Old 06-04-2005, 09:44 PM   #16  

Good Evening ladies,

Hal - I hope you get lots of rest and relaxation. Interesting article. Makes me want to eat more veggies. I too have a small collection of pots on my patio, but mine are just plastic. I have several tomato plants and two bell pepper plants (red & orange). My tomato's have already bloomed so me and Blackie are patiently waiting for them to ripe. (Blackie loves tomatos).

Monday i'm starting with a exercise program. Let's get moving!
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 05:30 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Hi Ladies,

Well time is really going fast. Gene will be in the Rehab Center one week and two days. He is pretty depressed because he feels he should be moving along a lot faster than he is. Also when I took Tiffany to visit him (3 times as of today) she really doesn't want to be with him. My friends say she may be angry for leaving her. However, she surely enjoys all the other people.

Friday in Ohio, my sister had all of her toes removed from her right foot and a little above them. She has been in pain with gangarine for over six months and these doctors chose to see if it would go away by itself. It is sad for me that I can't be there for her but under the circumstances I can't leave Gene.

I have been going to the gym but I really haven't been too strict with my dieting. It is really strange to be home all alone. My husband never left the house unless I took him. I have all this extra time on my hands and I just don't feel like doing anything constructive. Hopefully this will pass. I have a whole bunch of sewing to do and I had better be getting started.

Hal --It's so great to have you back--your graphics are always so awesome! I liked the menus you also posted.

Well I am going to try and call my sister in the hospital.

Take care all,
Anita
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 05:56 PM   #18  

Hello Ladies,

Nita - Don't be to hard on yourself. I'm sure you sister understands why you can't be there with her. Animals are funny and I too think Tiffany is mad. Maybe you could bring a treat for Gene to give her next time she visits. Also keep in mind that she know you all and getting to visit different people and smells have her interested.

Today I have been busy with painting the back of the house. The majority of that is done, now I just need to go back over with the brush at the top. I'll do that next weekend.

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!
Old 06-05-2005, 06:09 PM   #19  

Thanks Patty, I needed some re-assurance in what is going on here. I just ate a ton of popcorn and it wasn't the 94% ff either, but it really tasted good!

Tomorrow I am going back to the gym and get back on track, I promise!

Anita
Old 06-05-2005, 06:32 PM   #20  
Give peace a chance.

Quick note--couldn't use computer part of time because we had a lot of lightning. Now my internet access isn't working, so I am borrowing DH's. I may have mentioned that DH is left-handed, so everything is backwards. It's very awkward.

So just a quick check in before I walk the dog.

Meanwhile, I did get the 3 apples/day book.
Catlover777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 10:12 AM   #21  

Default RE: When Pigs Fly...!!!

Good morning movers and losers!

I am getting ready to go into school to wrap up extended days I have to finish up. I have several things to do right away. I went in on Friday, and the AC was off. (They wonder why we have a mold problem?) If that is the case today I don't think I'll last long - the heat is on. We hit 90 degrees yesterday. Last summer we only hit 90 a few days.

Nita: You are in my prayers. I hope your husband is feeling better and stronger each day. My sister also suffers from complications of diabetes. She says some days she cannot walk due to pain from lack of circulation. One thing is for sure, they are both lucky to have someone like you to support them in whatever way you can. Remember, you cannot be in more than one place at a time. It sounds like you are doing a great job, so hang in there.

Mooz: I hope your Mother is doing OK. I think I read that she has not been sleeping and is having a difficult time also. It is a good goal to use your birthday to plan for success. This is how Oprah Winfrey lost over 60 pounds and has kept it off - her 50th birthday. Hey, my man - Hal Ketchum is coming to Ireland later in the year to tour - !!!

OneDay: Nothing better than home gown tomatoes. I am planning a quick trip to the farmers market tomorrow morning. You are painting the exterior of your home? I plan to make a few interior changes this summer, one room at a time - including the dreaded garage. Rocky likes apples, he just learned to eat them this month while I was traveling back and forth from Indiana. He finally is accepting of his travel kennel. It took more than a few trips. He is pretty high strung, and I just never know where he might land if something sets him off. I am hoping he grows out of this.

Montel is on. Hal Ketchum was on one day last week for a MS special. Did anyone catch it?

