 06-16-2005 03:05 PM

Hi all,

I got 4 points yesterday! I am pleased today as I bought a new top and I'm fitting into a 20 (US size 16). When I started this diet in January I was in a 24, so I'm really chuffed. It proves to me that even if the scales haven't moved much over the past month, my shape is definately changing and I am getting slimmer. :cp:

FAYE - Don't sweat about going over your cals slightly - like you say, it was nothing major. Today is a new day!

NIKKI - You are doing so well! Congrats on the weight loss!

COME BACK SOON JULIE AND CARRI - I MISS YOU BOTH!!

Love Amanda x

Mirabelly 06-16-2005 05:15 PM

Hi everyone!
Sorry I've been gone so long! What a weird week........From Sat. thru Tues. it was sunny, humid and in the 90s :eek: !!!! Which is weather we up here are just NOT prepared to deal with for more than a day or two. Then BAMMO! The rest of the week it's been in the upper 40's and low 50s!!! :?: What the F...is THAT?? I love Maine, I love the weather here, but I just wish it would make up its mind sometimes.

The weather changing is seriously messing with my body, that and pms. The sugar and starch has started creeping back into my diet...have to nip that one in the bud right now! I've just been holding steady on the scale...same as always, sigh. My dancers have been saying I look smaller, but my clothes all fit the same and the scale...well....I just want to throw it out! DH is still losing steadily, though....I'm so happy for him!

I bought a new pilates dvd today in the hopes it will motivate me to exercise more. Lately I just don't wanna...which is ridiculous because once I start, I love it! Even in the heat, I just love to move and stretch and sweat......so why can't I make myself do it everyday??? Grrr...

Been super busy with the writing thing. I think I may actually have a viable career in about 8 or 10 months. Which is just AwEsOmE!!! It takes at least a year and a half to get any steady income from freelancing, though, because publishing moves soooo slllooowwwww........They assign articles six months in advance of publication, and then don't pay you until the issue comes out. It's a total rip off for writers, but it's how most places do business. ONce in a while you can find some that pay as soon as you write the piece, but those are also the hardest to break into.

Anyway, sounds like doctors all around for everyone, eh? I've got to go in on the 29th to get a 20 year old cyst taken off my head. It started as a little zit like thing, and now I have a golfball sized lump glued to the side of my skull. Fortunately, my hair covers it well...and it doesn't hurt or anything. Just time to get rid of it.

Well, everyone stay healthy and strong...I'll try to get back here more often!
Julie

Satine 06-16-2005 05:25 PM

Hi All !! Sorry that I have been MIA for so long as well ... I have been busy, busy ... I have been staying OP and have lost a couple more pounds but still playing catch up to get back down where I was... but I AM going to do it ...
So glad to hear that you are all doing well ... we are finally getting a humidity break here in Indiana, it has been so hot and humid that I was just miserable ... I went to the Dr last week ( yes I guess we are all going ) and she actually doubled my bp meds so that was sort of bothersome, I guess the amount she had me on was not doing it, my bp was high when I was in her office but her nurse had just said ( before they took my bp ) " well you know Carri, your blood pressure is always higher when you are pregnant." and of course I am not pregnant so yes it did upset me, and then she takes my bp and of course it is high ... oh well I go back and have it checked again in the next couple of weeks... I gotta do what I gotta do to stay healthy I guess, it is surprising to me that I can lose almost 60 pounds and still have high blood pressure but even thin people get it ( I think Faye said that earlier ), well anyhow...
I will try and get back in more often, take care everyone, I am too far behind for individual replies ... :) :) :)

gma22 06-17-2005 06:02 AM

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Friday Follies. A day to make a little fun of ourselves!

Faye :dancer:

Wow, looks like we got the whole group in here yesterday. That is great! I agree, sounds like the drs are making bucks! :lol: That is good though. We are at least keeping an eye on our health.

Nikki: I like Olive Garden too. Unfortunately, my favorite is Chicken Alfredo and there is not much that could be worse on that menu! Keep working and you are going to get where you want to be.

