3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   ~*~ Short Chicks 5'5'' & Under #1 ~*~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/56599-%7E%2A%7E-short-chicks-55-under-1-%7E%2A%7E.html)

lateralus98 04-18-2005 05:39 PM

~*~ Short Chicks 5'5'' & Under #1 ~*~

Hello! My name is Rachel, and I started this support group on 3FC. Basically, this is a place for women 5'5'' and under to share their weight loss triumphs and woes, along with anything else going on that they would like to share. Feel free to post anything you'd like to share with us, we're always here to listen! :D

Also, this is our first posting so if you know anyone that would be interested in this group, tell 'em! I want to create an environment that is warm and welcoming to all members! :^:

Happy posting! ;)

JuleeCeeS 04-18-2005 05:46 PM

Hi I'm Julee....5'4" and trying to lose finally. I'm tired of looking like a weeble-wobble...it's already hard enough finding clothes that don't drag on the floor and being heave, it can be really rough wearing heels. Good luck to us all!

lateralus98 04-18-2005 05:47 PM

A little more about me...

I'm a 17 y/o young woman from Omaha, Nebraska. I currently stand at 5'0'' and weigh 180 pounds. It's hard for me to see the light at the end of the weight loss tunnel when I'm so short! Right now, I'm a freshman in college studying to become a kindergarten teacher. Right now, I work part-time at Exel martial Arts, as an Assistant Instructor. I teach little preschoolers there. I hold a black belt in Ioncomhlainn which I am very proud of, and I've received medals for karate sparring at the State Games. For fun, I like to dink around on the internet, shop, and drive around with friends. I started this support group because I want to know more people like me that are in my situation! It's nice to have that. Anyways, enough about me, what about you? ;)

lateralus98 04-18-2005 05:48 PM

I know the battle of wearing heels! Not a fun time, let me tell you! :lol: It's difficult for me to find clothing that fits length-wise as well. I always have to pay more money for clothes that fit!

jessicamt 04-18-2005 06:10 PM

Hello, everybody, I am 5'5 and weigh 190 pounds, i have been trying to do this for a month now and have only lost 6 pounds. Its hard keeping me motivated cause i just get so discouraged because i am not loosing like i want to. I really want to get down to 150-145. I know i can do it if i just commit to myself. I hope with your help ladies we can do this together.

Jessica :cool:

lateralus98 04-18-2005 06:21 PM

Yeah I can never lose it fast enough! ;)

JenR 04-18-2005 06:48 PM

hi ladies! another shorty here :)
i stand at exactly 5 feet. i weigh too much and am trying to remedy that. i am on a last ditch 1200 cal a day diet for the next 2 weeks. if i don't have any noticeable loss by may 1st, then we start discussing wls.

lateralus98 04-18-2005 09:21 PM

I hope everything works out for you!

sweetlilac 04-19-2005 09:57 AM

Good Morning everyone

I gald u found this JenR. I know abt be short and heavy. I wld love to not luck like a butterball turkey. I hope to get to know u ya better

JuleeCeeS 04-20-2005 12:46 AM

JenR: depending on your weight, 1200 calories may not be suficient to allow you to lose weight. If you weight more your body actually needs more calories to help you burn. If you are not getting enough calories, your metabolism goes into starvation mode and you stall out. That was what always fascinated me about Weight Watchers is they tell you to eat more if you weigh more, and then as you lose, you taper off slightly. It's also not just the number of calories but also the types of foods you are eating and of course, water intake. These are all lessons that have taken me a really long time to learn and were painful to learn as well. But I have been on a WW program now since February 1 and am down 30 lbs...I eat plenty and don't feel like I am missing anything. Good Luck!

lateralus98 04-20-2005 04:28 PM

Hey guys! Thought I'd check in! I have good news...I went to the doc for a physical yesterday and I lost 6 pounds and grew half an inch! Woo hoo! I can now proudly say I'm 5'1'' and a HALF :lol: so now I weigh 175 and I'm 60 pounds away from my goal...I can't wait. :D

JenR 04-21-2005 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuleeCeeS
JenR: depending on your weight, 1200 calories may not be suficient to allow you to lose weight. If you weight more your body actually needs more calories to help you burn. If you are not getting enough calories, your metabolism goes into starvation mode and you stall out. That was what always fascinated me about Weight Watchers is they tell you to eat more if you weigh more, and then as you lose, you taper off slightly. It's also not just the number of calories but also the types of foods you are eating and of course, water intake. These are all lessons that have taken me a really long time to learn and were painful to learn as well. But I have been on a WW program now since February 1 and am down 30 lbs...I eat plenty and don't feel like I am missing anything. Good Luck!

thanks julie. i checked out the BFL site, since i'm considering trying it out, and it said i neeed 2950 cals a day to lose fat and gain strength....it's so hard trying to eat that much when you're not used to it....

JenR 04-21-2005 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lateralus98
Hey guys! Thought I'd check in! I have good news...I went to the doc for a physical yesterday and I lost 6 pounds and grew half an inch! Woo hoo! I can now proudly say I'm 5'1'' and a HALF :lol: so now I weigh 175 and I'm 60 pounds away from my goal...I can't wait. :D

congratulations!!!!!! i'd kill to add another half inch to my frame!!

lateralus98 04-21-2005 01:13 PM

Hey guys...hows everyone doin?

JuleeCeeS 04-21-2005 02:16 PM

Lost another 3 this week!!! Plus I got my WW 10% keychain :)

lateralus98 04-21-2005 10:47 PM

Awesome job! Keep up the good work!

LeanneM83 04-22-2005 08:12 AM

HI Ladies

I too am a "short Chick" and I know we suffer some setbacks being that we are shorter...I think it is MUCh easier to know when we have gained weight as it tends to show on us shorties more than someone who is taller. I myself am 5'2 and have just made my goal weight....now if they made pants that I didnt have to hem all the time, life would be PERFECT..hahaha

I am posting for support...Congrats to you all for taking on such a great task. It certainly isnt easy but CAN be done. As long as you have support and accountability you can do it for life!

Good Luck to you all!

Leanne
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...b/204/124/124/

SheriaVa 04-22-2005 08:31 AM

Hello ladies. I'm 4'6" and weight about 150 pounds. I've been eating healthy and exercising regularly for 2 years come July 1st. I am on no formal plan (WW, etc.)...have just been going it on my own with support from people online. My weight has come off slowly and, while that is frustrating, I would much rather it come off slowly than quickly because quick weight loss isn't usually as lasting and, at my age, I would be dealing with droopy skin if I lost it fast. Instead, it has gone slowly and I've been able to firm up a lot of my body through weight training and toning exercise as the weight has come off, which feels great. Still have another 30-35 to lose but I am not on any timetable.

JenR: I would urge you not to try to starve yourself. I know it's hard and it's frustrating...but try not to give your body a deadline for losing weight. Eat healthy, exercise, be consistent, and give your body a chance to work with you. Eating too few calories is as big a problem as eating too many. Trust me...I have a lot of trouble getting enough calories in every day and that is a lot of why my weight loss has been so slow.

Additionally, everyone I've talked to who has had WLS still had to learn to eat right in the end to maintain the surgical loss...so why go through all that pain and discomfort? If you have never visited skinnydaily.com, I recommend it. One of the three writers there has had WLS and reading her essays may be of some help to you.

lateralus98 04-22-2005 02:52 PM

I'm going to Curves today to lose the weight....wish me luck!!

sweetlilac 04-23-2005 12:57 PM

Hi ladies

Sorry I been missing in action been doing the Spring Cleaning.
Jen have u decied to do BFL? Let me know

Julee I am doing WW at home to, I have not done very good this week. But I will this following week. Welome to the group. GReat job on the 3 lbs!!!!!

Leanne Welcome WOW u have lost 80 lbs that is great,pls share your secrets!!

Sheria Thanks for the website info I plan to ck this site out. Welcome to out group!

Lateralus How did curves go ?

Well i had a bad few days but AM on plan. Everyone have a good OP day

SheriaVa 04-23-2005 01:35 PM

Had a good day at the gym even though I was not in the mood to go. I went to the 9 a.m. step aerobics class which also includes upper and lower body toning and abs work. After that hour, I spent a half hour doing upper body weight training. I was really neglecting my weight training over the winter and am trying to kick that back up a few notches. Building muscle helps to burn fat, so it will help me get to where I want to be!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Funky Pioneer 04-23-2005 01:51 PM

Hi ALL! Newbie here. I just had a baby about 7 weeks ago and I have lost 20lbs or so in baby weight but I have stalled out at 212. :( I am 5' 3 and I've gained most of my weight in the past 3 years. I need inspiration. ITs so hard, DH works at a pizza shop and always brings it home and I am a total chocoholic! :dizzy:

sweetlilac 04-23-2005 02:04 PM

stacee Hi Congrats on the baby!! 20 lbs that is great.

Our stats our very simlar I am 5'3 and and want to get down to 145. When I get there i may go lower. Tell DH no more pizza :lol: .

What kind of plan are u doing? Have u started back to execrising?

Welcome to the group and post often so we can get to know u.

lateralus98 04-24-2005 03:51 AM

Hey all. Today sucked. Friend's tire blew out on the way home from a party. I didn't go to Curves. I DID, however, go to biology class. All 4 1/2 hours of it! :) Anyways, it's very late....talk to you all lata!

SheriaVa 04-24-2005 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funky Pioneer
ITs so hard, DH works at a pizza shop and always brings it home and I am a total chocoholic! :dizzy:

I'm right there with ya on both counts, FP! Pizza is one of my biggest weaknesses...just had it yesterday in fact...but I find healthier ways to have it (and less often) now. I'm also a major chocolaholic: I don't even TRY to deny myself chocolate--I know from past experience it won't work--so I have one little bite of dark chocolate (bitesize Dove Promise) every day after lunch as my dessert. When I eat REALLY GOOD chocolate like that, the satisfaction level is so much higher with a much smaller serving!

Welcome, FP, and look forward to hearing more from you!

sweetlilac 04-24-2005 04:59 PM

Lateralus sorry to hear abt the tire, i am glad u were safe. EKK 4 1/2 hrs of bio yuck. I hated to go when it was 2. Have mercy on u.

sherie Pizza is my weakness too. With all of us heres we can lick it.

Everyone havea OP day

lateralus98 04-24-2005 08:06 PM

I'm lucky, I don't really care for pizza OR chocolate. I do however, have a HUGE weakness for mashed taters, potato chips, and Taco Bell! :D

lateralus98 04-25-2005 09:37 AM

How is everyone doing today? I'm okay. I got woken up early by a crazed sibling. Tell you more later.

SheriaVa 04-26-2005 12:26 PM

Things are going well here. Did 30 minutes abs work this morning before work and brought a healthy and tasty meal to work for lunch today.

lateralus98 04-29-2005 07:21 AM

Ooh yummy. I've been keeping my weight down with MultiGrain Cheerios, SmartOnes frozen meals, and fruit. Don't forget the water, either! :lol:

*bump*

SheriaVa 04-29-2005 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lateralus98
Ooh yummy. I've been keeping my weight down with MultiGrain Cheerios, SmartOnes frozen meals, and fruit.

I hope you don't mean that's all you eat?

I tried the MultiGrain Cheerios but didn't like them--too sweet. Since regular Cheerios aren't sweet, I never expected the supposedly healthy multigrain ones to be...but they were...I gave the box away. My go to cereals are usually Complete Wheat Bran Flakes and Grape Nuts. While I don't care for sweet cereals for the most part, I must admit that the Weight Watcher's Honey Almond Crisp cereal is awesome and the numbers are good too.

For lunch, I usually have 2 1/2 to 3 oz. of meat (almost always chicken) and a couple of vegetables with a small starch component. I cook my own lunches and bring them to work every day...except Friday which is my day to go out. So I don't know what I'm having today yet. :)

lateralus98 04-29-2005 10:28 AM

no, there meals that my dad cooks at home which i modify to my preferences, but those are the only straight "diet" foods I buy. Other than that, I wing it and count calories. I actually don't do too bad :)

Banglee9 04-29-2005 10:40 AM

I'm just trying to get a copy of my weight tracker. Anybody have great ideas how I post it for home inspiration?

lateralus98 04-29-2005 10:42 AM

um you could save the image onto your hard drive, put it as your desktop, print it out and post it on the fridge, ummmm i dont know :lol:

SheriaVa 05-01-2005 09:19 AM

Just bumping us up. Hope you ladies are having a great weekend!

It has been gray and rainy here and I'm about to start my laundry and then do grocery shopping. Oh yay! Chores day! (trying to feign enthusiasm hehe)

lateralus98 05-02-2005 08:42 AM

Wow I did horribly this weekend! I had La Mesa (mexican restaurant) on saturday, and applebee's on sunday. god i feel like such a pig! i need to go work out like NOW!!! actually i think i will! :D

lateralus98 05-06-2005 02:53 PM

How's everyone doing?? *crickets*

SheriaVa 05-06-2005 05:45 PM

Doing okay here. You know, they have the Weight Watcher's menu at Applebee's, so next time you find yourself back there, you can be good! :) I have never been much of a fan of Applebee's myself but, since most of my friends are NOT healthy eating types, if I can steer them toward Applebee's when we eat out, I can at least have something lowfat while they pig out. :)

I had Mexican food yesterday for Cinco de Mayo and my scale was up A POUND today from yesterday--all the sodium no doubt! And chips & salsa weren't much of a problem cuz this particular place doesn't give you a basket of chips...just a few big chips on a small plate. But they're REALLY salty and spicy. I think I'll skip them in the future.

lateralus98 05-07-2005 01:46 AM

Yeah! I'm down 2 pounds! I went and worked out and at Curves they tightened up their machines so I was feelin' it today. I went out to eat *again* man I have not been good at all this week! oh well...as long as I work out tomorrow, it will be okay. The sun will still rise!

Man, I'm beat. I gotta go to bed, I have a class in the morning! :(

sweetlilac 05-10-2005 12:13 PM

Hi Ladies I am back didnt have the net for awhile . How is everyone