Old 02-28-2005, 01:16 PM   #16  
Gloria

We went to see Lemony Snicket's Tricia. The one with Jim Carrey in it. It was okay, nothing to get excited about. I little to dark for kids to see in my opinion.

I made a birthday card for Tricia and Laura but for some reason i cant down load it. I hate computers.

Has anyone heard from Laura? I don't remember if she said she was going on vacation or not. I hope she's okay.

Have lots to do today so better get going.
Hugs to all.
Gloria
5 dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 03:18 PM   #17  

Just a quickie - I am on my lunch hour at work.

I am going to practice "positive" talk to myself. I can fall into the "I can't - I won't ever's" very easily and know it aids in my failures. So, that's what I have been thinking about this morning.

Later,
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 03:22 PM   #18  
Gloria

Went to the Y this past Friday and weighed myself and was surprised to see that i lost 2 pounds in one week. I think my problem is, when i weigh myself, its usually after i have eaten breakfast or dinner, and i heard you should weigh yourself in the morning before you eat anything. I have just got to get myself a scale.

You know Cheryll, there are a lot of times when i have lots to do and can't post long letters to everyone, so i try to just say hi to everyone. If you have a hard time posting everyday, then just stick your head in and say hi. Sometimes even that will make you feel better.

Three cheers for you BarbPa. YOU GO GIRLFRIEND!!! I bet you felt a lot better after your exercise.

Just got back from food shopping and still have to put all the stuff away.
Talk to you soon.
Gloria
Old 02-28-2005, 08:57 PM   #19  
Gloria

Old 02-28-2005, 09:42 PM   #20  

Smile

Does anyone know where there is a "Graphics Anonymous" support group????

I think we need to have an intervention here!!!
Old 02-28-2005, 09:58 PM   #21  
Gloria

Surely your not talking about me?
I was laying in bed last night thinking about the program Will sent me. I just had to try it out and see if it would work. This is only the beginning friends. Maybe i should change my name to graphics galore.
Later Gator

Glroia, A.K.A. Love them graphics

Last edited by 5 dogs; 02-28-2005 at 10:05 PM.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:53 AM   #22  

Smile

One good day done. Now to go for two.

Replies later, I need and have to work - they seem to think that is what they are paying me for.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:58 AM   #23  
Gloria

I cant imagine what your boss was thinking Lucky. Wanting you to work for pay.
You may be seeing me around here a lot today. People are coming out to give us a price on spraying our yard to kill off the weeds. I would be very rich if i had a nickel for every dollar weed we have in our yeard, so i have to stick around here and wait on them. I hate waiting for anything or anyone. Carl tells me i am a very inpatient person. Now i know this is going to sound like I'm only two years old, but i want what i want, when i want it.

At the Y that i go to, there is this big bubble covering the pool so it can be used year around. Its like swimming in the Goodyear blimp. This coming Saturday they are taking the bubble down. Yippee skippee. Now i can get some exercise and a nice tan all at the same time.

Its almost 10 o'clock and i still have to eat breakfast so better get going.
Later Gator.
Gloria
Old 03-01-2005, 12:19 PM   #24  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

I am caught up on reading , but this is about all I can do for a post . I was called in to work last night after one hour of sleep. The new person on our night shift decided to no show and wasn't even polite enough to call and give warning. I'm going to try and get some good sleep in now, just in case they can't cover the shift again tonight. *heavy sigh* I had plans for today! I want to stay here and post, for one. Mostly, I wanted to let you know I wasn't off somewhere being all depressed and eating too much food. I'll do my best to get back in here later for a real post.

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 04:16 PM   #25  
a work in progress...

Hi there! Just a fly by for me too...hopefully, I can get back in later. I really want to get to the gym and sitting here could easily occupy me for WAY longer than necessary.

My sister and I sucked it up and joined Weight Watchers <again> yesterday. When I work it, I work it very well. Manipulating those points to get as much as I can out of them! For instance...this morning, after working all night, shoveling my car out at work, then shoveling here when I got home...I WAS RAVENOUS! I made myself a hearty breakfast, consisting of an egg white omelet, (3 egg whites) with broccoli and cheese, toast w/I can't believe it's not butter, an orange, and a glass of V8...all for 5.5 points! Got three fruits and veggies in, no problem and was very satisfied. I still have lots of points left for the rest of the day! I like looking for ways to maximize the nutritional value as well as the VOLUME of what I'm eating!

Anyway, so far, so good, whatever keeps me on track is a good thing.

Gotta run, I'll try to get back here later!

PS...I'm extremely jealous of swimming and tanning, Miss Gloria!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 08:52 PM   #26  

Hi everyone!

I'm making this a quick one too. I did do aerobics yesterday and today. Two days so far this week. My husband and I went up to the lakes sat. just for the day. I needed to get away after the week I had at work. I'm trying to stay focused and mentally strong this week.

And Gloria, I saw Lemony Snicketts when it first came out and I thought it was boring. It was a dissapointment. And I hate to say this but you definately need to be in graphics anonymous. Just an observation. Ha, Ha. And talk about being impatient.
That's me through and through. I move so fast sometimes that I have to watch myself because other people don't do the same. It's like whats the problemo people!
Move it, move it, move it. Let's just say I'm an intense person and leave it at that.
Maybe they have a support group for that too. Hmmmm?