Susan: Glad your husband is feeling better. It kind of de-stresses us when they have evened out even though they aren't well. As for my meds, no I just take Pepcid or something when I have heartburn because as long as I stay on my program, I don't have it!

Julie: Hope your writing truly takes off! I know you are excited about it. We miss you when you aren't here, but we know you are super busy.

Carri: I am sorry you had to deal with an insenitive boob as far as the nurse was and had to up your BP meds, but it is possible that you aren't worse just that like she said, it isn't strong enough to help you out. I am on a low dose compared to most people, (20 mg a day) but it may go up when I go in this fall. Most of my problem is they don't use a big enough cuff and that can increase you bp significantly.

We are going to Nashville tomorrow. Jack's favorite Cub's pitcher was injured earlier in the season, is now at triple A and they are playing the Nashville Sound on Father's Day and Kerry is pitching. It is just he and I as dd and sil have a birthday party for Thomas and we will get wiith them some time next week, but we are looking forward to it. We will be there Sat and Sun and come home Mon. It is kind of my present to him.

Well, on with the day. have lots to do today to get ready to go

Amanda Panda 06-17-2005 09:52 AM

Hi all,

I got 3 points yesterday - another rest day from the gym. I've just come back from a V cycle class and I am really proud of myself as I managed to keep up for 100% of the class - including all the standing up bits! I haven't been on a friday before so it was a different teacher, a man and he had a different style of teaching. He did lots of short bursts of really intensive exercise, but then he would have 30 seconds break to recover so I found that I could really keep up. The class was REALLY hard work and towards the end I was swearing under my breath because it was such an effort - but I loved it and felt a real high afterwards.

JULIE & CARRI - Nice to have you both back!

Must fly,

Love Amanda x

Mirabelly 06-17-2005 05:04 PM

Yay, Amanda! You ROCK!!

Faye, have a great time this weekend.
Julie

gma22 06-17-2005 05:53 PM

Fyi: I Will Probably Be Away From The Site Until Tues Morning. Everyone Have A Great Weekend!

Mirabelly 06-18-2005 10:22 AM

Just a thoughtful quote for you all this weekend:

"Too many women are focused on the size of their thighs instead of the size of their dreams."

Cheers!
Julie

Amanda Panda 06-19-2005 01:40 PM

Hello Girlies,

Well the least said about my performance yesterday the better - although I did get 1 point for water as we are in the midst of a heatwave here so I've been drinking gallons of the stuff!

Today I was determined to go to the gym - despite the fact that it was 85 degrees out! By the time I had walked there with my big sports bag (it's an 8 min walk) I was so hot and bothered - I thought 'what the heck am I doing?' In the end I had a quick swim which was very nice, but unfortunately everyone else had the same idea and it got so busy that I had to get out after 15 mins - but hey at least I tried and I got a little bit of exercise on this extremely hot day. We are due a thunderstorm now - the sky is getting very dark and it's going to pour down any minute now.

I've lost another pound which I am pleased about - especially as I am in the midst of PMS.

FAYE - I have just started taking a herbal remedy for my PMS, which is also for menopause. It was reveiwed on TV over here and apparantly has had very good results, which is why I'm giving it a try. It's main ingredient is pollen extract, but should not affect hayfever sufferers. I'll let you know if it helps me over the next month or two - it will take at least that to kick in.

JULIE - I am so pleased for you about the writing taking off - You've put in alot of work so it's time to reap some rewards.

CARRI - Congrats on the pounds down! Sorry your doctor was so insensitive.

Hello to NIKKI and SUSAN

Love Amanda x

Amanda Panda 06-20-2005 01:10 PM

Me again!

I got 2 points yesterday - went a little over my calories but nothing major. Oh yes, I worked out that I have only 3 more pounds to lose before I have lost 10% of my body weight - a great milestone!

Enjoy your day!

