3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Time For Serious Fun #106 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/59637-time-serious-fun-106-a.html)

QuilterInVA 06-24-2005 03:17 PM

A quick hello ladies - been very busy at work this week. Very pleasant here today - 81 and no humidity. That won't last long. We really need rain, too. It's getting way too dry for this early in the summer.

gma22 06-25-2005 07:13 AM

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Let's make sure we have a good day and nice sunny thoughts!

Amanda :bravo: :cp:

Amanda: I binge for a variety of reasons and of course they are all emotional. The one emotion I don't eat with is when I am mad. I clean then! :lol: It's not as bad a way to deal with it, but it still isn't proper. I am alone a lot of the time here, I don't have friends here, my dd has her own family to deal with so sometimes I eat when I am lonely. Mostly, it is plain carelessness and just having bad things in the house to eat! It starts for me at the grocery store. If I give in then, I am done for at home. The problem is, I need to learn not to feel deprived by not having Cheetos or something and that I haven't done. I can't control so many foods in my life that what is left is boring. I will figure it out though!

Nikki: You know you can't help with what is wrong with your mom and that she sees things skewed sometimes. Maybe next time, you should take your sister with you and not leave her to deal with your mom. It isn't easy I know, but hang in there!

Susan: Good to hear from you. At least you aren't cooking like we are yet! It is awful here and no rain in sight. Nice for the pool, but awful the rest of the way around.

We are going to dd's for T's birthday today. He is a great big 5 years old today! I bought him this huge soccer shirt with a T-Rex on the front and soccer goal for the yard for him to practice with. I am going to take him to Chucky Cheese in a couple weeks just he and I. Should be fun. They have this seated video game where dinosaurs chase you all through the forest etc. You bounce a long in the seat like you are in a jeep and you have to kill all these prehistoric animals that are trying to get you etc. It about rattles your teeth out but he will play it forever with you. Their pizza is nasty so I won't eat much of it either! lol

Well, I need to get chores done and get Jack some breakfast.

Faye :)

desertseatingoceans 06-25-2005 12:28 PM

Hey guys,
No one has talked to my mom yet. We've all been avoiding the house like the plauge. My sister and her boyfriend already found a new apartment to move into, and they've both got places to stay until they can get the lease signed and moved in. I've just been coming home in the middle of the night, sleeping, getting ready and leaving. I'm moving to Denton at the end of summer hopefully...but I need to know if my mom is gonna let me take my car, becuase the title is in her name. So anyways, I learned how to play the drums last night. It was awesome. I acutally hit the beat on my first try!

Faye-Have fun with your gs on his birthday....chuck e cheese sounds like it will be fun.

gma22 06-26-2005 08:38 AM

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our Silly Poll this week is if you could have someone elses body, who would it be?

Ok, the poll is for fun! You know I only encourage you to be happy with what YOU have! I guess I would like to have Nikki Coxes body on the tv show Las Vegas. She is not rail thin, has great boobs ( a present for Jack) and I think she is adorable. Course at 51, I might look a tad ridiculous, but it is only for fun so..... :lol:

We had a nice time yesterday. Thomas liked his goal I bought him and he and I had fun swimming. We finally encouraged him to jump off the diving board. Here he is. The little ham! All it took was telling him we would clap for him when he did it! :lol: I was amazed as he swims like a little fish. The most amazing thing though is when he jumps off the diving board or the deep end, he can control himself to barely go under the water. I saw him do it over and over and still don't know how he does it.

I hope everyone has a nice Sunday. We are just hanging at home.

***Oh, exciting news on my part!!!! I bought SEVERAL pairs of summer pants, capris and shorts for our vacation in August before Memorial Day and got them home and couldn't get them over my butt. I have been working like a dog in the pool for an hour 7 days a week and yesterday needed some encouragement so thought I would see if I had made progress. I have been so afraid I was not going to fit into the new stuff before we leave and would have to go out and buy more as I can't take them back now. Everything fit, though a couple things were snug! WOOHOO!

