Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 06:09 PM   #31  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Unhappy

Thank You for the big welcome Cristi I posted my info on the bio board if anyone wants to know more.. Well i started my new get healthy plan yesterday... i walked 1 mile. doesnt sound like much but it is for me.. i dont usually even leave the house on a normal day.. i did some crunches today and felt really good... then my brother brought me 2 junior bacon cheeseburgers from Wendy's well of course i ate them , so now i am feeling like a big loser.... oh well maybe when hubby gets home i will go use my dads Gazelle. (It is too cold to go outside today) WEll thanks for listening guys, have a good night!
Old 03-16-2005, 09:08 PM   #32  
Closed

Hi Everyone
I have been trying to catch up on all your posts but I will probably forget most of what I read ,but I got the gist of what is going on, where is everyone going, don't leave I promise I will be good
Welcome to the new girls, glad to have you here,

Hi Jane~ I will get that peanut butter marshmallow square recipe to you , I think you will like it, its yummy. I was reading about your dilema and I would have to agree with most, saying that , I wouldn't give them the chance to ruin Katie's special day.Since you have no quarentee's that they will treat your family with respect, I think you have no obligation to include them,I know that your faith makes this decision ,more difficult,I to always struggle with things like this, since I have the same kind of family situation, I used to make myself sick , but I don't do that anymore. Maybe someday you will have a chance as a family to heal this wound , but I don't think this is the time or place to risk, what may be a disaster.This should be a happy memorable day, and it should filled with the people that love your family ,theres my two centsdo I get change.When is your trip with Katie, I bet you are looking forward to it.I hope your family is well.

Hi Marti~I guess your off on your beautiful trip, I hope you and James have a wonderful time, I wish you both the HAPPIEST ANNIVERSARY, enjoy every moment of it,(((HUGS ))))

Hi Mindee~ I didn't crave pickles either,my thing was cheese, and everything salty.Congratulations on becoming a new Auntie, lots of babies in your family, nice to have little ones close in age, hope your feeling well.

Hi Cristi ~When are you leaving, everyone has somewhere to go, I know what you mean about missing the computer, I was lost when this one went down, even if I don't feel well enough to post ,just the idea that I couldn't made me crazy, OH OH my name is Ellen and I am a computer addict I will miss you ,everyone is going away ,I will be alone here and I don't know those new girls are they nice Of course they are, I'm just kidding did you get your border up seems like I haven't talked to you for forever. My daughter does my taxes, so I don't have to go anywhere , she hands me the papers and I sign em, and thats the way I like it.

Hi Pam~ How are you doing, Did you get everything taken care of with your sister , my heart goes out to you, I know this is a very sad time for you , but she isn't suffering anymore and thats a blessing I hope your ok ((((HUGS))))

Hi Susan~ How did little Gaby make out on her outing, did she make it home at the appropriate time, It must have been heartwrenching watching her leave you crying, situations like this are so sad,so much wear and tear on the emotions. How are you, did you survive the weekend , must have been so quiet with out her . It seems this situation is never ending, is there some sort of closer in sight,as far as getting the details settled, so you can have a life. I really hope so,I can't imagine what its like to go through this day after day, ((((HUGS AND BEANS ))))

Hi Angie~ Sorry to hear your friend is moving away , when my best friend moved away years ago , I was lost, we kept in contact for some years then it faded away, as our lives changed,I have often wanted to call but it has been so long now, I looked up her address and phone no, on the internet now, I'm sure that you and your friend will keep in contact, but its different when they move away Wow Brandon is graduating this year, how is he doing now, is Tanner a star yet, I never did get my autograph Hope your getting some rest. I'm sure

Hi Katie~ Your in DisneyLand yay, lucky you,what on earth are you doing on the computer, Have a wonderful time.

Hi Katy~ congratulations on your weight loss contiued success, I wish I could say the same, but I have not been doing good on that subject,I keep trying , but I keep failing argggggggg Looks like my plans for this summer are a bust, no new clothes no new hairdo, nothing, I am discouraged right now, but I'm happpy for you:lol;

Hi Kathy , Julie , Ann, Dianne , Sue ,Jenn,and everyone else,I hope you are all having a great day,
Well I think I have run out of things to say for now still coughing and conjested but feeling a bit better, some of the kitties are improving some are struggling and have to start a second week of antibiotics, Amelie isn't feeling well at all, she has never had a chance to recover from her sad little life so far, so much in one short year, the babies are sneezing , but so far are still playing eating and drinking, hopefully another dose of medication will get then on the road to feeling better, Anyway girls I hope you are having a nice night