Love Amanda x

Satine 06-20-2005 01:47 PM

Afternoon All - I had a good weekend, seemed to go by fast with all of the traveling we were doing for both Fathers for Fathers Day ... didnt get home until late last night so that meant late to bed...so I am pretty tired today...
Hope you all had a good weekend too ... well I guess Summer is officially here tomorrow, we have already had plenty of hot weather so it feels like it has been here for quite a while ... weather man says that it is going to be in the nineties all weekend, ughhhhh ... makes me want to move up with Julie in her cooler weather :lol:
Still been doing well on my program, lost a total of 4 pounds last week, but summer makes me not have much of an appetite, sometimes it is too hot to eat alot :D

Faye - Hope you are having a great time!!!

Amanda - congrats on your weight loss and your exercising, you are doing such a great job!!!

Julie - Glad to hear that your writing is going so well !! Congrats!!!

Everyone else "hello" !!!!

Going to try and exercise tonight, I had a couple of cupcakes last night that I am feeling guilty about... ha ha ... have a good day all !!!

QuilterInVA 06-20-2005 02:15 PM

Hello, everyone. Husband was feel pretty good yesterday so we went to see a sneak preview of the new Herbie movie. It was really funny - kids and adults will love it. Herbie in a NASCAR race - can you imagine it?

Having some ups and downs on the weekends - Got to get the eating under control then. So what is new with that - same old, same old thing.

From the 95-100 degrees plus humidty we have been having, we have plunged to the 60's today. What a change. I'm glad because our airconditioning at work is broken and they had to order a part so at least I won't die of the heat in the meantime.

Susan

gma22 06-21-2005 06:26 AM

NO TOPIC TODAY

Morning gals. Just a quick post to set up the day. We did absolutely nothing on the trip but hang in the hotel except for the game on Sunday. It was nice, but we go again a week from Friday so I have to get geared up for that!

I will check back in a little while from now as I have stuff I need to get done first

Mirabelly 06-21-2005 10:51 AM

Good Morning chickies!

I'm starting to lose again...Yay! Especially since it's TOM, but I can feel things shifting around. I think I might actually make my June goal after all.

Amanda, good for you on getting to the gym. Just walking there alone should count as some exercise.

Faye, hope you had fun on your trip, even though you just stayed in the hotel room...did it have lots of stairs? :lol:

Carrie, sounds like you're as busy as me! Congrats on the 4 pounds! :cheer:

Susan, I'm so envious that you are so close to your goal! keep plugging away at it!

Nikki, I hope you're taking it easy with the running in all this heat.

I got another writing assignment yesterday, so I'd better get to work.

TTFN,
Julie

Satine 06-21-2005 11:40 AM

Morning Everyone - glad to hear that we are all doing well. I got a 4 pointer yesterday, yes I actually exercised!! :lol: :lol: I am going to do my best to do it again today, just doing the 2 mile WATP DVD in my basement, it is so cool down there, it is great...

Faye - Glad to hear that you had a good time, and glad to have you back...

Julie - Good to hear you are losing again, keep it up !!!

Amanda - Hi !! :)

Susan - So glad to hear that your husband is doing better !!!

Well I hope you all have a good OP day, check back in later, gotta eat breakfast before it gets to close to lunch time !!

Amanda Panda 06-21-2005 01:00 PM

Hello folks,

I got 3 points yesterday - had a rest day from exercise. Had a big workout today though and won a free t - shirt! I said to the guy 'just give me a man's xl size as the girls one's won't fit me' - he gave me a bit of a strange look as if he thought I was joking, and when I got home and opened it up he's given me a fitted ladies one in xl - but it's tiny, I can't even get it over my head! I'm going to take it back tomorrow to swap it for the mans one I asked for - otherwise it will be about a year before I can wear the other one.

I was accosted by a strange man on my way out of the gym - he asked me how much I pay for my membership, which I thought was fair enough and I was very helpful. Then he said 'how long do you exercise for?' - so I said 'about 1-2 hours' - and he said ' you need to exercise because you are fat!'. He then proceeded to give me a lecture about how I should be walking morning, noon and night and I need to lose weight for a long and healthy life - all the while he was smoking , so I said 'yes, well you should quit the fags if you want a long life'. He then started asking me personal stuff like 'where do you live?' and 'do you work?' and 'why don't you work?' - I couldn't believe how invasive he was being! I ended up saying 'I've got to go now' and just walked off - but I wish I had said 'how dare you judge me and ask me all these personal questions - they are NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!'. But I'm so polite I just smile sweetly as he calls me fat! I don't think he was being malicious - he wasn't English and it was probably a cultural difference - but still, who approaches complete strangers, tells them they are fat and then ask them where they live!