Has anyone been watching the bachelorette? The big finale was last night. I sat there for three hours waiting for Jen's decision and at the end of the show she didn't pick anyone. It was aggravating. There was a live audience and some lady got up and said "Ok, Jen, you were engaged to Andrew Firestone and called that off. Then you were on this show to find your soulmate and it looked as if you were having this terrible struggle because you couldn't decide between these two men and then still chose no one. Then the lady preceded to ask her just what it would take to make her happy. I kept wondering was this all for publicity or something. There are so many reality shows now. But I find The Apprentice is my favorite. I love that show.

Ok, I really gotta go.
Later gators,
cheryll
c bo be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 09:04 PM   #27  
Gloria

Most embarrassing moment.

Digger our dog likes to cary a shoe around in his mouth. Its never the same shoe and he never chews it up, he just likes carrying someone's shoe around. Anyway, because of this, there is never the same pair of shoes in one place at he same time. We have to go looking for the one missing shoe because Digger has droopped it some place.
My feet were cold this morning but i could only find one slipper of Carl's, and one of mine so i figured a miss match par is better than nothing. Well, the weed spraying guy came out this morning and i forgot i had one big green slipper and one fuzzy pink slipper on my feet. It wasn't till after he left that i realized what i was warning. I guess the guy thought i was some kind of hick or something.
Gloria

Last edited by 5 dogs; 03-02-2005 at 09:25 AM.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:20 AM   #28  

Most embarrassing moment!

I can't believe I'm even going to tell this, but here goes. It was during the summer and myself and 4 other friends went to play golf. After finishing the 2nd hole we moved onto the 3rd hole and I was keeping score for everyone. Well they all gathered around my golf bag and were giving me their scores, and low and behold I looked up and gave them this look like it might be wise to run. Well, I did it. I farted. But it came from nowhere, and it was this long puttering fart too. Couldn't stop it. Well, these eight little beety eyes were looking at me in disbelief. Then they all said almost simutaneously, RUN! And took off running. Well, I've never been able to live that down. Yep, farting on the golf course with friends is not a good thing.

Have a great day all!
Cheryll
c bo be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 09:07 AM   #29  

Question

Gloria, I can't read your posts. All I see is a box with a red X in the middle. Clicking didn't do a thing.

I will re-look tonight at home but on my work computer I can't read a thing
Old 03-02-2005, 10:22 AM   #30  

Kat, you are a girl after my own heart. I can find ways to get a LOT of food out of my daily calorie allowences. Greg teases me that I eat more while I'm losing weight than I do when I'm not. And, I swear, he is right! There a some days that I find myself having to squeeze in the last couple hundered calories so that I meet the minimum 1200. Of course, it takes a little more forethought and planning than just grapping something but it is a nice talent to have when I put it to good use!

Gloria, you need to keep track of all these things that happen to you and then write a book. Between the burned rye sandwich and mis-matched slippers you've got a great opening chpater!

I have sooooo many embarrasing moments it is hard to choose just one. The incident that I get the most ribbing from happened in college. My best friend and I were on our way to take an economics exam. We get to class and the professor has a policy of having at least one chair between students during testing. We all start spreading out and I end up at the top tier of the class - maybe 8 or 10 steps (and by steps I mean actual little stairs like in a stadium) up from where we usually sat. My friend managed to sit on the same row as usual but on the aisle. The test starts and it is so quiet you could hear a pin drop. When, out of the blue, my desk colapses and I go skipping on my rear down the steps. There was still a dead silence. I look up and all I can see is the back of my friends head and the big bow she had on top of it (I went to school during the late 80's, early 90's) bobbing up and down. She was laughing SO hard but trying to keep it in so I couldn't hear her, just see that stupid bow. Well, it seemed like I was down there forever but it must have only been a few seconds before the rest of the class gave me a standing ovation. Now, I wasn't fat at the time - in the 130-135 range- but I thought I was a cow. So, as if it weren't embarassing enough to fall but to be FAT and have your chair COLLAPSE! Let me just say that it doesn't get any worse. Turns out some practical joker had taken all of the bolts and screws out of the desk so it looked sturdy until someone sat in it and wiggled a little. And to top it all off, I don't think I even passed the test.

And Cheryll, this same friend was a farter too. But she was one of those girls that was really petite, came across soooo prim and proper (but wasn't!). She could rip one like you would not believe and she could do it on demand. She'd do it in the most public of places and then call one of our names and say in the most discreet of tones, "So and so, please, I can't believe you just did that." Or, she'd just make a face and shoot an accusing glance at someone else. NOBODY EVER THOUGHT SHE DID IT! She was just too girly to look like she could produce something so horrible. And the worst part was that she was so calm in blaming other people that if you did too much arguing it would appear that you were the one trying to cover it up. Oh, she is a rascal. But, to this day, she is one of the dearest and best friends that I have.

Ahhhh, the good ole days!

Hope you all have a good one!
Tricia
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote