Old 02-11-2005, 09:38 AM   #16  
Gloria

Thank you soooo much BarbG for helping me. I was getting so frustrated yesterday that i didn't even know who i was talking to. A big kiss for you.

Yes Lucky, i guess i am a weirdo. People have told me on more than one occasion that i live outside "the box". My out look on life is what keeps me feeling young, and that i can do anything i set my mind to.

Oh Cheryll, you have just got to try this graphic thing. I was up till 12o'clock last night just looking at all the cool stuff thats on the net. Weeee, this is fun.

Thanks again BarbG for helping me.
Have lots to do today so have to go.
Happy Valentine's day to everyone.
Gloria

Last edited by 5 dogs; 02-11-2005 at 10:02 AM.
5 dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 10:28 AM   #17  
Hang In There

Gloria, I told you it was addictive!!

Okay gang, here goes Andria, your post has opend a whole new can of worms for me. I was part of the other thread. I was checking in 3 or 4 times a day and I was right in the " middle " of the controversity (for lack of a better word) I felt hurt and betrayed by both sides!!! even though I was very careful not to mention a word of what was going on in anything I Posted. I had no idea that you were actually asked to leave the thread. I feel close to the people on the other thread and wanted to still be in contact with them, but for weeks I couldn't make myself post. Now I am posting on both threads, but still can't get down to making any personal comments on either thread.

I love those of you who left and started this thread, but I love those who stayed at the other thread too. Does that make any sense? Do I have to choose sides? This all has been on my mind and my heart since it happened, and I want to keep up will all of you, and you new ones who were not on the other threads.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I feel guilty posting in both sites. I don't want to feel bad, but I feel the strain anyway. So will you all accept me even if I do "sleep with the enemy" as they say?

I vowed I would never talk about my feeling in this matter, but her you've gone and pulled it all out of me, So will I feel better for getting my feelings out in the open, or will I feel even more guilty?

WOW Too Serious. Let's have a little fun

ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 11:24 AM   #18  

Smile

I want you to stay posting here BarbG. HOWEVER, having said that I do think you should watch who you are teaching "graphic posting" too - YOU created a monster!!! (Okay I will admit Gloria's pics are good)

By the way - did you read the name of the thread "Everyone Welcome"!!!

I have to also say that after Andria and Tricia's posts and the responses I do feel this thread truly lives up to it's name "Sanctuary". While I was reading along I felt such calm, peace - all coming from the words everyone said.

THANK YOU!!!!

We have all found the place where we should be!!!!

BEWARE - this weekend I may actually post about diet and exercise.
Shocking I know!!!!

Dr. Phil says you have to find someone to be accountable too - someone to report weekly too. Well, you lucky "thread sharers" I have picked YOU!!!!

Later, I am at work and should be working!!! I had to respond to BarbG. Please keep coming here -
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 12:45 PM   #19  
Gloria

I'm with you Lucky. This is a Sanctuary. What was said or done in the past is just that, the past. If we stay in the past, we will never grow. Please, i don't want anyone thinking they have to leave.

Now about the weight loss issue. I don't weigh myself daily because it depresses me. I have notice, that my jeans fit better and I'm not tugging at my blouses to make more room for my boobs. Why are the boobs the first to go when you lose weight?

I was wondering if any of you are on the South Beach Diet? Also, does anyone power walk for exercise?

I'm not feeling very well today. It maybe from lack of sleep, plus its cold outside today and i cant open the windows.
Hope to talk to you all soon.
Hugs to all.
Gloria

Last edited by 5 dogs; 02-11-2005 at 01:25 PM.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:58 PM   #20  

Good Afternoon!

Gloria, you have got to feel great having a little less stomach on you lap! I'm excited for you but have to admit I'm also a little jealous. My stomach is a real problem area for me. I can tell that I lose a decent amount of weight from there but after carrying Jake and Addie around for 8 months it is really yucky no matter what I do. I've decided that if it isn't better within a year of reaching my goal weight I'm off to the plastic surgeon. My overall goal is better health but, darn it, I'm not going to do all of this work and still not be able to by cute clothes! And by the way, GREAT GRAPHICS!

Diet and exercise, Lucky? I had almost forgotten that's what we were here for! I've been really good about getting to the gym every day. I missed last night because Will's karate class ran a little late and then we ended up stuck in traffic due to road contruction until almost 7:00. I would have had to go back through it all to get to the gym and I knew I couldn't make my class by the time I had gotten dinner for everyone, etc. Anyway, the point of the story is that I actually MISSED exercising. And it wasn't because I felt guilty. I just flat out felt physically yucky having not been able to get an intense workout. I'm doing well on the food front too. We have a birthday party but luckily it is at this glow golf place that is in the mall so I can walk around during the pizza, cake, and ice cream. Of course, there is still that 1 pound box of Godiva chocolate in my cabinet. I bought some for Will's teachers for their valentine party and I don't know what possessed me but I got some for us too. Greg loves it so I thought it would be a nice valentine treat for him. I've put it in a cabinet that is no where near the table but that requires me to get a chair to reach it. So, it is a real pain to get to it. Hopefully it will help. Actually, it may be nice to have around for when a craving hits because I can only eat one piece at once because they are so rich. A regular candy bar, m&ms, etc. I can go through like nobody's business. I haven't had one yet though so maybe that is a good sign that I'll be able to control myself. Wish me luck!

Oh, I am so excited. I ordered a new MP3 player the other day and it should be here tomorrow. Greg has one that I've been taking to the gym with me but I don't like being stuck with his music. Not that it is bad music, but I like to exercise to certain beats and that may be songs that I wouldn't listen to any other time so I don't want to hog his space with them. Plus, the one I got is much smaller and will be easier to use during a workout or walk. I'm don't consider myself technologically savvy but I have to admit that I love to get new gadgets.

I see children in the mud puddle so I'd better go and get them before they get so filthy that they have to have a full blown bath. Catch you all later!

Tricia
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 07:15 PM   #21  
Gloria

I was watching the cooking show today and was wondering if anyone else finds Rachael Ray annoying?

I also found out today that balancing yourself on one foot can help in weight loss. I have a friend that works on a train, and he has trouble keeping weight on. He has to balanc himself while the train is moving. The next time i am cleaning up the kitchen, i will try lifting one foot off the floor. I may look like a pink flamingo but if it helps, why not. I can give my hubby a good laugh.
Gloria
Old 02-11-2005, 08:55 PM   #22  

Oh, I find Rachel Ray VERY annoying. I have no idea how she has THREE shows on that network. And, you know, I never really even see anything on her show that I think I would want to make. Maybe that is why she does so well. People like me who don't like her but keep watching anyway. She's one of those people I love to hate so I guess that is why I stay tuned in. I need to work on that!
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 10:59 PM   #23  

OK guys, quick check in...I've got to be up at 5:00 to take Rhys to a soccer jamboree. Ugh!

Love the graphics!!! I'm going to have to try this when I get the chance to play on the computer again instead of just running in and out.

I am reading everything, just don't have time to really post. I'm crying and sympathizing with the sad stories and laughing and cheering over the good ones so please don't think I don't care when I haven't time to write about specifics. I think this is a lovely group of people. It is nice to have others who are willing to listen and can cry and laugh when needed.

Gotta go. I need my beauty sleep (ha ha)!

Laura

p.s. Gloria, I've just started back on South Beach. I did it a couple of years ago and lost about 30 pounds. Right now, I'm desperately trying everything...
southern gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 08:11 AM   #24  
Gloria

Who turned off the heat. Burrrr. There is ice on my car windsheld this morning. I don't mind the cold, but i want the other stuff that goes with it. Changing seasons instead of one long hot season, then BAM, cold and ice. I want to live in upper Georgia.

Last night i was getting undressed to take my shower, and i noticed that just under my ribcage there is a small indentation. Could this possibly be my wast? I haven't seen it for so long i almost forgot what it looks like. I guess all that wiggling around with belly dancing has paid off.

Hope to talk to all of you today.
Gloria
Old 02-12-2005, 08:55 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 325/

Height: 5'8"

Don't have time to post much. For some reason my quotes aren't working. Everytime I put something in quotes it just looks normal. What they Heck?

Anyway, BarbG, I for one don't want you to leave. I have no problem with you posting on the other thread. I don't consider it sleeping with the enemy. I have no enemies. I may be someones enemy, but that is their choice not mine. I am no longer posting there because I felt like I was being judged. I am who I am and I believe what I believe, and it may be different from a lot of other people, but it is not wrong. I think that an open forum is just that Open. Open to anyone. Just because we don't agree on what one does with his or her own life doesn't mean that we should judge them. When we are not free to be ourselves we are cheating ourselves. And one of the reasons I am on here is to know and understand myself better. And to know and understand others who are like me, and not like me. You should feel comfortable posting where ever you want. You always bring a light into peoples days, I am sure I can speak for others when I say that. If not they will tell me, and that is the beauty of openess. Unconditional love is one of the hardest things in life to achieve, and one of my goals in life. Please stay with us. And don't feel guilty, there is nothing wrong with you wanting to share with everyone.