I also had a bit of a silly incident at the gym - I decided to shave my legs in the shower and ended up cutting my leg quite badly. It would not stop bleeding and I had to rush through the showers to the toilets to get some tissue - dripping blood all the way! :o Then I got to my locker and luckily had plasters in my bag - I put one on and started to get dressed, then noticed blood dripping out from under the plaster! I was in a right old mess - I ended up putting all 4 plasters on this silly cut and the blood still soaked through! How embarrasing! I wiped up the blood spots off the floor as best I could but there were still some dried bits - oops! The lesson here is NEVER shave your legs out of the comfort of your own bathroom!

Love Amanda x

gma22 06-21-2005 01:55 PM

Amanda :cp:

Amanda: Cultural difference my aunt patoot! Now you listen to me young woman, I got you into the pool and I am going to get you to stand up for yourself. Promise me next time someone insults you with a comment about being fat, you come back with, "And your an ignorant jerk." DO NOT CONVERSE WITH PEOPLE LIKE THAT! Walk away. Ooooh, I wish I had been with you, the man would have had more battle scars than Anakin Skywalker in Episode III! There is nothing wrong with being fat except the health issues involved but even so, no one and I mean NO ONE has the right to do what he did. Do not put up with that or I am going to have to come over there and give you a face to face talking to that will scare Nigel to death!!!! :lol:

Julie: Hey sweety, hope the writing is still going well. Congrats on losing again. It is a pain to be stuck.

Carri: Yeah for you and your pts! You are getting closer and closer to your goal. How is hubby's back doing?

I am pretty sluggish and really tired today so am not op but did get in an hour at the pool. You would think I would be rested lazing around all weekend. Oh and we used the stairs some, but then the elevator was right around the corner! :o :^: :lol:

Have a good afternoon ladies!

Mirabelly 06-21-2005 06:01 PM

was it a battery operated elevator?? :lol: :o ;)

ooooh, I'm so "Cheeky"!

gma22 06-22-2005 07:35 AM

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. A day to gripe and complain!

Julie: You are a bad bad girl! :lol:

I binged yesterday. Haven't done that in awhile. I am hopefully back on track with food today though.

gma22 06-23-2005 08:11 AM

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday a day to give something just to you!

Faye :flow2:

I will check back in later

Faye ;)

Satine 06-23-2005 01:48 PM

Afternoon Girls ... Today and tomorrow it is supposed to hit 90 degrees and be super humid, sounds like fun huh? ;) I am not a big fan of summer weather if you couldn't tell ... I do alot of staying inside in the A/C during the summer months...thank God for my cool basement in my new home ... it is so nice to exercise down there where it is cool ... I only got 3 pts last night but I did weigh myself and I was down another 2 pounds from last week so I am definitely back in the groove, which makes me pretty happy!! My lab tests came back yesterday from my Dr and my cholesterol total is 198...I guess it should be 200 or under so I barely made it :lol: My Dr would like to see it a little lower so I am really trying to stick to my diet and lose this weight!! Everything else came back fine, thyroid, liver, iron, etc ...so that was good.

Faye - Sorry to hear about your binge... about 3 months ago I was doing that about twice a week and crying over it after ... I have not felt the urge to do it for a long time, and for that I am thankful ... You can get right back on ( as we have seen you do before ) ...remember Vegas is not far off !! :)

AManda - That story about that crazy man outside your gym infuriated me and scared me ... sorry you had to go through that...that would have freaked me out, what a jerk!! Do not let him get you down you are doing an EXCELLENT job!!! Keep it up!!

Julie - You are cheeky !! But I like it !! ha ha ha :lol: :lol:

Nikki, Susan, and anyone else reading "hello" ...

gma22 06-24-2005 07:51 AM

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Friday Follies! A day for Silly weight loss stories.

