Old 04-05-2005, 01:45 PM   #16  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Cristi, thanx for the link!!! It is a great site.. afer reading it though, i think i am going to change my ticker into a smaller goal.. you know start small!! last week when DH was off for the week i gained a pound back.. i wasnt eating well or going for my walks!! so this week I am back on track!
tlprocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 03:06 PM   #17  
Hello my name is FABULOUS

Hi Ladies!!

Cristi --Thanks for the link. Good Tips.

Terri- Setting smaller goals is a great idea. I personally set 10 pound goals. Then I reward myself with a non food reward. For example, I have lost 5 pounds so tonight I am going to treat myself to a nice long hot bath.

My 25 pound goal reward is a pedicure.

Well this week has been pretty good so far. Last week, I had spring cleaning fever and donated all my plus sized winter clothes to the Salvation Army because I don't plan on fitting into them next winter. Besides I have storage bins full of size 8-10 that I wore before the baby and I AM determined to fit into them. I OWN them. Or at least I will again.

Still tracking the steps on the pedometer. Today's total so far is 4814. I still have to walk the dog tonight.

I have also been keeping track of the total number of steps I've done since last Thursday. So far the total is 40,306 steps, or a total of approximately 45 miles. But I never wore the pedometer on Saturday and Sunday (Forgot) so the total is definitely higher.

No ski machine today. Too tired to drag my butt out of bed. (This workin for a livin takes a lot out of you!!) I need to make tonight an early night (after my hot bath of course) and get up early tomorrow and hit the slopes. (er.... the basement that is.)

Beautiful day today here in Southern Ontario. Hope everyone else is having nice spring weather too.

TTFN
Neets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 09:39 PM   #18  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Thumbs up

Terri & Anita~you are welcome. I saw the link somewhere and thought it was cool. Thought I would share it with everyone. I still haven't read everything there.

Anita~WTG on the miles! I have been meaning to get a pedometer but keep forgetting. Did find the old one we have to see if I can get that working first. I would love to get into a 8-10 but even when I was smaller I wore a 12/14 so would be happy to get in a 14 right now. I know I will never be as small as I was before kids and am comfortable in the 150-160 range so am aiming for that.

Terri~good for you for getting back on track! I am aiming for smaller goals also and hoping it works. Think I will get rid of the ultimate goal ticker. Every time I see how far I have to go I get discouraged.

WTG everyone else on their progress.

I'm doing so so. Haven't weighed but will be doing that Monday for sure. Working on getting more exercise in but as of yet, it ain't happenin'! I hate that I feel so lazy.

Anyway...happy losin' everyone!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 10:52 AM   #19  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Ya i think I am going to change my ticker right now to a smaller ultimate goal.. if i get there then i will change it but right now the other one looks unattainable!! (is that a word) Well I went for my walk again yesterday it was a beautiful day.. but today is raining again!! I need a treadmill or something. maybe i will go now and look if i can find any deals on them... If i couyld walk and watch tv at the same time i would go twice as far because i would be so bored staring at the trees!! OK well Cristi good job on the 2 pounds lost!! Neets... I could never get a pedicure lol i freak anytime anyone goes near my feet lol they are so sensitive!! Well i better get ttfn!!
Old 04-15-2005, 07:47 AM   #20  

Height: 5'1"

Since I've been back on the Gazelle (and boy do my legs know it!) I thought I would bring up this thread to see how everyone else is doing.

I have decided that I will do no less than 30mins. on the gazelle, unless of coarse something prevents me from doing so (like company)

I have also been drinking a lot more water and green tea.

I want to try and plan my lunches for work rather than eating from the coffee shop. I would save so much money and probably be eating much healthier!!

Anyway....those are my plans and what I'm doing right now. What are all you doing? And feel free to share any idea's or tips to keep ourselves healthy. It's always good to hear how others are making it work.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 07:27 AM   #21  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Cristi, Katy & Anita - how's it going for you?

Terri - changing your ticker goal seems like a good idea. More doable, you know?

Marti - yay for the renewed exercise committment!

I'm doing good with the food, still maintaining, but have some special challenges coming up with Katie's graduation, etc. I just naturally drink a lot of water now, everyday, so that's never a problem anymore, unless I eat salty foods. As for the exercise, I've mostly been going for the natural kind. Since I've been spring cleaning, all of my muscles are complaining, so I know they are getting a workout, lol. Plus, I play in the yard with the grandkids, running around and having fun.

Have an OP day!!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 03:51 AM   #22  

This is a saturday and that means it's the weekend...so I didn't get on the gazelle. I almost (notice the almost) feel guilty about it. But by Monday I will be back on there.

I'm really looking forward to the weather drying up more....I want to start walking. I've been reading Oprah's magazine and she just looks fabulous and I want to start doing more. She's an inspiration!!

I did some shopping for lunches for work. I have decided to make my own burritos....low fat tortilla's, and load them up w/black beans and veggies. May not be the best choice, but considering that I've been eating Chicken Salad sandwhiches at work which are LOADED w/mayo, a soda, and some chips......I think it will make a difference.

Also.....been refilling my 32oz water bottle three to four times a day.....must keep my body hydrated! (I've been slacking on the water the last few or more months so this is refreshing!)

I've been thinking of giving myself a personal challenge....I have no idea what though, but I want to figure something out and log it here...maybe start my own "Personl Challenge" thread....just an idea.

Ok...I'm tired and I think I pretty much babbled on and on.

How is everyone else doing???
Old 04-26-2005, 03:30 PM   #23  

Exercise lately has been terrible. No one to blame but myself really. I stopped wearing the pedometer because Joycelyn broke it and it keeps falling off. I have vowed to make more time for exercise but things keeps getting in the way. I know that these are just feeble excuses for not exercising, so I am giving myself a reality check. I have not been exercising because I have been too darn lazy to drag my butt down to the basement to do it. As a result, I am sure that my weight loss has stalled. I am vowing to work harder. Starting today. I do however, try to make sure that I add extra steps to my day everyday.

ttfn

Anita
Old 04-27-2005, 08:30 AM   #24  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

hello, well i guess for me right now i have good daysand bad days.. this weather isnt helping the walking! I really need a treadmill or something. trying to drink my water.. getting some down anyway. Anita: give yourself a little time to adjust to going back to work! It will come in time!
Old 04-27-2005, 08:38 AM   #25  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Marti - did you think of a special challenge for yourself? Your burritos sound healthy and yummy, too!

Anita - you're probably getting more exercise than you think, just taking care of the baby, lol. Just try to keep the food under control, and I think you'll see the numbers on the scale go down.

Ack! The winds blew sticks all over our huge yard, and I spent a good while out there picking them up with the rest of the family. My hamstrings felt it, lol. Plus, I've been walking when weather permits, and am still doing the arm exercises.

Can't wait for some decent cantaloupe around here! Right before our own are ripe, we get some pretty good ones from Florida. Gotta say, though, our own are best, lol.

In the meantime, I've been chowing down on the WW soup still. Thank goodness for that stuff!

How's it going for you?
Old 04-28-2005, 05:34 PM   #26  

Jane--No I haven't thought of anything. Just wanting to tone myself up. I'm on the gazelle everyday. Even when I don't want to. And I'm drinking lots of water and eating a lot better. My biggest issue for me isn't necessarily wanting to lose weight, it's to tone what I have so it doesn't look so fluffy...you know what I mean?? So what ever challenge I give mysef, it will be an active one.

Anita--Getting myself to workout seems to be a challenge EVERYDAY! But I start thinking...ok, I can sit and watch tv for half an hour letting the muscles get weaker OR I can set the gazelle up in front of the tv for half an hours and get my workout done. Believe me, I talk to myself every morning! Don't worry, you'll get yourself a routine. And I bet that once summer is here, our moods will brighten along with it and get our motivation going.

Terri--As I mentioned to Anita....weather could be affecting our efforts to get ourselves going. Just know that we are here if you're feeling down. I got your message contact note....and added you to my contacts! So anytime you want to chat while I'm online....I'll be there!

There is this woman at work that works the day shift, and I hadn't seen her in months. Well last friday she was working a little later that day and I had come in earlier so I got to see her and talk with her. OMG!! She's lost so much weight!! And all she did was change her eating to eating more fresh fruits and veggies...and bought herself a----------you guessed it---a GAZELLE!! so that inspired me to keep at it!

Ok ladies...I've turned this into a chitchat....best get going.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:03 AM   #27  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up

Hey ladies,

It's been awhile since anyone posted here!

Marti - I'm glad to hear you say that about the lady with the Gazelle. I think I'm going to get mine back out, because I haven't been getting in the walking that I thought I would. I need an exercise room, lol, so I could get a treadmill again! I seriously thought about joining the Y just for that, but can't see myself driving to town for that 3 or 4 times a week!

I'm doing fine with the food and water. Katie's graduation party is going to be a challenge, but I'll be so busy with the guests, that maybe I won't have time to focus on the food, lol. And I plan to send the high-calorie foods home with others. You know me.... Director of Plans, lol.

So how're you others doing?
Old 05-31-2005, 08:16 AM   #28  
GmaTo8

Hello? Anybody home?? Sheesh, it's too quiet in here, lol.

I got through the graduation party just fine, and made it through Memorial Day, too. The next challenge I have is my family reunion which is being held this Sunday. Not sure what I'll be taking yet, but it will be healthy foods.

Exercise still remains to be my biggest challenge. Yesterday I cleaned out the shed where I keep my storage stuff, and it took several hours. My body was already sore last night, and feels even worse today but at least I got the muscles in action, lol.

I can hardly wait for more fresh fruits and vegetables! Less than a month for cantaloupe, and about the same for tomatoes. YUM!! Those 2 are my faves, lol.

How're you coping with the challenges of summer?
Old 05-31-2005, 09:36 AM   #29  

I'm here!!

I had a great workout this morning. 30 minutes on the ski machine and about 5 minutes on weights. (That's all I had time for because Joycelyn woke up and I still needed to shower for work)

But I feel soooooo much better about things and myself. I must be to skip exercise. Why do we do these things to ourselves when we know it makes us feel bad, and avoid the things we know make us feel good?

Old 05-31-2005, 03:20 PM   #30  

I'm here too....

My arms feel like Jello since I mowed the lawn then went back and used the weed eater to get along the fence. that's got to count as exercise since James was waiting for his call and wasn't out there to help. So it was all me.

I'm wanting to get myself in order, and I wanted to start by today. I'll work on what I eat today and then move the exercise in tomorrow. My bike has been calling my name so I may pull that out tomorrow.

I'll be back to keep you updated.