I apologize for miss piggy she is lying about the weight loss , but she means well,
Old 03-16-2005, 10:06 PM   #33  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good day Jaded Ladies. I want to thank you all for your kind words at the loss of my brother. I have had a rough month, but I appreciate all my friends here. It makes things easier somehow to know you have prayers and good thoughts coming your way.
Sounds like there are several JL's hitting the road this month. Hope you all have great fun. DH wanted to head back to Las Vegas for a couple more weeks, but I told him I can't face getting back on an airplane this week. I just want to stay home and un-wind.
I have been doing lots of over eating and being lazy...so yesterday I got off my duff and walked 3 miles, today 2 miles. The eating thing is/was way out of hand, so I am trying to curb that also. I have to make new routines and habits. One day at a time!

Again, thanks to you special ladies!
Old 03-16-2005, 10:08 PM   #34  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

P.S. Hello to all the new ladies. Hope to get to know you all. There are lots of great ladies here. You will like it!
Old 03-17-2005, 07:47 AM   #35  
GmaTo8

Top o' the Mornin' to you, Mauvoreens!! May you live as long as you want to, and may you want to as long as you live!!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you! I didn't send cards this year. Better luck at Easter, lol.

Katiecat - upgraded to a suite! YAY!! That happened to us when we visited Neal's brother in Louisianna last year. The room wasn't ready, and it was time, so without any hesitation, they offered to upgrade us. Give Mickey a kiss for me, will ya? Tell him I'll meet him in Florida in a couple of years.

Cristi - Maggie and Jerry are going with their daughter and grandkids to the Smoky mountains for almost a week. His doctor said he shouldn't attempt the trip, but they are going, anyway. He wants to see the mountains again so badly. Too sad!! Neal is invited to Mary's to eat while Katie and I are gone. Plus, I'm getting some snacky things for him today, and there are things in the freezer. Yes, he will worry about us and miss us until he picks us up Friday night. I'll leave little notes for him to find while I'm gone.

Angie - how'd your dye job go? Better than mine, I hope. When I do something stupid, I tease and say I must have blond roots, lol. But sheesh, I didn't REALLY want them!! Awww, so sorry your friend is moving! Hope you had fun on your breakfast date. Well, now you have a new destination for vacations - you can go see her.

tlprocks - welcome!! I'll pop over and read your bio in a little while. Let me tell you, you've found the warmest, sisterly-est group on the boards!

Anita - Step Away From the Jelly Beans, lol!! Throw 'em out the door! Maybe your little one needed Grandma Jane to rock her to sleep. Just bring her over, and I'll take care of that, lol.

Ellen - post the recipe whenever you feel up to it. Terry and Dale both are crazy about peanut butter stuff, so I wouldn't have to worry about it temping me for long. Glad you and the kitties are better.

Sue - glad to see you popping in. Don't you think the weather is unseasonably cold here in Indiana? I'm ready for some 70's an 80's temps, lol.

Well, today Madison (2 1/2) and I are going to Walmart, the church office, and the post office. We will be wearing our Official Blarney Boppers. That's what the package called them, lol. They are like a headband, with antennae that are green shamrocks, sticking up about a foot higher than the head. I have 2 sets, so will join the little one in wearing them, lol. Grandmas do things like this, lol. I'll get someone to take our picture and then I'll post it, ok?
Old 03-17-2005, 10:14 AM   #36  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good morning Ladies, and Happy St. Paddy's Day to you all

Anita, I hope you mean your eating the jelly beans and not putting them in your ears to drown out the sound of crying....not that we encourage the ladies to eat jellybeans... a way to think a different way,,,you are increasing her lung capacity by letting her cry,,,you never know she may be our future Idol...
Jane, I bet you and Madison look great with your headbands...I should of thought of doing something like that...
The dye job turned out great,,,I got a trim and am feeling pretty darn great about the hair.
Yesterday was agreat, I barely did anything,,,cleaned the two bathrooms, one load of laundry,,,but I did get Tanners Green Day Tickets! WAhooo
Breakfast was great,,,we always have awesome talks. Finished reading my book, Divine Evil by Nora Roberts...kinda scary.
I should of been doing reports instead of reading but I just hate doing reports and only when they have made their 3 rd call do I knuckle under and do them..*sigh

Well I should get ready for work...
Old 03-17-2005, 10:15 AM   #37  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Katie, I am so jealous! I wanna be in a suit....at Disneyland!

Have fun,,,,can you do Indiana Jones ride a couple of extra times for me?
Old 03-17-2005, 10:29 AM   #38  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Thumbs up

Good morning ladies and Happy St. Paddy's Day

I too didn't send out St. Patricks Day cards with Easter being this month. Did get my Easter cards mailed first thing this morning though. Thought I better do that before leaving tomorrow. Gased up last night since I had to run DS#1 his spare key to the gas station. I swear that kid has such bad luck with his keys. He broke it somehow so had to sit there for 15 mns. till I got there with his spare. You would have thought after locking his keys in the car last week he would have learned!

Angie~I had to go get some licorice this morning! I told DD and she said we can't go on a road trip without it! How far from you is your friend moving? It's always hard when that happens but I know you guys will keep in touch with each other. It was hard for me when I left CA and my friends behind but we have kept in touch through letters, cards, phone calls and e-mails. And the times I have gone back we always got together. So that gives you somewhere to go for a weekend get-away! Glad you got tickets for Tanner-he's gonna love it!

Ellen~I am leaving tomorrow morning at 8 a.m. and I am really excited. It's been a while since I have gone anywhere and I look forward to this. I'll send ya a postcard. Didn't get that border up yet. V has to make me a template because getting it around the window and all that trim is tricky. I don't know what I did but I hit the wall and tore/scrapped the border so that's why I have to replace it. I did get to Home Depot and buy it yesterday though.

Jane~I do the same with V. He always misses us when we go and I have been on a few little trips and even though sometimes he works A LOT he still misses us and worries too. He was worried about too many people being on the road because of spring break. But I hide cards around for him. I think that is a good idea...Maggie and Jerry going to the Smoky Mountains. Maybe he knows this will be it and he wants to be in a beautiful, serene place when he goes. I think it will be good for both of them.

Tlprocks~you are welcome for the welcome! A mile walked is a mile walked and is a lot to me! I haven't been doing much of anything, and I wonder why I am not losing! Not really because I know why but...any amount of time of exercise is a good start so a mile is good. The two cheeseburgers however, are not missy. I know how hard it is to resist though and again that is why I am not losing. I figure one day I will get it right and get too business but for me right now trying to force it is not working for me. Anyway, we are here for you anytime you want or need to talk.

Sue~I can only imagine how tired you are of flying. WTG on the miles walked! That's all we can do is take things one day at a time.

Well, ladies, I have a busy day planned. Ran to the bank this morning and to Walgreens to get some licorice! Of course to the post office to get those Easter cards sent. I've got housecleaning, laundry and packing to do today so got up early to get on with the day. Also, want to polish my nails...ahhhh, so much to do! Plan on going to bed early tonight. I must say when we planned this back in Feb. I was a little anxious and now I am excited and can't wait! Want to get my car cleaned, the inside. Had the outside washed yesterday, and get things loaded in there by this afternoon so that I can rest before having to fix dinner and feel rested for the drive tomorrow. Well, most things...can't pack all my make-up and stuff till in the morning of course. I can't wait! Anywhooo...

Take care ladies and have a wonderful St. Paddy's Day! I'll be back later

Last edited by FrouFrou; 03-17-2005 at 10:37 AM.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:05 AM   #39  
Hello my name is FABULOUS

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick hello and then Joycelyn and I are off again for the Day. First we have to go to Costco to pick up some supplies for my partylite show on Saturday and then I have all sorts of errands to run.

Jane--It would have been great if you could have rocked Joycelyn to sleep yesterday. As it turned out she screamed for an hour, then slept for half an hour and then woke up yelling again. Luckily, I got away from the Jelly beans and stayed glued to the computer seat.

Angie--Next Idol. Possibly, I hope so. She loves music and I sing to her all the time and I have a pretty good voice. (not Idol material but I get by) Anyway, when her time come's it will be Canadian Idol and not American Idol. At least she won't have to have her heart broken by that Horrid Simon.

Anyway, must run Joycelyn (that little monkey) is trying to hone in on the keyboard. She is into everything. She's unstoppable, and she isn't even walking yet!!

TTFN
Old 03-17-2005, 11:24 AM   #40  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Smile

Just wanted to say Happy St. Patricks Day to Everyone!!

(my brothers name is patrick,, so he likes this day) lol.. I did go on the gfazelle last night so feel a little better, today is a new day,, and it looks like it is going to be a nice one!(minus the 4 feet of snow on the ground)
Well i better go get the baby some lunch..ttfn have a good day
Old 03-17-2005, 02:58 PM   #41  
kitty Momo

Welcome tlprocks!!

Just thought I would pop in and say Happy ST Particks Day to you all.

To answer Ellen's questions........... Yes, Gaby arrived home 15 minutes early last Sunday night. She will leave for her full weekend tomorrow morning. He will pick her up from my mothers because I have to work.

No in end sight until June or July. I guess we are set for the evaluation in June.

Curious to know what is going on with his child support. He had a 3/19 deadline to respond.

I guess that is it.......mmmm, beans. Going to Freddies deli now and get me some chili.....

catch up later
Old 03-17-2005, 03:08 PM   #42  
Closed

HAPPY ST PATRICKS DAY EVERYONE

I hope you are all having a wonderful day,Its cold here but the sun was nice this morning , I only have a few minutes right now , so I just wanted to say HAPPY ST PATTY'S DAY, I have one kitty who's really sick today , she's my old girl of 17 years, I thought she was going to bypass it , but it wasn't to be, so she is very sick, and I have to keep a close eye on her because of her age,I also wanted to make sure I got to wish Miss Cristi a happy and safe trip,I am going to miss you here, its like a day without coffee ,but I hope you have a wonderful time, looking forward to hearing all about it when you come back,(((HUGS))) Jane I am the same way about peanut butter treats, I love them , and the problem is I eat them to I bet you are going to look so cute in your matching headbands , you are the true meaning of a loving Grandma
Sorry Ladies I have to cut this short right now, its time to dispense some medications,to my kitties,but I hope that every one is enjoying their day so far,and if you are celebrating ST PATTY'S DAYtonight have a great time and take care, I will try and catch up later,
Hey Susie to answer Ellens question , you mad at me , cause I still luv's you

Last edited by Tea Rose; 03-17-2005 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:53 PM   #43  
kitty Momo

To answer Ellen's question.....no...

haha

Poor kitties, you are such a good mom Ellen. You are the cat meow - lol
Totally goofy on mini candy bars!! Help, Help.....

Oh, Ellen......I am up to 152 again! I don't know what is wrong with me. Stressed on this custody thing, I am sure that is the root of my problem.

What is a girl to do but go to Panda Express and eat a 3 - entree - lol.

No, never mad at you Ellen

Better get back to my mini's!! Prayers for you kitties
Old 03-17-2005, 06:25 PM   #44  
RosieKate

OK - after lots of ups and downs I think I can finally say I have lost these three pounds - never to be seen again! My scale weighs to the tenth of a pound and some days I get on three times and get three different weights. I think the breeze in the room makes a difference

Happy St. Patrick's Day

James and the neighbor girl, apparently despairing of getting to pinch anyone today, decided that if someone wasn't wearing yellow they could poke 'em.... Don't think that was a real popular alternative Gotta hand it to them for creativity at least

Susan - chili sounds yummy! I think I may have some tonight. Do you get any time off next week - are your girls doing anything interesting for the break? I am taking the kids to visit first, my mother in Condon, then my grandmother in Yakima....should be fun

Ellen - you sound like you are feeling better - your sense of humor has definitely returned! Hope your kitty feels better soon

Neets - your little girl sounds so cute! I read your post on the WL & T thread and sounds like you and I have been in similar places, with regard to childbirth and weight. I weighed 245 the day I gave birth to my DD in 2001 - breastfeeding knocked off 25, but then I couldn't lose anything for the life of me.... until I stopped nursing... but that didn't happen until my DD was 2. So I can definitely relate to the frustration. I've managed to slowly get some of the lbs off over the last 15 months... that's what's reflected on my tracker. you hang in there - this board is a very supportive place and these gals have helped me alot.

tlprocks - Happy St. Paddy's - 4 ft of snow! here in Oregon we are getting 60-70 degree days... it's unseasonably warm, for sure.

Cristi - Have a great trip - travel safely!

Angie - I just got American Idiot from the library and put it on my computer.... can't wait to give it a listen

Katie - a suite at Disneyland sounds real good right now - I 'm so happy for you guys - you have a great time ya hear?

Jane - can't wait to see the blarney bloopers...he he... sounds so cute!~

Well, I may try to drop in on chat tonight... anyone else going to be there? DH has a track meet which means he is working late... I may let the kids watch a video after dinner...which will give me a little time to check in on my JL pals...

Old 03-17-2005, 07:01 PM   #45  
kitty Momo

Hi Katie,

I get no time off next week, I think I only have 12 hours annual leave - lol. The girls are going with their father down to the central coast. He will take Gaby too - so sweet - she will have fun with her sisters.

I might take off Friday and spend 3 days with them, we'll see.

I finally spoke with the child support lady and she will issue a letter to suspend Mike's drivers license on Monday - yay.....she hasn't heard anything from him but knowing his luck she will..........seems to always happen.

But if not.....lets celebrate with bowls of chili for all!!

Congrats on the weight loss Katie - the pounds must have found their way to me lol....

chat later
Closed Thread