Carri :cp:

Carri: It is above hot here today. It is already in the 80's, expected to go pas 100 degrees today. We haven't had any rain in 2 weeks and none is expected for another week than only about 20% chance. It is nice to be able to swim everyday, but we really need rain and some cooler temps. I like you, stay inside except to swim and I go out at around 7:30 am since I have a key now and then get back in the house.

I am kind of being lazy again but promised myself I would get back to where I needed to be. I need these lbs off before Vegas or I have a bunch of clothes that still have the tags and are not going to fit. I have confidence I can do this though, so I just will!

Everyone have a great weekend

Amanda Panda 06-24-2005 09:52 AM

Hi all,

I've been doing well - 4 points on Weds and 3 points yesterday. It's very hot and humid here too - it makes me very sleepy! This week is the first week that I've done a cycle class on a Weds AND Friday - boy, did I find it hard work today, especially as it's so humid out and the air conditioning at the gym never seems to be working properly! I'm glad I did it though (only 3 of us turned up!) and it will get easier each week I do it - until I up it to 3 classes a week! :dizzy:

FAYE & CARRI - Thanks for your kind words about that jerk. I did feel a bit low about it for an hour or two, but then I said to myself ' don't let that stupid idiot get you down'. I am a lot more assertive than I used to be - but I think that situation threw me a bit because it was so strange and I couldn't quite believe what he was saying!

FAYE - Sorry you've been struggling with your food a bit. I had a bit of a binge on Saturday - I bought half a pound of cheese and just ate loads of cheese sandwiches all day! It was the first time I've done that for months and in the past I would have had crisps, chocolate and quiche aswell - so there is an improvement! I binged because I was feeling sad and lonely - how about you?

CARRI - Congrats on another 2lb down! You are definately back on track now aren't you and that weight is coming off nice and consistently.

JULIE - Keep up the good work!

SUSAN & NIKKI - Hello!

Love Amanda x

desertseatingoceans 06-24-2005 11:19 AM

Hey guys
So once again, my mom is effing crazy. She accuses me of doing absolutely nothing to help her around the house, saying that the mess is all mine, when I cleaned the kitchen, did the cat litter, swept and mopped two days ago, and pretty much everything i picked up and threw away was trash she left lying around. She was carrying and stack of picture frames and I asked her if she needed help, and she said, "Why start now? You haven't lifted a f***ing finger since your father left!!" Then continued to scream at me for another 20 minutes....in this time she literally wished her health problems on me. I got pissed, stormed out of the house, my sister called me crying about 3 hours later because moms went off on her too, I ended up coming in close to 2 am...haven't said a word to my mom since. Shes crazy. Anyways. I've had a few slip ups in my eating, but no big thing, and I haven't gone running all week. BUT I went back to the dr to talk about my blood tests, everything was normal, my blood pressure is good, and I lost 5 pounds! The heat has been absolutely insane here too. Its been in the high 90's all week, plus the humidity, and no rain. The heat index has been about 110. fantastic. feels good. NOT. If i go somewhere I can hardly touch my steering wheel for the first 5 minutes im driving becuase its soo hot, not to mention shifting. No good. Anyways, I need to be somewhere in a few minutes. I will come back for individual replies later today.
Yall have a good day,
Nikki

QuilterInVA 06-24-2005 03:17 PM

A quick hello ladies - been very busy at work this week. Very pleasant here today - 81 and no humidity. That won't last long. We really need rain, too. It's getting way too dry for this early in the summer.

gma22 06-25-2005 07:13 AM

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Let's make sure we have a good day and nice sunny thoughts!

Amanda :bravo: :cp:

Amanda: I binge for a variety of reasons and of course they are all emotional. The one emotion I don't eat with is when I am mad. I clean then! :lol: It's not as bad a way to deal with it, but it still isn't proper. I am alone a lot of the time here, I don't have friends here, my dd has her own family to deal with so sometimes I eat when I am lonely. Mostly, it is plain carelessness and just having bad things in the house to eat! It starts for me at the grocery store. If I give in then, I am done for at home. The problem is, I need to learn not to feel deprived by not having Cheetos or something and that I haven't done. I can't control so many foods in my life that what is left is boring. I will figure it out though!

Nikki: You know you can't help with what is wrong with your mom and that she sees things skewed sometimes. Maybe next time, you should take your sister with you and not leave her to deal with your mom. It isn't easy I know, but hang in there!

Susan: Good to hear from you. At least you aren't cooking like we are yet! It is awful here and no rain in sight. Nice for the pool, but awful the rest of the way around.

We are going to dd's for T's birthday today. He is a great big 5 years old today! I bought him this huge soccer shirt with a T-Rex on the front and soccer goal for the yard for him to practice with. I am going to take him to Chucky Cheese in a couple weeks just he and I. Should be fun. They have this seated video game where dinosaurs chase you all through the forest etc. You bounce a long in the seat like you are in a jeep and you have to kill all these prehistoric animals that are trying to get you etc. It about rattles your teeth out but he will play it forever with you. Their pizza is nasty so I won't eat much of it either! lol

Well, I need to get chores done and get Jack some breakfast.

desertseatingoceans 06-25-2005 12:28 PM

Hey guys,
No one has talked to my mom yet. We've all been avoiding the house like the plauge. My sister and her boyfriend already found a new apartment to move into, and they've both got places to stay until they can get the lease signed and moved in. I've just been coming home in the middle of the night, sleeping, getting ready and leaving. I'm moving to Denton at the end of summer hopefully...but I need to know if my mom is gonna let me take my car, becuase the title is in her name. So anyways, I learned how to play the drums last night. It was awesome. I acutally hit the beat on my first try!

Faye-Have fun with your gs on his birthday....chuck e cheese sounds like it will be fun.

gma22 06-26-2005 08:38 AM

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our Silly Poll this week is if you could have someone elses body, who would it be?

Ok, the poll is for fun! You know I only encourage you to be happy with what YOU have! I guess I would like to have Nikki Coxes body on the tv show Las Vegas. She is not rail thin, has great boobs ( a present for Jack) and I think she is adorable. Course at 51, I might look a tad ridiculous, but it is only for fun so..... :lol:

We had a nice time yesterday. Thomas liked his goal I bought him and he and I had fun swimming. We finally encouraged him to jump off the diving board. Here he is. The little ham! All it took was telling him we would clap for him when he did it! :lol: I was amazed as he swims like a little fish. The most amazing thing though is when he jumps off the diving board or the deep end, he can control himself to barely go under the water. I saw him do it over and over and still don't know how he does it.

I hope everyone has a nice Sunday. We are just hanging at home.

***Oh, exciting news on my part!!!! I bought SEVERAL pairs of summer pants, capris and shorts for our vacation in August before Memorial Day and got them home and couldn't get them over my butt. I have been working like a dog in the pool for an hour 7 days a week and yesterday needed some encouragement so thought I would see if I had made progress. I have been so afraid I was not going to fit into the new stuff before we leave and would have to go out and buy more as I can't take them back now. Everything fit, though a couple things were snug! WOOHOO!

Faye ;)

Amanda Panda 06-26-2005 03:14 PM

Hello ladies,

I only got 1 point yesterday for water. TOM is here and I really fancied a bar of chocolate! :T I was very tired this afternoon, but instead of having a nap I made myself go to the gym - I just did the cardio work which I found really hard as I was so tired and it was really hot! I'm glad I made the effort though as that makes it 4 gym sessions this week.

FAYE - That is great news about the clothes - if you keep up the good work you will have no problem fitting into them by Vegas! I am at the stage where I am fitting into my smaller clothes, but I have encountered a problem as I am losing weight quicker off my waist than my thighs, so the smaller clothes fit perfectly on my waist and hips but are really tight on my thighs - the trouble is that by the time my thighs are slim enough, the waist will be far too loose! Oh well, it's better than having to go UP a size!

NIKKI - Sorry you are having problems with your mum. It must be very hard for you - just focus on getting through the next month or so before you move out. Keeping out of her way is probably the right idea!

SILLY POLL - I would definately go for someone with a curvy body - someone with hips and boobs and a slim waist! Beyonce and JLo spring to mind, but even they have lost quite a bit of weight and are in danger of losing their curves! I am about 5' 5'' and have a naturally curvy body and am really looking forward to how hot I will look when I've lost all this weight! Watch this space!!

Love Amanda x

gma22 06-27-2005 08:02 AM

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is to try and use a variety of workouts to achieve that perfect body for yourself. Get some cardio, some weight/strength training and even pilates, yoga or the like into your routine. You all know you NEED a routine! Have fun with it and be sure and do something you enjoy!

Amanda :flow2:

I am going to work hard to be 4 pts this week. I just need to slow down a bit and concentrate on what I put into my MOUTH!

Amanda: You are doing a terrrific job with your workouts. Personally, I think I would have gotten into the pool and did a nice easy workout if you were so tired, unless TOM is such that being in the pool is not a good idea.

Yeah, I am pretty jazzed I can get into the clothes. There is only one pair of new capris that don't fit and may not before vacation. I found out they are those low slung type and may never be worn by me. I may not be able to stand them! lol Unlike you, Amanda, my problem is my butt and belly. When my son was born a bazillion years ago, no one told me to exercise and get back in shape. He was a huge little boy almost 10 lbs and 24 inches long (well no surprise as he is 6'6" and about 240 now) and I had a huge amount of hanging skin on my belly I never tightened up. Over the years of puttng on weight it filled with fat. Picture one of those people that has gastric bypass and how their skin sags then put fat in it. Then to have a huge behind, makes it hard to get your pants to fit. I am lumpy in places where I have lost fat. My rear looks awful, but my personal little sex maniac is the only to see it so who cares!

Well, gotta get in that pool! May rain today. Keep your fingers crossed, we desperately need it.

Satine 06-27-2005 11:07 AM

Morning Everyone , hope you all had a great weekend, I did I guess, it was a real hot one, about 94 both days so I basically stayed inside, it was so humid out it made you feel like you couldnt breathe, it was bad ...very bad...anyway I have still been doing well staying OP, however yesterday I did have a free day and this morning I am so regretting it, so regretting it, my stomach has been cramping all morning with gas and it just feels awful...I don't know why I do it to myself...fried fish and chips for lunch and high sodium chinese for dinner, ughhhhh ;) Also I guess I need to update my current weight on here since it has read 199 forever... I am at 203.8 currently but I feel really great about it as about three weeks ago I was at 211, so I have done great the last few weeks, I am not going to let the fact that I am back over 200 get me down, I am after all only 3.8 pounds away from getting back under it...it is just a number...but yes it will feel great to get back into Onderland again :lol: ... I have been working my butt off literally to get back there so wish me luck !!

Faye - great picture of dg, glad you had a good time ... good luck on your four pointers this week, I want to get at least 4 out of the 7 ...

Amanda - Do not worry about the TOM munchies, we all get it, you will be back on today I know it!! Good luck !!

Julie - Hi ! How is the writing going? :)

Nikki - Sorry about the parental problems, I had the same kind of thing with my dd when I was at home, it didnt get any better until I moved out... :lol:
good luck !

Well hope you all have a great day, it is going to be another hot one here today at 90 degrees, but this weekend looks promising with the low 80's!

Take Care!

mejones 06-27-2005 12:15 PM

Hello. I am new to this site - well, not brand new. I was here a couple of years ago, then got sidetracked. This spring I joined Jorge Cruise's website and have lost 20 of the 56 pounds I want to lose. I was finding that site to be pretty adamant about following his plan to the letter, and although there are lots of good things in his plan, I just wasn't able to do that. Plus, it costs money! Anyway, I remembered being here and enjoying this site for free. To make a long story short, I have been reading some of the threads this weekend and have found yours to be about what I am looking for. Are you open to new people, or would you just as soon keep your own group the way it is? Don't worry about offending, I will understand.
I will tell you just a bit about myself. I live in southern Minnesota. I turned 50 in January, which is really the catalyst to finally get in shape this time! Have been married for just about 31 years. DS is 27 and lives with his GF in Minneapolis, DD just graduated from college in May, lives with her BF not too far from here, but also just got a job as a probation officer in Minneapolis. I have been an elementary teacher for 28 years,and am loving my summer vacation!
I like the tone of your thread - seems very supportive. Let me know if it would be OK if I join you! Thanks-
Marsha

Amanda Panda 06-27-2005 02:17 PM

Hello All,

Firstly I'd like to say 'Welcome Marsha!!'- of course you are most welcome to join us - we are all here to support eachother! Congrats on losing 20lb - that is excellent! I haven't heard of Jorge Cruise (I'm from the UK), but it sounds like his plan is working for you. Yes, we are a very supportive group and we like to have fun and share our problems too - I'm sure you'll fit right in!

I got 4 points yesterday - Faye, I didn't go to the pool because it is 'family day' on Sundays and gets packed full of kids, so I had to sweat it out on the bike and treadmill! :ebike: :faint: :tread: They do rope off a couple of lanes for adults, but they are so thin that I find it hard to swim without people constantly kicking me as they swim by! I have been to the gym again today and had alot more energy and really enjoyed my workout. I've lost another pound aswell which I am pleased about - the weight is shifting slowly after staying put for a month!

FAYE - I too want lots of 4 point days this week. I've been managing to get to the gym 4 times a week since I joined, and this week I'm going to increase it to 5. Lets make this week a good one!

CARRI - You are doing really well - you will be back in Onederland in a week, maybe two! Don't worry about your 'day off' - at least it was a planned treat day and you are now straight back on track. It's good that you are listening to your body and can tell when a food is not good for you.

Hello to Susan, Nikki and Julie :wave:

Love Amanda x

gma22 06-28-2005 07:39 AM

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our Target this week is summer food! We all love it, hot dogs, corn on the cob, junk at the fair, but don't forget summer is wonderful fresh fruit and veggies and grilling out where that nasty ole fat just drips away. So enjoy summer, have a few of those treats, but remember there are lots of good eats with summer too!

WE WOULD LIKE TO WELCOME MARSHA TO OUR GROUP!
This is a great group of ladies and ages from 19-mid 50's. We are single, married, with or without children, even one grandchild! We would love to have you here! My name is Faye and I kind of "run" the thread as far as doing the pts every day, setting up the topics, changing the thread to the next higher number, etc. I am 51 have two grown children, Jay who is 31 and married and Kelly, who is 27 and married with a 5 year old, Thomas. I have a Yorkie and a Tabby, do not work, but enjoy my pool during the summer months every day rain or shine!

Ladies, give her some info on yourself. Our bios are pretty old that I have.

Carri: You are doing great girl even with the CHINESE! If there is one thing that is my downfall it is Chinese. I love the stuff and it is close to my house unfortunately and of course they have great food! :lol: You have the right idea about not stressing over gained lbs. It doesn't help and usually hurts as it causes us to eat more emotionally.

Amanda: Don't you hate those lap lanes that are made for someone a size 2? I know that when I lived in Indiana and belonged to this really fancy health club they had these teeny tiny lap lanes that even the skinny people had trouble using. There pool was freezing cold too! :lol:

Ok, guys, you know I am terribly rodent phobic. I was sitting watching TV in the living room in the dark (I have been keeping the lights off because we have lamps that put off a huge amount of heat) and I heard a bunch of rattling in the kitchen. I thought it was rain outside (we actually did get a thunderstorm last evening) but it kept it up. I freaked out, was so scared I couldn't move, screamed at Jack, who of course took his time coming downstairs, and asked him if by any chance he would go and look in the kitchen and see if the cat was making noise! I was glued to the couch crying! He came back in and said it was the cat that he was on the countertop by the printer and just went back upstairs without another word. I went in during the commercial and found out why, he was pouncing on a HUGE and I mean HUGE roach! I shooed him out of the kitchen, grabbed the roach spray and drowned the nasty thing, then cleaned up everything with Tilex! GIANT ROACHES I CAN HANDLE, NOT MICE, ETC! :lol: :lol: :lol: We can owe it all to those lovely neighbors!

Well, have to get meds and breakfast in me so I can get in the pool

Faye :) ***HELLO TO SUSAN, NIKKI AND JULIE***