Also, Governor Huckabee of Arkansas was on Meet The Press this Sunday. He has lost 100 pounds in the last year with diet and exercise. This is where I am, so I am interested in folks with a large amount of weight to lose. He gets up at 4:30A to exercise - now. His diet is pretty much what Oprah said - lean protein, lower fat and no white stuff - or no simple carbs. He wrote a book, and I have a feeling I'll be reading yet another weight loss saga soon.

CAT: How is your new car? I had a dream last night I had a simple wheel alignment done on my Jeep and the bill was just over $2,000.00. It woke me up - stressed! The good news, I was actually jogging in my dream. LOL. I don't think I'll ever be a runner, but I do see exercise walking. Rocky would be so happy.

Hello to Thin, Michellez, Shad and anyone else I may have missed. It's good to be back in the real world - almost.
HalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 03:23 PM   #22  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

My aplogies for lack of comment lately ladies - we have begun training at the lunatic asylum and the inmates are in deep shock!!! Seriously. yesterday was the kick off for training in the new system to be implemented July 4 and although I was already working 9 and 10 hour days, yesterday turned into 12. Don't know who dreamed up this course I'm doing but the timing is way, way out. Such fun!!!!! Not.

Hope all folk are doing well and those in hospital or hospices are showing improvement. Sounds to me like Tiffaney is having such a wonderful time meeting new friends that she forgets about those who love and look after her. Can you take the dog and the patient outside to sit by yourselves for a while? Put the dog on a lead and that way it is controlled in a small area?? Dogs respond to power, they are power crazy animals themselves. You either have to show them who is the boss (I don't mean literally, but by commands, bribes or confinement to leash) or you confine them to do what you want. I think Tiffany is demonstrating who the boss of the house really is!
Gotta go, the crazy house calls. Another day of yakkity yak blah blah.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 06:56 PM   #23  

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick note to let you know I am going to the gym as I promised I would. Tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. they are having a new class called "Body Flow". It is comprised of pilates and yoga. I thought I would give it a try. I talked to a couple of other senior ladies and hopefully they will be there too. Gene seems to be doing a little better each time I visit but he is depressed he can't come home. I told him it is very important he gets to the point where he can be independent again. He agreed and is going to keep working hard.

As far as eating is concerned, I am just trying to maintain at this point. By going to the gym each day and bowling I am getting my energy back in tact. I see what some of you mean when you are just cooking for yourself. I seem to make way to much and probably have to throw a lot away. Today I ate cold cereal for breakfast and for lunch I made scrambled eggs with one National Hebrew 97% ff beef hotdog in it as well as 1 egg, about 1/2 cup of fake egg and some shredded cheese. I am not sure what I will fix for dinner--I may have the leftover rice and chicken I prepared the other day with veggies.

Thanks for your prayers. Right now I am more concerned about my sister in Ohio because when I talked to her today she seemed to lose her concentration. Her surgery was Friday at 5:30 p.m. and I would presume the anesthesia would have worn off by now. They had also given her morphine.

Well I had better get moving. Thanks again for being here!

Anita
Old 06-06-2005, 08:32 PM   #24  
Give peace a chance.

Nita--Glad to hear Gene is doing better. Will certainly pray for your sister also. I know the anaesthesia should be worn off, but the whole hospital experience, and even convalescing at home can be disorienting--not the usual relationship to time etc., can't sleep right, and probably still on pain meds. So I would give her some more time.

Shad, Hal--greetings to all. HOpefully tomorrow I will get my own Internet access and it will be easier to write.

Oh--the 3-apples-a day book is very big on weight-lifting. Ugh!
Old 06-06-2005, 09:09 PM   #25  

Hello ladies,

Nita - My problem with cooking for one is either I make to much and eat it all, or I have to eat leftovers and I get tired of leftovers. I think that is why I end up eating alot of the same stuff. I think Shad suggestions of taking Tiffany outside and have some one on one time with just her is a good one. Let us know how the pilates/yoga class goes. Keeping your sister and Gene in my prayers.

Hal - Blackie doesn't like his kennel either. I had purchased it when he has surgery last dec and I keep it in my bedroom. When we get bad storms I put him in there otherwise he runs up to the window and jumps at it. Rocky is just a pup, hopefully he'll grow out of it. Has he been fixed? They say that sometimes calms a dog down. It didn't make a difference with Blackie. Right now i'm painting the exterior of the back of the house. It started with me just touching up the door and the frame around the door, then I decided to touch up just a little on the house, then I figured might as well paint the whole thing. I"m not getting on the roof or any eaves real high.

Shad - Now you have a interesting job. I know you drop in sometimes. I'm thinking that you had visted Mooz about a year ago, Is that correct?

Cat - Hope you get your internet access back up. I saw where the storms came through. It was a hit and miss here. My parents got lots of rain and I barely got any. I'm with you on the weight lifting. But I know that is something I eventually need to do.

As for me tomorrow i'm starting back on South Beach. It's like I know i'm starting back so I have to eat everything I can. Doesn't make sense, but it does in my mind. Went to the grocery store and stocked up on all the ph1 foods. I'm also committing to walking on the treadmill. So tomorrow someone be sure and ask me if I walked.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Last edited by 1day@atime; 06-06-2005 at 09:12 PM.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:24 AM   #26  
Mooz

Mornin chickies
Just a quick call ....... waiting for my mother to wake up!
My eating has been good mainly but I did hae a couple of 'bad' moments wher for a short period I lapsed. It is amazing just how much a person can eat during a short lapsed period. Enough said I am now in control and backto basics.

Nits - Good to hear tha Gene is improving daily ...... sending to him and your sister. It may still be that she is still has those drugs in her system.

Patty - I know how you feel about starting back and eating al you can before you start ........been there also!!!

Catlover - keep us posted about the 3 apples a day book ..... the little tips may help us too.

Shad - sounds like a very stressful job ....... 12 hours a day ............ hope it eases off soon for your sake.

Halgal - I checked out the internet and Hal is coming to Coleraine in September which is a 30 min drive from where I live. I would love to go but it all depends on my mother. MAybe I could get something sorted......
It was good to read in your link to the newspaper about the trial. I am glad that he got what he deserved. Now you all have to try and make the best you can of your lives and as far as possible put it behind you. Don't let him ruin any more lives.

Thin - hope you find your way here soon!

Have a great day all

Todays Marston is a good one for every day ...........

Tuesday, June 7, 2005

This is it

This is the day that you are alive. This is the moment that you are in.
All your hopes and dreams are real right now. All your possibilities are ready to be lived.

Everything you've ever done has led you to this point. You are more fully alive, aware, experienced and prepared than you have ever been.

What matters is not how old or how young you may think you are. What matters is making the most of this moment you now have.

What matters is not how much or how little you may think you have, how fairly or unfairly you may think life has treated you. What matters is that you make the most of who you are.

This is it. This is your moment to fill with the best you can imagine.

Live it with love, with purpose and joy.

-- Ralph Marston

Last edited by mooz49; 06-07-2005 at 03:34 AM.
mooz49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 06:18 AM   #27  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Good Evening everyone.
Had a much less stressful day today if not much shorter. But I have to say it was much more enjoyable. I would hope that soon I will be going back to regular hours again - it just that all this is new and a bit frightening to the trainees and it is also a Government department. They always think differently from the private sector.

Yes Patty I did visit Mooz but it is closer to 2 years ago. Doesn't seem that long, time does fly past so quickly. Mooz lives in a lovely part of the world and she is a lovely lady. It was a great visit. That was a great holiday as I visited Asia, Europe, UK, Ireland, Canada and the States - a real round the world trip. I'm hoping to repeat at least some of it next year.

My tea smells cooked, so I'm off to get my veges and chicken stroganoff.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 07:24 PM   #28  
Give peace a chance.

No Internet on my computer yet, so will be brief.

I don't find the 3 apples book very clear--maybe I'll try to start a group on diet plans.

Meanwhile my leg, which seemed to be doing much better, is definitely worse. I think I will see if the dr can fit me in before Friday.

Hope everyone else is OK>
Old 06-07-2005, 09:08 PM   #29  

Hello Ladies,

Day 1 of SB and it's been a hard day. I have had sugar cravings all day. Tonight i'm getting on the treadmill for at least 20 minutes.

gotta run, Blackie is barking up a storm, someone must be at the door.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:26 PM   #30  

Hello Ladies,

Another stressed out day at work, but the good thing is I didn't reach for any candy. Need to go through recipes and try and find something new to eat. I seem to fall in the same routine.

Hope everyone is having a great day!