Ok, I have rambled enough.

Love you all,
Skitt
Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 09:17 AM   #26  

Thumbs up

Beautifully put Dawn. I have always enjoyed meeting new people - it's my opportuity to learn. :

I am going to read some Dr. Phil and get my morning

I shall return.

Laura, we all from time to time go through the "busys" and just have a few minutes to check in so we understand. I am happy you read, laugh, cry and say Hi.

Gloria: What do you do in belly dancing class? Do you go through "exercise" type movements or just dance those hips away?

Old 02-12-2005, 12:07 PM   #27  
a work in progress...

I have to say that I absolutely LOVE all the honesty and sharing that goes on here!

BarbG, I don't condsider the other thread 'enemies,' just a place that I don't want to be a part of anymore. I used to love going there. I guess the path forked and some of us took it one way and others took it the other way. No need for you to feel guilty for going both ways! But I'm sure glad that you come here too! I always enjoy your posts! And your pretty pictures!

Skittles...As always, your words make so much sense and in such a serene way. Thank you for being a part of this Sanctuary! I'm glad that you find inspiration in my little quote. I love it so much, it's part of my signature. Certainly applies to being here! "...those who matter, don't mind!"

Gloria...I think the reason that balancing makes a difference, is that your whole body is involved in maintaining that balance...which actually increases your metabolism! So, lets all do the 'stork thing' while we do the dishes or iron and see what happens! Congrats on less stomach on your lap!

Hi Laura! Glad to see you're still with us!

Tricia...I keep forgetting to tell you how much I enjoyed your scale story! ("TOO MUCH!") Kids! Gotta love their honesty! sometimes!

Cheryll...SO? How was Chuckie Cheese? It doesn't seem so long ago I was taking my little rugrats there! My youngest 'rugrat' will be 14 tomorrow and we're feeling every bit of the teen angst lately. *sigh*

Lucky, What's Dr Phil saying today? Inspire me, please!

Andria and Tony...I hope you're having fun!

I have to bring my son to a scout event at a restaurant down by the beach. I'm going to bundle up and bring the dog and we're going for a nice long walkie. So, that's my fun thing for today, Skit! I'll let you know how much fun we had when we get back!

So, that's it for now, for me. I'll be back!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 12:18 PM   #28  

Thumbs up

Quote:
No need for you to feel guilty for going both ways!
BarbG: Just to clarify - Kat is talking about participating in threads here right???

Old 02-12-2005, 12:57 PM   #29  
Hang In There

AWWWH HECK!!! I though she was giving me permission to change my lifestyle.
I'd think 39 years with the same oleAlvin should be enougth for anyone!!! Oh well....

ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 02:51 PM   #30  
Gloria

When i go to my belly dancing class Lucky, our instructor mixes in latin aerobics with belly dancing. The class last an hour and is designed to concentrate on your hips, wast, butt and legs. Because of my car accident i have neck problems, but in this class, i have no problems shaking the parts of my body that need the most attention. I also do water aerobics when i get tired of belly dancing and started power walking in the late mornings when its warmer. I love to exercise because it make me feel incredibly pumped. Even when I'm so tired that i don't think i could take another step, i go for a five min. walk around the block with my music on. Have you ever taken a walk with Randy Travis singing to you? Its just wonderful. When i stoped looking at exercise as something i have to do, and started looking at it as "How good am i going to feel today", that was when i started looking forward to it.

I love getting new things in the mail Tricia. I have also wanted an MP3 player but just never got around to getting one. I use a small C.D. player for when i go walking. Walking to the Monkeys singing "Then i saw her face" is one of my favorites.
Most of my weight came from not being able to do much of anything after my accident. The baby fat i had after my son was born i lost riding my bike when we lived in Va. There was a baby seat on the back of the bike, and i would bundle Will up real good and we would take off. Boy i miss those days. Exercising has always been a part of my daily routine. Its something i don't even think about, like burshing your teeth or taking a bath. Its just something i do in my everyday living.

I hope all of you know that i consider you as friends.
I am getting hungry so am going to eat something.
Hugs.
Gloria