Faye ;)

Amanda Panda 06-26-2005 03:14 PM

Hello ladies,

I only got 1 point yesterday for water. TOM is here and I really fancied a bar of chocolate! :T I was very tired this afternoon, but instead of having a nap I made myself go to the gym - I just did the cardio work which I found really hard as I was so tired and it was really hot! I'm glad I made the effort though as that makes it 4 gym sessions this week.

FAYE - That is great news about the clothes - if you keep up the good work you will have no problem fitting into them by Vegas! I am at the stage where I am fitting into my smaller clothes, but I have encountered a problem as I am losing weight quicker off my waist than my thighs, so the smaller clothes fit perfectly on my waist and hips but are really tight on my thighs - the trouble is that by the time my thighs are slim enough, the waist will be far too loose! Oh well, it's better than having to go UP a size!

NIKKI - Sorry you are having problems with your mum. It must be very hard for you - just focus on getting through the next month or so before you move out. Keeping out of her way is probably the right idea!

SILLY POLL - I would definately go for someone with a curvy body - someone with hips and boobs and a slim waist! Beyonce and JLo spring to mind, but even they have lost quite a bit of weight and are in danger of losing their curves! I am about 5' 5'' and have a naturally curvy body and am really looking forward to how hot I will look when I've lost all this weight! Watch this space!!

Love Amanda x

gma22 06-27-2005 08:02 AM

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is to try and use a variety of workouts to achieve that perfect body for yourself. Get some cardio, some weight/strength training and even pilates, yoga or the like into your routine. You all know you NEED a routine! Have fun with it and be sure and do something you enjoy!

Amanda :flow2:
Faye :flow2:

I am going to work hard to be 4 pts this week. I just need to slow down a bit and concentrate on what I put into my MOUTH!

Amanda: You are doing a terrrific job with your workouts. Personally, I think I would have gotten into the pool and did a nice easy workout if you were so tired, unless TOM is such that being in the pool is not a good idea.

Yeah, I am pretty jazzed I can get into the clothes. There is only one pair of new capris that don't fit and may not before vacation. I found out they are those low slung type and may never be worn by me. I may not be able to stand them! lol Unlike you, Amanda, my problem is my butt and belly. When my son was born a bazillion years ago, no one told me to exercise and get back in shape. He was a huge little boy almost 10 lbs and 24 inches long (well no surprise as he is 6'6" and about 240 now) and I had a huge amount of hanging skin on my belly I never tightened up. Over the years of puttng on weight it filled with fat. Picture one of those people that has gastric bypass and how their skin sags then put fat in it. Then to have a huge behind, makes it hard to get your pants to fit. I am lumpy in places where I have lost fat. My rear looks awful, but my personal little sex maniac is the only to see it so who cares!

Well, gotta get in that pool! May rain today. Keep your fingers crossed, we desperately need it.

Faye :)

Satine 06-27-2005 11:07 AM

Morning Everyone , hope you all had a great weekend, I did I guess, it was a real hot one, about 94 both days so I basically stayed inside, it was so humid out it made you feel like you couldnt breathe, it was bad ...very bad...anyway I have still been doing well staying OP, however yesterday I did have a free day and this morning I am so regretting it, so regretting it, my stomach has been cramping all morning with gas and it just feels awful...I don't know why I do it to myself...fried fish and chips for lunch and high sodium chinese for dinner, ughhhhh ;) Also I guess I need to update my current weight on here since it has read 199 forever... I am at 203.8 currently but I feel really great about it as about three weeks ago I was at 211, so I have done great the last few weeks, I am not going to let the fact that I am back over 200 get me down, I am after all only 3.8 pounds away from getting back under it...it is just a number...but yes it will feel great to get back into Onderland again :lol: ... I have been working my butt off literally to get back there so wish me luck !!

Faye - great picture of dg, glad you had a good time ... good luck on your four pointers this week, I want to get at least 4 out of the 7 ...

Amanda - Do not worry about the TOM munchies, we all get it, you will be back on today I know it!! Good luck !!

Julie - Hi ! How is the writing going? :)

Nikki - Sorry about the parental problems, I had the same kind of thing with my dd when I was at home, it didnt get any better until I moved out... :lol:
good luck !

Well hope you all have a great day, it is going to be another hot one here today at 90 degrees, but this weekend looks promising with the low 80's!

Take Care!

mejones 06-27-2005 12:15 PM

Hello. I am new to this site - well, not brand new. I was here a couple of years ago, then got sidetracked. This spring I joined Jorge Cruise's website and have lost 20 of the 56 pounds I want to lose. I was finding that site to be pretty adamant about following his plan to the letter, and although there are lots of good things in his plan, I just wasn't able to do that. Plus, it costs money! Anyway, I remembered being here and enjoying this site for free. To make a long story short, I have been reading some of the threads this weekend and have found yours to be about what I am looking for. Are you open to new people, or would you just as soon keep your own group the way it is? Don't worry about offending, I will understand.
I will tell you just a bit about myself. I live in southern Minnesota. I turned 50 in January, which is really the catalyst to finally get in shape this time! Have been married for just about 31 years. DS is 27 and lives with his GF in Minneapolis, DD just graduated from college in May, lives with her BF not too far from here, but also just got a job as a probation officer in Minneapolis. I have been an elementary teacher for 28 years,and am loving my summer vacation!
I like the tone of your thread - seems very supportive. Let me know if it would be OK if I join you! Thanks-
Marsha

Amanda Panda 06-27-2005 02:17 PM

Hello All,

Firstly I'd like to say 'Welcome Marsha!!'- of course you are most welcome to join us - we are all here to support eachother! Congrats on losing 20lb - that is excellent! I haven't heard of Jorge Cruise (I'm from the UK), but it sounds like his plan is working for you. Yes, we are a very supportive group and we like to have fun and share our problems too - I'm sure you'll fit right in!

I got 4 points yesterday - Faye, I didn't go to the pool because it is 'family day' on Sundays and gets packed full of kids, so I had to sweat it out on the bike and treadmill! :ebike: :faint: :tread: They do rope off a couple of lanes for adults, but they are so thin that I find it hard to swim without people constantly kicking me as they swim by! I have been to the gym again today and had alot more energy and really enjoyed my workout. I've lost another pound aswell which I am pleased about - the weight is shifting slowly after staying put for a month!

FAYE - I too want lots of 4 point days this week. I've been managing to get to the gym 4 times a week since I joined, and this week I'm going to increase it to 5. Lets make this week a good one!

CARRI - You are doing really well - you will be back in Onederland in a week, maybe two! Don't worry about your 'day off' - at least it was a planned treat day and you are now straight back on track. It's good that you are listening to your body and can tell when a food is not good for you.

Hello to Susan, Nikki and Julie :wave:

Love Amanda x

gma22 06-28-2005 07:39 AM

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our Target this week is summer food! We all love it, hot dogs, corn on the cob, junk at the fair, but don't forget summer is wonderful fresh fruit and veggies and grilling out where that nasty ole fat just drips away. So enjoy summer, have a few of those treats, but remember there are lots of good eats with summer too!

Amanda :bravo:
Faye :dancer:

WE WOULD LIKE TO WELCOME MARSHA TO OUR GROUP!
This is a great group of ladies and ages from 19-mid 50's. We are single, married, with or without children, even one grandchild! We would love to have you here! My name is Faye and I kind of "run" the thread as far as doing the pts every day, setting up the topics, changing the thread to the next higher number, etc. I am 51 have two grown children, Jay who is 31 and married and Kelly, who is 27 and married with a 5 year old, Thomas. I have a Yorkie and a Tabby, do not work, but enjoy my pool during the summer months every day rain or shine!

Ladies, give her some info on yourself. Our bios are pretty old that I have.

Carri: You are doing great girl even with the CHINESE! If there is one thing that is my downfall it is Chinese. I love the stuff and it is close to my house unfortunately and of course they have great food! :lol: You have the right idea about not stressing over gained lbs. It doesn't help and usually hurts as it causes us to eat more emotionally.

Amanda: Don't you hate those lap lanes that are made for someone a size 2? I know that when I lived in Indiana and belonged to this really fancy health club they had these teeny tiny lap lanes that even the skinny people had trouble using. There pool was freezing cold too! :lol:

Ok, guys, you know I am terribly rodent phobic. I was sitting watching TV in the living room in the dark (I have been keeping the lights off because we have lamps that put off a huge amount of heat) and I heard a bunch of rattling in the kitchen. I thought it was rain outside (we actually did get a thunderstorm last evening) but it kept it up. I freaked out, was so scared I couldn't move, screamed at Jack, who of course took his time coming downstairs, and asked him if by any chance he would go and look in the kitchen and see if the cat was making noise! I was glued to the couch crying! He came back in and said it was the cat that he was on the countertop by the printer and just went back upstairs without another word. I went in during the commercial and found out why, he was pouncing on a HUGE and I mean HUGE roach! I shooed him out of the kitchen, grabbed the roach spray and drowned the nasty thing, then cleaned up everything with Tilex! GIANT ROACHES I CAN HANDLE, NOT MICE, ETC! :lol: :lol: :lol: We can owe it all to those lovely neighbors!

Well, have to get meds and breakfast in me so I can get in the pool

Faye :) ***HELLO TO SUSAN, NIKKI AND JULIE***

Mirabelly 06-28-2005 09:10 AM

Hi everybody!

I'm still here...just wicked busy with the writing. I'm so happy to finally have some way of contributing money to the family, real money...like in a couple of years I might even make more than dh :D It's so tough being a SAHM when you are the one paying the bills and you KNOW how little money there is. So, I have an inside track on something that *might* turn out to be my "big break" --like really really hugely wonderful--but then again, it could always turn out to be a scam. People tend to take advantage of writers, a lot. SO keep me in your prayers...I'm working like a dog for this guy trying to prove that I can do the job and do it fast.

I'm sucking downt the caffeine and not getting much water in. Gotta fix that! And I did finally get the garage looking like a gym again, though it's been too hot to go out there. Thank goodness for dance class--at least I get to exercise. My eating is pretty good, but I'm not really losing. I'm at a solid 207 now...which is still way better than where I was about 6 weeks ago. I know once I start lifting weights, things will start moving.

Welcome Marsha!! I'm 37, married, stay-at-home-mom of 3. I'm a writer and bellydance teacher. I never could get a picture of me for the avatar thingie, but if you want to see me and my girls, my dance website is www.aaminahdance.com I'm the artistic director, my dance name on the site is Mira

Amanda, I so envy your exercise determination. I just gotta make myself doit! I'm so proud of you...

Faye, I so DO NOT miss cockroaches! Thomas is growing up so fast, it's amazing.

Carrie, hope your tummy is feeling better. You'll be back in onederland in no time!

Nikki--hang in there with the parent thing...don't let the stress keep you from your running, that might just be what saves you!

Susan--I don't remember what's up with you lately, but I hope you're doing well and in a happy quilting place :lol:

Well, I've procrastinated for an hour, now it's time to write. Thank god this publisher is in California! I get a jump on the day before he's even out of bed!

TTFN,
Julie

QuilterInVA 06-28-2005 01:43 PM

Welcome, Marsha! I'm 63 years young, no children but one spoiled cat. We're glad to have you aboard.

The heat has hit here - 100 degrees yesterday and today and high humidity. We did have some rain over the weekend that was badly needed.

I've been enjoying summer fruits - have strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, peaches, nectarine, cantaloupe, grapes and cherries - that I'm snacking on this week. Keeps the sweet tooth satisfied.

Went to the Gwyne's Island Festival with 2 of my friends on Saturday. Great art for sale (didn't buy any), lots of food (we didn't have any because we wanted quiche for lunch at our favorite restaurant in Mathews), and entertainment.

Faye, your gs just gets more adorable by the day. I know he brings you great joy. I'd pretty much be like you if I didn't work and quilt - they keep me busy. It's hard when you are alone too much.

Amanda, you'll be back to onederland in no time - keep up the good work!

Hello to all the rest of you.

Susan

mejones 06-28-2005 03:16 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome, ladies. I really appreciate it! It will take a few days for me to get to know everyone, but thanks to those of you have filled me in a bit.

Actually quite nice here in MN today. We have had some high temps and a ton of humidity over the weekend, but the air feels much better today. Did some exercises in the morning - part of the Cruise plan that I think is good. it is just 8 minutes of exercising in the morning - a different group of muscles each day. Supposed to start metabolism and firm up. I can tell a difference. Then did a half hour walk. Am drinking my water today, too. The two points for OP I have a question about - are you all on WW? CAn I get two points for eating healthy and staying within my plan for the day? Was very good yesterday until I drove a couple of hours to Minneapolis last night to meet DD and go to a Twins game. We ate supper at The Spaghetti Factory because you can walk to the stadium from there. NOt too bad - we shared a dinner, but then had a beer and some peanuts at the ballgame :(

Faye - I hear you on that rodent thing. I am not too bad if I know they are there like in a cage or something, but if there were one loose in my house, I would have to move!

Amanda - Sounds like things are really moving in the right direction for you. WTG girl - putting in all that time at the gym.

Julie - checked out your website - awesome! What a beautiful bunch of gals! My neice has been bellydancing this year and loves it! I have a little too much belly to dance with right now!

Susan - love the fresh fruit, too - but have trouble when I buy it because I can't get it all eaten, then have to throw away. Now I am enjoying like only one or two things at a time.

Carri - I am 5 pounds from being in the 100 range - can't wait to get there, but have really stalled this month. Hope to get it moving this week.

Nikki - read through the posts for this week. -Sounds like things are a bit rough for you righ now - hope that things improve for you.

Take care everyone - again, thanks from the bottom of my heart for the warm welcome to your group!
Marsha

Amanda Panda 06-28-2005 03:27 PM

Hi all,

I got another 4 points yesterday - yay! Nothing much else to report - went for a swim today and did 26 lengths! I remember when I first started swimming, I could only swim for 8 lengths. I am really happy with the way my diet and exercise is going at the moment - the weight is gradually shifting, I'm toning up and slimming down big time, my mood is lifted and I've got lots of energy! I think the fact that we are into Summer is really helping me - I love summer fruits and berries, salad and lots of water. My only downfall at the moment is ice cream - it's just so hot, but I am managing to keep it within my calorie allowance!

Marsha - I am 32 years old and am engaged to be married to my long term partner. As you may have noticed, we are planning a Caribbean wedding - nothing is booked yet though - I want to lose all my weight first. I suffer from severe depression at times and am unable to work right now. I keep myself busy by going to the gym, reading and lavishing lots of love on my cat, Marley! When I started my diet on 1st Jan this year I was at my highest weight ever of 267lb - I lose weight VERY slowly, but have managed to chip away 25 lb and now weigh 242lb.

JULIE - I really hope things work out for you with the writing - you are right to be cautious about being ripped off though, so be careful. I will pray for your success.

FAYE - That is exactly what this pool is like -It is quite cold and there is one 'double' lane which is the one I normally go in, but it is dominated by kids on the weekend. The other lanes are very slim and other people can be quite ignorant and just kick out as normal when they swim past - I've had a couple of kicks recently, so now I only swim in the big lane!

SUSAN - Well done for managing your diet and your purse when you were away this weekend!

Love Amanda x

gma22 06-29-2005 07:50 AM

DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #107